Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Geokinesis/kinesis's

Envision

Okay ok guys, I think we've established you two "skeptics" for certain, are not particularly fond of the belief in these types of abilities - you've made it abundantly clear, and told people in this thread, more than once, a number of their statements are fallacious, questionable, or just plain wrong. Exception noted, but let's not run it into the ground in an attempt to "bring them around" - this is ALSO seen as preaching. To wit:

While you posters promoting a more skeptical agenda may choose to focus on the word "religious" in the first sentence, I believe the rest of the sentence is fairly unambiguous, plus, all I have to do is give you other definitions of religious, meaning "Religious 3 - Definition: Scrupulously faithful or exact; strict." and "religious 9 - Definition: extremely scrupulous and conscientious; "religious in observing the rules of health"; these would both seem to accurately portray your insistence on more differently-minded people adopting a "more rational view". Presenting evidence and explaining the problems with a view is one thing - harassing people is different, which you are also doing.

Do I really need to carry this further to satisfy your need for documented and established proof or accepted factual statements?

laugh.gif

I'm throwing out the BS flag! If you don't like it, use your Psionicwerevampdemon powers to call me out! You're a cheeky little fellow Para!

laugh.gif

And I am NOT preaching, simply asking questions about these powers and when the explanations are beyond mans current knowledge of physics, asking for clarification! How is THAT preachy!? I love the idea of these abilities/powers being real!

I mentioned the "Mom lifts car to rescue son" story myself as a possible scenario in which the mind is being used over matter too!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envision

• Agent. Mulder

• eqgumby

• Mattshark

just because people believe in something with no evidence for it, does not make it true.

and the China argument is BS. as there are many methods as showing you China is in fact real, and a physical place you can go to and witness. unlike the psionics.

no, its not about believing. thats Not what it comes down to, and thats a poor way of looking at life. you can see pluto with a telescope (albeit a small dot of light).

you have no proof.

so, your anecdote counts as evidence? :hmm:

i do the same. i asked if there was going to be a car accident today, and assumed Yes there would be. and, guess what, i saw a car accident on the news. wow.

no, they do not have a good point at all.

and no, Anything is not possible. sorry, but thats the truth.

First off Agent Mulder, do you believe in ANYTHING? Seriously? All I personally have seen you do is come into this particular forum and say "Nope, not possible, next" and that gets really tiring. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean that you have to POST about it. If you don't believe and you want to be a hardcore 'skeptic' that even the air doesn't exist unless you feel the wind is blowing, then please do it in the appropriate forum.

Yes, I know the psi-kiddies can be pretty abundant, but NO ONE here is able to state whether something is fact or fiction, PERIOD and your skepticism is just a real downer. I've bitten my tongue long enough on the subject matter, so I do apologize to the mods of this manner.

There are accounts, in newspapers at least, of the stereotypical "Mom lifts car to rescue son" story - you think these are "mind over matter" examples? What all else can account for them? Are they authentic? Would it even be possible for the human body to lift and hold such a weight?

Yes, adrenaline does cause people the fight or flight. It is a human thing I guess, but I've witnessed it myself and have been utterly shocked. I don't believe it possible ALL the time as that would potentially cause the heart to explode, but it is a very amazing thing.

Asking questions and for supporting evidence is one thing, but constantly doing it in the same thread to the same people after they've addressed you a couple of times in a way where it is obvious they are taking some things as a "given" for their discussion, is trolling and harassment. Topics being open to anyone is NOT a license to just walk into threads and start poking people over and over while they're trying to discuss a subject from a certain perspective. I call BS on your calling BS, and this cheeky little fellow is going to start giving cheeky big official warnings if this kind of behavior continues.

First off Agent Mulder, do you believe in ANYTHING? Seriously? All I personally have seen you do is come into this particular forum and say "Nope, not possible, next" and that gets really tiring. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean that you have to POST about it. If you don't believe and you want to be a hardcore 'skeptic' that even the air doesn't exist unless you feel the wind is blowing, then please do it in the appropriate forum.

