Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are You a Sociopath?

WoIverine

We've been trying with a spectacular lack of success for 13 years. He loves her, you see. It's been nothing but a mess from day one and he's riding the denial train with blinders on.

That's why it should be legally acceptable to abduct and deprogram people...if deemed necessary by a judge, or therapist or something. lol

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• _Nyx_

• The Silver Thong

• Sweetpumper

That's why it should be legally acceptable to abduct and deprogram people...if deemed necessary by a judge, or therapist or something. lol

They don't change. No deprogramming or therapy will help these people.

That sucks. Well, don't expect it to end well.

Oh, my expectations died a quick death about a week after the wedding. Long, drawn out saga that doesn't need repeated here. But that b*tch (and there's really no other word for her, truly) is definitely a sociopath, or at least shows many tendencies in that direction.

Very true, I know many people in the same boat. Problem is.. they seem to like it..... sigh... even the hot ones.. <_<

Oh, my expectations died a quick death about a week after the wedding. Long, drawn out saga that doesn't need repeated here. But that b*tch (and there's really no other word for her, truly) is definitely a sociopath, or at least shows many tendencies in that direction.

Best way to make someone disappear, have a big BBQ, invite everyone!! Yeah I watched Fried Green Tomatoes. Sociopath is great with gravy!!

Here is a list of ways to identify a sociopath. This list is from "Profile of a Sociopath". Is is a pretty good list of sociopathic indicators.

•Glibness/Superficial Charm

•Manipulative and Conning

•Grandiose Sense of Self

•Pathological Lying

•Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

•Shallow Emotions

•Incapacity for Love

•Need for Stimulation

•Callousness/Lack of Empathy

•Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

•Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency

•Irresponsibility/Unreliability

•Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

•Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

•Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

•Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them

•Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them

•Authoritarian

•Secretive

•Paranoid

•Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired

•Conventional appearance

•Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)

•Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life

•Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)

•Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim

•Incapable of real human attachment to another

•Unable to feel remorse or guilt

•Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievements)

•May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

I think that must have been labelled with the wrong headline. Surely that's a list of qualifications needed to enter the political profession.

I think that must have been labelled with the wrong headline. Surely that's a list of qualifications needed to enter the political profession.

Yep, I'd wager that most politicals are corrupt overlords in training, hence they're sociopaths. They may not kill people personally like a serial killer, but we all know they capitalize on the deaths of others.

Yep, I'd wager that most politicals are corrupt overlords in training, hence they're sociopaths. They may not kill people personally like a serial killer, but we all know they capitalize on the deaths of others.

Exactly what I was about to say.

It looks like a job qualification wish-list for a CEO to a big bank on wall street, or a power-hungry errand-weasel-politician running big-corporates agenda in the government.

Thanks for all the information and taking the time to prepare it for reading. I have met a couple but they were in the Forensic Unit,being evaluated prior to them being determined if competent to stand trail.

Thanks for all the information and taking the time to prepare it for reading. I have met a couple but they were in the Forensic Unit,being evaluated prior to them being determined if competent to stand trail.

No problem man, it was nothing, just a curiosity I had about the personality type, then reprinted what I found online to see if anyone else was interested as well. Sounds like you've got a cool job man.

She's barely 5 feet tall and might weigh all of 85 pounds....using her as a Tiki Torch might work out better.

Pfft.... shes perfect for a hotdog bun. Little bit of mustard.... bet she would look good in yellow. Hey was obessing or joking about eating people on that list?

I could possibly be a burgeoning sociopath... :unsure2::lol:

Well, career day would be interesting. :)

Nibs

(Obviously, in order to be a sociopath a person doesn't have to exhibit anything like all the above. Usually, the lack of a conscience, the manipulation of others, dishonesty and the inability to love and/or have lasting and profound personal relations and cruelty are key symptoms and often much more revealing than having been in trouble with the courts).

The article can be found here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_someone_is_a_sociopath

Well, crap, looks like it's time for therapy. :rolleyes:

Only one or two match -

Narcissism

Grandiose Sense of Self

Is it normal to spend all day admiring yourself in the mirror?

Edited by Alien Being

sounds more bi-polar -ish to me than sociopath...

Broken household is about it. I've always maintained that she's bi-polar, however. Though, to hear her tell it, the problem is everyone else and not her. :rolleyes:

I really dislike the way people throw the term 'bi-polar' around like they know what they're talking about.

