Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon Language

Lauren Werran

What languages do demons speak? I was investigating a case in Mexico recently, and the Demon was speaking German. Or the girl was speaking German through the Demon. I don't know which. Then there was another case in Canada among a member of the Ojibwa tribe where the person possessed spoke neither English nor French nor an aboriginal tongue but rather an odd dialect of Swahili. Can anyone confirm through their own experiences why Demons speak the languages they do?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supernatural Hunter

• Hamlyn

• Cynical Sounds

• HerNibs

What languages do demons speak? I was investigating a case in Mexico recently, and the Demon was speaking German. Or the girl was speaking German through the Demon. I don't know which. Then there was another case in Canada among a member of the Ojibwa tribe where the person possessed spoke neither English nor French nor an aboriginal tongue but rather an odd dialect of Swahili. Can anyone confirm through their own experiences why Demons speak the languages they do?

going for the obvious question

was it confirmed to be german/swahili by a fluent speaker or was it just assumed it was because someone said it sounded similar or contained a word or 2 some1 knew in that language

if not it could have just been nonsense which could be explained by various medical diagnoses such as various types of aphasia (like fluent aphasia or global aphasia) or logorrhea or maybe an extreme case of dysnomia.

if it was confirmed did them spend any time in countries or with people who speak the respective languages because susac's syndrome would fit if they did.

btw out of interest what language did the angle of death speak

If there were such things as demons (a point which I am not willing to stipulate), I imagine they could speak any language they wanted. I don't see what advantage they'd get from speaking the wrong ones when walking to and fro about their business. I'd expect any "demon" that was serious about its business to be on the ball enough to know which language was spoken in the location of the body it's shaingaied. Maybe the "demons" you mentioned were lost in more ways than merely theologically.

Edited by CausticGnostic

id also like more info on the subject, especially the people who apparently were fluent in these languages and said those people are speaking them.

i think its funny though how a "demon" would speak German and swahili, and not.....Demon.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

It's there some kind of illness that is known to cause people to speak in another language?

No sir, there certainly is not!

It's there some kind of illness that is known to cause people to speak in another language?

lol illness that cause people to speak in another language. That will be so cool imagine you are going to China and take a injections on some virus and you are reedy to talk purely in Chinese loool

B) E.K.

are are illness's that can cause a person to speak another language but they have to know that language prior to the illness taking hold

take susac's syndrome, this causes people to think a memory is in the present, if it happens to some-one who has live abroad they may start speaking the language of that country (as they believe they are still there)

According to Michael Hahn, a US Expert on the subject, thinking you live in a foreign country happens in a "fair percentage" of cases.

65% of the time demon's speak in latin but the other 35% could be anything

65% of the time demon's speak in latin but the other 35% could be anything

want to show your source or how you collected this information?

want to show your source or how you collected this information?

I would show a source but its out of a book which has been in my family for generations, 5 i think

I would show a source but its out of a book which has been in my family for generations, 5 i think

So it's a two-hundred year old book?

What

is

the

title?

It is just as easy to type the title and author as it is to tell us it's a book that's been in your family for 5 generations!

are are illness's that can cause a person to speak another language but they have to know that language prior to the illness taking hold

take susac's syndrome, this causes people to think a memory is in the present, if it happens to some-one who has live abroad they may start speaking the language of that country (as they believe they are still there)

Ah ok. I just remember a case when someone started speaking like they were Irish but according to friends and family they had never been to Ireland. Figured it could be something like that.

Ah here we go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome

And this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoglossy

Edited by Corp

I'm 65% sure that Supernatural Hunter and Lauren Werran are the same dou, I mean, person...35% not.

What

is

the

title?

It is just as easy to type the title and author as it is to tell us it's a book that's been in your family for 5 generations!

couldn't have put it better myself, title and if possible author and date printed/scribed please

Ah ok. I just remember a case when someone started speaking like they were Irish but according to friends and family they had never been to Ireland. Figured it could be something like that.

Ah here we go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome

And this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoglossy

foreign accent syndrome hardly counts in this because its only the accent that changes not the language itself and xenoglossy is horse manure there hasn't been independently verified case where the subject has been without prior exposure to the language they speak and its almost always poorly spoken and with an extremely limited vocabulary often with made up words

So it's a two-hundred year old book?

Yep it is you wouldn't believe how much demonology was different back then to what it is now

What

is

the

title?

I can't remember the auther but the book was called "Mythology : Demon's And Spirits"

I assumed that the typical Demons habit was to speak in latin and or Biblical jargans? :wacko:

I can't remember the auther but the book was called "Mythology : Demon's And Spirits"

that's an odd title especially for a early/pre 1800's book. what's the subject matter and context of the book how are the demons/sprits in the book portrayed?

that's an odd title especially for a early/pre 1800's book. what's the subject matter and context of the book how are the demons/sprits in the book portrayed?

They basically say what demon's want, what there doing, whey they do it and they have exorcism rituals (my signature) and with spirits what are they and why there here

They basically say what demon's want, what there doing, whey they do it and they have exorcism rituals (my signature) and with spirits what are they and why there here

In that case I simply don't believe you.

the word mythology would never be used in that context in the early 19th century, and prior to the mid-late 19th century myths and mythology in generally was considered a form of history distorted by multiple word to mouth retellings. where the book you describe is a book of fact with factual information (well information the writer believed to be factual) not stories but complete no fiction, even a book discussing suggesting some of what people here about demons is not true wouldn't have the words myth in the title or be considered mythological.

so lets say the books slightly younger say later 19th century, as there was a slight change in what people thought myths were about, some claimed myths were an attempt at a literal explanation for natural phenomena.... nope still not fitting ok what about or the idea that myths arose around a lack of abstract nouns in early language which is an idea which again doesn't fit around the context of the book.

basically in the time frame you place the book the demons/demonology and mythology were considered 2 separate things.

Somewhere in the U.S. an entire computer class the giggling they're collective pocket-protectors off, I'm tellin ya.

In that case I simply don't believe you.

the word mythology would never be used in that context in the early 19th century, and prior to the mid-late 19th century myths and mythology in generally was considered a form of history distorted by multiple word to mouth retellings. where the book you describe is a book of fact with factual information (well information the writer believed to be factual) not stories but complete no fiction, even a book discussing suggesting some of what people here about demons is not true wouldn't have the words myth in the title or be considered mythological.

so lets say the books slightly younger say later 19th century, as there was a slight change in what people thought myths were about, some claimed myths were an attempt at a literal explanation for natural phenomena.... nope still not fitting ok what about or the idea that myths arose around a lack of abstract nouns in early language which is an idea which again doesn't fit around the context of the book.

basically in the time frame you place the book the demons/demonology and mythology were considered 2 separate things.

:D:tu:

This is great. You should have a fan club.

Nibs