Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is this called?

Rickety

Okay. Tonight I went to pick up my sister from work and I saw police lights, I was scared out of my mind, I thought something happened to her I gunned it goin' about 80-85 mph to get there and make sure she was okay, she was fine and I was so relieved, I was a little shaken up so I had to smoke a cigarette to calm my nerves. Anyway, what happened was that a log truck was flying down the road and hit a little Ford Ranger, I mean this truck was going so fast that when he went by my sisters work it was like he hadn't hit anything at all. The truck was in horrible shape, the drivers side door was completely gone, the drivers side wheels were under the truck, it was really bad, that guy should be dead right now. But the driver of the Ford Ranger is missing, he got out and ran, nobody knows where he's at, and that is just... You don't even know, he should have died right when the truck hit him so he's hurt bad!

Anyway, my question to you is, I reached out with my mind because I was gonna see if I could find him, you know, locate him or something. But instead it was almost like I was looking through his eyes, I saw trees flying and he was looking at the ground running, I could tell by the way he was running that he was hurt horribly bad. The experience was almost exhilarating, I only stayed in his mind for about one or two seconds. What is that called? When you look through the eyes of someone else?

Mind you, I've reached out quite a few times and found people, not for the police but like when me and my friends are looking for someone, but this is the first time I've ever actually entered someone's mind and saw what they were seeing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rickety

• puridalan

• Hamlyn

• prairiechickin

It could be considered remote viewing to some extend...also a form of channeling..

It could be considered remote viewing to some extend...also a form of channeling..

Oh okay! thanks for clearing that up. It was really weird though, it was almost like I WAS him, I felt his emotions, he was really scared and hurt, it was almost like he didn't understand what was going on at the moment and all he knew to do was run.

Well perhaps he wasn’t sure what was happening at the moment of the crash. Do you know if he suffered from any kind of head injuries, that could have caused his motives to become unclear. He was also probably in a state of shock. His basic survival instincts might have taken over after the incident or he just simply felt the need to run away. I could create countless theories on what happened. There have been stories of this happening maybe you should look them up. I would also look into books about remote viewing that might help explain how the vision happened. Also try contacting him again see if he is even alive after the incident.

Well perhaps he wasn’t sure what was happening at the moment of the crash. Do you know if he suffered from any kind of head injuries, that could have caused his motives to become unclear. He was also probably in a state of shock. His basic survival instincts might have taken over after the incident or he just simply felt the need to run away. I could create countless theories on what happened. There have been stories of this happening maybe you should look them up. I would also look into books about remote viewing that might help explain how the vision happened. Also try contacting him again see if he is even alive after the incident.

I did try to connect with him again, and this time he was lying on the ground in front of a tree, I could tell that he was alive but just hanging on, like I said before, based on the damage to the truck, he should have died on impact, nobody can explain how he got the strength to get out of that truck. I could see the sky so he was still conscious when I connected, I could feel him fading fast though, whether it was him dying or the connection breaking because I was drained of all energy is difficult to say though (I was really really tired when I tried to connect with him the second time so it may just be that I was tired). I don't know where he is right now, or if he's even alive, it's probably been about 8 to 8 1/2 hours since I last connected with him, but if he is then he needs medical attention and he needs it bad, the only problem is that, if I go to the police with this information they'll just brush me off as "Just another whack job!" I mean I could go looking for him myself but by the time I found him I'd probably have lost my way home or something so then we'd both be lost (and no cell service out in the woods where he is.).

Ugh, so many things I COULD do but so many things that prohibit them as well...

What you experienced, I would call empathy accompanied by clairsentience.

If you can do this so clearly and at will, as in your story, then I would say that you are really talented.

I think that if psychic abilities exist, then most people have them. But if your story is true and refers to something real, then I think your natural ability to empathize and to receive sensory impressions from a distance is analogous to having 20/10 vision.

It could also be that this sort of thing is easier to accomplish on a target who is in severe distress.

When the signal fades, I suspect that it means the target is unconscious or dead. You will find out soon.

Using a map and your intuition, you may be able to pinpoint the person's location if you try. Or you might be able to see a map in your head and draw it on paper. Or you may be able to simply follow your feelings right to him. I would say you are right not to bother the police with it unless you find the person. And don't go getting lost in the woods.

It may be that the person's departed spirit will lead you to his body.

Of course, it may also be empathy in the non-psychic, fairly trivial sense, which is to say that you can vividly imagine yourself in another's shoes. This is also a special quality, I think.

All of these things are possibilities in my mind.

