Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is this called?

Rickety

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rickety

• puridalan

• Hamlyn

• prairiechickin

i mean follow up what happened with the guy who ran. maybe they'll say in the paper why he ran from the crash

Just to 2nd that; also, try to find the place where he was running. If you saw which direction he was running away from the truck you might be able to get a lead on him. At least try to find his body, assuming he's dead, to give back to the family.

i mean follow up what happened with the guy who ran. maybe they'll say in the paper why he ran from the crash

But that's the thing. Nobody really knows. He just ran out of the blue for no apparent reason. I mean, after getting into his mind I know that he ran because he was scared of something, not really sure of what but he was definitely frightened of getting involved with the police and having people around him for some odd reason.

And when I say nobody knows... I mean nooooobody knows why. (except for me of course) he just up and left the scene, our friend only saw the crash and by the time he got back out there from telling my sister to dial 911 the guy was gone. I know he ran north-east from his position of the crash because when I snapped out of his mind my head shot in a north-eastern direction and I felt him moving in that direction. The only problem with going to look for him is: I have no cell service out here where I live and if I were to find him, then what do I do? I know I could go to the police but they would probably laugh when I tell them how I found him and call me a liar and a loony. I mean I could try to drag him out of the woods to the nearest building but then it'd look like I killed the guy and was dumping the body lol I mean I really wouldn't know what to do if I found him. (the police around here are very closed minded, back-woods hicks that wouldn't believe in a ghost if it was standing right in front of them.)

I do not feel that he his dead, as soon as the man was brought up again I said sucicide, and that it was UNsuccessful, the man isn't dead, at least not at the moment. Has it been five days now?

Secondly, if you tell police you found a dead body..they won't be laughing.

I am saying that the man IS not dead, and can be a danger for others due to his mental state. He isn't dead because hes still in 'his mode'...maybe after a few weeks he will think about doing sucicide again..but right now he won't try it until he finds a better method..which would be a gun, but he might have issues getting one. Anywho, that's my take on it.

Edited by puridalan

I do not feel that he his dead, as soon as the man was brought up again I said sucicide, and that it was UNsuccessful, the man isn't dead, at least not at the moment. Has it been five days now?

Secondly, if you tell police you found a dead body..they won't be laughing.

I am saying that the man IS not dead, and can be a danger for others due to his mental state. He isn't dead because hes still in 'his mode'...maybe after a few weeks he will think about doing sucicide again..but right now he won't try it until he finds a better method..which would be a gun, but he might have issues getting one. Anywho, that's my take on it.

It's been about 5 or 6 days yes. And I realize that I did imply that he was dead and I apologize, that wasn't my intention I got a little ahead of myself and forgot to think before I typed lol sorry about that. But based on the crash he should be dead, I mean from the state that truck was in, it's a miracle that he's still alive. On Sunday I might go looking for him, just because I'm really concerned about his well being. Are there any tips that you could maybe give me when it comes to preparing myself for that? I mean I know I'm gonna have to rely on instinct, tracking and my connection with him to find him but I haven't even embarked on finding him yet and I'm already getting nervous because I've never done this before and there's a lot at stake, I mean his life, his health and a whole myriad of other stuff, like explaining to my family where I've been, finding a place to park my car while I search and there's snakes in the woods out there so I gotta watch where I step lol. But I feel like I have to go looking for this guy, it's been eating at me and I've been trying to suppress the feeling but I can't really do it anymore, I gotta do something.

Tips, I got a million of 'em. You go in the woods much?

Umm... I used to a lot when I was a kid ad when I was in my early and middle teens. I haven't in maybe a year or two but I'm not scared to go out into the woods if that's what you're implying. Not p***ed, just sayin'

Umm... I used to a lot when I was a kid ad when I was in my early and middle teens. I haven't in maybe a year or two but I'm not scared to go out into the woods if that's what you're implying. Not p***ed, just sayin'

No, I wasn't even thinking scared. I was thinking more along the lines of equipment and habits.

If you go in the woods a lot, you're more likely to know what to bring, what to do, and what not to do.

For instance, don't wear cotton. :D

Not knowing your level of outdoor savvy, I dunno what tips to give you.

