Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hi im kineto's friend and im a psionic too

Lwr

You know what? I'm not going to continue this discussion, I already told you, believe me or not, it's your choice and I'm not gonna try to change your mind. But keep this one in mind. I said it was when I was younger, now correct me if I'm wrong but don't younger people have a higher tendency to have these kinetic "powers" than older people, because they're not fully developed and they can do things erratically?

There is no evidence of these powers in anyone, that is the problem, and a lot of the claims are beyond unrealistic.

And sorry but kids claiming to have super powers is not really evidence of anything.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Mattshark

• Lwr

• Rickety

Are claims are evidence. Take it like this. 100's of years ago, people reported sea monsters attacked their ships. people like you said they were fake. There was never evidence besides their claims. In 2004, we found the first ever Giant Squid. They put it together that the Giant Squids would actually come up and attack ships, and they were the sea monsters. So, before you say at the moment there is no proof besides our claims, don't say it is real.

Are claims are evidence. Take it like this. 100's of years ago, people reported sea monsters attacked their ships. people like you said they were fake. There was never evidence besides their claims. In 2004, we found the first ever Giant Squid. They put it together that the Giant Squids would actually come up and attack ships, and they were the sea monsters. So, before you say at the moment there is no proof besides our claims, don't say it is real.

Well this is wrong on numerous levels.

1) Claims are not evidence as they evidencing themselves.

2) Where did you get that rubbish about giant squid from, we have known about the for well over 100 years.

So before you try and use fallacious arguments again, think a little harder about your example.

I have a offer , and it will not last long....I am getting around $7,000.00 returned on my taxes in about 8 days....Anyone who can contact me , I will set up a meeting at Oregon University ( I will set it up after verification that "said" person will actually show up )....When you show proof ( of any of these " abilities" ) in a controlled environment as said above , I will hand over my check.

I know it is not a lot of money , but it is enough to pay for your flight and than some.....I can also point you to a 1 million dollar reward , but let's start with this.....

( I new JJ well , so I will also make a reward now )

I have a offer , and it will not last long....I am getting around $7,000.00 returned on my taxes in about 8 days....Anyone who can contact me , I will set up a meeting at Oregon University ( I will set it up after verification that "said" person will actually show up )....When you show proof ( of any of these " abilities" ) in a controlled environment as said above , I will hand over my check.

I know it is not a lot of money , but it is enough to pay for your flight and than some.....I can also point you to a 1 million dollar reward , but let's start with this.....

( I new JJ well , so I will also make a reward now )

I'm guessing you are talking about the Randi challenge? Man I would love to have that money about now, ha ha ha.

Back to topic....

I did have a couple of weird experiences of my own, though I still believe it was all just mere hallucinations. There was this one time I thought I teleported an ant. Mind you, this was when I still believed in psionics, so I had a good amount of confidence I could do it. I just woke up, so it's important to keep this in mind since the line between reality and imagination was blurry. Anyways, I was staring at the ant and focused on another spot on my wall. My mind went to a blank and my vision started to shake violently. The ant blurred out of existence, only to re-appear on the spot I wanted it to go. It became very frantic, moving around as if confused on what had just happened. Of course, I wasn't able to repeat it again afterwards. The evidence it was all a hallucination is after 5 minutes this happened I could not locate the ant again. I also just woke up when I did this-->Increased possibility I was in an altered state of consciousness. I had begun experimenting with hypnagogic imagery around this time also, so one must keep this in mind when they read my story.

