Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Destination Truth new season

Princess Serenity

No, it was the haunted forest in Romania. They investigated a large, bare circle in a forest where people reported seeing lights and hearing strange sounds. IMO the bit where the guy was jerked up was too easily faked, and given DT's general sketchiness, it's not something I would really think too deeply on.

I agree, there are really about 20 people traveling with them, so in all it could easily be faked. Gotta remember the ScyFy crew. till awsome episode though!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Princess Serenity

• Blink4567

• bigdaddyinge

My fave was the island of the dolls episode. If there was ever any episode of some sort of ghost or monster hunting show that actually scared me, that one was it. Still gives me the creeps, even though I think it's faked ROFL

My fave was the island of the dolls episode. If there was ever any episode of some sort of ghost or monster hunting show that actually scared me, that one was it. Still gives me the creeps, even though I think it's faked ROFL

hahahahaaha! Well sitting in room with that many blinking, messed up dolls would creep anyone out. Its great how they sit in thr room "by themselves".

I never laughed so hard on that show before like when Josh said if this doll blinks right now I swear I'll p*** my pants. Then of course it happens and man I woke up everyone in my house in the middle of the night of laughter.

9 hours worth! I only caught 7, but it was awsome! Ill be drunk by tomorrow, but I definatly have to see the lepruchan episode!

My favorite has to be the with circle in the middle of the forest. Josh makes fun of everyone, it's awsome. But the places he goes he's got balls. Even if they rarely get any evidence. (that we know of) Sharie is hot though.

he does have balls, that's for sure. in that episode where they went to the bahamas in search of that giant octopus thing, he jumps right into the middle of a bunch of friggin sharks! nope, not me. then he went into that blue hole at night. guy's gotta be nuts.

I never laughed so hard on that show before like when Josh said if this doll blinks right now I swear I'll p*** my pants. Then of course it happens and man I woke up everyone in my house in the middle of the night of laughter.

I did the same thing, rofl. But that's exactly why I think it was faked, because the eye moves when he puts the antennae to the walkie near it, which makes me think it was magnetized. HOWEVER. There are shots previous to that, that you can catch the eye moving just to the side. I was watching with my brother and he caught it moving a couple of other times when no one was around it.

NOOOOOOOOO i forgot all about it!

*headdeskheaddeskheaddesk*

And I'm still confused about that heat signature that looked like a full body that disappeared as soon as it turned...

I thought the Leprechaun episode was pretty funny...

Yes, the leprechaun episode had "Party!" written all over it! :)

About the Masada episode, I think it boils down to 1 of these four:

1--good evidence of the paranormal

2--some kind of anomalous "echo" or reflection

3--a prank

4--faked

If it's 3 or 4, I would hate to have such a thing weighing on my conscience for the rest of my life, given the history of the Masada!

So what did you guys think of the show last night?

Here's a link to the full episode if you didn't catch it.:

Ghosts of Masada/The Leprechaun

http://www.syfy.com/rewind/?sid=32856&eid=1209452

I thought the Leprechaun segment was pretty funny...

*Spoiler*

And I'm still confused about that heat signature that looked like a full body that disappeared as soon as it turned...

I thought the Leprechaun episode was pretty funny...

Thanks for that man! I totally was recuperating and forgot all about it!

I have watched, and I am unimpressed. They brought Ryder back. WHY.

The thermal image was iffy, imo. I question it because Ryder freaks out at the slightest thing. If it was remotely mysterious or questionable, why didn't she lose her mind this go around? Unless she finally got herself under control, of course; and thank the gods if she did. I'm surprised she didn't freak out when her lamp went off, too. Man, I hope the rest of the episodes are like that. Nice. Calm. No screaming.

But I still think they could have a better investigator...

'Course, no surprise from me that they didn't find any hobbits leprechauns. You don't go looking for wee beasts, they find you! I'm curious about the heat signature under the tree though, what caused that?

Edited by ebonycrow

I have watched, and I am unimpressed. They brought Ryder back. WHY.