I just read this thread Angels Shadow, and since you're still on here, please clear a few things up for me. There was an accident back on the evening of the 17th. A small pickup was broadsided by a logging truck. The driver of the pickup ran away, and nobody has seen him since. You saw flashes of all this through the eyes of the pickup driver, and instead of trying to help an injured/dying man, you ran home and immediately start posting on UM to discuss your clairvoyant abilities.

Was there no discussion in the local media of this strange event? Did no one in your city/town call the police to report someone missing? Was there no license plate on the pickup that might help track down the driver? And you say you couldn't possibly go loooking for this poor accident victim because there's no cell phone service? Cell phones have only been around for less than 20 years, how do you suppose people conducted search and rescue before that? And how far do you suppose a critically injured man could have gone? So even though you, with your psychic ability, were the only one who might have helped this guy, you were more interested in internet chat that saving a life?

So either this is entirely made up, or you are one callous dude. As for the rest of you people posting on this thread, it took 3 or 4 days for anyone to ask the obvious question -- what happened to the victim? So assuming you believed Angels Shadow, did you really care more about the psychic possibilities than the fact there was an injured man laying out in the woods? What is this Called? Gullible or thoughtless, take your pick.

Yes, I do have a tip that may help you. Use a pendelum, not just any old one..no one that works for you and that is specalized to you. This could take some scanning over a lot of pendelums good quality ones to find which one suits you.

I also suggest, getting aereal views of the location and expand it out. From there print out the big expansion and scan your hand over the paper, and when you feel your hand get stiff or rather lots of impressed pain upon it, compared to the other areas which i call the 'hot spot'..you know you've found your target.

Penedlums are good finders, if you have the target in mind. It will find it for you, especially if its a good one. You can also try pointing that above the piece of paper and whatever direction it goes to is where you want to head.

Also be careful, I also program my one pendelum specifically for when I am walking alone at night. I program it to basically alert me when someone is watching/following me on the dot like clockwork it is my second set of eyes in the back of my head..so I always know if I am in danger or not.

Just a little trick you might like to use, though it doesn't make an excuse to be sloppy. Keep safe, I'll be thinking of you and him. Ciao

Prariechicken

The accident isn't made up (however I do not know the severity) I know because you'll see I knew that he had a wife and a daugther, and later this was verefied. And I wasn't even apart of this, I just saw through the words being spoken. I know a liar when I see one, she isn't lying trust me. THe only thing she could be lying on is the severity of the mans condition other than that everything is true.

Edited by puridalan

Prariechicken

The accident isn't made up (however I do not know the severity) I know because you'll see I knew that he had a wife and a daugther, and later this was verefied. And I wasn't even apart of this, I just saw through the words being spoken. I know a liar when I see one, she isn't lying trust me. THe only thing she could be lying on is the severity of the mans condition other than that everything is true.

How will I see that he had a wife and daughter?

Verified by who?

Rather than rely on your unerring ability to spot a lie on an internet site, what I'd like to see is some independent confirmation. Where did this happen? The local paper would have carried the story -- people don't just go missing from severe accidents every day. As much as your pendulum theory seems interesting, give me the exact location of the accident and via Google Earth I could tell you within 300 meters where the guy ended up. If he was as wounded as the OP claims, he didn't go far. But that is likely unnecessary though, since I'd be very surprised if Angels Shadow ever gives us the name of the town where this supposedly happened, because then it would be a simple matter of confirming his story. Sorry to be a thread killer, but this one has fantasy written all over it. Oh, and you are so in tune with this story, you thought Angel is a she -- he's really a he.

Edited by prairiechickin

Five days in the woods after a trauma like you describe is not going to happen, he would be gone in five hours. People can walk or run away from some amazing things do to the adrenalin or drugs in their system, but as soon as that wears off they better be in an ER. Also prairiechicken is correct about there being information found in the truck to identify the person and the missing persons report filed by this persons family.

On another note, with this supposed ability of yours what would happen if you were connected/ looking through the eyes of somebody who died?

Edited by Javril

There is nothing particularly unlikely about the story.

Driver fleeing the scene of the accident he caused: not unlikely, if he was able.

