Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

is this more what you had in mind dot?

[attachmentid=17730]

Johnny, since you have photoshop, you dont have to loose color, by saving images as a GIF!

I know i know, sounds crazy laugh.gif ... but seriously, open the pic in photoshop, do what editing you need, then click file>save as> then in the file format drop down menu, select 'compuserve GIF' then name it and save, you may opt to have transparency or not, and to keep exact colors. (dont worry about flattening the layers when saving a gif in photoshop, the layers come back when saving is complete)

post-2070-1124073633_thumb.jpg

user posted image

That is awesome UA! Exactly what I had in mind! Thank you both very much!

UA would it be too much trouble to ask one more frame to be added with the text "Dot"?

any particular place you want the frame?

and would you like it to flash as quickly as the current text?

What ever looks best in terms of placement ...probably after PSO so it would appear to be saying PSO Dot and yes flash as quickly as the current text.

Thank you. original.gif

no problem, i shall now add yours as my 104th avatar done so far grin2.gif

i take entirely too much joy in this geek.gif

You can get paid money doing Computer Graphics for Video Games, Movies, or even TV Shows. Your just building skill original.gif

hey, could anyone make a spider avatar for me? hmm.gif it would be greatly appreciated...

784380[/snapback]

Spiders are hard to animate, i tried a couple but with no impressive results.

So i looked for some spider animations online, i found a few, but this one stuck out

[attachmentid=17711]

*i also found a matching animation for a sig, its small enough to use original.gif

[attachmentid=17710]

(yes i know this is the avatar thread unsure.gif , but it matched cool.gif )

tiddlyjen, thats a very good animation, i see youve done a few, would you like your name to appear on the 'new animators' list in the first post?

789234[/snapback]

thanks UA, this will do just fine, sorry i made it hard... hmm.gif

p.s.: how do i get the image onto my sig?

Edited by SpiderOfDoom

i feel like an idiot... I trimmed down her original images in MS Paint...

791160[/snapback]

Don't be hard on yourself JBC, you had the right idea from the start. thumbsup.gif UA has been doing this for a long time that is why he is able to deliver a more finished looking avatar. Again my thanks to you both grin2.gif

Woo hoo, check out the new sig, man this took me ages...

Crap, I'd better do some work my boss is gonna kill me ohmy.gif

Can anyone help with this image...

user posted image

It's a kangaroo so I suppose it should jump about wink2.gif . I've tried to have a go but I'm useless!!!

Cheers

p.s.: how do i get the image onto my sig?

use an online photo storage site, like photobucket, or imageshack. all you need to do is upload an image at either site, they will provide the url to use with the IMG code in your sig

*i think i'll let someone else try kimiko's, ive been taking all the action lately

*i think i'll let someone else try kimiko's, ive been taking all the action lately

791435[/snapback]

Aw, go on....pleeeeeze notworthy.gif

Kimiko

Hey replacement, wanna give this a go for another member?

Make the bike jump a hill, ive tried a few times with nothing good to speak of from it

[attachmentid=17533]

780582[/snapback]

Here it is, only took me 5 mins wink2.gif

I hope it's okay.

post-21505-1124175314.gif

Kimi, did you want the Kangaroo animated just as an avatar or just plain animated?Ive just animated it for now, let me know if you actually want it for an avvie!

*huggles* Jen xxx

user posted image

grin2.gif lol he's so funny!

edit: Tankies go to the barman for fixing his wobble! thumbsup.gif

Edited by tiddlyjen

Nice work tiddlyjen thumbsup.gif

...but why does it wobble? I can get rid of that if you like?

Uhhmm, hi, kinda weird request here, nothing nasty or anything, just not traditional, I think.

Could you make a wombat by a stove, making pancakes, flipping them over its head on to a large plate on a table where another wombat and a meerkat are feasting on pancakes original.gif

I don't even know what a wombat looks like blink.gif

Find a pic of wombats flipping pancakes, and I'll animate it, how's that? thumbsup.gif

You dont know what a wombat is, hmmm, it is only the coolest animal in the world, nessie and mothman included original.gif

Im fairly sure there isnt any picture of a wombat flipping pancakes, not really their kind of thing unfortunately wink2.gif

Here is the best wombat site there is, see if you find some inspiration here grin2.gif

http://www.wombadilliac.com.au/

Kimi, did you want the Kangaroo animated just as an avatar or just plain animated?Ive just animated it for now, let me know if you actually want it for an avvie!

*huggles* Jen xxx

user posted image

grin2.gif lol he's so funny!

792992[/snapback]

Hi Jen,

I wanted the kangaroo just plain animated....you've made my day (easily pleased, I know!! wink2.gif)

thank you so much for taking the time to sort me out, it's brill!!!

Kimiko xx

Pannkakskungen,

what you're looking for isn't impossible, and I don't speak for every animator when I say this but without a pic to go on I don't think I can do it, I can draw basic (and I mean basic) cartoon characters, or animate some complicated ones but I simply don't have the means to draw something like that.

I apologise, maybe another animator can help sad.gif

no worries kimi!

Feel free to modify barman! i thought i had fixed it to be right honest with you..dont know why it didnt do it when i posted here! And the little black dots near the hand are annoying me!! wacko.gif

ooh i accept the challenge! geek.gif

edit: considering our school got into the Grand Final grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif For our Rock Eisteddfod i thought I'd get into the spirit of things and create an avatar to go with our theme grin2.gif

Edited by tiddlyjen

Hi all,

I had my avie done by UA when I first joined and am ready for a slight change. As I'm still totally useless with computers would someone be able to try a few things.

Either her hair blowing as though there's a strong wind or the clouds lighting up like when there's lightning going off in it.

Or anything else that you think would work.

Thanking you in advance, Tia

New piccy..... user posted image

Edited by Tia