Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is this called?

Rickety

AS, you made a good choice to skip the hostile posts, and you're right that it is always good policy to put yourself in someone's shoes before you go calling them names. original.gif

What you did makes sense to me.

Now about going into those woods, you brought up something pretty serious. If it's private property, posted or occupied by paranoid drug fiends with guns, then I say the search is off as far as you're concerned. I know exactly the kind of place you mean, and although I'm pretty brave, I treat it like a radioactive waste dump. Steer clear and don't set foot.

If you still feel that you're being pulled to make sense of what happened, then use maps and intuition. Write down whatever you perceive. Validate or falsify your impressions later by getting the police report.

It boils down to this: either there is something to your visions on that night, or there isn't. You can find out.

As for the poor guy who smashed his car into the logging truck and ran off, I think his physical welfare is in other hands.

Edited by Hamlyn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rickety

• puridalan

• Hamlyn

• prairiechickin

If the local emergency services in the area are not looking for this person then there is a reason for it. If they are not searching then they probably found him somewhere and did not release the information. It is common for the police to not release all the information about crashes to the public.

Also

I asked this early and it may have gotten missed in the hatefest, say there was some sort of mental connection then what would be the consequences of the persons death while you were connected to them?

Brantley County, GA...and which police station do you know is it, can you please give me a police station number. I will not give out your name, merely I wish to verify for myself if a accident did occur a few days ago. Thank you

By the way I know police stations and some file reports...some incidents happen and they don't put it in the news till 2 weeks later or more..and yes I know, because I was one of them.

If you would like to get in contact with the local police, here is the number (912)-462-6141 don't be surprised to hear a deep southern drawl lol it's way out there and they speak very... Redneckish lol. Oh! And ask about the crash that happened on Post Road near the Paige's Gas Station.

If the local emergency services in the area are not looking for this person then there is a reason for it. If they are not searching then they probably found him somewhere and did not release the information. It is common for the police to not release all the information about crashes to the public.

Also

I asked this early and it may have gotten missed in the hatefest, say there was some sort of mental connection then what would be the consequences of the persons death while you were connected to them?

I do not know what would happen if he died while I was connected with him, I would hope that I would just snap back into my own consciousness. But knowing my luck it would be the other way around lol, I'd probably get stuck in his body and die along with him if luck had it's way with me lol.

Edited by AngelsShadow

And I'm sorry but I can not provide you with a news article or anything for my claim, this is a very small town and most news is by experience or peers. And to satisfy your curiosity (and to get you to shut-up) prairiechickin, it happened in Brantley County, GA... Way out in the woods (God I hate it out here, I grew up in the suburbs, I can't stand the country lol)

The phone number you gave us is for the sheriff's office in Nahunta, Georgia. A quick search reveals the name of your local newspaper is the Brantley Enterprise. Seems to me if you actually lived in this town, you'd know the name of your local paper. Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore, I've satisfied myself that there is no body out in the woods. You and your friends carry on with your little fantasy game.

The phone number you gave us is for the sheriff's office in Nahunta, Georgia. A quick search reveals the name of your local newspaper is the Brantley Enterprise. Seems to me if you actually lived in this town, you'd know the name of your local paper. Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore, I've satisfied myself that there is no body out in the woods. You and your friends carry on with your little fantasy game.

Oh my God! Are you serious! Okay then here! I live in Brantley County, GA. In the town of Hortense, there's the towns of Nahunta and Jesup neighboring Hortense. Then you got Glynn county which houses the city of Brunswick where the college that I'm about to get in my car and go to is, in a few minutes. I was taken from my friends and everything I ever knew and moved down here against my will by my parents and I hate it! I miss my hometown and all of my best friends, three in particular whom are just like brothers to me but I can't see them anymore because I live way out in freakin' Hortense, GA. Number 1.) what purpose would it serve to lie about something like this? Number 2.) shut you're freakin' mouth (you're lucky they have language blocker on here) because all you're doin' is trolling and trying to p*** me off and you're starting to do a pretty damn good job of it! Number 3.) Who the hell gave you the right to start calling people liars and start passing judgment on anyone?! How do I know that you're not lying about anything?

I mean what the hell?! Do I have to give you the name of every news paper, television station and radio station in the area just to "prove" to you that I live in the place I actually do live in?! You better be glad I'm not a moderator, some bad things might happen then. So in conclusion! Just your freakin' mouth! Quit trolling because it's not cool, it's immature! And lastly! Quit trying to pass judgment because you don't get that pleasure!

So have a nice frikkin' day!! I hope it's filled with all kinds of flowers and bunnies, all of which you're allergic too and have really sharp incisors and haven't eaten in days!

Prarie

YOu are wrong,(I expect an apology from you). First because of degradging another member that actually complied with your request and still you refused to do anything. You didn't call the freaking police number, I did..maybe that is what you should do AS I DID..but guess you don't have the balls to call..figures you're all fluff and no talk, and I talked to one of them and they did clarify about a wreck, guess your wrong.

Would you look at that, because I called the police number I actually DID get information verfying that there was a wreck. In fact I had to call back two times, because the guy working the night shift wasn't sure, but the other guys in the daytime did know. It blows my mind that you are going to critize and yet you didn't call the number..that is utterly ridiculous.

