Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

are modern humans more like pigs than apes?

blinx

are the anatomically modern humans(homo sapiens sapiens)more like pigs and swines than any other species and subspecies of primates and hominids largely in terms of intelligence and diet?

Edited by blinx

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blinx

• Mattshark

• Agent. Mulder

• Black Hound

Top Posters In This Topic

are the anatomically modern humans(homo sapiens sapiens)more like pigs and swines than any other species and subspecies of primates and hominids largely in terms of intelligence and diet?

umm, maybe in terms of diet, and some anatomy with our organs i guess. and i havent seen pigs able to solve the problems apes can.

but since we ARE apes, no, we are not closer to pigs than primates.

umm, maybe in terms of diet, and some anatomy with our organs i guess. and i havent seen pigs able to solve the problems apes can.

but since we ARE apes, no, we are not closer to pigs than primates.

how come they use pig hearts n other organs 4 transplants and not apes then? and i remember sumthin on the news a few year ago about how pigs can play proper simple computer games, how u gonna explain that?

Pigs are clever, but not on par with Chimpanzees. They are also omnivores, but even in that respect, Chimps eat stuff more similar to us then to pigs.

aint it weird how the bible and koran have rules against eating pork,but no rules against monkey meat?

Edited by blinx

how come they use pig hearts n other organs 4 transplants and not apes then? and i remember sumthin on the news a few year ago about how pigs can play proper simple computer games, how u gonna explain that?

Because we can breed pigs for such a thing and they are common, where as other apes are not.

aint it weird how the bible and koran have rules against eating pork,but not monkey meat?

Apes aren't monkeys and nor are they found in the area's were those texts come from.

Also, we are genetically more similar to rabbits than to pigs

Mammalian phylogenetic tree

New%20Picture44.jpg

Edited by Mattshark

well...we don't roll in mud,and devour everything in site like our fellow swines.........although compared to ape's............most homosapiens scratch their ass's..but not pic fleas of each other or eat them(not in my experience )...so are you asking which is more intelligent and more diet conscious?????.....well i know i'm not stupid and i love bacon.........blush.gif ...and haven't eaten any good ape's lately.....

Edited by cluey

Because we can breed pigs for such a thing and they are common, where as other apes are not.

yeah but if they werent related to us surely transplants wouldnt work?

Apes aren't monkeys and nor are they found in the area's were those texts come from.

alright apes then dont act like u didnt no wot i meant LOL by the area i supose u mean the middle east? well pigs dont live there either pal so why would it say not 2 eat pork?

yeah but if they werent related to us surely transplants wouldnt work?

Why not? Never heard of convergent evolution? Especially since the domestic pig is pretty much a human construct.

Edited by Mattshark

Why not? Never heard of convergent evolution? Especially since the domestic pig is pretty much a human construct.

yeah pigs come from boars wot live in europe not in the middle east n wot u mean by convergent

yeah pigs come from boars wot live in europe not in the middle east n wot u mean by convergent

Yep, the wild boar is actually the same species as the domestic pig, but it is quite a different animal.

Convergent Evolution

On the tree btw, pigs are in Cetartiodactyla along with sheep, goats, cows, deer, hippos and whales and dolphins.

Edited by Mattshark

right i get u now but it dont explain how ppl can get transplants off pigs

We convergently evolved by having a similar diet meaning a similar liver, but not all pig organs are usable in us. Our brains are unsurprisingly quite different as are our digestive systems.

It should be noted that we are not at the stage where this is fully available to us, 2 years ago we were still a decade away from this and it would probably be a lot easier with apes, but we don't farm them.

Edited by Mattshark

http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Xenograft.html interesting read that

The first cross-species heart transplant was performed in 1964, in which a 68-year-old man received a chimpanzee heart. He survived only two hours. Several other attempts have been made to transplant primate hearts into humans, with no patients surviving more than twenty-one days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/142618.stm

Mr Dobson said the regulation of xenotransplantation would have statutory backing.

He stressed the government's view that Great Apes - chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans - should not be used in any xenotransplant because they were the animals most likely to harbour viruses which could jump the species barrier.

Have you seen how old these articles are? It has been over 10 years and no complete transplant has ever been done.

Why do you think they believe there is more risk of zoonosis with apes? Because they are far closer to us.

Anatomically we're closer to pigs, genetically however, we're closer to apes. Simple as that :tu:

Anatomically we're closer to pigs, genetically however, we're closer to apes. Simple as that :tu:

perhaps we're some sort of experiment by aliens thousands of years ago, could be a mix of all sorts of species

perhaps we're some sort of experiment by aliens thousands of years ago, could be a mix of all sorts of species

hmmm, no.

but, perhaps, it could just be biology and evolution? i think so.

No, in both genetically and anatomically we are closer to apes.

just seen something on telly what sez pigs are smarter than dogs n cats, and thats pretty smart, maybe we really did evolve from pig like creatures