Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

chicks and dudes

MoonBaby

There are those that think that there really is not that much of a difference in the biological composition of men and women, and they are essentially the same. What makes them different is the way they are treated as infants and children. Girls are more likely to be held as soon as they start to cry, was the biggest difference as far as how infants are treated. They said that this may be some instinct bred into human nature to make the boys "toughen up". There was more but I'll have to go through my notes to find it later.

Anyways, what I want to know, is what's ya'lls opinion on why dudes and chicks are different? Do you think it's mainly because of how they are treated or is it mostly because of biological factors?

Kind of off the subject, but, boys you need to get your butts in gear in school. If things keep going the way they are, by 2068 the last male will graduate with his bachelor's degree and there will be no more guys in college. I'm a chick but I personally don't want to see this country ran by a bunch of females. Dear lord I would cry. crying.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoonBaby

• Falco Rex

• Chauncy

• Seahorse

Anyways, what I want to know, is what's ya'lls opinion on why dudes and chicks are different? Do you think it's mainly because of how they are treated or is it mostly because of biological factors?

The first thing that comes to my mind is estrogen.....hormones, hormones, hormones, are the differences between da boyz and da girlz.

Not saying females are slaves to their hormones, they are no more slaves then men are to their hormones.

Hormones, indeed the levels of, stipulate a great deal about a person's personality.

Here's a nifty little article by a female DR. that addresses the issue of hormones.

One stereotyped view of women portrays us all as creatures at the mercy of our hormones. 'Balls (or should it be ovaries?) to that!' I say. Our hormones undoubtedly have a huge influence on our lives, but there is no reason why we have to become slaves to them. The more we understand how hormones can affect the female body, mind and emotions the better able we will be to minimise their negative effects and enhance their positive ones.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womenshealth/fe...res/hormone.htm

Hmmm, yea Id say the main difference between boys an girls, is biological.

And Like Chauncy said, its mainly hormonal differences.

I'm a chick but I personally don't want to see this country ran by a bunch of females. Dear lord I would cry.

Good call Moonbaby. thumbsup.gif

Let's not rule out upbringing either. Moonbaby had a point in her opening post. A girl crying has a problem that needs solving. A boy doing the same needs to learn to deal with it..

Not that every child is raised this way of course, but the general roles of gender haven't changed all that much when you consider how long humans have been around..

The difference between externalizing and internalizing emotions plays a big part on a childs' psyche as they develop..

Let's not rule out upbringing either

There was a documentary we watchd in class on PBS about this subject. On this show there was a couple who tried to raise their boy and their girl (who were about the same age) exactly the same and tried to not push masculine or feminine traits on either child. They would buy new toys for the children and lay them out on the table and let the children choose their own toys. The little girl would always go for the dolls and "girly" toys and the little boy always went for the "boyish" toys. They said that one time their son actually went for a Barbie doll and they were so happy. Then he went outside and started using it like a gun. That made them sad. crying.gif

Also, a study was done with random children that were put in a room together; girls only and boys only. There were both girl toys and boy toy in the room. Almost every girl and boy went for their specific genders toys. The girls were more concerned with working together and role playing, or whatnot. The boys, however, were more rowdy and played "war" and wrestling and more whatnot. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls type thing.

There are huge diferences in the sexes, thank goodness . Mostly, I believe they are physical . Males tend to be bigger and stronger than women in general , they also think on a completely different level . Men tend to be practicle were as woman appear to think emotionally .

Having said that the levels of male and female thinking in any individual alter dramaticly . I for one tend to think with a fairly masculine brain , that's not to say I'm butch . But if it needs building, I can build it . Never was a doll girl , never was a tonka truck girl, but I could spend hours constructing shelter .

Ofcourse when it comes to female leadership , my mother allways said , if woman ran the world, war would be illegal .

It sounds good to me .

Edited by Kismit

I'm a chick but I personally don't want to see this country ran by a bunch of females. Dear lord I would cry. crying.gif

This country is already run by a bunch of females.........they are called...

.........wives! tongue.gif

Kismit posted

I for one tend to think with a fairly masculine brain , that's not to say I'm butch . But if it needs building, I can build it . Never was a doll girl , never was a tonka truck girl, but I could spend hours constructing shelter .

*Grin* good to see someone esle thinks like that... I can't sew etc. But I can cook( most of the best Chefs are male)

and I can see both sides of the arguement when it comes to men and women. tongue.gif

joc Posted on Jun 18 2004, 08:36 AM

This country is already run by a bunch of females.........they are called............wives! 

ROFLMAO at least we see you are under control then joc thumbsup.gif

Edited by Celti

ROFLMAO at least we see you are under control then joc  thumbsup.gif

While it is true that Man is the 'Head of the H ousehold'..........

Woman is The Neck.....

......and the neck turns the head anyway it wants to........ laugh.gif

Edited by joc

there was also a study done on both males and females who were unsure about their sex (felt they were a woman trapped in a male body and vice-versa)

it showed a scan of a (normal) female brain and male brain, and the differences were remarkable. but the (*abnormal* scan) males who felt that they were supposed to be born female, had brain scan very similar to a female brain.

it definitely has a lot to do with hormonal factors, which other than the x or y chromosome, makes us what we are today, be it male or female, and somewhat to a lesser extent is environmental.. (dont know if you remember the story about english parents who werent happy with having a boy child, so they had his penis removed and treated him like a girl, but he still knew something was amiss, and didnt feel like a girl at all)

i dont think its necessarily gender specific the way ppl act, could be natural selection or a mutation in the gene that leads ppl. you could ask the same about the way a dog, cat or even monkey acts.... you get 'butch' females who know the ins and outs of machinery and tools, and then you get males who seem very femine

Chicks rule. But they don't need to rule the world, I need to rule the world and all the chicks can serve me at will. wub.gifdevil.gifwub.gif

Moe is lesbian housewife trapped in a mans body. This we know. We cook, we clean and we change diapers. We go shopping and buy wholesome vegetables Moe makes his kids eat brocolli !! Moe pushes a stroller around the mall !!