AngelsShadow couldn't very well be expected to go run off in the woods after him, at night, on a hunch and a vision. Nor would a rational person go tell the cops such a thing. So all of that makes sense, and all this stuff about it being highly fishy sounds paranoid to me. There's no reason to go calling the guy a liar.

It does seem odd that the authorities would not have combed the area for the guy, or his body.

Chances are, if we're talking about a guy running off in the woods after a wreck like that, we are talking body.

Nobody sits in the woods for a week in winter.

He's dead or he showed up in an ER somewhere or went back home somehow. Seems like the cops would find him, but hey, maybe they just said "driver fled," and the guy died in the woods, and they didn't bother looking for him. Maybe that's how they run things there.

So granted, it's a longshot, and the most substantial thing Angel is likely to find would be a dead body. But I don't see the harm in taking a little walk in the woods to see where the visions lead. If it's nowhere, then so much the better. If it's not nowhere, then he's done a good deed. Either way, no problem.

Angel, I'd go with you if I could, just to tote the pack and see what happens. But I'm sure you're 1000 miles from here.

I'm not sure how they do things in Larmie, but if I saw what Angels Shadow saw, my first concern would be for the injured driver, not what people on UM thought of my experience. And assuming the guy died out there, I might want to help the family out finding the body so the guy could have a proper burial. I mean really people, the general response to this thread is to explore the psychic anomolies here instead of tending to an injured/dead accident victim. As for thinking the guy just crawled off and died and nobody's looking for him, what planet are you from? Yes, I am calling Angels Shadow a liar, and according to the posting rules, making up phychic abilities is against the rules. So if this acident didn't happen, the OP is lying about his experience. So, I challenge AS to prove this accident even happened. If he does I will apologize for having ever doubted his story. If not, he should apologize to this Board for wasting our time with his fictional accounts of his paranormal abilities.

How will I see that he had a wife and daughter?

Verified by who?

Rather than rely on your unerring ability to spot a lie on an internet site, what I'd like to see is some independent confirmation. Where did this happen? The local paper would have carried the story -- people don't just go missing from severe accidents every day. As much as your pendulum theory seems interesting, give me the exact location of the accident and via Google Earth I could tell you within 300 meters where the guy ended up. If he was as wounded as the OP claims, he didn't go far. But that is likely unnecessary though, since I'd be very surprised if Angels Shadow ever gives us the name of the town where this supposedly happened, because then it would be a simple matter of confirming his story. Sorry to be a thread killer, but this one has fantasy written all over it. Oh, and you are so in tune with this story, you thought Angel is a she -- he's really a he.

you are my hero.

Personally, the guy in MY opinion was trying to commit sucicide, I do not think he care if he really dies or not. Secondly, yes I agree a news article or something about the accident would be nice. Thirdly, my penedulum 'theory' is only one way to track someone...it's just one tool, you can imply various others..it's not the end all be all method, if that's what you thought. And Ya, I called him a her..get over it, I was involved in the story not so much the OP, as looking at the story. So, what.

I am almost hundred pecent sure the accident did happen, now how it happened..that's an entirely different story. Yes, I do agree it would be nice to get an article.

So, what.

I am almost hundred pecent sure the accident did happen, now how it happened..that's an entirely different story. Yes, I do agree it would be nice to get an article.

So what? So being "almost one hundred per cent sure the accident did happen", I'm sure you won't mind staking your reputation on the fact that this event did indeed happen. Over the course of this thread you have enlightened us with various details stemming from your unique insight, and have assured us that you are certain all of this has indeed happened, including the actual motive (suicide) for the accident. So having told us all of this I assume you will be willing to apologize along with the OP if this accident never happened? I will indeed be watching with interest to haw events unfold on this thread, and I suspect Drj312 will be as well.

I will certainly apoglize IF the incident never did happen, however I will NOT apoglize if it did indeed happen and the severity of it from the OP was off..bc that is where we see different things.

But yes I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, IF I am wrong, believe me.

Yes, I am calling Angels Shadow a liar, and according to the posting rules, making up phychic abilities is against the rules.

It's also against the rules to be rude and abusive towards other members:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Granted, members are asked to provide accurate information:

2d. Accuracy: Do not post material that is knowingly or intentionally false, inaccurate or misleading.

