Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded in Saudi Arabia

Fluffybunny

(CNN) -- An Arabic TV news network said Friday that American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. has been beheaded by his Saudi captors.

Al Arabiya said its bureau chief had been shown the video of the killing.

A Saudi security source said, "From our end, we cannot confirm this. We have not found a body yet."

Earlier Friday, Al Arabiya had aired an emotional statement from the wife of Johnson.

Johnson's wife, Noom, who is Thai, said she hoped the Saudi government "can help my husband."

U.S. and Saudi investigators concluded an intensive meeting Friday, Saudi officials said, as security forces spread all over the kingdom searching for Johnson.

Johnson, 49, a Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, had been kidnapped Saturday in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. He helped maintain U.S.-built Apache helicopter gunships for the Saudi military.

Link

So when we are done in Iraq are we going to liberate Iran or Saudi Arabia first? Should we start a pool?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Druidus

• Fluffybunny

• wunarmdscissor

Demands had given Saudis 72 hours to save Paul Johnson's life.

MSNBC News Services

Updated: 1:55 p.m. ET June 18, 2004RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A statement published on an Islamic Web site Friday claimed that American hostage Paul Johnson had been beheaded. The Web site also published photos apparently showing Johnson after death. The claim could not be independently confirmed.

Full Story Link

Hey... you beat me by like 2 seconds on posting this

Oh NO!!!... does this mean we are starting to think alike??? blink.gifhuh.gifdontgetit.gifcrying.gif

And, the U.S. stands quietly by.

Edited by Babs

I just talked to my husband and people at his office; they are all mad about this. My husband is using a few choice words( I can't put into print) but you get the picture, they are livid.

We all wish that the U.S. could behead.

We all wish that the U.S. could behead.

Are you saying that you wish the whole U.S. could be beheaded? huh.gif

Why are there US civillains there anyway? I don't mean any disrespect to Paul Johnson, but I can't even imagine thinking that going to the middle east to work as a civillain when you have a safe country to live is, on any level, a good idea.

(CNN) -- An Arabic TV news network said Friday that American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. has been beheaded by his Saudi captors.

Al Arabiya said its bureau chief had been shown the video of the killing.

A Saudi security source said, "From our end, we cannot confirm this. We have not found a body yet."

Earlier Friday, Al Arabiya had aired an emotional statement from the wife of Johnson.

Johnson's wife, Noom, who is Thai, said she hoped the Saudi government "can help my husband."

U.S. and Saudi investigators concluded an intensive meeting Friday, Saudi officials said, as security forces spread all over the kingdom searching for Johnson.

Johnson, 49, a Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, had been kidnapped Saturday in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. He helped maintain U.S.-built Apache helicopter gunships for the Saudi military.

Link

So when we are done in Iraq are we going to liberate Iran or Saudi Arabia first? Should we start a pool?

I say saudi, because there next in line with Operation Iraqi Liberation

(O.I.L)

(O.I.L)

This thread is about the barbaric murder of an innocent man. I don't think it's the place for cheesy political statements.

Alleged Johnson kidnapping ringleader killed. "ALRIGHT"! The leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia killed.

Nxt...no, I wish the U.S. could behead terrrorists...."an eye for an eye".

Another thing I just got to say, "with friends like Saudi Arabia, who needs enemies."

Edited by Babs

Another thing I just got to say, "with friends like Saudi Arabia, who needs enemies."

I have no idea how we could consider them a "friend". I was there 10 years ago, if it wasn't for the fact that Iraq was about to roll into their country they would not have wanted anything to do with us, and weren't afraid to say so.

A well placed high caliber sniper round will pretty much do that for you...

I like your style, fluffybunny. wink2.gif

(O.I.L)

This thread is about the barbaric murder of an innocent man. I don't think it's the place for cheesy political statements.

So your saying it is possible to kill someone in a civilized manner?

So your saying it is possible to kill someone in a civilized manner?

Of course not. rolleyes.gif The man was murdered, and the manner of his killing, a way that is particularly abhorrent to westerners, was chosen for maximum impact.

I think the word barbaric is a good way to describe his killers.

I have no idea how we could consider them a "friend". I was there 10 years ago, if it wasn't for the fact that Iraq was about to roll into their country they would not have wanted anything to do with us, and weren't afraid to say so

Saudis are for a fact the most blah blah offensive guff I have encountered them on several different fronts, Miltary, and Civilian.

