Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampire Culture

odinsgrl

I'm all for any kind of non-conformity. I'm even for any kind of conformity. Heck, whatever makes you life more fulfilling.

But I have been reading about, the Vampire sub-culture, recently, and I've been wondering about the validity of it. I'm not talking about the Goth's, as they call themselves. I'm talking about the people who consiter themselves vampires, and feel the need to dress in victorian era clothes, and actually drink the blood of others, (from volunteer hosts, of course).

I'm not dissing these people in any way, or saying that they're wrong for doing this. I just have to wonder, is it a fad? I would say that its just a teenage thing, but grown men and women, live and participate in this lifestyle. Do they actually believe they are immortal? Do they believe that they will burst into flames, should they walk into the sun?

Is there anyone out there connected, or into this lifesyle? Its very interesting to me. I know that those who participate in this lifestyle, are pretty tight-lipped, and there has only been a few authors and other media allowed into the "inner circle".

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janiel

• death

• Aezy

• Chauncy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a couple of forums and message boards out there for people who believe they are "Real" Vampires. A Google or Yahoo search can find them. You should read some posts from them. They make everyone on this board seem completely sane and buttoned up. tongue.gif

It's an interesting study of the power of self delusion if nothing else. Anne Rice pretty much kicked the whole craze off if you ask me..

i think that these kind of people want to believe that they are different because they dislike everything else in the world. so they may or may not believe they are immortal or whatever, but they just try to be different from the rest of the world and they want to make other people think the same way as they do. they are just a little too weird and crazy for me because i think its kinda stupid if you really think you are a real vampire and immortal and to think that you must feed off of human blood to survive. its probably a little more than a fad. but i could be wrong.

Edited by hereticdude666

Oh puhleaze! These "vampires" are a bunch of misfits who wanted to be special and they are saying: Look at MEEE!!!

I remember watching a TLC programs on vampires and they interview some of these "real" vampires. This one vampire lady was pontificating about drinking blood:

"Well, it is like..you know...when you drink somebody's blood...uh...you know....you get this connection...you know, this primal connection with the other person...ugh..when you drink their blood. The act itself...you know....is very...it is very intimate, you know....."

WHATEVER!

disgusted.gif

I think they are just people who want to be something other than themselves.

A vampire is a good choice of identities, immortality, super strength, flying....all the good stuff.original.gif

You can't really go around claiming to be a vampire without drinking some blood, you'd loose all credibility. So I would say that it is a passion or maybe obsession of sorts where the only way they can really get closer to their chosen identity is by totally submerging themselves in the lore that surronds this being.

They got nothing on this vampire!

post-14-1087449084.jpg

Is that a gang sign he's flashing there, Chauncy?

J.K.- He's my favorite too! tongue.gif

Vamprism is some kind of deal where people drink each others blood to connect each others soul to become one, but i think it's a little farfetched if vampires were real (not saying they are not) i dont think they would publisiseing(sp?) them selves. i have to admit i drink blood (a few times it wasn't mine), but only 'cause i like the taste...i dont go around calling myself a vampire or anything.

you drink blood that isn't yours??

you drink blood that isn't yours??

lol yea sometimes theres nothing wrong with it. it's just blood. you have it i have it they have it...of course we always check for STD's and stuff like that...

lol yea sometimes theres nothing wrong with it. it's just blood. you have it i have it they have it...of course we always check for STD's and stuff like that...

Where do you get the blood?

so you drink your friends blood???? how cud you do that??? i think you choose to become a vampire!

Hi, I am a total horror fan and i myself do not understand it either. I watched a documentary about it, and these people were describing that vegetarian blood is sweet tasting whereas meat-eaters was bitter!

And the amount of blood they drink is literally no more than a drops worth which makes them go all euthoric..

But then again the same programme had a real blood drinker, real cup-fulls. He has a blood disorder, and finds drinking a cup a day from the local butcher (pigs/cowsblood!) helps him.

I can see why people want to become vamps. Its all about the romanticism of the vampire legend.

As for blood, blood is an emetic so if someone really wanted to try their luck and drink a lot, it would make them ill!

I believe its the same thing being Gothic was.

Like people want to not conform, so they became goths, which eventually became conforming, so now they believe they are vampires because Goths are kinda soft compared to vampires.

Ive noticed a patern amongst certain people who could really stand out, you know they seem more intelligent than most people, and are more interesting no matter how strange they seem, and they dont conform to anything.

I think these "vampires" are people like that who are trying to hard to not conform and doing it in the end.

so yeh, its just a fad

Hi, I am a total horror fan and i myself do not understand it either. I watched a documentary about it, and these people were describing that vegetarian blood is sweet tasting whereas meat-eaters was bitter!

And the amount of blood they drink is literally no more than a drops worth which makes them go all euthoric..

But then again the same programme had a real blood drinker, real cup-fulls. He has a blood disorder, and finds drinking a cup a day from the local butcher (pigs/cowsblood!) helps him.

I can see why people want to become vamps. Its all about the romanticism of the vampire legend.

As for blood, blood is an emetic so if someone really wanted to try their luck and drink a lot, it would make them ill!

i dont drink it often at all, amybe once every one or two months, and only cause i like the taste grin2.gif

so you drink your friends blood???? how cud you do that??? i think you choose to become a vampire!

it was their idea the first time...i was drinking my own (in which i do all every time i bleed) when my friend asked me if i wanted some of his, i said sure why not...so he opened a scab and put it in a shot glass and that was the first time i had someone elses blood...

Edited by janielsenj666

Sounds like a fast way to catch something rather nasty and incurable!

yeh i agree fenris!!!! it's totally sik to do that in my opinion but each to his own!

yeh i agree fenris!!!! it's totally sik to do that in my opinion but each to his own!

I wouldn't class it as 'sick' but definatly not the brightest thing to do....

there are easier ways to commit suicide!

how can you like the taste of blood? No offence but it sounds disgusting!!! What does it taste like?

its like a weird sweet bitter combo. that i love... original.gif

QUOTE (death @ Jun 22 2004, 02:02 PM)

I wouldn't class it as 'sick' but definatly not the brightest thing to do....

there are easier ways to commit suicide!

dont worry...i waoint do it if i dont know weather or not they have a std or something, it just so happend that he just had a cheack up thing so im all good!

If your gonna drink other peoples blood, you may as well just start licking toilet seats. In fact, the toilet seats will put you at a lesser risk of getting an incurable disease.

Or you could lick bloody toilet seats! thumbsup.gif

yeh i agree! how cud u drink someone elses blood?????

I guess common sense would stipulate that you just don't cut your buddy and drink what comes out.

There doesn't seem to be any type of disorder or natural tendency towards drinking blood. So those that do do so by choice, and therefore are the furthest thing from any true vampirism.

So to do it lacks logic and rationality........which makes it pretty stupid to drink your buddies blood.

YEP I AGRRE CHAUNCY!