Yes, I know the psi-kiddies can be pretty abundant, but NO ONE here is able to state whether something is fact or fiction, PERIOD and your skepticism is just a real downer. I've bitten my tongue long enough on the subject matter, so I do apologize to the mods of this manner.

Yes, adrenaline does cause people the fight or flight. It is a human thing I guess, but I've witnessed it myself and have been utterly shocked. I don't believe it possible ALL the time as that would potentially cause the heart to explode, but it is a very amazing thing.

But psi, you can indeed say some things are fact or fiction, impossible or not, even if based solely on our current understanding of physics and assorted sciences. If these abilities are manifesting themselves in some un-known way, us skeptics would like a good description of how it feels, what it does, limitations, factors that increase and decrease abilities. Heck, a study of this phenomena would change physics forever! Einstein would be rolling over in his grave! Hawkings would be ecstatic!

That's really the point here, isn't it?

As much as psychic power has been studied, and as much as the human brain has been mapped and studied and dissected, there is so little evidence for any measurable psychic power, let alone the mental ability to control the weather, electricity, or the EARTHS magnetic field!

As a person with REAL psionic abilities, I would say it would be your DUTY to humanity to perfect it to the point that you could control it and allow science to study it! It could change the entire WORLD! I know if I could do something like move something physically solely with my mind, I would show the WORLD, collect my million bucks from Randi and resign myself to a life-time of academic research! Hell, I would WILLINGLY donate my body to science! Wouldn't you?

But psi, you can indeed say some things are fact or fiction, impossible or not, even if based solely on our current understanding of physics and assorted sciences. If these abilities are manifesting themselves in some un-known way, us skeptics would like a good description of how it feels, what it does, limitations, factors that increase and decrease abilities. Heck, a study of this phenomena would change physics forever! Einstein would be rolling over in his grave! Hawkings would be ecstatic!

That's really the point here, isn't it?

As much as psychic power has been studied, and as much as the human brain has been mapped and studied and dissected, there is so little evidence for any measurable psychic power, let alone the mental ability to control the weather, electricity, or the EARTHS magnetic field!

As a person with REAL psionic abilities, I would say it would be your DUTY to humanity to perfect it to the point that you could control it and allow science to study it! It could change the entire WORLD! I know if I could do something like move something physically solely with my mind, I would show the WORLD, collect my million bucks from Randi and resign myself to a life-time of academic research! Hell, I would WILLINGLY donate my body to science! Wouldn't you?

Yes, there is the potential of fact v. fiction, however since people don't use their minds to 100% capacity, even a skeptic must realize that there are things that even now are unexplainable. What people know are the things they are taught and/or through self discovery. When facing the aspect of having to deal with skepticism, not everyone is willing to come forward with it because of the reality of being called a 'fraud', 'fake' or otherwise 'studied'.

Again, it's the use of the word 'psionic' that drives me nuts, again that goes on D&D terms, which they're basically the first to coin that word. Psychic, yes, Kinesis, yes, Psionic? What does that word ULTIMATELY mean?

You can say that it's anyone's duty to give anyone anything, but it's really not. Does a person cause harm to another because they want to 'help' that person? Not likely. How about to be a lab rat to discern what causes what to 'tick'....not exactly the life a person would ultimately want. Would you?

The Randi research is, from what I'm finding out, a pathetic joke. The person that even came up with it can't even do half the things that they are claiming, so what is the point of subjecting oneself with such a preposterous joke?

And finally, no. I would not give my body to science, unless I was already dead. Unlike maybe a few people, I like living thank you. LOL

Can you lift a car Matt? Oh yeah, NO because you THINK you CANT.

Thanks Envision, you rule mate!

Actually never tried, it is not something you usually need to do, but if lack the appropriate muscle to do it you will certainly injure yourself. As much as you want to ignore energetics, you can't and by doing so it completely discredits all your claims.

There are accounts, in newspapers at least, of the stereotypical "Mom lifts car to rescue son" story - you think these are "mind over matter" examples? What all else can account for them? Are they authentic? Would it even be possible for the human body to lift and hold such a weight?

Adrenaline will all that, but it do some serious muscular damage.

I have said this before. I am not here to fight or to prove anything. I have stated my proof. A name is not always deciphered as it is. The basics of it is Earth, but with Earth comes more, such as the energy to manipulate it.

I don't really care if you guys believe me or not. I am not going to get mad or try to fight back. I came to enlighten, and you guys are acting a bit closed minded to my abilities. You don't want to see what is out there, which is a shame. Everyone says "But if I could do this stuff in a year, why can't we do it now?!" Well, you guys AREN'T doing it for a year. So that's where you guys go wrong.

For the Randi thing, I don't want the attention. I'll admit, if I did it, then people would think I'm weird and scientist was test me and crap. I do this for enjoyment, not for money. once you learn that, you may learn money ain't anything, and you may actually be a happier person.

Please don't come here to debate over skeptics. I said, multiple times, I am here to enlighten and inform. If you want to fight me, your not going to get it. Shoot me down, I will just stand back up. Let's stay germane, please, and anyone who has question may ask.

Guys I am perfectly aware that "anything" is not possible. Just a figure of speech. Don't bite my head off. Oops, sorry my head is too big to logically fit in your mouth, therefore I am incorect.

Edited by miles powers

I have said this before. I am not here to fight or to prove anything. I have stated my proof. A name is not always deciphered as it is. The basics of it is Earth, but with Earth comes more, such as the energy to manipulate it.

I don't really care if you guys believe me or not. I am not going to get mad or try to fight back. I came to enlighten, and you guys are acting a bit closed minded to my abilities. You don't want to see what is out there, which is a shame. Everyone says "But if I could do this stuff in a year, why can't we do it now?!" Well, you guys AREN'T doing it for a year. So that's where you guys go wrong.

For the Randi thing, I don't want the attention. I'll admit, if I did it, then people would think I'm weird and scientist was test me and crap. I do this for enjoyment, not for money. once you learn that, you may learn money ain't anything, and you may actually be a happier person.

Please don't come here to debate over skeptics. I said, multiple times, I am here to enlighten and inform. If you want to fight me, your not going to get it. Shoot me down, I will just stand back up. Let's stay germane, please, and anyone who has question may ask.

Sorry, but it would closed minded to blindly accept claims, people are naturally going to be sceptical because your terminology is incorrect and you are claiming to break the laws of physics. It is not about fighting you, it is questioning.

- Post removed -

like with your other posts, i reallt cant tell if this is pure sarcasm and a joke, or if you think this is some role playing forum.

Guys I am perfectly aware that "anything" is not possible. Just a figure of speech. Don't bite my head off. Oops, sorry my head is too big to logically fit in your mouth, therefore I am incorect.

why say a figure of speech, thats totally incorrect, when youre talking to someone about something like kinesis?

I said skeptics are ok to question. I said that at the beginning. Nut a MOD had to come here and say for people to calm down. Question if you want, but I am not fighting with you. Ask your questions nicely, and you will get answers. Screaming and being rude is not going to work.

but, you havent stated any kind of "proof".

believe me though, i speak for Anyone who doesnt believe when i say we DO want to see this. its just no one has been able to show us anything, ever.

so, dont take the randi thing, just go to your local college and show some profs. then, show us the published results.

I'm not old enough to drive myself yet. And I haven't told my parents or anyone what I do yet. SO, that could be a slight problem.

no, not really.

youre old enough to take the bus. or a cab. and your parents werent mind too much driving you to a school.

but, im guessing you havent told them, because you wont be able to show them your 'power', and theyll think youre lying.

No, I havn't shown them because it's my choice. And listen, I know how to show the 100% best proof. Why don't you try for 2 or so days trying this stuff out. Once you realize it's working, you'll realize it's real. I am 100% sure even if I go straight to your house and do it right in front of your face, your going to somehow call me fake. The best way for you to do it is for yourself.