If you would like a small and not very rigorous test of your empathic and clairsentient abilities, try reading my feelings or sense impressions or whatever you get. I'm in Laramie, Wyoming. You cans ee my picture in my profile, if it helps.

If you decide to try it, you can PM me your impressions, if you would like to avoid the pressure of trying a thing like this in public. I know I can get nervous with all the shooter-downers around here.

What you experienced, I would call empathy accompanied by clairsentience.

If you can do this so clearly and at will, as in your story, then I would say that you are really talented.

I think that if psychic abilities exist, then most people have them. But if your story is true and refers to something real, then I think your natural ability to empathize and to receive sensory impressions from a distance is analogous to having 20/10 vision.

It could also be that this sort of thing is easier to accomplish on a target who is in severe distress.

When the signal fades, I suspect that it means the target is unconscious or dead. You will find out soon.

Using a map and your intuition, you may be able to pinpoint the person's location if you try. Or you might be able to see a map in your head and draw it on paper. Or you may be able to simply follow your feelings right to him. I would say you are right not to bother the police with it unless you find the person. And don't go getting lost in the woods.

It may be that the person's departed spirit will lead you to his body.

Of course, it may also be empathy in the non-psychic, fairly trivial sense, which is to say that you can vividly imagine yourself in another's shoes. This is also a special quality, I think.

All of these things are possibilities in my mind.

If you would like a small and not very rigorous test of your empathic and clairsentient abilities, try reading my feelings or sense impressions or whatever you get. I'm in Laramie, Wyoming. You cans ee my picture in my profile, if it helps.

If you decide to try it, you can PM me your impressions, if you would like to avoid the pressure of trying a thing like this in public. I know I can get nervous with all the shooter-downers around here.

But wouldn't the fact that I only connected with him for a second or two each time mean that I was very weak in this sort of field? I mean yeah I saw clearly what he saw but it only lasted for 1 1/2 maybe 2 seconds TOPS.

The only reason I could do it is because I wanted to, I wanted to see where he was, all I was trying to do was reach out and try to pinpoint his location but instead I saw through his eyes and felt his emotions. When I snapped out of his mind my head shot to one direction so I assume that's the direction he was in.

Usually when I try to tap into my psychic abilities at the request of someone I get nervous lol and it tends to mess me up a little sometimes, I can still do it, it's just harder to when I get nervous. And I assure that the claim above is true, I'm not one to usually joke about matters like this. The night I posted this was the night it happened, after I picked up my sister from work and I had to constantly go back and re-read to make sure I made coherent sense because I was so shaken up lol

But wouldn't the fact that I only connected with him for a second or two each time mean that I was very weak in this sort of field? I mean yeah I saw clearly what he saw but it only lasted for 1 1/2 maybe 2 seconds TOPS.

The only reason I could do it is because I wanted to, I wanted to see where he was, all I was trying to do was reach out and try to pinpoint his location but instead I saw through his eyes and felt his emotions. When I snapped out of his mind my head shot to one direction so I assume that's the direction he was in.

Usually when I try to tap into my psychic abilities at the request of someone I get nervous lol and it tends to mess me up a little sometimes, I can still do it, it's just harder to when I get nervous. And I assure that the claim above is true, I'm not one to usually joke about matters like this. The night I posted this was the night it happened, after I picked up my sister from work and I had to constantly go back and re-read to make sure I made coherent sense because I was so shaken up lol

I would at first guess it was astral projection, but then you said you were experiencing the same things he was. Remote viewing wouldn't be the right term either, since you are only viewing things from a visual perspective. I would more like call it "Advanced Remote Viewing + Astral Projection". You were not aware of your own body, judging from your posts; instead, your consciousness was in another person's body. Yet the person still has control of their own body; therefore you are not directly controlling his body but simply getting impressions from them. You were viewing the experience from multiple perspectives, so that's why I hesitated to call it remote viewing on what you were doing. This is then far-fetch, but I would guess while he was thinking and experiencing whatever he could you were getting the, excuse me for this metaphor, "getting the seconds" of his mind's food. In other words, you got the same thoughts he did and what not, but he was the first to experience them. I guess you could call it telepathy at an advanced level with a little bit of empathy mixed into it.

But wouldn't the fact that I only connected with him for a second or two each time mean that I was very weak in this sort of field?

No. On the contrary, that would be pretty good compared to most people. As far as I know, most people would not even get that much. :)

It could be that if you practice, you will develop skill in this area. It would be interesting to find out.

Usually when I try to tap into my psychic abilities at the request of someone I get nervous lol and it tends to mess me up a little sometimes, I can still do it, it's just harder to when I get nervous.