Mrs. Moe is currently gone untill next friday. She has gone far far away for temporary active duty. She is groovy. She wears combat boots.

Now Moe is left all alone with 3 kids. but this is only practice for what is in store. Soon Moe will be alone for six months out of every year in 2 month cycles. crying.gifsad.gifhuh.gif

Monkeys I giggle.

biological beaver

Edited by moe eubleck

The Nameless One Posted on Jun 18 2004, 09:16 AM

Chicks rule. But they don't need to rule the world, I need to rule the world and all the chicks can serve me at will.   

Nameless with an attitude like it's a wonder you haven't been slapped a few times... tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

The Nameless One Posted on Jun 18 2004, 09:16 AM

Chicks rule. But they don't need to rule the world, I need to rule the world and all the chicks can serve me at will.    

Nameless with an attitude like it's a wonder you haven't been slapped a few times... tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Only a couple times grin2.gif I deserved it, still do deserve it.

But Im hungry like the cat.gif wait thats a cat I thought that was always a wolf. Anyyo Im hungry got to eat catch ya later gator.

TNO with the mad flow, making rhymes while playing supernintendo, bad boy got to treat ya just like Ice cream, got feel ya till I hear ya scream, Im your dream and your my nightmare, but Im so damn cool that I just don't care. cool.gif

Night celti Night everyone. cool.gif

Chicks rule. But they don't need to rule the world, I need to rule the world and all the chicks can serve me at will. wub.gif  devil.gif  wub.gif

Actually, I need to rule the world, I oficially decided. bounce.gif I won't say what I would do if I ruled cuz I'd probably get in trouble but, I will say we would all be burning English muffins and beating someones dog, and the world would be a happy place where all would giggle and laugh.

I will say we would all be burning English muffins and beating someones dog, and the world would be a happy place where all would giggle and laugh.

You don't like doggies?

crying.gif

I don't mind burning and laughing but I refuse to beat a dog. I may have to take over pre-emptively to prevent such a world from coming to be. All animal abusers will then wear their own intestines around their necks..

..And Falco will giggle and laugh.

Unless you were using slang I'm not familiar with. Then it's cool.. thumbsup.gif

I don't mind burning and laughing but I refuse to beat a dog. I may have to take over pre-emptively to prevent such a world from coming to be. All animal abusers will then wear their own intestines around their necks..

..And Falco will giggle and laugh.

Unless you were using slang I'm not familiar with. Then it's cool.. thumbsup.gif

It is slang. I love puppies and I agree with you. All animal abusers should have their eyeballs popped out of their skulls and be thrown in a room with spiders and lots of creepy crawly things that are disgusting and scary. And after that, they should be hung upside down from the ceiling and have every single nail ripped from their body. And I'm not joking either. I hate people that abuse animals. mad.gif

Edited by MoonBaby

Tigger said

you get 'butch' females who know the ins and outs of machinery and tools, and then you get males who seem very femine

There is a large scale of femine and masculin.

This scale has alot of gray areas. At one end of the scale lets put a man and on the other you have woman.

Now in between these two extremes you have feminine males, butch women, gay men, gay women. You also have gender confusion, where people feel they are a different sex on the inside then on the outside. Hermaphidites would fit in here as well.

It seems that in the womb hormonal activity or the lack there of will render a person anywhere on this scale. I believe this has a lot more to do with nature than nurture.

I'm a chick but I personally don't want to see this country ran by a bunch of females. Dear lord I would cry. 

Why?

No offense to any guys out there, but I feel men have had thier chance at "ruling the world", and personally I think they've made a pretty big mess of things. I'm not saying that women could do any better, but hey, give us a chance, and we might.

This is not a comdemnation, Moonbaby, I'd really like to know.

No offense to any guys out there, but I feel men have had thier chance at "ruling the world", and personally I think they've made a pretty big mess of things. I'm not saying that women could do any better, but hey, give us a chance, and we might.

Well the only woman Prime Minister the UK ever had was the singlemost destructive thing to happen to British politics!

However, it isn't about wether they are male or female, but rather how good a politician they are and that isn't effected by gender even though some people act as if it does.

Why?

This is not a comdemnation, Moonbaby, I'd really like to know.

No offence taken. grin2.gif

I'm not talking about the world, if I said that, I apologize. Those statistics were for the U.S., and that's what I am referring to. I think men have had their fair share also. It's time for there to be a balance in power. I don't think that either gender should be the ruling power. Men are too domineering and women are too emotional. There needs to be emotion mixed in there with "control", and there needs to be logic mixed with emotion. But at the rate we're going, our country is going to be ran by emotion and that is a very scary thought. But... somebody will come along to fix that if it happens, someone always does.

Whats the difference between if men "run" the world or women "run" the world?

I would very much like for both of us to maintain 'our' world.

Lets rid of these divisions, they do nothing but hinder our understanding of everything!!

This world, our future, our past, our endeavers are exactly that................OURS!

There should be no difference of objective in the commonality sense.

I don't think there'd be much difference in the world if women "ran" it, sad to say. Politics itself requires a certain mindset if you're going to be involved in it. It doesn't matter if you're male or female, you'll end up doing the same things..

Look at Hillary Clinton, Margaret Thatcher or Indira Gandhi. You'd be hard-pressed to find a difference between their politics and the traditional "Male" definition of it..