Another similar experience is when during my dance class I was so tired because I had trouble sleeping last night (once again, take note of this). I was there early, so I was just laying down on my stomach on these wooden benches we have inside the dance studio. There are these rectangular holes that go vertical on the bench, so I was staring through one of them at the marley floor. There was this dustball that I thought was an ant. As such, I expected it to move. For a couple of seconds it didn't. Honestly, I was so tired and bored that I was 100% sure I could move it with my mind. Once I focused my environment got a little blurry and the dustball started moving with ease. After 10 seconds of playing around I realized what I was doing and I got scared. It gave a small kick once I focused again, then it went at a slow pace of moving around. I was skeptic at this point, so if it was an ant that was carrying some dust on it's back I gently blew on it. The dustball flew and disappeared while I was still watching it. I thought it had gone somewhere under I couldn't see, so I looked for about 10 seconds-->It was gone. Take note that I was tired and bored, so my mind could have constructed something out of mid-air for my own personal amusement.

This post is getting a little bit long, so long story short I had 2 other experiences way before these things happened that a tissue started moving on it's own spontaneously on top of my desktop (It was like 9:30 PM when this occured). I was still a psion at this time. Another experience was when a small piece of paper moved to wherever I wanted it to go, though this was like around 11:00 PM. I was still a psion and this only occured when I read something on the internet that we are all connected to each other in some way. A bulb went off in my head and all of a sudden my perception of everything increased 10x fold. I felt so intimate and connected to the small piece of paper I started to cry and the paper, as if listening and feeling with me, shaked on it's own. I had some mental issues at the time though, so this can also be attributed to mere hallucination.

I don't know if those experiences were real or not. Most likely they weren't. But make what you want with them.

Believe what you want to believe, I'm not gonna try to change your mind.

Little advice to all the non-skeptics: the best way to get a skeptic off your back and leave him frustrated is to tell him the above statement, stop trying to convince him and just agree to disagree. Not true for ALL skeptics but for the most part it's true for about 85% of skeptics.(in my experience anyway)

what skeptics has that worked on?

like, what ones have you got off your back with that, and got frustrated?

im just curious. i know you dont wanna prove anything you claim, but maybe you can at least prove that one. cant be too hard.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

No chance, the amount of energy required for this is far more than your body can do, sorry but you don't get to ignore the physical laws of the universe.

Okay, so tell us oh wise one, what are the 'laws of the universe' since you are so apt to tell us about such and say that because what you say is 'law' per your opinion. Seriously, NONE of us know what ALL the laws of the 'universe' are and nor can we even prove such. Okay, so we have gravity for our planet, that's a given, but it doesn't exactly go for the 'universe' now does it? If that was the case, then all planets would be falling.

So you care to elaborate with your potential PhD mind as to how the law of the universe works? I make this statement because I've seen your other posts, so now like you want for others, it's time to step up.

what skeptics has that worked on?

like, what ones have you got off your back with that, and got frustrated?

im just curious. i know you dont wanna prove anything you claim, but maybe you can at least prove that one. cant be too hard.

Seriously, is that all you do is come here and say to people that certain things don't exist? I mean seriously, if you have that much of an issue with psychic abilities, then stay in the skeptics forum where things like this belong. Your version of skepticism is more of a blatent slam against others rather than being any form of constructive.

Seriously, is that all you do is come here and say to people that certain things don't exist? I mean seriously, if you have that much of an issue with psychic abilities, then stay in the skeptics forum where things like this belong. Your version of skepticism is more of a blatent slam against others rather than being any form of constructive.

I agree too and that little thing about "Believe what you want to believe, I'm not gonna try to change your mind." I use that all the time but it doesn’t get someone off my back, I just use it to say that I respect their beliefs and that I’m not going to force them to believe something else. And there are many different types of skeptics in the world and not just the ones who bash peoples beliefs 24/7. I even consider myself a bit skeptic on some subjects such as real psychokinesis doesn’t exist yet ( example - picking up a truck and pushing it 300 feet or setting a crowd of people on fire ) anyone can move a piece of paper even I can do that. This is just my opinion so don’t get sand in your ( insert female body part here).

*EDIT* I forgot to add quotations.

Edited by Mark logan

So , no one wants my $7,000.00 ??????

Man , if I had these powers , I would be living the dream , that's for sure....

Until anyone takes me up on this , or proves they can do it , I say "they" are living a dream , big time....