No, I havn't shown them because it's my choice. And listen, I know how to show the 100% best proof. Why don't you try for 2 or so days trying this stuff out. Once you realize it's working, you'll realize it's real. I am 100% sure even if I go straight to your house and do it right in front of your face, your going to somehow call me fake. The best way for you to do it is for yourself.

i tried it when i was young, and had no idea what physics was. im older now.

I don't believe in this stuff. I also did this for about 2 1/2 years and never had an experience that could be labeled as extraordinary that I was 100% sure what I did was real.

However, I don't go boasting around that it's impossible JUST because I didn't have success. I must admit, there have been no scientific evidence, at least of what I'm aware of, that even supports the notion of psychokinesis. There's a high possibility then that it doesn't exist, though I'm not stating it 100% doesn't exist.

I'm also just pointing this out envision; the "do it yourself" method may actually not be the best proof. Though the proof is long, don't trust everything you experience. One can hallucinate the whole psychokinetic experience and wildly claim to others they can do huge tasks that at first sound impossible. That's because in their situation it is. Though I am not saying you are a schizophrenic of any sort, one must be mindful that the mind can play the cruelest tricks on the enthusiastic victim. The summary of the proof, in case if anyone wants to know, has been *somewhat* explained in the psychology/philosophy sub-section. Forgot where. Point is, it's not the ears that are listening to what's going on outside of ourselves, but the brain that interprets all the jumbled amount of information and tries to make sense of it all.

If anyone makes fun of you or of your beliefs then just simply don't respond. There's this nifty tool called "Report". Use it to your advantage. I think it would help if you can provide a brief explanation as to why you are reporting an individual and a copy-and-paste of the rules they have broken. The rules can be accessed on the top right, on the little tool bar or whatever it's called. Hope this helped a little bit.

i tried it when i was young, and had no idea what physics was. im older now.

I'm happy you did it when you were younger. But I am saying try it now. Belief plays a big part in it, through manifestation. Attitude is huge also. If you don't believe it will work, it won't. It's like typing an essay. If you really don't want to and think your gonna type a horrible one, you will. Attitude and belief plays a huge part.

I'm happy you did it when you were younger. But I am saying try it now. Belief plays a big part in it, through manifestation. Attitude is huge also. If you don't believe it will work, it won't. It's like typing an essay. If you really don't want to and think your gonna type a horrible one, you will. Attitude and belief plays a huge part.

i tried it When i was younger, because i believed. nothing worked.

and its not like typing an essay. thats something Real that Anyone can do, at any time. whethere they write a good or bad one.

This is real that anyone can do.

if Anyone could, everyone Would.

this would be Fact now. it is not even close to it, because no one can Actually show themselves doing it. even though, everyone 'can'. go figure.

Agent, I have a question for you. Why did you come to this topic? I came here for people to ask questions on how to do kinesis's and more. I just would like to say if you say anything else about me being fake, I'm going to report you for being off topic and intentional trying to "enforce" beliefs. I am taking advice here. If you want to talk about this, I suggest PMIng me, not going off topic a whole topic. Thank you.

Agent, I have a question for you. Why did you come to this topic? I came here for people to ask questions on how to do kinesis's and more. I just would like to say if you say anything else about me being fake, I'm going to report you for being off topic and intentional trying to "enforce" beliefs. I am taking advice here. If you want to talk about this, I suggest PMIng me, not going off topic a whole topic. Thank you.

you cannot report me for being ON topic (which i cirrently am), or for stating an opinion. thats, kinda what we do on here.

basically, i came to ask questions, just as you have.

On-topic or not, there is a LIMIT to how many times you need to rehash the same copy-and-paste job of "nope", "can't do it", "doesn't exist", "not how it works", over and over in the same thread to the same person when it's been established the position both of you have taken. If you have CONSTRUCTIVE posts, Spooky, make them.