Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bottom-flashing' hospital gowns replaced by

Still Waters

Embarrassing hospital gowns which expose patients' backsides are set to become a thing of the past - after new 'modesty' robes were launched at a British hospital.

Patients have complained for years the traditional garments - which tie up at the rear - are undignified and leave their bottoms visible as they walk around wards.

But now North Bristol NHS Trust has introduced wraparound gowns which tie up at the sides and protect the modesty of the wearer.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• HerNibs

• Queen in the North

• tcgram

Top Posters In This Topic

So they've gone from back-door to side-car? Niiiiice.

So they've gone from back-door to side-car? Niiiiice.

so instead of bottoms we will see side boobs instead....hmm makes a change.

Eh, I always demand two gowns. It's really strange how many nurses (men and women) don't understand why I demand it. I've had a few refuse. In those cases, I just either search the cupboards or go the the first empty room.

:)

Nibs

Eh, I always demand two gowns. It's really strange how many nurses (men and women) don't understand why I demand it. I've had a few refuse. In those cases, I just either search the cupboards or go the the first empty room.

Nibs

you ruin my fun<_<:lol:

Nibs

Mmm. I was in for a while last year, but I wore pyjamas the whole time. Had to have an ultrasound (not for that reason) and they wanted me to put one of those gowns on. Said no. They said I have to. I said I won't have it then. I got it in my pjs :lol:

you ruin my fun<_<:lol:

*LOL*

Maybe if I was 20 but believe me, my way is best for everyone.

:P

Nibs

Mmm. I was in for a while last year, but I wore pyjamas the whole time. Had to have an ultrasound (not for that reason) and they wanted me to put one of those gowns on. Said no. They said I have to. I said I won't have it then. I got it in my pjs :lol:

Good for you! It's amazing how attached they are to those damn gowns.

Nibs

Good for you! It's amazing how attached they are to those damn gowns.

Nibs

It's like they WANT being in hospital to be a degrading experience...

the worst part about it is that they used models to show off the new gowns, in exchange for plastic surgery. :hmm:

Edited by Dr Alien

Nibs

I do the same thing!! I have also made my hubby bring me a robe to put over my gown if I cannot get 2 of them. :yes:

They always offer two gowns where I go in for tests, but when I was in the hospital I took my own pj's and robe. They always keep it too cold for sitting around in a little gown.

Ladies their is only one solution you send me photos of you wearing those gowns that show your bum and I will tell you if you really need to have your own pj's or wear another robe. I am doing this in the name of research and not because I'm a pervert. :unsure2:

I can assure you I am not ashamed of my bum...I'm just very selective on who gets to see it. :devil:

I can assure you I am not ashamed of my bum...I'm just very selective on who gets to see it. :devil:

Drat plan foiled. <_<

Ladies their is only one solution you send me photos of you wearing those gowns that show your bum and I will tell you if you really need to have your own pj's or wear another robe. I am doing this in the name of research and not because I'm a pervert. :unsure2:

Don't be offended if you don't get too many takers, mmkay? :P

Nice try. :lol:

Oh, man...what a flashback this topic has brought me :tu:

Many years ago I was living and working in The Med and got a bit ill and had to go to 'hospie' there for a couple of days and as I am needle-phobic (can't remember the Latin for it) BIG TIME, they sedated me beforehand.

I was so off my face, when this sweet little old Porter guy arrived to take me in a wheelchair down for the tests...sarah snow was adamant she's gonna WALK down there. No wheelchair for me, chico..nuh-uh :no::P

Little Old Porter got all agitated and I was :no::no: I wanna walk :yes: *giggle chortle*

He then gestured about my bum...and it was :blush: I get it now :blush:

But as he wheeled me down the corridor, we both played aeroplanes down the corridor/runway, with him pushing me what seemed like full pelt, both laughing our heads off all the way :w00t::w00t: Wheeeeee.....nyaaaahhhhhhhh......raise undercarriage as we get to hospital lift...nyahhhhhhhh :w00t::w00t: I was SO Amy Johnson that day, I owned that corridor in my biplane :devil:

My first and only experience of high dosage Valium, and little old Porter guy was so sweet and preserved my dignity...bless him :lol::lol::lol:

Much as I remember it with affection, Valium is so not a good idea in real life, I suspect!!! :blink:

But can see why in today's PC world, it's better your bum does not hang out :rofl:

Edited by sarah snow

Well after having a couple of children and having anyone[nurses] and everyone[doctors].,. see "down there" I'm really not fussed anymore. Mind you if one was that sick.,. that their in hospital, personally my butt showing is the last thing on my mind. lol Mind you I find it impossible in not wondering whats under some of the hunky doctors coats! :devil: he,he. I dont like injections so i have to deter my mind with something. :rofl:

Vintage bottoms should be covered respectfully. :innocent:

:lol:

when i've been in hosp, the nurses have been great. they've always taped up the back end of my gown so my bum wasnt hanging out.

I am so terrified of injections, much to my absolute embarassment, I bit the Dentist :blush::blush:

I did buy him a bottle of Chardonnay to apologise, but I was mortified I panicked so much, as he'd only stuck his finger in to have a preliminary rummage about beforehand, but I thought it was a needle and reacted. I felt terrible :blush::blush:

Edited by sarah snow

The gowns in those pics are LONG too. Sigh... When I had my kids, I didn't have to wear stupid gowns. Never saw one in that hospital. The only other time I was in the hospital for jaw surgery... jeesh... those 'gowns' were more like kiddie's painting smocks. Barely came down to my knee, and I'm not tall.