Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New telescope reveals breahtaking nebula

UM-Bot

The European Southern Observatory’s new VISTA telescope has revealed stunning new images of the Orion nebula. The nebula is 1350 light years away from the Earth but because the telescope has a large field of view it is able to take a picture of the whole thing at once.

"You’ve undoubtedly seen the smudge of the Orion Nebula hanging just below his belt thousands of times, but the most beautiful image yet of the celestial body was just released Wednesday."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Wired

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Barnacle Battlefront

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Bbrown88

IDK but looking at these pictures makes me kind of sad...

i know a bunch of people look at pics. like this and see a bunch of random gas but i see god's hand at work

that is absolutely beautiful! just awesome! i dont get sad looking at this, it makes me smile in wonder. :)

My most earnest hope is that in the Afterlife, if there is one, then I want to be a spirit tourist and zap around the Universe for eons before inhabiting another shape in some other world.

IDK but looking at these pictures makes me kind of sad...

Me too. I feel sad that we'll never be able to get any closer than this in my lifetime. It's like looking at a beautiful meadow just beyond a chasm with no way to build a bridge.

Me too. I feel sad that we'll never be able to get any closer than this in my lifetime. It's like looking at a beautiful meadow just beyond a chasm with no way to build a bridge.

if you get too close it will disappear. i mean we cant see the nebula that we live in.

Edited by danielost

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, to have a powerful telescope in my hands. I'd be like a little boy discovering the world all over again.

Breathtaking is certainly the perfect way to describe it :)