Edited by Aslan

Being a bit stereotypical there aren't you joc? A little racist, perhaps? Induced by war-fervor? Sure I believe that the people who beheaded that man were wrong and need serious help, but that doesn't mean they're all bad. I know you say that you have met them several times, and I have too. In fact, my uncle is from Iraq, as are two of my cousins, and several of their relatives are saudi's. I have seen them many times, and they are actually quite good people.

Edited by Druidus

Saudis are for a fact the most blah blah offensive guff I have encountered them on several different fronts, Miltary, and Civilian.

Wow joc. I went with Aslans edited version, but I have to say that you made it pretty clear with what you originally posted what motivates you in the war on terror. ohmy.gif

Druidus has a valid point.

You have shown your true colors with that tirade. I do find it helpful to understand your thought processes to this point in the matters of the Middle East... it all makes sense now, I had thought it was just a blind allegiance to the President, but now I see that it is more than that...

How sad.

Look, the people of Saudi Arabia are not evil.

But many, if not most of them, are brainwashed into this highly radical form of Islam called Wahhabism (a KKK equivalent of Islam).

If America would rid the Saudi people from the Saud family, and make Saudi Arabia a democracy, they would win the war on terror. The Saud family finance most of the terrorism world-wide, spreading their Wahhabist ideology.

But America will never do this, not when Saudi Arabia sit on a huge reserve of petroleum.

As a matter of fact, there are three main radical ideologies in the middle-east. Americans and Westerners only familiar with Wahhabism (the ideology of Hamas, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Islamic Brotherhood etc).

Another very radical ideology is Humeinism - a radical form of Shiism. The current leaders of Iran are Humenistic. Hizbollah, the most powerfull religious terrorist group in the middle-east, is a Humeinistic group.

The third radical ideology is Pan-Arabic (just like pan-Germanic) nationalism. Saddam Hussein is a pan-Arabist, Assad (the leader of Syria) is pan-Arabist, Qadaffi was pan-Arabist, and the PLO is a pan-Arabist organization. The pan-Arabic ideology is a secular fascist ideology that vision the unity of all Arabs in one strong and superb Ummah.

So although America was hit only by one ideology, there are still the other two who lurk and wait for their moment.

The war on terror is far from over.

But many, if not most of them, are brainwashed into this highly radical form of Islam called Wahhabism (a KKK equivalent of Islam).

If America would rid the Saudi people from the Saud family, and make Saudi Arabia a democracy, they would win the war on terror. The Saud family finance most of the terrorism world-wide, spreading their Wahhabist ideology.

Do you actualy believe this ill-informed **** that you've posted?

First, they could equaly... and with more justification accuse you of being brainwashed by right-wing judeo-Christian fundamentalist (More justification because it can be related to your posts and attitudes rather than being a generic comment about an entire country population)

Second, Who gives America the damn right to invade soverign nations? A lot of the world have just about had their fill of America acting like a schoolyard bully boy. Invading Iraq wasn't about the 'war on terror', it was a war on behalf of Bush's ego and the ego's of a portion of Americans who think they have the right to impose their 'culture' on the rest of the globe! (Plus the fact that YOU have an anti-arab adgenda as came up in a prior thread!)

Third, the Saud family are targets of the terrorists and this situation is likely to topple their powerbase, your UNFOUNDED accusations come from your own biggotry and ignorance!

I wanna know what joc said.

I take it my suspicions are correct.

These killers are nothin but animals.

You wouldnt even treat an animal the way they treated that poor man.

There is no excuse for what they did .

None .

That's interesting Erikl. Could you tell us more of your thoughts on this subject?

Fenris wrote:

Second, Who gives America the damn right to invade sovereign nations?A lot of the world have just about had their fill of America acting like a schoolyard bully boy.

Who gave the terrorists the right to SLAM our country!

A lot of the world have just about had their fill of America...what does that mean, Fenris?

Edited by Babs

Who gave the terrorists the right to SLAM our country!

A lot of the world have just about had their fill of America...what does that mean, Fenris?

The terrorists don't have a dratted country to invade... or are you conveniently forgetting that?

It wasn't the Iraqis that brought down the WTC, nor was it the Saudi's... it was a terrorist organisation that has no fixed country of origin (Although they where using afganistan as a training base... but you already invaded them!).

I mean just what I said, if America trys invading Saudi with such a feeble excuse there won't just be Muslims fighting them... this kind of warmongering and invading countrys on false pretences is something the world has seen before...... From Nazi Germany!

