Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded in Saudi Arabia

Fluffybunny

I didn't say it was wrong for the moderator to chastise joc, I agreed with reese, that it was wrong for all you boys to gang up on him. And, there was name-calling to boot. ohmy.gif Joc is a strong person and when there is a strong person in a group the group likes to cut them down to size.... hence the cowardice statement.

Let's get back on topic...isn't that what you said Druidus?... didn't you want everyone to settle down and stay on topic, so that it wasn't shut down? I agreed with that. So, OMG, let's not debate my statement about 'you' boys' bad behavior. tongue.gif

Edited by Babs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Druidus

• Fluffybunny

• wunarmdscissor

Joc is a strong person and when there is a strong person in a group the group likes to cut them down to size, hence the cowardice statement.

Yes he is strongly opinioned. Did you actually read what he said?

Although I steer clear of the names used, I can see where people would be upset enough to use them.

I wouldn't call them cowards for doing so either. Was it justified? Was it appropriate? It's a judgement call. Was it racist? yes Was it foolish? yes it was...

I was pretty shocked by it too...

joc is a big boy and is fully capable of defending himself, he does it a lot around here. His comments were incredibly racist and were said in a forum of very diverse people, it was bound to get a response that was equally strong.

I certainly did see joc's statements. I said that the moderator was right and so did joc. But, you, boys, weren't. Druidus tries to disguise or camoflouage the boys bad behavior with a statement pertaining to "group dynamics". And, then he talks about Iraq where you have the same set-up, the group moves in and sets things right...only Druidus and the boys bad-mouth that too. rolleyes.gif

No, the only dynamics here is...cowardice. I include Druidus, now, because he stated that it was a good thing that the boys ganged up on joc.

So now I'm a ringleader? Listen, the reason I was relating what we did to what the U.S. did is so I could show you the utter foolishness of what you were claiming. We're cowards for telling someone that something they said is wrong or racist? Just because a lot of people do it doesn't mean we're cowards. I didn't call everyone into a huddle and say "Hey, let's go pick on Joc!". No, I merely stated what I thought was an appropriate response to Joc's words.

Back on topic. Another hostage dead, beheaded. Well, boys any of you up to bad- mouthing the U.S. some more?

My husband just called... mad about the beheading of the S. Korean... he said he couldn't believe that the U.S. was court marshalling their own service men for mistreating the Iraqi terrorists!

Yeah, I wonder if al Qaeda will hold court for the beheading of hostages?

My husband just called... mad about the beheading of the S. Korean... he said he couldn't believe that the U.S. was court marshalling their own service men for mistreating the Iraqi terrorists!

Are you saying that you and your husband believe that U.S. troops should not be held accountable for human rights abuses?

Yeah, I wonder if al Qaeda will hold court for the beheading of hostages?

Of course not, they're terrorists. However, the fact that they are capturing and executing hostages, deplorable and heartbreaking as it might be, is not justification for our mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners.

Thank you PermaKid. I was gonna say that but I just gave up on it. thumbsup.gif

reese.

Your right i asked what joc said. I actually didnt think he would have posted something as extremely racist as he did.

BTW i have every right to flame and namecall a RACIST and thats what i did.

Just as i have every right to condemn the animals who are butchering the hostages in iraq.

Just as i have every right to condemn the tactics the coalition are using in Iraq.

Difference being i fully understand the differences in my opinion......it isnt interconnected .....welll not in plain black and white anyway.

Nit in your either with us or against us terms.

Babs and reese if you can agree joc's comments were racist then why greet about us ganging up on a RACIST.

If i posted an intensley racist post about americans am sure you joc, kellalor, next2hvn and nearly all the other americans on the forum would gang up on me.

Explain how this is different??

Thats it cos joc shares your opinions on many issues so we're not allowed to condemn his disgusting rant...is that it???

Why should we play nice with a a racist wether he says sorry or a mod says hes been bad??

The people who are beheading hostages are racists too.

We are condeming them and that is correct.

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself there Wun..

He gave you what you asked for, whether you wanted to be 'shocked' like that or not, you asked for it, and you got it. He obviously couldn't repost it, only to further upset the situation. I would speak up for even you, if people were ganging up on you. wink2.gif The reason I say that YOU are ganging up on him, is because you are using the good sense and logical posts that Fenris and Fluffy put out, as your own personal podium. Joc can handle himself, and I highly doubt that having people object to his views upsets him any more than it upsets me.