Serious about my money , come and get it...Will even phone anyone interested for details....

so we have gravity for our planet, that's a given, but it doesn't exactly go for the 'universe' now does it? If that was the case, then all planets would be falling.

What? :blink: You gotta be kidding me. Falling toward what exactly? :no:

What if perception itself altered the way a person's own energy worked, the energy in their atoms and molecules - proteins, so that they used energy for growth and not "protection", from outside stressors? Someone sent me a very interesting 2 part video link to a biologist that began with how atoms are put together and ended with why prayer can heal people - it was quite fascinating.

Where did you read this Para? I would be interested to see more on that. It seems as if though it would be possible that perception could alter the way the body works and thus the energy and, I guess in some odd way, atoms are used. I recall on the news though that a family attempted prayer healing on their child and he died and now are being thrown in jail. Would this mean that he didn't have enough faith or his perception wasn't accurate enough for such?

What if perception itself altered the way a person's own energy worked, the energy in their atoms and molecules - proteins, so that they used energy for growth and not "protection", from outside stressors? Someone sent me a very interesting 2 part video link to a biologist that began with how atoms are put together and ended with why prayer can heal people - it was quite fascinating.

Similar conclusions were reached as a result of research on telepathy.

http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Mysteries-of-the-Mind/ESP-Researchers-Telepathy.html

These contradictory results have not yet been explained, but former Soviet scientists and psi researchers have since leaned away from the theory that telepathic signals are electromagnetic waves. Even more than in other scientific endeavors, parapsychologists must be certain to eliminate all prejudice from their minds. It is possible that a researcher's brain state may have as much effect on a subject as an intended telepathic signal. The early Soviet experiments may have shown that telepathy was electromagnetic in character because the investigators, under the heavy influence of the Italian Cazzamalli, wanted or expected them to show it. A prejudice that cannot be separated from the mind may be a decisive factor in any experiments involving psychic phenomena. These possibilities only add to the difficulty of conducting experiments, but they cannot be ignored.

Research into the nature of telepathy continues in parapsychological laboratories around the world. While telepathy is commonly thought of as mind-reading, psi researchers have commented that instances of telepathy in the laboratory seldom involve the actual perception of another's actual thoughts. And sometimes the information that the percipient receives from the agent does not really seem to have been an instance of mind-to-mind communication, but rather an example of clairvoyance. Once again it must be recalled that there is a great deal of "bleed-through" from one parapsychological phenomenon to another.

I think it would be wise to say that we really do not understand everything there is to know on this subject.

John

Okay, so tell us oh wise one, what are the 'laws of the universe' since you are so apt to tell us about such and say that because what you say is 'law' per your opinion. Seriously, NONE of us know what ALL the laws of the 'universe' are and nor can we even prove such. Okay, so we have gravity for our planet, that's a given, but it doesn't exactly go for the 'universe' now does it? If that was the case, then all planets would be falling.

So you care to elaborate with your potential PhD mind as to how the law of the universe works? I make this statement because I've seen your other posts, so now like you want for others, it's time to step up.

Ok, energy can not be created of destroyed, so the only energy your body has is what it consumes. Looking at around a 2000Kcal a day diet you need that to do what you do across the day, basically keeping your body running. Now lets look at the energy involved in altering the weather? Comparatively the difference is enormous. To produce a 6ms-1 wind, for one hour would be over 1000Kcal.

And yes, I am applying for Ph.D's thanks ;)

Problem with that is it just doesn't work with how our body works.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Courses/Bio104/cellresp.htm

ummm, but they Are falling. Around the center mass of gravity that theyre orbiting. thats why an astronaut 'floats' in space, because theyre in free fall.

this is new to you?

no. i say Why certain things dont exist. big difference. and i explain things to people, that arent sure of something (as i did above).

