Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hotel has a ghost in the window?

Still Waters

An Invercargill man has taken a photograph that could be proof of the afterlife, or it could be a cloud – who knows?

Andrew Watters travelled to St Bathans, near Alexandra, with his partner Kim Ward during the weekend in search of the spirits that reputedly haunt its buildings.

"I'd always been nagging my Kim to go and have a look at the Vulcan Hotel and its supposed ghost, hoping we would find something."

That search turned up short.

"I had a beer at the pub and got goosebumps but I think it was just the excitement.

The pair took plenty of photos and didn't think they had anything until a friend spotted a shape with an uncanny resemblance to a woman in the window at the post office, he said.

"It's freaked me out a bit. The shape is very close to a human figure."

The photograph did not make him any more or less sceptical about the existence of ghosts but it was bizarre, Mr Watters said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sinewave

• Moonie2012

• Professor Buzzkill

• Eldorado

A giant ghost :rofl:

Ok no, seriously. Look at the window above the 'giant image' if you look carefully you should notice its the exact same image as the one below. In my opinion its a cloud. I love looking into the sky and making pictures out of clouds :)

Edited by MsKatsipoulis

Ok no, seriously. Look at the window above the 'giant image' if you look carefully you should notice its the exact same image as the one below. In my opinion its a cloud. I love looking into the sky and making pictures out of clouds :)

That Was magnified Image that you saw at The side..Well, As The Article stated It is Just some cloud reflection...I saw The Story Today Morning, But I didnt Like The Lady's Image...LOL

Thanks

B???

If it isn't fake, this is the best ghost photo I've ever seen.

If it's a cloud, it's a helluva detailed one.

Edited by Moonie2012

Don't believe in ghosts, but have to agree with you. That's a great pic.

I dont believe in clouds.... must be a ghost!!

Quite possibly a demon cloud.

Given the thread title - that must be a pane :rolleyes:

This did not "freak me out". It immediately made think that the owner of that building or flat has pasted a paper poster on one of the window-blinds-(shades?). The other two windows seem to have shades of the same colour but without the poster.

This did not "freak me out". It immediately made think that the owner of that building or flat has pasted a paper poster on one of the window-blinds-(shades?). The other two windows seem to have shades of the same colour but without the poster.

+1

It is a cool illusion but it seems to be something behind the glass. I am not sure what. It could be poster or picture. Zoomed in it does not look like a reflection as it did on first blush.

Edited by sinewave

Quite possibly a demon cloud.

It really gets around...

That Was magnified Image that you saw at The side..

My bad :blush: Thank-you for the correction Beh :P

P.s Still think its a cloud though!!

It's a cloud reflection people. Let's keep it simple and logical.

We know it's an optical illsusion....that don't mean it's not a great pic.

We don't KNOW that it's an illusion caused by a cloud, we're guessing.

If it is an illusion, it's the best most defined one I have ever seen.

Edited by Moonie2012

We don't KNOW that it's an illusion caused by a cloud, we're guessing.

If it is an illusion, it's the best most defined one I have ever seen.

It sure looks like a cloud in the wide shot. When I enlarge that section it looks as though someone has propped a picture up behind the glass. In any event, I don't think it is a ghost.

It almost looks like the zoomed in picture is photoshopped. I don't remember if the article stated what type of camera was used, but I doubt it was good enough to produce that much detail when zoomed in. Why isn't it more pixilated?

The window shades ar eup in the picture...they are the white things at the top of the windows.....I don't know what this could be though. I have never seen a cloud that makes that shape but I don't know if it would be a ghost either.

Does anyone seriously think that the Department of Conservation would set up a poster of a ghost in a historic building they own? seriously? And yet not one person has seen it before or since. If that is what DOC is doing with my tax dollars i would be annoyed.

Edited by Professor GlenBoy

Does anyone seriously think that the Department of Conservation would set up a poster of a ghost in a historic building they own? seriously? And yet not one person has seen it before or since. If that is what DOC is doing with my tax dollars i would be annoyed.

Ummm, yes, The National Park Service let TAPS and Ghost Adventures investigate some of their facilities. I am disappointed they had to resort to that but they have to do what they have to do. NPS funding has been brutalized by the crappy economy.

Ummm, yes, The National Park Service let TAPS and Ghost Adventures investigate some of their facilities. I am disappointed they had to resort to that but they have to do what they have to do. NPS funding has been brutalized by the crappy economy.

Well, did the national park service then set up fake pictures of a ghost to try and trick TAPS? NO! Because if they did then they wouldn't be worthy of the government funding they recieve.

Here in NZ DOC is completely funded by the govt. to look after all national parks and historically significant places. And maybe they would let a ghost investigation team into some of their properties, but they would never provide the evidence.