Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

did you forget to use that optimize thing in Ulead?

492651[/snapback]

I've never used that, don't really understand it ohmy.gif

When I click on it however it has a warning exclamation mark that says "Compressed size is larger than original size"...

...doesn't sound good to me lol!

There are still lots of Ulead functions I haven't got to grips with yet, one day I'll have a proper root around thumbsup.gif

oh... that happens to me sometimes... but most of the time it just compresses the file, and the quality of it doesn't seem to change at all.

Same with me laugh.gif . But when I click on the tab 'Optimize', an error occures that requires me to shut down the program UNSAVED, every animators nightmare laugh.gif

hmm... i wonder why it works fine for me... i just optimized an animation today, and it cut it's file size in half! i've optimized all of my animations, with what appears to be no ill-effects.

Edited by Jesus_Freak

Sometimes the optomize tab lets me do stuff, but I don't completely understand it hmm.gif .....soOoOo, yeah. I only used 'Edit' and 'Preview" grin2.gif

I would love a flashier avatar... I like mine, made it myself, but it doesn't have much "pop"...

Would love some help...

Thanks...

LBD

~peace

did this real quick for ya LBD... hope ya like it...

oh, and a question for the other Uleaders... is there a way when tweening with a black background to not make the background fade also? (like in this animation)

post-7996-1108867557.gif

Edited by Jesus_Freak

did this real quick for ya LBD... hope ya like it...

oh, and a question for the other Uleaders... is there a way when tweening with a black background to not make the background fade also? (like in this animation)

493921[/snapback]

I didn't understand the question much blink.gif , but your animation for LBD is stunning w00t.gif !!!

nothing too big.... i just did what Barman did with "Bobby"... just erase a little bit each frame, and then reverse the frames

Edited by Jesus_Freak

hey, (request), id like somesort of military scene, (preferably Iraq/urban setting), with U.S. soldiers walking down a street and then, a sniper pops up from a roof and fires and kills one, they hide, the end

thumbsup.gif

CPA, there's tons of ways to do that... do you want it cartoony, or with smily faces, or actual pictures, and is it avatar size, or signature size, or.... ya know what i mean?

maybe you could give us a little more detail.

A question for the other Uleaders... is there a way when tweening with a black background to not make the background fade also? (like in this animation)

493921[/snapback]

Nice work JF, and in answer to your question yes there is. The problem is Ulead blends the two frames together by fading one out and the other in, however where the two meet this allows the white background to show through.

All you do is change the colour of the background. To do this create an all black image and insert it into the animation. On the right hand side of the screen Ulead lists all the different images you have in the order they are stacked (Object organiser), this means one frame can have two images in it, the images higher up the list will appear at the top.

When you select a frame along the bottom, the images on the right with a blue 'eye' visable next to them are the images you can see in that frame [see fig.01] . Insert your all black image then delete its frame, the image will still be visable on the right but wont actually appear in your animation.

Fig.01

user posted image

Find the image on the right and drag it down to the bottom, then for each frame that is "Tweened" select the blue 'eye' and it will appear in the background, thereby blocking out the white that was there before. [see fig.02] Note that you'll need to delete the already tweened frames and tween it again for it to work, once you save your animation Ulead combines all the images together.

Fig.02

user posted image

Hope this helps, hopefully I'll have time to do it myself later and you can then open it up with Ulead and see for yourself...

Edit: I did it, although I think if you download my version Ulead combines all unecessary objects so you wont be able to see what I've done so I suggest trying to replicate it yourself. I also used Uleads Edit/resize image function to get it down to avatar size rather than having UM do it, reducing the file size as well.

post-4461-1108991269.gif

Edited by thebarman

CPA, there's tons of ways to do that... do you want it cartoony, or with smily faces, or actual pictures, and is it avatar size, or signature size, or.... ya know what i mean?

maybe you could give us a little more detail.

494953[/snapback]

avatar or signature, whichever one looks better, and more "Smiliesque"(if any1 else uses tht word, i will kill them)

hey, (request), id like somesort of military scene, (preferably Iraq/urban setting), with U.S. soldiers walking down a street and then, a sniper pops up from a roof and fires and kills one, they hide, the end

avatar or signature, whichever one looks better, and more "Smiliesque"(if any1 else uses tht word, i will kill them)

495436[/snapback]

I'll have a go at that...

yeah, i'll try something too...

well...it's been about an hour, and i just finished drawing my first frame... and so far it's looking pretty good... i drew everything by mouse.

... and finally a few hours later... here ya go CPA

post-7996-1109031552.gif

Edited by Jesus_Freak

yeah, i'll try something too...

well...it's been about an hour, and i just finished drawing my first frame... and so far it's looking pretty good... i drew everything by mouse.

... and finally a few hours later... here ya go CPA

495753[/snapback]

thx, its awsome, its always better when someone spends more thean 15 minuets on it

not a problem CPA... glad you like it!

and is it just me, or does that trashcan that i drew look like the ones in the old sega/super nintendo game "street fighter"? the level where you're on the dock fighting Ken... haha... just thought they looked similar

Edited by Jesus_Freak

Wow, nice work Jesus Freak, I'm glad you did a signature because I did an avatar, I do enjoy creating an avatar from scratch it makes a change to just animating someone elses design.

Hope it's OK...

post-4461-1109071466.gif

Edited by thebarman

very nice Barman! i like it! i like the expression on the soldiers face on the left after his bud gets shot. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Jesus_Freak

Hey, I was er, wondering, if y'all could do something with my avatar? Make it look like they're walking, maybe add a wink or two. Please? I'll be good. yes.gif

post-672-1109095744.jpg

Wow, nice work Jesus Freak, I'm glad you did a signature because I did an avatar, I do enjoy creating an avatar from scratch it makes a change to just animating someone elses design.

Hope it's OK...

496562[/snapback]

thanks barman, it look great with the sig

hehe, I am awed laugh.gif .

Those avators and sigs made from scratch blink.gif ...and I can't do an animation like that grin2.gif ....very talented you two thumbsup.gif

thanks Hailo... you could if you tried I'm sure.

and Snuffy, i could make 'em wink... but the walking might be tough... perhaps another animator can make them look as if they are walking. thumbsup.gif