Ok, energy can not be created of destroyed, so the only energy your body has is what it consumes. Looking at around a 2000Kcal a day diet you need that to do what you do across the day, basically keeping your body running. Now lets look at the energy involved in altering the weather? Comparatively the difference is enormous. To produce a 6ms-1 wind, for one hour would be over 1000Kcal.

Just to add, sorry that is for wind pushing a pingpong ball at 6m per second and only over 1m squared.

Edited by Mattshark

And yes, I am applying for Ph.D's thanks ;)

Problem with that is it just doesn't work with how our body works.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Courses/Bio104/cellresp.htm

LOL...well we're not fully talking about altering the weather. Heck, a butterfly flapping it's wings for all we know could alter the weather in China :huh: but regardless, it would be impossible to say that it ISN'T possible, but maybe people are just coming to understand how things are feasible. There is a lot of potential with people, but science and 'theory' is always there to dismiss it. Why? Because we base things off of a 'norm'. In aspect, it would be like us going to different planets; without trying or even wanting to understand, we wouldn't be even remotely knowledgeable of them now.

ummm, but they Are falling. Around the center mass of gravity that theyre orbiting. thats why an astronaut 'floats' in space, because theyre in free fall.

this is new to you?

Again with the rudeness? And also if that was the case, why is the moon pulling away from Earth?

no. i say Why certain things dont exist. big difference. and i explain things to people, that arent sure of something (as i did above).

You say 'why' things don't exist because you like to push more than just skepticism on people with little to no explanation. Oh well though, at least others can at least give some explanation as to why they don't believe such to be plausible.

Again with the rudeness? And also if that was the case, why is the moon pulling away from Earth?

gravity. tidal forces with the earth and moon. simple.

id go into detail, but i dont wanna type. so i found this: http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=a&id=2195

You say 'why' things don't exist because you like to push more than just skepticism on people with little to no explanation. Oh well though, at least others can at least give some explanation as to why they don't believe such to be plausible.

i have. numerous times.

Haven't seen the OP in a while... I wonder why...

Matt (and Mulder), as I said, I saw a very interesting lecture video, two parts about an hour and a half each but the second was quite interesting, it not being 'about' healing necessarily, but most of it being his hypothesis (or theory) on how atomic structure and some scientific principles are outmoded and not actually accurate anymore and modern science is actually flawed because of this continuing on a trek that is already known to be wrong.

I don't know if I buy any of it, but it is at least a good attempt at a scientific (as far as I know) approach to "energy". Probably need to see the first video to get a full idea of his foundation, and I'm hoping the person who sent it to me is okay with me posting it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8506668136396723343#docid=-6568107389365915765

Back in the day I could control wind and temperature at will.

Many hurricanes were created by me and I was asked to perform my abilities in a controlled environment but unfortunately the environment they chose was too small for the birth of a hurricane and I was quick to explain this and show myself the door. rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I'm not even sure why the word kenisis even exists as there has never been even 1 example of such or maybe I missed hearing about a person proving it exists.....if so please point me to that article.

As it stands it seems that todays youth watch too many cartoons of characters with "abilities".

Where did my ole buddy JJ go?

P.S. This is my opinion and only an opinion although said opinion is based on fact.

Haven't seen the OP in a while... I wonder why...

Matt (and Mulder), as I said, I saw a very interesting lecture video, two parts about an hour and a half each but the second was quite interesting, it not being 'about' healing necessarily, but most of it being his hypothesis (or theory) on how atomic structure and some scientific principles are outmoded and not actually accurate anymore and modern science is actually flawed because of this continuing on a trek that is already known to be wrong.

I don't know if I buy any of it, but it is at least a good attempt at a scientific (as far as I know) approach to "energy". Probably need to see the first video to get a full idea of his foundation, and I'm hoping the person who sent it to me is okay with me posting it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8506668136396723343#docid=-6568107389365915765

Sorry Para, Lipton is pure pseudo-science, he basically is ignoring science to promote his religious belief. I sadly have seen his stuff a lot on religious and new age sites.