Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

I gave it a shot Lila, here it is:

user posted image

I was bored so I also did ur sig.. I know it's 211kb, but Just for the heck of it, here it is:

user posted image

hope ya like grin2.gif

803771[/snapback]

Ohhhh.....I like it.......a LOT!!! many many thankies!! thumbsup.gif

it would be in the filters, as a default it only comes with one flare (the one used in the avatar) i have about 40, i'll go ahed and PM you with them attached

That would be Great,

Oh, and Ijust realized when typing this that you had already sent them.. thanks grin2.gif

i know this should probably go in the sig thread, but i managed to compress your sig so its usable original.gif

[attachmentid=18007]

thumbsup.gif enjoy

*no problem Venledar original.gif

post-2070-1124737831_thumb.jpg

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

Alright UA, I got ur folder, and put it in the plug-ins folder, and even extracted it in the folder, and I am just lost. Are they scattered throughout the filter categories? or are they supposed to be their own category?

it should be in 'filters' (they dont get a category, you have to locate them through knoll light factory)

here's a screen pic, once you open it, click flare style and then click load. find the file i sent you (unzipped) and the other flares are in there. select any one to view it (and use it) in knoll.

ive added screen pics to show you step by step the process of getting to the additional flares.

[attachmentid=18018]

[attachmentid=18020]

[attachmentid=18021]

[attachmentid=18019]

post-2070-1124771349_thumb.jpg

post-2070-1124771558_thumb.jpg

post-2070-1124771572_thumb.jpg

post-2070-1124771583_thumb.jpg

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

As requested by JohnnyBoyC;

Flame animating tutorial as used in Faeden's avatar

OK, first up, here's Faeden:

user posted image

Step one: Save the image as "01"

Step two: We need to animate the flame, it's a candle so a slight flicker is best. To acheive this effect simply cut out part of the flame and move it to the right, like this:

Fig.1

user posted image

Now save as "02".

Step three: Repeat this process, except this time take image 01 and move the flame to the left, then repeat again and move the flame upwards.

Now you should have four frames, each with a slightly different flame, stick them in your animator, and they should look like this:

Fig.2

user posted image

I had to do a bit of jiggling with the frames to get it to look right, so play around with the order till it looks natural. For this animation I used a timing of 0.2 seconds per frame.

Step four: Now we need to add the shadows. You can do this with pretty much any program you like just find the "Brightness" or "Contrast" option, I used Microsoft Picture Editor. Take each frame and add a little bit of brightness or take it away, leave one the same, then your frames will look a little bit like this:

Fig.3

user posted image

Step five: Stick them all together, play around with the order, duplicate some frames if necessary and it might look something like this:

Fig.4

user posted image

...and that's that!

Alright UA, this is what I did. Once you sent me the knoll light factory file, I put them in this directory:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Plug-Ins

So the actual file was like this:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Plug-Ins\Knoll Custom Flares

As shown here:

user posted image

and it STILL isn't showing up in the filters:

user posted image

wrong directory maybe? unsure.gif

looks to me like you dont have the actual knoll light factory in your plugins folder, if you do it should at least show up in the filters directly underneath 'Digimark'

i'll see if i cant send mine to you

Someone can do Faedens if they like, it's already half done.

He needs this:

user posted image

...but without the word "Evil", I've done the flame animating but the sparks need adding and also the name "Faeden" written up the side in "Old English" text,

user posted image

anyone up for it?

can someone make a white spiral behind the cow in my avatar? so that it looks like it's traveling to another dimension?

Its pretty fun installing new fonts grin2.gif

If the flame is flickering a little oddly, tell me...

post-9120-1124897542_thumb.jpg

post-9120-1124897552_thumb.jpg

post-9120-1124897561_thumb.jpg

Edited by _hAiLO_

I think he wants the sparks, and Faeden in Old English across the head? Please correct if that is wrong, Don't wanna give it a shot and come out with something wrong hmm.gif

The lettering looks fine to me, only the sparks to be added.

Just PM Faeden and ask him if he likes it if you're worried how it looks thumbsup.gif

You guys rock, thanks for doing that, I think they are all great.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

can someone make a white spiral behind the cow in my avatar? so that it looks like it's traveling to another dimension?

806720[/snapback]

Couldn't make a spiral but check this out Pyro, see if you like ja? original.gif

user posted image

I did manage to make a spiral but I screwed it up by accident and it went all wobbly, I'll have another crack at it later in the day thumbsup.gif

Edit: I'm just doing it now, hopefully it'll look something like this...but animated...

post-4461-1124971731_thumb.jpg

Edited by thebarman

Whey hey! Did it, damn that was harder than it looked!

user posted image

Hope it's ok pyro...

Edited by thebarman

Did you use photoshop to do that? If so, how to you rotate a backround and not the foreround?

No I don't have photoshop, I don't beleive in all these flashy programs.... huh.gif

Actually that's a lie, lol, it's just my computer is too slow to run in properly mad.gif

Anyway, first, I found a pic of a spiral using google, which wasn't hard. Then I used Microsoft Picture Editor to rotate the pic round, creating one frame for every 45 degrees, 8 frames in total.

Then I stuck them in Ulead gif animator and cropped each pic to avatar size, 115 x 115 pixels, then I stuck the cow on top, easy peasy thumbsup.gif

I can write a tutorial on it, with pictures if that's easier?

Yah original.gif w00t that would be awesome

As requested by StalingradK,

Spiral animation tutorial as used in Pyro Pheenix's Avatar

Step 1

Find a picture of a spiral, I used google and found this one...

user posted image

Step 2

Next, I used Microsoft Picture Editor to rotate the spiral by 45 degrees, but any decent program will do it. As a circle is 360 degrees, I rotated the spiral by 45 degrees 8 times (360 divided by 45 = 8) to make 8 frames, they looked something like this:

user posted image

Step 3

Once I had my eight frames I stuck them in Ulead Gif Animator and then changed the canvas size to 115 x 115 pixels...

user posted image

Then it's a case of going through the frames and centering them so it doesn't wobble, you do this by simply dragging and dropping each frame and previewing it to check it out. Maybe there's an easy way of doing this but I didnt find it blink.gif

Step 4

Once you've centred each frame, it should look like this:

user posted image

Step 5

Now it needs the cow:

user posted image

Stick it in Ulead, then use the "Rubber" tool to erase the black round the outside:

user posted image

Step 6

Make sure the Cow image can be seen in all frames by clicking the "Eye" symbol on the right for each frame. When that's done it should look like this:

user posted image

....and there you have it thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman