Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I know Electrokinesis

Kineto

I thought about this also, right down to the phrase "cheap multimeter."

The thing is, you can make the meter bounce around on some settings by squeezing the leads. So I figured lighting up an LED or small incandescent bulb would be incontrovertibly impressive.

Yes, but that is the resistance setting. You can't do that with the voltage setting.

I hope what I said doesn't come off as "aggressive." I certainly don't mean it that way.

No, I was referring to the people answering you.

Added: and an LED is even cheaper than a cheap multimeter.

It's also an ancient magician's trick. I wouldn't trust it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kineto

• eqgumby

• Mattshark

• Hamlyn

Yes, but that is the resistance setting. You can't do that with the voltage setting.

No, I was referring to the people answering you.

It's also an ancient magician's trick. I wouldn't trust it.

I didn't know about the magician's trick.

Is there a way to be sure that a similar trick isn't being done to a multimeter?

I like the multimeter idea better, really. It's precise.

Sorry if it seems aggressive too, I'm just calling it like I see it. It does happen here quiet a bit.

But as has been stated, there are several experiments you can do to prove at least to yourself, that you can manipulate electronic/magnetic fields.

I think the best start, is to educate yourself on how this stuff works according to the physics we know now, and understand how you can use what we KNOW to prove what you BELIEVE.

Simply trying to start a thread that states you can do (insert magic here) and can anyone else do it? Mmmm...not overly productive.

Unfortunately I do have to agree with most of the people here, and plus also, if you didn't come here to make people 'believe' in what you can do, then why bother posting at all? You should have known that such a post would be put under heavy bagging and scrutiny, even if you had read most of the posts around here.

I have to agree with aquatus on this, if you want us to take you in ANY form of seriousness, then you will have to provide some proof to back it up.

Unfortunately I do have to agree with most of the people here, and plus also, if you didn't come here to make people 'believe' in what you can do, then why bother posting at all? You should have known that such a post would be put under heavy bagging and scrutiny, even if you had read most of the posts around here.

Like I said, let's tone down the aggressiveness. We were all new here once, and some are still a bit too new to be questioning if a person should be posting at all.

I have to agree with aquatus on this, if you want us to take you in ANY form of seriousness, then you will have to provide some proof to back it up.

Let's not forget (for the benefit of our newer members) that this is not the Spirituality and Skepticism forum; this is the Psychic Abilities forum, and while skepticism is allowed, it is not the default position of the board. On this forum, one can make it clear that the existence of a given power is taken as a given for the sake of discussion.

In other words, in the skepticism forum, Kineto would be surrounded by requests to prove that electrokinesis exists. In this forum, he can only be asked if he personally has the ability of electrokinesis, as the existence of it is assumed (again, solely for the sake of discussion).

Since no one answered the poor guy's question, then make me the first.

I personally don't know anybody who possesses psychokinetic ability in the electron range, but I do know a couple of forums that have people claim they do. There's psionguild, shifted perspectives, (though the person who said this was saying this in jest) psipog.net, and the list goes on. Though to this day I don't know if it was tricks my brain was playing on my eyes or not I used to hold my fingers next to each other during night and saw blue strands move between them constantly.

Like I said, let's tone down the aggressiveness. We were all new here once, and some are still a bit too new to be questioning if a person should be posting at all.

Let's not forget (for the benefit of our newer members) that this is not the Spirituality and Skepticism forum; this is the Psychic Abilities forum, and while skepticism is allowed, it is not the default position of the board. On this forum, one can make it clear that the existence of a given power is taken as a given for the sake of discussion.

In other words, in the skepticism forum, Kineto would be surrounded by requests to prove that electrokinesis exists. In this forum, he can only be asked if he personally has the ability of electrokinesis, as the existence of it is assumed (again, solely for the sake of discussion).

Well instead of furthering such conversation here, I will go ahead and just PM ya aquatus...that way I can get a further idea as to what exactly your saying and letting this particular go back to it's normal kineto v chaoszerg. LOL

Not to butt in, but the top of this Psychic Abilities forum is this:

Forum guidelines

Due to the controversial nature of the topics in this section we ask that members keep the following in mind:

No flaming - Do not insult, mock, attack or harrass other members.

No bashing - Do not use this section to pursue an anti-skeptic or anti-believer agenda.

No false claims - Do not post intentionally false claims of psychokinetic abilities.

Please keep your posts civil and on topic at all times.

Thank you.

The way I read it, this section is for people that ARE "working on", "have" or want to find out more about "real" psychic abilities, not to primarily discuss whether or not they exist. There are other forums for that.

Edited by Paranormalcy

Though to this day I don't know if it was tricks my brain was playing on my eyes or not I used to hold my fingers next to each other during night and saw blue strands move between them constantly.

Same here.

Same here.

If you have the time, check out those places I recommended. Though I personally don't believe in any of it, I still have the memory of being in it. Also not to reign down on you, but try not to say "Electrokinesis". Psions will take you more seriously if you state "Psychokinesis at the subatomic scale". Not sure if they still do, but they consider it "fluff" and people "fluff bunnies" if they use "childish terms" (I am NOT calling you childish for using the term electrokinesis, but I have heard people call them such, notably the famous "Winged_Wolf" who is renowned in psionics).

EDIT

Some small grammar mistakes, ha ha ha.

Edited by issacweirdo

I haver to ask, how much food do you have to eat to do this?

Producing a 1Kw is like using half you recommended daily calorie intake in a day in a very short space of time.

Producing a 1Kw is like using half you recommended daily calorie intake in a day in a very short space of time.

I think the dude was being sarcastic, ha ha ha. You would need to eat approximately 859845.22785899 Calories (1000 calories, there's a difference between little c and big C)PER HOUR (if I'm interpreting this correctly) in order for it to equal 1 Kilowatt. No, you kind of can't eat this in 1 day, ha ha ha. Found the conversion site at http://www.unitconversion.org/power/watts-to-calories-it--per-hour-conversion.html

same same here here

I'm not a moderator, but even I find it annoying to see spammers. Try not to repeat other posts.

i'm currently in the study of Kinesis abilities i have some know-how of Electrokinesis pm me

The way I read it, this section is for people that ARE "working on", "have" or want to find out more about "real" psychic abilities, not to primarily discuss whether or not they exist. There are other forums for that.

That list you posted also had this

No false claims - Do not post intentionally false claims of psychokinetic abilities.

If they keep posting I have x-men type powers then they are false until proven true. Also no this section is not just for those to come play role play you know better than that. And can you please tell me of these REAL psychic abilities then para since this is the place to discuss them.

I agree though sometimes we can come across as harsh so I apologize to anyone I may offend.

That list you posted also had this

And not everyone who posts claims posts intentionally false claims. Some people honestly believe their claims are true.

If they keep posting I have x-men type powers then they are false until proven true. Also no this section is not just for those to come play role play you know better than that.

As has been said before, the Psychic Ability forum is biased toward the believer, the Skepticism forum is biased toward the skeptic (why do you think we have two separate forums?)

For the purposes of discussion in this particular forum, you assume the existence of psychic abilities. You can question a particular person's account, but you do so from a perspective of internal consistency, not from a questioning of the entire subject matter itself.

And can you please tell me of these REAL psychic abilities then para since this is the place to discuss them.

You don't make it sound like a very inviting atmosphere to discuss things, Chaos.

I agree though sometimes we can come across as harsh so I apologize to anyone I may offend.

Try being less an opponent and more a teacher.

Edited by aquatus1

Your brain naturally produces about 240 watts of electricity first of... and that is where I am harnessing it from.

Your brain naturally produces about 240 watts of electricity first of... and that is where I am harnessing it from.

Which is needed for you neurons to send signals and is produced in tiny amounts over the day. So no, you are not and basic neurophysiology will show that. Try again though.

That is unlikely. The brain is not electrical. It is electrochemical. The process of energy exchange is almost mechanical in nature, with K and NA ions being physically shuttled in and out of neurons until there is enough of a differential to spark. That spark is just strong enough to travel the length of the neuron and hit the next one. Indeed, diseases such as Alzheimers, which remove the "insulation" from the neuron, are enough to effectively disperse that tiny amount of energy.

That is unlikely. The brain is not electrical. It is electrochemical. The process of energy exchange is almost mechanical in nature, with K and NA ions being physically shuttled in and out of neurons until there is enough of a differential to spark. That spark is just strong enough to travel the length of the neuron and hit the next one. Indeed, diseases such as Alzheimers, which remove the "insulation" from the neuron, are enough to effectively disperse that tiny amount of energy.

Demyelination! But isn't that more like Multiple Sclerosis?

Demyelination! But isn't that more like Multiple Sclerosis?

Both, just in different regions.

Which is needed for you neurons to send signals and is produced in tiny amounts over the day. So no, you are not and basic neurophysiology will show that. Try again though.

Our brain runs on electricity and thats constantly working, so i guess thats the source...it is the source for controlling everything we do, and i'm sure we can increase the output, with proper training. and you can gather electricity from storms, sockets, lights etc. Thanks for the second try by the way.

Edited by Kineto

Our brain runs on electricity and thats constantly working, so i guess thats the source...it is the source for controlling everything we do, and i'm sure we can increase the output, with proper training. and you can gather electricity from storms, sockets, lights etc. Thanks for the second try by the way.

There is no way to gather electricity that way (in the human body). What device is storing the electricity? You realize the human body has a specific reaction to electricity, right? Is it AC or DC power? How is this electricity discharged?

Too many holes.

Like Matt said, keep trying.

There is no way to gather electricity that way (in the human body). What device is storing the electricity? You realize the human body has a specific reaction to electricity, right? Is it AC or DC power? How is this electricity discharged?

Too many holes.

Like Matt said, keep trying.

Basic mind over matter... Your question, there is no way to gather electricity that way... Yes there is, in psionics there is. Any electrical device store electricity that is usable. Yeah, some electricity it does have a reaction to, correct. Would you be talking about static shock? If you are that is not what im talking about. The energy transfer I am talking about is a little at a time, to your hands, I do not know if it is AC or DC, im sure you can change it using your mind. The electricity is discharged using your mind, mind over matter, it works for me.

Listen, I really dont want to get into a big fight here, I understand there are many many people who dont believe in this and i appreciate it, but since I am a psion it is basically mandatory to believe that you can do this. So why don't we delete this topic and we will go about our day?

~Kineto