Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Talking away burns/warts

dpr0105

Once while I was spending time with my grandmother she told me that she could talk warts off of people. After this I was curious to see it in action. So I told one of my cousins about it and asked her if she had ever seen her do it. My cousin replied no but told me she had a wart on her finger and would give grandma a shot to see if it really worked or not. So we both went over to my grandmothers house and told her about it. Upon seeing the wart she immediately put her hand on it and started mumbling stuff under her breath in a really low tone of voice. After about 30 minutes to an hour she stopped and said that it was done. The wart was still there. After about a week, the wart had completely vanished. I'm just wondering if anyone has any stories or insights to people doing things like this. Also, I have heard of people being able to talk the fire/burn out of someone. Say you have a really bad sunburn. They do something to the same affect and talk it away making your sunburn not hurt anymore. Supposedly it works with any type of burn. I've never actually seen anyone do this but i'm curious to see if others have heard of people like this. Thank you.

please find out peeps i want to know how to do this ihave a very annoying wart that wont go no matter what i do or what i put on it ive even cut it away and ive frozen it and used all the meds for it and it wont go and i will try anything as it hurts and is unsightly so please help this guy and give us a guide pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeeeee thank you

• 6 months later...

Once while I was spending time with my grandmother she told me that she could talk warts off of people. After this I was curious to see it in action. So I told one of my cousins about it and asked her if she had ever seen her do it. My cousin replied no but told me she had a wart on her finger and would give grandma a shot to see if it really worked or not. So we both went over to my grandmothers house and told her about it. Upon seeing the wart she immediately put her hand on it and started mumbling stuff under her breath in a really low tone of voice. After about 30 minutes to an hour she stopped and said that it was done. The wart was still there. After about a week, the wart had completely vanished. I'm just wondering if anyone has any stories or insights to people doing things like this. Also, I have heard of people being able to talk the fire/burn out of someone. Say you have a really bad sunburn. They do something to the same affect and talk it away making your sunburn not hurt anymore. Supposedly it works with any type of burn. I've never actually seen anyone do this but i'm curious to see if others have heard of people like this. Thank you.

I HAD WARTS TALK OFF BY A 90 YEAR OLD MAN WHEN I WAS 13. HE DID THE SAME THING,MUMBLE FOR ABOUT 20 MIN. AND ABOUT A WEEK LATER THEY WERE GONE. I HEARD THAT PEOPLE WHO CAN DO THAT CAN ONLY PASS IT ALONG TO ONE OTHER PERSON

My wife does it too. It was passed doen from her moms family. She too was told to pass it to only one person and i think she said only to another female.The mumble is actually some words,,they mumble it under their breath so no one else understands whet the words are. I think it comes from Native american roots because that is very much like we still do today.We call the words a song but its not always done with a cerain toon really you can just say the words.The words of coarse are diffrent for diffrent things you are doing.

Had 2 aunts, on my dad's side that could, and some on mom's side also. I always thought it was odd, til it was done to me twice, and after that I ceased being a skeptic, of about everything.

There are now actual scientific studies going on about the effectiviness of treating warts via hypnosis treatment. While hypnosis is ineffective for a wide range of things, they are now finding that for some reason or another it has a high success rate for wart removal.

• Like 1

Yes Puri, it seems like they are finding more and more things in science that proves right many things that were before thought to be old wives tails and such. Most all old cultures, the bible included,had taboo's to do with women on their period.Today science does not put much into that sort of thing that im aware of yet.But i know if two women with their periods on diffrent weeks of the month move into the same house together for long enough,,their periods will start on the same week.That pretty much proves much of what the old taboo's were true. I was told by an elder native american man that in the old days heart problems were almost unheard of. He said that not following the rules about contact with women on their period is what causes heart problems.In our culture a woman on her time was not thought of as unclean like other cultures, but rather a woman on her time was to powerfull, and that it would confuse the emotional,,for want of a better word, in men. Men are thought to be weaker in certain areas than women in that regard.Also in the past,most women healers were older women that were past there cycle,,again because of the same reason,,they would not as likely unintentionally cause harm.

Grandma lied to you.

You do realize the wart was basically going to come off in a week anyways, right?

As of right now, we can just Will something away instantly. However, we can see the placebo effect in place here.

Mulder

I will disagree in tha the wart would come off in a week, some people have had warts that have stayed on their hands for months on a time. I am not saying it is magic rather there is a strong mental more so than physical treatment to curing warts (besides freezing off) which means they use hypnosis. There have been reports of people with the same specific warts on their hands, feet ect for months sometimes even years and through hypnosis treatment have gotten rid of them within 2 weeks. Again it is important to note that some of these had been there a long time. I do agree that the placebo effect is in place, also adding that the placebo effect not just in medicine but outside works anywhere and everywhere how much it is effecting is the question.

The placebo effect could well be in place here, but still, if it worked it worked.

I see no danger at all in talking away a wart like this.

