Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

Can you do movie clips? Much like halo's LOTR avatars, just a few seconds and not too fast...

381507[/snapback]

I can't make movie clips like halo's unless I have the frame's myself, if you got them for me I could put them together and make you your avatar. I'm not sure how Halo does his maybe if you ask him he'll clue you in.

Sorry I can't be more help

Good question,

to be honest I don't have the answer, I would presume if you have some sort of movie-maker on your computer, or if you are able to play movies and save the screenshots as images then you can do it. Ask halo how his are done maybe he knows, I don't know if he makes them himself or just downloads them.

What is it that you're after?

Blinking tutorial

As animations go making them blink is one of the simplest to do and a good one to start off with. For this example I'm using an avatar briefly used by Janiel from the film "The Grudge".

Step 1

First I took the normal image that Janiel already had as his avatar and saved it to my computer as '01'...[see Fig.1]

Fig.1

user posted image

Step 2

Next you have to find a colour suitable for an eyelid, usually this is a few shades darker than the charaters skin colour but in this case its all black, then we colour in half the eye, [see Fig.2] and save the image as '02'.

Fig.2

user posted image

Step 3

Same as Step 2, just fill in the whole eye [see Fig.3]

Fig.3

user posted image

Step 4

Now you just stick them all in your animator, remember that you'll need 4 frames, Fig.2 is needed twice, once for the eyelid going down, then once for it going up again. Make the timing as quick as possible for the blinking, with a nice long time for the first frame with the eye open, at least a few seconds.

In my example I've made it blink once, then a pause, then twice, but any combination of blinks is avaliable to you depending on how large a file you want your animation to be.

When your done it should look like this...

user posted image

I am thinking that with the following pic...maybe you could make acid saliva drip from the alien's mouth;and the pred's eyes can be red,and flash rapidly;and on the middle of the face of the alien,the 3 red dots(signature of predator)can flash on and off rapidly evey time the red flashes on the eyes of predator.So,whenever the preds eyes' flash red,the 3 dots can show up on the face of the alien grin2.gif It would be cool if you could do this stuff for me thumbsup.gif

The first is the pic i want done for my avatar,and the second is of the predator's target,3 red dots...

381455[/snapback]

Are you guys able to do mine? original.gif ^

i'm confused, do you want th animation done to your current avatar, or to the really dark picture that's really hard to see?

i would if i could, but i dont have Ulead... i think you can do that with Ulead

i wish... if it was i would have dnld'd it by now.... Jeremy Rumbolt tried to send it to me thru MSN, and i got an error report, and the file transfer stopped... so, i dont think i'm gonna get it....

i'm confused, do you want th animation done to your current avatar, or to the really dark picture that's really hard to see?

383999[/snapback]

In this one...

post-10180-1102117680.jpg

Whao...where do we download Ulead? Barman, there are a lot of requests and maybe some of us can help grin2.gif .

Could someone do something cool with mine?

What do you want specifically to happen? Or maybe you have another pic in mind?

Could someone do something cool with mine?

385174[/snapback]

Sure, im working on it now.

Edit: Done. Im proud of it tongue.gif

Put Avatar made by Jeremy Rumbolt in your sig

Edited by jeremy_rumbolt

hmm i was wondering if anyone here can make my avatar move and stuff, you know make it a bit interesting.

Thanks

Hi, could it be possible to do something with my avator please? Maybe make the flames on the background move or something like that

I have a challenge for you guys!

UA made my awesome matching sig/avatar with animated flame. Now the question is, can the signature and avatar be edited, while keeping the animation?

What i'd like, is a little christmas hat on my dude, maybe with the top of the hat falling forward back into the frame infront of his face, if ya know what i mean.

Any attempts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!