Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Humans One Day Walk on Walls?

TRUEYOUTRUEME

Could humans one day walk on walls, like Spider-Man? A palm-sized device invented at Cornell that uses water surface tension as an adhesive bond just might make it possible.

The rapid adhesion mechanism could lead to such applications as shoes or gloves that stick and unstick to walls, or Post-it-like notes that can bear loads, according to Paul Steen, professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering, who invented the device with Michael Vogel, a former postdoctoral associate.

arrow3.gifRead more...

New technologies are being talked about all of the time but of course will we see them come to light in our life-time? It is amazing to think of what the future may be like. People walking on walls? Why not?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• _Nyx_

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• Child of the light

Because girls would never wear that getup. We put way too much time and effort into our makeup and hair just to cover it all up... laugh.gif

Am now imagining a spiderwoman gf.......and I'd better not elaborate on what am imagining. LOLblush.gif

New technologies are being talked about all of the time but of course will we see them come to light in our life-time? It is amazing to think of what the future may be like. People walking on walls? Why not?

Why?

Because girls would never wear that getup. We put way too much time and effort into our makeup and hair just to cover it all up... :lol:

Yea except girls will look much better in those tights that the spidery super-hero used to wear. Plus how they would move on the walls would be incredible!

Believe me, women will absolutely go for this. Just another accessory and way for them to express their beauty.

Geez if this thing was to come to market believe me you will see men and women both doing it on the walls together.

Hope that is not to graphic. lol. But it came to mind.

Edited by TRUEYOUTRUEME

Yea except girls will look much better in those tights that the spidery super-hero used to wear. Plus how they would move the walls would be increible!

Believe me, women will absolutely go for this. Just another accessory and way for them to express their beauty.

Geez if this thing was to come to market believe me you will see men and women both doing it on the walls together.

Hpoe that is not to graphic. lol. But it came to mind.

Somehow I'm doubting this...gravity's great and all, but there's limits...

lol I think it would be fun to be able to clime up walls but every would want one then its just another toy, nothing special but i think special ops or police should consider using that cause think what they could do with that tech ^_^

While we have many instances where this will be useful...Its had much potential within this for people to abuse it

Thanks

B???

LOL

laugh.gif

Why aint there a Spiderwoman or Spidergirl?

because she is about 50 years older than spiderman, she is also interdimentional and called mrs. web.

This is a great Idea, only you have to remember, Spidey has superhuman strength. I dont care how well it sticks, you would have to be very strong to pull your wieght up a wall. Ask any rock climber.

While we have many instances where this will be useful...Its had much potential within this for people to abuse it

Thanks

B???

A spidey-burglar?

Oh, that's just great. More footprints on the ceiling and kids climbing the walls.

LOL

laugh.gif

Why aint there a Spiderwoman or Spidergirl?

Cos she would eat spiderman for afters.