That's OK, I understand perfectly.

And I assure that the claim above is true

I believe you.

Although some here vehemently maintain it doesn't apply in the macrocosmic world we live in, on this larger, gross scale, you might be interested in looking into the principles of quantum mechanics and entanglement, and if you want to go a spiritual route still dealing with the subject, the Holographic Universe is a famous book to look into.

If there is a bond between people at all, as some claim, then it is generally not recognized, so perhaps if you were somehow for some reason able to become aware of and interact with that bond consciously, you could have some sort of connection with someone, but the alienness of it would likely cause a negative reaction due to logic and fear and "snap you back", so any amount of time I'd say would be impressive.

Not saying I believe all or any of this, just some things I read and you might look into.

Although some here vehemently maintain it doesn't apply in the macrocosmic world we live in, on this larger, gross scale, you might be interested in looking into the principles of quantum mechanics and entanglement, and if you want to go a spiritual route still dealing with the subject, the Holographic Universe is a famous book to look into.

If there is a bond between people at all, as some claim, then it is generally not recognized, so perhaps if you were somehow for some reason able to become aware of and interact with that bond consciously, you could have some sort of connection with someone, but the alienness of it would likely cause a negative reaction due to logic and fear and "snap you back", so any amount of time I'd say would be impressive.

Not saying I believe all or any of this, just some things I read and you might look into.

That is because quantum effects don't even last long enough to affect a neuron firing and that is extremely quick.

Quantum effect last 400 femtoseconds (4x10ˉ¹³ seconds), this is the reason they don't last in a macroscopic scales, despite the claims of a lot of pseudoscientists.

Yes...I dont think channeling was the correct term I gave you because that would be someone else using YOUR body to come thru...and usually it is someone who has passed..but perhaps a ""reverse"" channeling.... clairevoyance would be you seeing an event and could be from the other persons eyes...not necessarily being that he has to be gone or dead...Empathic would be feeling their pains or feelings etc...but you traveled to his body...so i went with the remote viewing, or as the other said advanced remote...It is also a form of astral travel for getting to another place... but you ended up within him...and seeing thru HIS eyes... so I think youve had a minagee of psyc combine to form your experience... hard to pin point a single word or expression for it though...

You were not aware of your own body, judging from your posts; instead, your consciousness was in another person's body. Yet the person still has control of their own body; therefore you are not directly controlling his body but simply getting impressions from them. You were viewing the experience from multiple perspectives, so that's why I hesitated to call it remote viewing on what you were doing.

I believe there is different forms of projection and projection is not limited to just the astral level. What you described in your first line is probably the most accurate and simple way to put it. I would call it remote viewing/ form of mental projection.

What is this called?

I could be cruel and say

'An over active Imagination'

But hey if you say It happened, who am I to say it Didn't! ;)

These are all extremely good responses and y'all are really helping me piece this whole thing together and I thank you very much. I've always had a certain gift for feeling others emotions, I think y'all called it empathy, if someone is extremely angry I can always sense it and know that I need to leave right when I look into their eyes. I can also feel when someone is sad, happy, envious, awestruck, pretty much any emotion you can think of, try as they might to lie and say they're not mad etc. I can always tell when they're lying. I've never looked through someone else' eyes before unless it was in a dream. That was the first time I mixed my empathy and consciousness together, it's also the first time I've ever seen through someone else' eyes while conscious. I don't know why or how this happened, maybe the rush of emotions I felt, the alarm that my sister may have been hurt, the relief when I found she wasn't, the fear for the missing man, hoping he was okay etc.

I've had things happen when my emotions get enraged, for example: one time I had been arguing with my mother about smoking, she had found some empty cigarette packs in my room and we were fighting, it got pretty heated. Well then she went back to her room and it was just me and my dad in the room, I was overcome with fury, I was staring at the wall and grinding my teeth, just to find a small little outlet for my rage to trickle out. Then, all of the sudden we hear glass shattering and a small explosion, me and my dad went to the kitchen to find the pot that my mom had cooked some beans in, the glass lid exploded outwards onto the stove and into the beans. I was never sure of what happened, there was no pressure in the pot, even if there was it wasn't air tight, the temperature remained unchanged in the house etc. I had always suspected my rage was the culprit, that in order for it to escape it was sent through my psychic channel and it forced its way to the pot or something, I don't know.

My point is, are emotions directly tied to our psychic channel/abilities? If our emotions are strong does it allow the flow of energy to roam more freely or does it cut it off?

If our emotions are strong does it allow the flow of energy to roam more freely or does it cut it off?