The thermal image was iffy, imo. I question it because Ryder freaks out at the slightest thing. If it was remotely mysterious or questionable, why didn't she lose her mind this go around? Unless she finally got herself under control, of course; and thank the gods if she did. I'm surprised she didn't freak out when her lamp went off, too. Man, I hope the rest of the episodes are like that. Nice. Calm. No screaming.

But I still think they could have a better investigator...

'Course, no surprise from me that they didn't find any hobbits leprechauns. You don't go looking for wee beasts, they find you! I'm curious about the heat signature under the tree though, what caused that?

Personally I liked the fact that they brought Ryder back. :) She adds to the humorous atmosphere of the show, her energy just draws me in for some reason. I enjoy watching her on Destination Truth. :yes:

I like the first one far more. The leprechauns one reminded of the elves. And when Josh was talking about it in the beginning, I was thinking "At least it's not elves." Sad that the bones were that of a chicken. :/

I missed Ryder. Love her too much.

I guess I'm the only one that can't stand Ryder. :rofl:

I guess I'm the only one that can't stand Ryder. :rofl:

Probably. ^^

She's hot so that helps block out any annoying things about her.

I don't even think she's good looking. But I hate that shows like GH and DT implement women only for the looks factor... GH used to have some good investigators, but they replaced them with "hot" girls that barely knew anything about anything. I hate that. DT's doing the same thing... But it's television, I guess I shouldn't expect anything more from a show that really has nothing to do with paranormal investigaton.

Dude, ryder is kind of annoying. I think Jaea is way hotter! And she speaks different languages. Ryder is sexy in the bathing suit though :), I wana see an episode with both of them see what happens. The leprechan episode was awsome, They never said anything about that glowing moss they found. The mountaintop evidence in Jeruselum was kool, he looked like a pheroecy, or whatever the priests were called.

She's hot so that helps block out any annoying things about her.

true dat! did ya see when they went swimming? under dem clothes, she be smokin!

I'm surprised they didn't do anymore real research (or show it at least) into those fairy-fort things (the supposed forts where the underground entrances are). I'm actually kind of curious myself...are those rock piles in circles a natural phenomenon or are they remnants of some old man-made structure or what?

Good show...combine the two things i love to watch on tv besides the nba: paranormal and travels...

I personally love this show, it cracks me up, mybe a few more pints would have unveiled the wee people, never the less, at last there was no screaming, why look for the paranormal if your gonna scream when you find it, never have undersood that☺

• 2 weeks later...

This show and Ghost Hunters are both guilty pleasures. I wonder if when they started out if the truth was actually thier guiding star? Did they actually ever believe in what they were doing, or has it always been about the money?. But I have seen too many episodes where after twenty minutes of nothing somebody is suddenly "touched" or some cardboard castmember suddenly whispers "Did you hear that" when there was clearly no sound to believe that they arent making most of this stuff up. The episode "in china" (more like chinatown New York lol) was especially guilty of this. Great idea and a great host keep me watching. Though I would be lieing if I didnt say that every so often the show makes me stop and ask "Holy S%#t... was that real?"

I like the show but IMO it's more of a travel adventure show than a serious investigation. Josh Gates is a good host and funny in a smarta$$ kind of way, but I certainly don't think he's "all that"!

I am getting very tired of " Ghost Hunting" on the show....I like Destination Truth , and Josh Gates ( mainly because he is a skeptic)...But isn't one "Ghost Hunters" show enough?....

Also , wouldn't it just suck to have a job like the team on Destination Truth , man , what a horrible job that would be.....

I would love to get paid to travel and have awesome adventures with Destination Truth team. I would only have a problem with being out in jungles and remote places that have giant spiders because I have a phobia of them.

This is my favorite paranormal show..I loved the last episode (where they went to that cemetary and there were all those open graves)

I watch Ghost Hunters too, but this show is so much more exciting and I love Josh's sense of humor.