He said what he said. I don't know what he said exactly, if I did, I would better be able to tell you if he is a racist. But, you seem like a flame thrower, or pot stirrer, and those hold equal place in my book.. Neither one is good for much.. So, chew on that for a bit.. ohmy.gifthumbsup.gifwub.gif

Reese

Edited by reese2

Wun,

BTW i have every right to flame and namecall a RACIST and thats what i did.

Actually, no you don't, especially not after the offensive comment had been removed.

The point in his apologizing was to admit he had gone to far and was attempting to rectify his faux pas. I'm not happy that he IM'd you what had been edited out of his post, as it inspired you to continue to harp on something that had been removed. The purpose in removing the offensive text was to insure that civility would once again gain the upper hand. That, however, will not happen if you keep making references to it, and continue to hurl epitaths at those who you disagree with.

This topic will remain open only as long as the discussion remains focused on the subject of the thread, that means no more personal attacks and/or inflametory rhetoric. Thank you for your cooperation.

Magikman

ok lol.

I was only defendin myself in the end tho lol.

I wont mention it again.

I wonder where the head hunters are going to strike next?

When Bush was here the other day, in my town, he talked with hostage Matt Maupin's, parents. This was the 2nd or third time he talked with them. Damn, I gotta say it, "This man cares!"

Matt lives a few miles from us and everyone here is praying for him.

Damn, I gotta say it, "This man cares!"

He may care about it on some level, but in my opinion, a lot of it is for good publicity.

Ohio will be the swing state...they are saying we will be the new Florida. Bush picked up quite a few bucks here. wub.gifwub.gif

He may care about it on some level, but in my opinion, a lot of it is for good publicity.

The truth is, and what alot of you refuse to get, is that George W. Bush is a man of character. He cares deeply. He isn't playing politics. He is on a mission. He is a man with a plan, not a plan to be re-elected so he can play president again for 4 more but a plan to make America safer and the world safer and you Druidus....

yes and you Wun....safer. He cares deeper than you are willing to give him credit for. But who can blame you for feeling the way you do? Aren't all politicians the same? I would agree that most are...but not this man. He is a good, decent, genuine, 100% kinda guy. That is why we just don't understand many of you folks hatred for him.

Aren't all politicians the same?

Reminds me of a funny quote by a politician. "90% of politicians give the other 10% a bad name."

Edited by Druidus

joc wrote:

He cares deeply. He isn't playing politics. He is on a mission.

That's exactly how I feel about it. Thanks for putting that into words...Since 911 this man has been on a mission.

We had a little bit of a scare when president Bush was here. Wherever the president went there was restricted traffic...car and air traffic. But there was an unknown aircraft flying in the 'no fly' zone overtop the president. No one could contact this craft. They got the plane down as quickly as possible and interrogated the pilot; this guy was from out of state and seemed to be just cruising along... (without a care in the world). I bet that stopped his clock. w00t.gif

My husband said the pilot was flying VFR (visual flight rules) so he did not have to file a flight plan when he left Columbus (you don't have to have your radio on when you do that), otherwards the air authorities would have said NO NO NO! you can't go into Cincinnati. crying.gif

Anyway, the fighter jet brought him down...peaceably. grin2.gif

Edit: put your three consecutive posts together

Edited by Tommy

Hey Babs,

why don't you start a thread on the wonderfulness that is Bush, cos this little fella was supposed to be about a poor bloke getting his head cut off, if you can remember that far back? disgust.gif

Matt is a hostage. I wonder who will be next? This guy is dead Stamford, what more is there to say? I thought you might want to hear more about the human side of Bush...sorry if it disagrees with you. sleep.gif

This guy is dead Stamford, what more is there to say?

Nothing I guess, which is pretty much what you are doing anyway.

Ah, but Stamford, I have a hidden agenda. tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Head-hunters have more hostages. Wonder what the surprize hand-over in Iraq will do?

Head-hunters are trying to intimidate, demoralize and terrorize us. What do you think...are they succeeding? I guess, if they can out-brutalize us, they can win the war.

Edited by Babs

I guess, if they can out-brutalize us, they can win the war.

That is quite a remarkable statement.

I am at a loss to understand what 'out-brutalize' actually means; maybe you could clarify this for us, Babs?

We're getting reports here that Matt Maupin is dead. Al Jazeera is reporting the killing of Matt by militants. The government hasn't verified the news as yet.

Edited by Babs

We're getting reports here that Matt Maupin is dead. Al Jazeera is reporting the killing of Matt by militants. The government hasn't verified the news as yet.

I heard that on the radio tonight too. I heard it was another beheading sad.gif