Look here kids, I don't have to prove anything. I said I don't believe the OP's story, and asked for proof. I got some half-baked excuse about no newspapers or cell phone coverage, and a county name and the sheriff's number. None of that is proof, and the onus is not on me to play detective, its on the OP to provide real proof, that is a citation from the local paper, which he said didn't exist. Right, he goes to college, but doesn't know the name of the local paper. Oh, and I called the sheriff's office and they never heard of Post Road or any accident, so where does that leave us? Anyway, I'm interrupting your fantasy game, so best get back to telling each other what magical powers you all have.

Anyway, I'm interrupting your fantasy game, so best get back to telling each other what magical powers you all have.

I am going to put my foot down with this and remind everyone that this is a internet discussion board designed for sharing and discussing stories and experiences. This is not a court room, nor a police station.

I think you prairiechicken leaving this thread is a good idea because i think the quizzing, baiting, hostility has gone quite far enough. If you don't like how something is being discussed you can say so, but watch your line when it comes to being utterly patronising and condescending towards others.

Finally, I am personally uncomfortable with the idea for the OP to go into these woods if he/she states it's not a safe environment to be in. It would be simply foolish to put yourself in that danger AngelsShadow.

If anyone has anything to say outside of what this thread is about, please Do Not respond in the thread. It is disallowed. You can contact me by PM or another member of staff.

Thanks.

778989-2-1.jpg Supergirl 778989-2-1.jpg

Unexplained Mysteries Senior Moderator

Edited by SupeRgirl

I am going to put my foot down with this and remind everyone that this is a internet discussion board designed for sharing and discussing stories and experiences. This is not a court room, nor a police station.

I think you prairiechicken leaving this thread is a good idea because i think the quizzing, baiting, hostility has gone quite far enough. If you don't like how something is being discussed you can say so, but watch your line when it comes to being utterly patronising and condescending towards others.

Finally, I am personally uncomfortable with the idea for the OP to go into these woods if he/she states it's not a safe environment to be in. It would be simply foolish to put yourself in that danger AngelsShadow.

If anyone has anything to say outside of what this thread is about, please Do Not respond in the thread. It is disallowed. You can contact me by PM or another member of staff.

Thanks.

778989-2-1.jpg Supergirl 778989-2-1.jpg

Unexplained Mysteries Senior Moderator

Woot! You rock SupeRgirl!!

I'm agreeing with what a lot of folks are saying about safety... If you know there's a dangerous area, it's smarter to stay away. If there might be dangerous people there too, extra smart to stay away. I don't know about anyone else, but I am way more scared of a living person with ill intent than most spooky things:).

This may be a far-fetched thought, but have you tried the local junk yards to see if the Ranger is there? Your OP makes it sound like it was totaled enough to be hauled away. I don't know what it's like by you, but by me even the most mangled wrecks go to the yard for parts and scrap and tend to sit for a while before they get picked apart.

And you might want to start keeping a serious journal of your experiences with this phenomena since you state having this sort of experience more than once, you never know what patterns or answers you might find :)

It got a little nuts in here.

I can go find Post Road on a map, for crying out loud. :D

It's the county line road and is very long. It even splits into New and Old Post Road.

I can understand a little skepticism, but I don't see the purpose of denying the existence of things that plainly do exist. rolleyes.gif

Oh well. What do you think about some of our suggestions, Angels?

Maps, maybe with that pendulum method? See what it tells you, then find out if you were right?

Is it possible that this person has been found and the local police did not know at the time of the call? It might be that state law enforcement has found this guy and have been slow to contact the local boys. It's happened where I work once or twice, I've pulled a guy out of a ditch with the provincial police right there and it took 3 days for the local guys to come looking for him.

I'd say don't go into the woods, leave it to Police or other Emergency Services. You will not endear yourself to the paramedics if you get hurt and they have to trudge through the woods to carry you out.

Edited by Javril

If it were the Okefenokee or some other park or government land, I'd say go ahead, as long as you know what you're doing, or you take someone along who does.

But private property inhabited by territorial gun-toting dope fiends? No way. :)

Maps and a pendulum are safe though.

Well, I think your suggestions are great! But honestly lol I don't know how to use a pendulum lol I don't know what to make it out of, I never really explored my psychic abilities to that degree so I don't know how to use or what to make it out of lol.

And I would like to say thank you to purlidan and SuperGirl. First of all to purlidan for actually doing the research about the wreck instead of just saying "It never happened!!" and for helping stick up for me, thanks!

And thanks to SuperGirl for putting your foot down lol, I've noticed that y'all have had to do that a lot here recently and I thank you for getting us all back on track! :)

And yeah lol I take Post Road to get home all the time lol just about every single night so I think I would know if it didn't exist lol. Unless I was hallucinating an imaginary road out in the middle of nowhere and seeing cars on it that weren't there then I don't know lol but yeah if others have pinpointed it on a map, maybe you should go and see for yourself before saying it's not real... Hmm... Just saying

You don't make them, you buy them..at least most do. They are of particular rocks, depending for each person, some rose quartz others amythest..really depends.

PM me for more

Edited by puridalan