Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Destination Truth new season

Princess Serenity

Yeah. T.T DT comes back on March 18th at 10. :D I can't wait! Just a heads up for people looking forward to the new season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Princess Serenity

• Blink4567

• Dusk_Nightmare

I can not wait for the new season, I was, no joke, jumping with joy when I heard there was a fourth season coming so soon! I just love Josh Gates and his upbeat personality.:)

I can't wait for the new season either! I haven't missed an episode yet. I love his nerdy sense of humor.

It is a decent show , but sadly , if they actually " proved" anything , it would have been on national news all ready.....Meaning , another season of " nothing"....

surprise , surprise......

I don't know anyone that watches DT for the monsters, their investigative techniques are poor at best and Josh is probably the only one on the team who has any experience or training at all. It is, truly, a dreadful show.

If anyone watches DT, they watch it for Josh.

And I am no exception. ;D

Yeah. T.T DT comes back on March 18th at 10. :D I can't wait! Just a heads up for people looking forward to the new season.

Erm... the SyFy website states it returns Wednesday, March 17th.

Destination Truth rocks - I love Josh Gates. My favorite episodes are where they visited Chernobyl (extra creepy, that one, I don't know why) and the Japanese Suicide Forest. I could have lived without the one about the elves, though. Otherwise, I am glad the show has returned :yes:

The only thing good about this show is the concept. They just do not have the right people and equipment to do the job. The investigators all suck and are constantly scared and that is why they will never find anything. You are supposed to go toward the noise for example and figure out what is causing it instead of jumping and running at the first sign of what the so called investigators perceive as danger. Basically it is a reality show based on people running around in some remote area scared and going home with a tan and some vacation time.

Edited by Crumar

I don't know anyone that watches DT for the monsters, their investigative techniques are poor at best and Josh is probably the only one on the team who has any experience or training at all. It is, truly, a dreadful show.

Exactly! The other team members are annoying, and I don't think I would watch it at all if I were watching it in hopes of anything actually being discovered. DT is one of those shows that "works" because its got this extremely hilarious front man who knows its for entertainment.

I don't think Josh holds any illusions about why people love his show, and that's a welcome break from all the shows that take themselves too seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

destination truth is probably my favorite tv series. josh gates is one funny mofo!! i agree about the other investigators sucking though, especially the chicks.

Me neither! ;)

There was a marathon on today, anyone catch it? :D

I hate this show, but at the same time I love it. It cracks me up. But then I can't help but yelling at the screen (and sometimes I do) at how ridiculous some of the things they do are. I mean really! Why would you hire some of those people, theyr'e nothing but literal scaredy cats!

There was a marathon on today, anyone catch it? :D

I hate this show, but at the same time I love it. It cracks me up. But then I can't help but yelling at the screen (and sometimes I do) at how ridiculous some of the things they do are. I mean really! Why would you hire some of those people, theyr'e nothing but literal scaredy cats!

THERE WAS A MARATHON?! Oh god! DX I didn't catch it.

What episodes did they play?

Ok. Thanks, Ebony. <3

No problem! :D

I wish I coulda caught the thunderbird eppy, that one I haven't seen yet.

More than that though, I wanna see an episode where they investigate when it's light out...

I seem to recall an episode where one of the cast appeared to be yanked up from the ground. This was in a supposedly haunted forest which was in Romania, IIRC.

Anyway, I couldn't decide if it was just a good fake or a significant event!

But, yeah, I enjoy the show. Gates is a great entertainer!

I seem to recall an episode where one of the cast appeared to be yanked up from the ground. This was in a supposedly haunted forest which was in Romania, IIRC.

Anyway, I couldn't decide if it was just a good fake or a significant event!

But, yeah, I enjoy the show. Gates is a great entertainer!

are you talking about that haunted forest in japan? that one was pretty cool cause they caught what looked like an apparition rise up out of the ground. they also found the abandoned campsite of a camper that probably went out there to commit suicide.

No, it was the haunted forest in Romania. They investigated a large, bare circle in a forest where people reported seeing lights and hearing strange sounds. IMO the bit where the guy was jerked up was too easily faked, and given DT's general sketchiness, it's not something I would really think too deeply on.

Edited by ebonycrow

The only thing good about this show is the concept. They just do not have the right people and equipment to do the job. The investigators all suck and are constantly scared and that is why they will never find anything. You are supposed to go toward the noise for example and figure out what is causing it instead of jumping and running at the first sign of what the so called investigators perceive as danger. Basically it is a reality show based on people running around in some remote area scared and going home with a tan and some vacation time.

I keep watching this show hoping someday they might actually find something interesting. But like so many shows of its type, it always seems to end with the same question it starts with. I'm an analyst by profession and can honestly say that nothing this group does impresses me. It appears they just enjoy flying around the world under the premise of looking for mythical creatures. They spend a few hours poking around in the wilderness, letting their imaginations run wild and then hop a plane back to LA to review their so-called evidence. A real investigation would spend much more time in the area and review its findings on site so the researchers could go right back out and recheck themselves. This show, on the other hand, just seems intent on spending a lot of money on nothing.

I just watched the episode on the Thunderbird in Alaska. They went out at night looking for the bird saying it was nocturnal. How would they know that? The folks living in the area who said it has a 30-foot wing span certainly didn't see it flying in the night sky did they? If so, how could they have seen anything conclusive? Too much investigation goes on at night. They were looking for elves in Iceland in the dark. Why in the dark? Wouldn't the elves be sleeping at night if they're anything at all like humans? If I was an elf, I sure wouldn't be running around at night in the woods. If the villagers see them during the day, why did the team go at night? You only go at night if you don't really expect to find anything and want to turn every little twig that snaps into a close encounter. Very unprofessional investigators with big imaginations in my opinion.

I'd love to join one of these so-called investigations just for the laughs.

are you talking about that haunted forest in japan? that one was pretty cool cause they caught what looked like an apparition rise up out of the ground. they also found the abandoned campsite of a camper that probably went out there to commit suicide.

Ah, yes! I remember that episode also. This was a different one.

Needless to say, I enjoy watching what I call "Spook Shows." :D

I keep watching this show hoping someday they might actually find something interesting.

Not going to happen friend. The one time they did find anything was the yeti episode.

They found one VERY unconvincing footprint, and the story showed up on UM 6 months before

the show aired.

Very unprofessional investigators with big imaginations in my opinion.

That's why people watch the show. No one would watch it if they were taking it seriously.

I personally find the show hilarious and look forward to a new season.... does anyone remember the south american werewolf episode!? :lol:

A real investigation would spend much more time in the area and review its findings on site so the researchers could go right back out and recheck themselves.

I recall a very professional cryptid show about 10 years ago in which the invesitigators spent weeks in one area. One invesitigation would last several episodes. Most of the invesitigators took themselves extremely seriously.... sadly (while I personally enjoyed the

show) I believe it was cancelled mid-way into it's second season.

THERE WAS A MARATHON?! Oh god! DX I didn't catch it.

What episodes did they play?

9 hours worth! I only caught 7, but it was awsome! Ill be drunk by tomorrow, but I definatly have to see the lepruchan episode!

My favorite has to be the with circle in the middle of the forest. Josh makes fun of everyone, it's awsome. But the places he goes he's got balls. Even if they rarely get any evidence. (that we know of) Sharie is hot though.