Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

hi :-) I'm kinda new around here and I was wondering if someone could put "wabbit" on my avatar in the white space behind the jumping wabbit.. I know there isn't a lot of space and that I might be asking for a lot but seeing the work that you guys/gals are doing, I thought maybe someone would be up to this challenge... :-)

Thanks!

[attachmentid=18464]

post-22863-1126113624.gif

Edited by wabbit

Sure, that's easy...

However, getting the text actually behind the wabbit when it jumps is harder and will have to wait if that's what you wanted. Let me know if you want a different font/size/colour or whatever thumbsup.gif

post-4461-1126114784.gif

Edited by thebarman

Ok it would be awesome if you could make my dog hold his tongue out like a second longer and then while he is holding it out have his eyebrows go up and down

-Thank You

to you johnnyboy, I made it about 5 pixels smaller, but it helped greatly.. here ya go man.. got it to 30. somethin kb..

user posted image

Thanks for the avi.

np dude thumbsup.gif

Cook, here's a sig if ya wanna use it too grin2.gif

user posted image

Edited by Venledar

thanks dude it's awesome

-Thank you

ohmy.gif if you still wanna animate it some more for me

can you make the ears wiggle?? grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

I wasnt trying to sound scary or anything i'd just appreciate if other animators didnt step on my feet so to say and just go yeah i think ill animate this even though its already being done lol

what sort of wiggle do you want? lol

I would please like a up and down wiggle thank you

and thank you again rofl.gif

Sure, that's easy...

However, getting the text actually behind the wabbit when it jumps is harder and will have to wait if that's what you wanted. Let me know if you want a different font/size/colour or whatever  thumbsup.gif

831817[/snapback]

Hi Barman... thanks! That's pretty cool thumbsup.gif but I would really like it to be in the background if you don't mind. (I'm very patient, so I don't mind if it takes a while) ... I don't mind whatever font or colour you chose, the ones used in that pic is perfect actually.

I've been reading these pages for a few days now and I'm really amazed and envious at the talent you guys/gals have... I wish I could create such wonderful animations. Are there any free programs I could download to learn how to do such things?

wellll... if you go to the very beginning of this thread, you will see that you can download Ulead GIF animator for free, It's a very simple frame-by-frame animator to get you started..

And to you my dear tiddly, I'm not trying to take your glory, i'm just trying to get the requests in as fast as possible, thats all. When I see something needs to be done, I just, well, do it.

Edited by Venledar

I know and thats a good thing, keeping people happy and all that jazz, but i doubt it very much if someone that you had animated for requested a little tweak and someone else did it youd be jumping around with glee

No more of this fuzzness now, its all over and done and we've said what we wanted to say *hugs*

friends ? blush.gif

tongue.gif

*hugs*

but just for the record, if you look at turtle's request, Barman made a slight modification with the color to the one I made for him, I... didn't... mind.?

but here is the wabbit one, I hope whoever started this doesn't get offened by me finishing it...

user posted image

After reading the past few posts, i'd like to offer my opinion as a mod.

I know that getting to an avatar request as quickly as possible is important. And i know that each avatar is a work of art credited to its creator, which is also important.

So some guidelines to editing others work:

-Altering time per frame is not a very big deal, at a request it should be done fairly quickly. We all have animating software, so its pretty much a default action as to who gets to it, it should not matter.

-Altering color at a request is not very difficult, nor an offense to its creator. However, it is original art, therefore at least a day should pass before action is taken by another animator, if the original animator is not available. (unless specified by the animator that his/her work should not be altered other than by his/her self)

-Adding to an animation should be done in colaboration with the original animator, should there be an effect or action that the original animator cannot preform. Any other additions should be done by the original animator unless that animator is and has been absent (from the forum or just from animating) for an extended period of time.

-Any other editing of an animation that is possible should be addressed with the original artist before preforming and posting the avatar.

but here is the wabbit one, I hope whoever started this doesn't get offened by me finishing it...

user posted image

832616[/snapback]

Thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

I got more requests, if possible..

[attachmentid=18479][attachmentid=18480][attachmentid=18481][attachmentid=18482][attachmentid=18483]

Any way to make those pics wink or blink or wave their tail or something funny (especially that last one... it's my own dog hehe)? Sorry, I know it's a lot of pics huh.gif and no problem if it can't be done.. no rush if it can.. Thanks cool.gif

post-22863-1126155858_thumb.jpg

post-22863-1126155908_thumb.jpg

post-22863-1126155931_thumb.jpg

post-22863-1126156025_thumb.jpg

post-22863-1126156211_thumb.jpg

Edited by wabbit

That's a good idea UA, I did wonder whether I was overstepping the mark colouring in that turtle avatar, probably should have asked first.

I'm going to link your post to the first post so the "Animating Etiquette" will be available for everyone to read.

Also Venledar, it's Microsoft Gif Animator that is a free download, for Ulead you have to ask one of us nicely tongue.gif

...but well done with the wabbit avatar, and I don't mind you finishing it at all. If I'd animated the wabbit jumping from the start I'd be annoyed but that came ready made it was just adding text, so it's all good.

Besides, technically you didn't take my work at all you started from scratch so it's fine, I didn't have time last night after doing Nxt2Hvn's avvie to cut the wabbit out the background so I just added the text thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman

Well I think you BOTH did a wonderful job, and a great example of what can be accomplished by working togeather.

I have had many positive compliments on the Av.

Take a bow! thumbsup.gif

Also Venledar, it's Microsoft Gif Animator that is a free download, for Ulead you have to ask one of us nicely  tongue.gif

832913[/snapback]

I have downloaded both Ulead and Microsoft Gif Animator, but for the Life of me, can't figure out how to work them... huh.gif lol mind you, I've only looked at each of them very briefly... (I found Ulead on IMesh devil.gif .. not sure it's the correct version)

I'll give it a go sometimes soon.. I really would love to learn who to do cool animations thumbsup.gif