Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aurora borealis photos

Still Waters

The northern lights, or aurora borealis, are seen when the solar wind stream hits Earth's magnetic field, sparking bright auroras around the Arctic Circle.These shots were taken by photographer Bjorn Jorgensen who lives in Tromso in northern Norway.

17 Images

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen in the North

• Paraweird

• Still Waters

• The_Griffin

Wow! So beautiful original.gif I really want to see this for myself one day thumbsup.gif . Anyone lucky enough to live somewhere you can see this regularly is now officially on my envy list wink2.gif

Edited by Paraweird

Stunning!

Anyone lucky enough to live somewhere you can see this regularly is now officially on my envy list wink2.gif

You have an envy list? :P Is it written in black marker pen and everything?

You have an envy list? tongue.gif Is it written in black marker pen and everything?

Actually, it is written in black ink! :P.

Somebody at work has just shown me their own photos of the phenomenon. No fair! disgust.gif . Lol.

It blows my mind everytime I see one of these threads. It's just such a common occurance where I live that it amazes me that people are willing to travel here to see them! Honestly, I barely even notice anymore! lol! Anyway, I'm going up to my cabin this weekend in northwestern Ontario. I'll see if I can get some pictures although they do seem to occur more in the fall.

It blows my mind everytime I see one of these threads. It's just such a common occurance where I live that it amazes me that people are willing to travel here to see them! Honestly, I barely even notice anymore! lol! Anyway, I'm going up to my cabin this weekend in northwestern Ontario. I'll see if I can get some pictures although they do seem to occur more in the fall.

Jealous.