Do you actualy believe this ill-informed **** that you've posted?

Excuse me??? what did I say in my post that is so wrong as to get such a reaction from you? or is it that you just waited for an opertunity to bash my post?

First, they could equaly... and with more justification accuse you of being brainwashed by right-wing judeo-Christian fundamentalist (More justification because it can be related to your posts and attitudes rather than being a generic comment about an entire country population)

This is a pure lie and originate from a deep hatred you resent for me and my country, as is shown in all your other posts.

Nothing I said here or anywhere else shows me as:

A. right-wing.

B. fundamentalist

C. generilization of an entire population.

I believe your attitude toward me is based on:

A. a stereotype you have on me and my country.

B. your lack of information about anything in the middle-east. Just because you sent soldiers to this area, or that your media writes about the events here, doesn't mean that you know anything. I know Hebrew as well as Arabic. I have meant and spoke with many of the people who live in those countries: Assyrians, Kurds, Arabs, Druzes and many others that you probably never heard of. I have nothing against those people. Get it through your head! Most Israelis DO NOT hate Arabs.

20% of my country's population is Arab. We have Arabs in prliament.

How can an intelligent Israeli hate Arabs if we do not know what they feel about us without being brainwashed? remember, all Arabs in the ME (exept those who live in Israel) live in dictatorships, which dictates education and TV broadcast.

The regime of Saudi Arabia is one of the worst in the world. Thieves' hands are cut off. Weman are oppressed. This is also one of the only countries in the world where Jews (not Israeli jews, any jew!) are not allowed to live in.

You obviously know nothing about the ME, or you were miss-informed.

Third, the Saud family are targets of the terrorists and this situation is likely to topple their powerbase, your UNFOUNDED accusations come from your own biggotry and ignorance!

Again, shows your total lack of knowledge about the ME. The Saudis were the ones who funded those terrorists to begin with. The problem with terrorists, is, unfurnately for the Saudis, that you can't really control them. So just as America supported the Taliban in the Cold War against Russia, and then the Taliban turned against America, so did Al-Qaeda turned against the Saudi family.

Second, Who gives America the damn right to invade soverign nations?

The fact that they were attacked by terrorist, gives them the right to declair war against terrorism. And the fact that they are the sole super-power in the world, they are able to fight terrorism everywhere.

And just because many in the West do not understand what is the connection between Saddam Hussein and Usama Bin Laden, doesn't give you the right to deligitimate America's self defence actions.

Saddam funded terrorism in general. Maybe not Al-Qaeda, but other terrorist groups. If you are to declair war againt terrorism, you have to deal with him.

True, Iraq wouldn't be my first choice, and Bush did decide to invade it first just for America's own interests.

It wasn't the Iraqis that brought down the WTC, nor was it the Saudi's... it was a terrorist organisation that has no fixed country of origin (Although they where using afganistan as a training base... but you already invaded them!).

No, but the Saudis did and still do finance terror groups around the world, and spread Wahhbist poison in Muslim communities around the world.

And it was Saddam who gave moral as well as economic support for terrorism.

I mean just what I said, if America trys invading Saudi with such a feeble excuse there won't just be Muslims fighting them... this kind of warmongering and invading countrys on false pretences is something the world has seen before...... From Nazi Germany!

True, France and most of the EU will be furious to see their oil supplies tempered with.

This just shows your true colors - "is something the world has seen before...... From Nazi Germany!".

As I suspected, you are one of those extreme-left nuts who are anti-American and believe that the true axis of evil is America-Israel-American-Jews....

You are nothing more than a bigot.

I do not agree with many of America's actions, true.

But at least I don't hate them so radicaly as you do.

Tell, me what did Americans do to you that you hate them so much?

The last time I checked, Americans saved you from Nazism and Communism.

I see it very alarming that you support dictatorships more than you support democracies.... huh.gif

I have no idea how we could consider them a "friend". I was there 10 years ago, if it wasn't for the fact that Iraq was about to roll into their country they would not have wanted anything to do with us, and weren't afraid to say so.

A well placed high caliber sniper round will pretty much do that for you...

thumbsup.gif I say if the bad boys in Saudia Arabia wants to play , ok lets play I know our toys are bigger than there's. AS far as the Iraqi scum bags are concerned, weve been playing around in falluja to long, lets give them a scorched earth policy and level it to the ground. signed by a Vietnam Veteran ph34r.gif