Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I know Electrokinesis

Kineto

Does anyone else know electrokinesis? I am pretty good at it and I am just wondering if there is someone else who can share techniques with.

~Kin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kineto

• eqgumby

• Mattshark

• Hamlyn

I know Electrokinesis

I am going to say no you don't, unless you can prove it.

I look forward to your evidence. :)

Here we go again...

*leaves quickly*

Here we go again...

*leaves quickly*

You cant leave the door handle is charged with static.

I hope the OP does not turn out like the rest and does what's needed to prove his abilities, instead of the same old excuses like the rest, or just a youtube vid of him rubbing a balloon and making his hair stand on end, or him dragging his feet across a carpet and then touching someone to give them a static shock....if it is then its going to get ugly :P

You realize, posters, that he asked if there was anyone else he could share techniques with. Anybody is allowed to post in any thread, but I'm beginning to think you just troll threads looking for subjects or statements to make zingers about - that isn't proper discussion and you know it. If you want to present an opposing stance, do so but there's no reason to be unkind.

Well even though his post is only at ... 7, and granted mine isn't all that much higher, you have to admit, coming to a board and making a topic STATING that he can do such a thing is easy pickings. He should more of asked if anyone could assist him with such instead of making such a topic in the first place.

Not to mention also, there is no viable way that he could prove such a thing, true, so a lot of people here will take it with a less than a grain of salt. I for one think that all things are possible, but to come in and say that they are 'pretty good at it' but not themselves offering information or insight on how they even learned such a thing, does leave a lot to be desired.

I am going to say no you don't, unless you can prove it.

I look forward to your evidence. :)

I will be happy to do that once I am better at it (right now i can only charge my hand with electricity, releasing it with visibility is hard)

But right now, since i have no evidence, I do not care what people think about it.

I will be happy to do that once I am better at it (right now i can only charge my hand with electricity, releasing it with visibility is hard)

But right now, since i have no evidence, I do not care what people think about it.

Well why not sign up to the Randi Foundation's challenge, win yourself a million dollars and change the scientific world as we know it?

Well why not sign up to the Randi Foundation's challenge, win yourself a million dollars and change the scientific world as we know it?

Emma go shake his hand if you get electrocuted to a crisp I will believe it, your sacrifice will not be in vain. Well to the OP I look forward to your evidence when you can do more than give me static hair frizzy hair. :tu:

But in all seriousness I really wish you could prove it.

When I get better I may do just that. I've heard of it before, one of my friends have signed up for that before.

I am trying to practice so that in July (1 year of practicing psionics) i can prove it finally, and you bet I will.

~Kineto

i can prove it finally, and you bet I will.

~Kineto

Good luck to you mate.

Emma this is not a old school photo of you is it? :P :P :P

hair_static_electricity.jpg

Edited by chaoszerg

You realize, posters, that he asked if there was anyone else he could share techniques with. Anybody is allowed to post in any thread, but I'm beginning to think you just troll threads looking for subjects or statements to make zingers about - that isn't proper discussion and you know it. If you want to present an opposing stance, do so but there's no reason to be unkind.

We see what your saying I think, but many of us have been here before. He is NOT the first person to casually drop in, and say "Hi all, I have magical powers and I can control electricity with them just like in Dragon Ball Z and make light and energy balls, but I don't have to prove it to anyone, so, like, ya, anyone else have these cool powers?"

Seriously, if you don't mind these forums becoming a playground for this kind of stuff, by all means, allow them all to post willy-nilly and make whatever claims they wish, and restrain any logical counter-thought whatsoever. As a matter of fact, call any body that calls out a psi-kiddie a troll, and make it against forum rules to question any ones claims, regardless of how extraordinary they may be. :tu: See you on psipog.net.

right now i can only charge my hand with electricity

Okay, I'm curious. What does that do? Can you power things by holding a cord in your hand or something?

Good luck to you mate.

Emma this is not a old school photo of you is it? :P :P :P

hair_static_electricity.jpg

Ha ha!! Scary!

When I get better I may do just that. I've heard of it before, one of my friends have signed up for that before.

I am trying to practice so that in July (1 year of practicing psionics) i can prove it finally, and you bet I will.

~Kineto

Well keep us informed as to your progress!

Are you saying you can control the flow of electricity against so it doesn't just take the route of least resistance. To do this you must be on one hell of a high calorie diet to get the energy needed.