Good question and depending on who you ask you may get differing answers.

Talking from a metaphysical perspective here for a moment, the first thing you need to get your head around is that Emotions are energy. You might then think the stronger the emotion, the stronger the energy or flow. Yes this is correct, but only up to a certain point where anything can actually be productive of using this energy.

If emotion is not under control it can pummel and obscure everything else around it. So there's a limit to what one can take, like a sponge, before it bleeds out and even causes problems. Every persons capacity or limit is going to be different. (talking primarly from a empthas/mediums view here of being aware of the energies around us)

Energy from emotions in this sense which is out of control or is being pushed on a person is rarely pleasent for any empath or medium to deal with. In most people it would trigger a defensive reaction and take a skilled medium a lot of effort to minamise the contact as narrowly as possible. So they could remain in a position where they were still able to descern what they could without feeing any ill/adverse/negagtive effects.

Simply put -

Emotions are energy, but a lot depends on the skill to actually harness that energy productively or read that energy and know where it is coming from. Many people don't even know what is up from down from their own stuff. And a lot of people need to do a lot of work on centring their own emotions first and get rid of their emotional dysfunctionals so they can learn what control and boundries are. On the flip side this is also why there are techniques which go hand in hand in learning to shield, ground and manage your own energies. There are so many different ways you can start to train in this regard from yoga to meditation to some form of martial art.

Basically to the empath or medium, having to deal with peoples pushy out of control or dysfunctional emo erruptions is about as rude as a person coming in and just talking loud over you each time you talk to the extent you can't hear yourself or think.

I hope these little examples help you better understand the relation between emotions and energy from both sides of the coin :tu:

Edited by SupeRgirl

Thank you, that did put it in a little bit of perspective for me. I've always been fascinated with Yoga and Martial Arts, particularly Kung Fu. But the problem is finding a dojo where I live. There aren't many martial arts dojos around here to begin with, and none of them offer kung fu and almost each one only focuses on MMA style fighting and I'm not into that, I'm more into the traditional style rather than just beating the crap out of each other to see who can win a belt and a title. I want to focus on building balance, agility, energy flow and discipline, not cauliflower ear.

I would stay of caution from this man, I saw the accident and was viewing it replaying it in my mind. It wasn't an accident, he was trying to actually commit sucicide..which was really weird, but I guess people will try anything. In fact that is why he ran in my opinon he was embrassed that he didn't commit it and a few other factors. I also think one of the main reasons this guy tried to kill himself because he had done some things in the past he wasn't proud of. I actually do want to say he had a family including a wife (dont know if she is ex now) along with one daughter.

The guy was probably in his late 30s, a smig overweight, was wearing a green/black shirt that was patched..like greeen square, black square..but its idk..how to describe it but ya, with blue jeans, medium brown eyes, he had almond eyes not oval, and his hair was somewhat short, 'prickly' as you would think of the short side burns coming down he had the full mustache on top and bottom of chin..again it was not 'thick' it was almost like buzzed..see if i can get a pic to show u what i mean, I believfe the guys hair to be a orange brown color..and its the natural color...but its not like orange orange its very sutle.

Thank you, that did put it in a little bit of perspective for me. I've always been fascinated with Yoga and Martial Arts, particularly Kung Fu. But the problem is finding a dojo where I live. There aren't many martial arts dojos around here to begin with, and none of them offer kung fu and almost each one only focuses on MMA style fighting and I'm not into that, I'm more into the traditional style rather than just beating the crap out of each other to see who can win a belt and a title. I want to focus on building balance, agility, energy flow and discipline, not cauliflower ear.

Aikido can fit into the description you are giving. This is somewhat in a nutshell, but the main goal of Aikido is not to provoke, but to neutralize the opponent in a manner that does not hurt them or you in any way possible. You have to pay extreme amount of attention on the opponent's stomach, since it moves first than anything else supposedly. We do some yoga here and there, though it might differ from dojo to dojo. Aikido is really into the energy flow thing, so you might also enjoy it there. As you might have guesses too, it requires extreme amount of discipline to not punch someone in the nose who has p***ed you off way too many times XD Qi gong focuses more onto the breath and energy flow, so you might want to do those two practices together; they complement each other perfectly. If you are getting interested then look up the practices on your own free time.

I would stay of caution from this man, I saw the accident and was viewing it replaying it in my mind. It wasn't an accident, he was trying to actually commit sucicide..which was really weird, but I guess people will try anything. In fact that is why he ran in my opinon he was embrassed that he didn't commit it and a few other factors. I also think one of the main reasons this guy tried to kill himself because he had done some things in the past he wasn't proud of. I actually do want to say he had a family including a wife (dont know if she is ex now) along with one daughter.