Medival people used to belive something very similar to Quantum Mechanics (Entanglement) could be used to get rid of warts. Essentially you take something alive, kill it, rub its blood onto the wart and bury the animal in the garden. As the animal rots and decays its supposed to make the wart rot and decay.

I might recommend placing an ice cube on the wart for a few minutes. The cold kills the virus.

• 2 months later...

Try a planters wart in the middle of your foot, you want to talk about PAIN!!! I've never heard of such a thing but I sure would try it if I had the opportunity!!! This thing HURTS!!!!

My son had a wart on his toe that was unsightly and it hurt. He'd had it for years.I read somewhere to use apple cider vinegar on it to get rid of it. He used it for about a week and it came off. Then after a month it grew back! He also tried taping with duct tape, and taping a penny onto it. He tried cutting it off, burning it off with a match (stupid boy!), and rubbing it off with sand paper! It always grew back. In the end he used a product from the shop which covered the wart completely. Within one week it was gone, and its stayed gone now for 2 months.

My daughter had warts on her hand, and when she got very ill with scarlet fever, all the skin on her hands and feet peeled off...taking the warts with them. After several months when the skin grew back and was healthy and vibrant, only a few warts came back with her new skin, not all of them though. I haven't tried the apple cider vinegar on them, as it would be really disappointing for her if it didnt work. I wouldn't advise scarlet fever for wart removal tho!

Would like to try talking to it in order to get rid of it...anyone know more info about this, I'm all for alternative therapies and meds!

My father had warts on his hands as a child, and his mother (my granny who's still alive, no nonsense and a bit scary!) charmed them off by taking one small stone for each wart to the crossroads late at night. Within a week they'd just crumbled off and left him wart free permanently.

My wife can't talk away warts, but she can nag the hind leg off a donkey! Any use to anybody?

s3213.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is very interesting that someone can talk away a wart. I had several warts on my hand. Tried to have the doctor freeze them off, every over the counter medication then tried applecider vinegar, filing them down, cuting them off with razor blade. Still nothing. I read about garlic so, I cut a thin slice of a garlic bulb and taped the garlic to the wart with ductape before going to sleep. It burned after a few hours and had to remove it so I could get some sleep. In 1 week the warts are gone. If they return I will do this again. A 20 min talk with the wart would have been easier but the garlic is my healer : )

please find out peeps i want to know how to do this ihave a very annoying wart that wont go no matter what i do or what i put on it ive even cut it away and ive frozen it and used all the meds for it and it wont go and i will try anything as it hurts and is unsightly so please help this guy and give us a guide pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeeeee thank you

maybe this will be useful for you. i have heard that if you cover your wart with duct tape... just cover it and let it stay that way for 2 weeks, maybe 3. that should get rid of it. this is what i have heard from a good source... but really, it depends on what type of wart it is, some of them you really have to go to the doctors and have it burned off the old fashioned way. good luck.

i had horrible warts all over my knees as a child and my mom and doctors tried several things before using a mixture of freezing them off and using witch hazel

It is definitely true! It is the holy spirit that does the actual healing. Mostly women do inherit the gift because of their compassion and healing. The holy spirit is all around us and the muttering being said is the words of healing from god :). A lot of native American churches know more about the holy spirit than most christian churches because they have a greater connection IMO. Warts are a physical manifestation of negativity and evil, such as diseases and infection. Of course there will always be the physical way of someone actually contracting the disease in the physical body, but this is how demons and evil manifest into physicality.

It is definitely true! It is the holy spirit that does the actual healing. Mostly women do inherit the gift because of their compassion and healing. The holy spirit is all around us and the muttering being said is the words of healing from god :). A lot of native American churches know more about the holy spirit than most christian churches because they have a greater connection IMO. Warts are a physical manifestation of negativity and evil, such as diseases and infection. Of course there will always be the physical way of someone actually contracting the disease in the physical body, but this is how demons and evil manifest into physicality.

Well, warts are more caused by a HPV virus then by negativity.

Well, warts are more caused by a HPV virus then by negativity.

As I stated before, "the physical manifestation" HPV? Warts can be caused by many things.

As I stated before, "the physical manifestation" HPV? Warts can be caused by many things.

HPV stands for human pappillomavirus - you can find it on wikipedia.

When I was young a school friend of mine had warts on her hand, and she was convinced that if she put her hand in a fresh cow pat it would get rid of her warts. She was daft enough to try it too! and it didn't work. No surprises there then :D I'll always remember that.

HPV stands for human pappillomavirus - you can find it on wikipedia.

Hmmm? That's an STD though, warts can be caused even by just touching a frog.

I had a wart on the knuckle of my forefinger some years ago, so I got mad at it and "tortured" it by sticking pins in it, slicing bits off with a razor blade, letting boiling water trickle over it, holding it against an ice cube, rubbing stuff into it like vinegar, glue, paint thinners etc, and after a few weeks it just vanished overnight and good riddance..:)

Edited by Waymarker