Are you saying you can control the flow of electricity against so it doesn't just take the route of least resistance. To do this you must be on one hell of a high calorie diet to get the energy needed.

I heard or read or some-such, that these "super-hero" powers would require amazingly huge amounts of energy if we understand physics correctly.

I mean, in electronics we have components that force electrical energy to go in places it's not naturally inclined to go, some complex, others as simple as wood (yes, wood!).

But to change the physical composition of your body to manipulate electrons and protons and such, would require tons of energy.

To create, manipulate, and contain enough energy to create visible light, would take more energy than you "create".

I heard or read or some-such, that these "super-hero" powers would require amazingly huge amounts of energy if we understand physics correctly.

I mean, in electronics we have components that force electrical energy to go in places it's not naturally inclined to go, some complex, others as simple as wood (yes, wood!).

But to change the physical composition of your body to manipulate electrons and protons and such, would require tons of energy.

To create, manipulate, and contain enough energy to create visible light, would take more energy than you "create".

Yep, to give an idea to produce 1kw per hour of electricity it would require about 1000kcal per hour

Oh that conjures up some unpleasant images!

We see what your saying I think, but many of us have been here before. He is NOT the first person to casually drop in, and say "Hi all, I have magical powers and I can control electricity with them just like in Dragon Ball Z and make light and energy balls, but I don't have to prove it to anyone, so, like, ya, anyone else have these cool powers?"

Seriously, if you don't mind these forums becoming a playground for this kind of stuff, by all means, allow them all to post willy-nilly and make whatever claims they wish, and restrain any logical counter-thought whatsoever. As a matter of fact, call any body that calls out a psi-kiddie a troll, and make it against forum rules to question any ones claims, regardless of how extraordinary they may be. :tu: See you on psipog.net.

I am being legit with my information on my ability.

If you really think that these powers really have to do with fiction, Dragon Ball Z, then you have been misunderstanding this concept. Along with the belief the you have the power to do what you wish with your mind, control energy, will come it to be.

Now listen to me here, I didn't come here to help you believe if these, abilities, I just wondered if anyone here already does believe.

I am being legit with my information on my ability.

If you really think that these powers really have to do with fiction, Dragon Ball Z, then you have been misunderstanding this concept. Along with the belief the you have the power to do what you wish with your mind, control energy, will come it to be.

Now listen to me here, I didn't come here to help you believe if these, abilities, I just wondered if anyone here already does believe.

Most of us don't believe it.

Most of what are usually called "psi-kiddies" get chased away pretty quickly. This is not USUALLY a friendly place for extraordinary claims with no extraordinary proof to back it up, that's all I am saying.

The things you guys usually describe amount to magic.

Okay, I'm curious. What does that do? Can you power things by holding a cord in your hand or something?

I was thinking that if you could use only your hand to power an iPod, or heck, even just an LED, even for a few seconds, it would be pretty compelling.

I figure if people could do that, then someone would have done it in public already, and we'd know about it.

The very best electrokinetics would have Vegas stage shows, and people would pay to get in. Seriously. I mean people knowingly pay to see "fake" magic. They would definitely pay to see the real thing. And it would make a spectacular show, literally dazzling.

That's how I figger it anyway.

That's enough of the aggressiveness. If you are going to discuss, do so in civil manner.

Kineto, around here, bold claims are expected to be backed up. In your case, it would be a relatively simple matter of purchasing a cheap multimeter from your local electronics store and using your abilities to make the voltage fluctuate. Are you capable of doing this?

That's enough of the aggressiveness. If you are going to discuss, do so in civil manner.

Kineto, around here, bold claims are expected to be backed up. In your case, it would be a relatively simple matter of purchasing a cheap multimeter from your local electronics store and using your abilities to make the voltage fluctuate. Are you capable of doing this?

I thought about this also, right down to the phrase "cheap multimeter."

The thing is, you can make the meter bounce around on some settings by squeezing the leads. So I figured lighting up an LED or small incandescent bulb would be incontrovertibly impressive.

I hope what I said doesn't come off as "aggressive." I certainly don't mean it that way.

Added: and an LED is even cheaper than a cheap multimeter.

Edited by Hamlyn

I was thinking that if you could use only your hand to power an iPod, or heck, even just an LED, even for a few seconds, it would be pretty compelling.

I will practice that.