The guy was probably in his late 30s, a smig overweight, was wearing a green/black shirt that was patched..like greeen square, black square..but its idk..how to describe it but ya, with blue jeans, medium brown eyes, he had almond eyes not oval, and his hair was somewhat short, 'prickly' as you would think of the short side burns coming down he had the full mustache on top and bottom of chin..again it was not 'thick' it was almost like buzzed..see if i can get a pic to show u what i mean, I believfe the guys hair to be a orange brown color..and its the natural color...but its not like orange orange its very sutle.

Yeah that's about the description I got of him except for the hair, I got dark brown hair... Hmm... Tomato, tomotto I guess. I had sensed something was amiss, like when he was "crossing" the highway that he stopped in the middle of it.

I just got sort of a "flash" if you will of what happened the night of the crash. He was sitting in the truck thinking if this was a good idea (or something similar to that) and then he saw the headlights and that's when I snapped out of it, he didn't seem scared at all when he saw the lights, somewhat anxious like we would all get but not frightened. I, of course, got extremely anxious when I saw this through his eyes, it was very frightening to me. Reading your post triggered it and it came out of the blue, startling me greatly, I felt my heart leap.

I did try to connect with him again but I can't seem to get a hold of his mind. Which means one of two things (because he hasn't been found yet). He's either dead, or he sensed me and subconsciously blocked me out of his mind because he didn't like it (all subconsciously of course, I don't know if someone would be able to sense me in their mind because I don't know a lot about this yet).

He does have a past though, I heard someone talk about it. He has a wife and a daughter and he just got out of jail a few days ago, so I guess he was depressed.

I'm starting to learn a couple things about this new thing as I go though. I know that sometimes it can be triggered by different things. I know that I can connect consciously or subconsciously, meaning I need to learn to control it better. I know that I sense the feelings of the other person but I also feel my own feelings at the same time. Like when I just saw what he saw the night of the crash, it terrified me, it felt like the truck was right there and I'm still trying to catch my breath from that.

I believe again it was sucicide, secondly I highly doubt he knew that you were viewing in on him. Very few people (especially not the average) know when someone is viewing in on them, in remote viewing. Only a few will really feel that, very few will even know where the source is coming from. On the other hand a majority people know when they are being watched, but this isn't usually remmote view but actually in x distance of the person. It is amazing to see how many people 'feel' that they are being followed, usually they are..unless they are completely insane.

Glad your learning, feel free to inbox me if need be.

Ciao Ciao

I believe again it was sucicide, secondly I highly doubt he knew that you were viewing in on him. Very few people (especially not the average) know when someone is viewing in on them, in remote viewing. Only a few will really feel that, very few will even know where the source is coming from. On the other hand a majority people know when they are being watched, but this isn't usually remmote view but actually in x distance of the person. It is amazing to see how many people 'feel' that they are being followed, usually they are..unless they are completely insane.

Glad your learning, feel free to inbox me if need be.

Ciao Ciao

I am learning quite a bit and all of you are helping me to figure it out and for that I'm extremely grateful! You have no idea how much your responses, input and insight are helping me to figure this thing out. I haven't tried branching out yet, so far I've only tried connecting with this missing man, I feel a sort of connection with him, maybe because he's the first one I've connected with and I'm learning more about my new ability through him.

Could it be possible that I've always had this ability and it's just been lying dormant? And through the traumatic experience it brought itself out? Or maybe I only just acquired this ability?

I believe that everyone has these abilities 'dormant' or not, some notice, some do and don't want to care, and others just ignorant. It's not so much that no one can do it, it's to what varying degree that is the varience factor. Traumatic expierences can alter ones perception a lot, often times leading to some form of "enlightement" so that is not weird at all. DO not be afraid to try and see things and even be wrong, thats how we grow..trust me. I go up to people quiet often now and just tell them things, the number one key is confidence and actively listening to the person. Having no other thoughts of yours, but really keying into them.."absorbed" in them basically.

I wouldn't say you just aquired this, as for recognizing it was there, yes..but as just getting it out of no where..not so much. I think you are building upon a foundation rather and opening up to other possiblities/realms of communication.

angels, you should follow up on this story. check the local papers to see what actually happened in the crash

I know what actually happened in the crash, I was there not even 30 minutes after the crash happened and have three identical stories from different eye witnesses, one of them being my own sister and a man whose credentials are WAY off the charts. He was in the army and now he works as a prison guard, I would trust him with my life.