However, when it comes to personal stories and experiences how such accounts be verified?

So if this acident didn't happen, the OP is lying about his experience.

I'm sure everyone realizes this.

So, I challenge AS to prove this accident even happened. If he does I will apologize for having ever doubted his story. If not, he should apologize to this Board for wasting our time with his fictional accounts of his paranormal abilities.

Well, if he wants to really convince others evidence beyond a story is probably necessary. However, calling someone out and starting an argument is unlikely to help matters very much either.

So, let's stop with the argumentative behaviour, it's unlikely to change matters.

If this was just another "I'm a werewolf" or "I saw the ghost of Lady Di" I would skip over it and never give a second thought. But what bothers me about this thread is that if all the readers who posted here believed this story, then they assumed the OP left a man dying or dead in the woods. And that never seemed to bother anyone, they were all more interested in the OP's supposed phychic abilities. I agree that not all stories can be verified, but this one can and should. The very fact that you, a moderator, is more interested in chastising me than finding out whether there's a dead or wounded man out there speaks volumes. Either you beleieve this story and don't care about the dead/dying man, or you think the OP is making all this up and that's quite fine. Let's all just make up stories and go round and round in circles telling each other increasingly tall tales. This post may get me banned, but if UM is just a forum for people's fantasies, I'll take my time elsewhere. All I'm asking for is verification that this story is true. That should be possible through the local media. That doesn't seem like too much to ask, considering a man's life might be at stake.

... The very fact that you, a moderator, is more interested in chastising me than finding out whether there's a dead or wounded man out there speaks volumes.

And pray tell how do I, an internet discussion site moderator, find out if this is real or not? If you seriously think a crime has been comitted I'd suggest you take the measures to contact law enforcement. Be advised though, that if this was a real event when the police arrived at the scene of the crash and there was no driver present a search would have been launched immediately.

Either you beleieve this story and don't care about the dead/dying man, or you think the OP is making all this up and that's quite fine.

Perhaps I think it's simply a story. May or may not be true. One thing I do know is that crashes such as this are investigated by law enforcement.

Let's all just make up stories and go round and round in circles telling each other increasingly tall tales. This post may get me banned, but if UM is just a forum for people's fantasies, I'll take my time elsewhere. All I'm asking for is verification that this story is true. That should be possible through the local media. That doesn't seem like too much to ask, considering a man's life might be at stake.

Then I suggest you look into it if you're worried that the local authorities aren't doing thier job properly.

It is tough to look into anything if the OP won't tell us where this event supposedly happened. I'm still waiting for that information.

Okay everyone calm down. I didn't read all of your posts because I saw the hostility in the first few and I don't want to have to read post after post of he said, she said okay! First of all I would like to say that, the reason I came home and posted it on here first is because I wanted to get some tips and some advice from my peers before aimlessly setting out on a potentially dangerous mission. You have no idea what kind of people live in these woods, they will shoot you in a heart beat just because you're in their yard, and that's not even an exaggeration, most of them are all dope up on pot, meth and crack to know who's a threat to them and who is not. So before you go calling me a heartless liar, why don't you start thinking about it from my point of view! And I'm sorry but I can not provide you with a news article or anything for my claim, this is a very small town and most news is by experience or peers. And the reason I say that there's no cell service so I can't go looking for him... Well actually that wasn't even the main reason, if you read my posts you'll find out. But the reason I made that a reason is because I wasn't born in the old days, so I don't really know what to do if I find him, calling someone would be the easiest route but seeing as how there's no cell service I can't. So stop the fighting please, I asked for advice, not arguments lol ^_^

And to satisfy your curiosity (and to get you to shut-up) prairiechickin, it happened in Brantley County, GA... Way out in the woods (God I hate it out here, I grew up in the suburbs, I can't stand the country lol)

Edited by AngelsShadow

Brantley County, GA...and which police station do you know is it, can you please give me a police station number. I will not give out your name, merely I wish to verify for myself if a accident did occur a few days ago. Thank you

By the way I know police stations and some file reports...some incidents happen and they don't put it in the news till 2 weeks later or more..and yes I know, because I was one of them.

Edited by puridalan