I was actually diagnosed with Manic Depression a few years back. I have always called it Manic Depression and I don't see why it should be changed to bipolar. It's accurate of the traits in my opinion and bi-polar doesn't make it any less severe.

Nor does the fact that people throw the term around/at people like they're doctors, or like they're in a position to judge.

A lot of mental health problems carry VERY similar traits to each other which is why it makes mental health disorders to difficult to diagnose.

Reading a website on the symptoms does not qualify you to start making judgements on someone's diagnosis. BY ALL MEANS make judgements on their mental health, but not on the actual disorder they MAY have. There are so many different factors. There are a lot of grounds that websites don't usually go into. It doesn't make you an expert. Leave it to the professionals IMO.

I'm not even going to start on the fact that whiny angsty kids think its cool to be 'disturbed' now. It makes me vomit.

And now for the fun part of the thread....

•Glibness/Superficial Charm

•Manipulative and Conning - I CAN be if there is a specific purpose. I would never intentionally hurt anyone with this method.

•Grandiose Sense of Self

•Pathological Lying

•Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

•Shallow Emotions

•Incapacity for Love - There is only one man I have ever truly loved. I am with him now, but I lied to many others before admitting to myself I only ever loved him.

•Need for Stimulation

•Callousness/Lack of Empathy

•Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

•Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency

•Irresponsibility/Unreliability

•Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

•Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

•Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility - I don't break the law, but I could and get away with it if I wanted. I know what to do..but I would never do it.

•Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them

•Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them

•Authoritarian

•Secretive

•Paranoid

•Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired

•Conventional appearance

•Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)

•Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life

•Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)

•Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim

•Incapable of real human attachment to another - Most people. But not all.

•Unable to feel remorse or guilt

•Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievements)

•May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

16. Fun Quiz. Not a Sociopath though :lol:

Edited by DukeofNoodleness

Alright...screw being bi-polar then...the chick's a freakin psycho. That better? I've had to deal with the fallout of her behavior for 13 years.

Edited by _Nyx_

16. Fun Quiz. Not a Sociopath though :lol:

I'm sitting pretty at 17, I've got ya beat on the crazy meter, and I'm not even manic depressive! :devil:

Soon...I will rule this planet, and re-create it in a manner I see fit! *schemes more*

Edited by SpiderCyde

I'm sitting pretty at 17, I've got ya beat on the crazy meter, and I'm not even manic depressive! :devil:

Soon...I will rule this planet, and re-create it in a manner I see fit! *schemes more*

You will have to wait your turn as I said yes and no to Sweetpumpers comment in this post.

"A sociopath would be the last one to say 'yes' to this question."

:lol:

Now where is my Italian head pizza :devil:

Pfft.... shes perfect for a hotdog bun. Little bit of mustard.... bet she would look good in yellow. Hey was obessing or joking about eating people on that list?

Oh Oh I think I qualifie..... damn it there goes my promotion errrrrrrr lol

Edited by The Silver Thong

A sociopath would be the last one to say 'yes' to this question.

And just what exactly do you mean by that remark? Are you saying that just because anyone answers yes to any of the questions that they are immediately and without any doubt declared non sociopathic?

How dare you! I fit each and every criteria listed in the OP and I openly admit to having such tendencies as to those that were listed. Yet, in your opinion, because I do so, you believe that I am not a sociopath in any way?

Just for that I'm going to launch bottle rockets near your house, then report you to the police for using illegal fireworks. Then, as they show up, we'll see whose right as I douse myself in gasoline at your front door and immolate mysel...

No, wait...

I wouldn't do that.

Never mind.

blush.gif

Wow, I was about to say that list describes alot of people! Especially obama!

Well.,. not really but It's possible I could be anyone of those symptoms on a good day! :innocent: *lil muah ah's*:devil:

I'm a Pisces so my traits depend on my environment and my mood. :D

Alright...screw being bi-polar then...the chick's a freakin psycho. That better? I've had to deal with the fallout of her behavior for 13 years.

Much better. I am sorry you have to deal with her mood swings though. I can understand how difficult that much be to deal with on a day to day basis. Please don't take my last message as a personal dig. I was simply explaining why I don't like the term being thrown around so casually :yes:

Ok ok, we get it. You're all crazy and stuff!¬ :lol: