Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Funny Episodes Of Sleep Paralysis

Crocodonk

Ok I have had some funny episodes of sleep paralysis, and here are the best ones.

I'll start from oldest to most recent.

When I was maybe 5 or 6.

I woke up, and at the foot of my bed was the Wolf from the Disney cartoon/movie "Sword In The Stone", and on both sides of the front of the bed was huge water heaters, and the Wolf reached under the covers, and started to tickle my feet.

It freaked me out so bad I slept with my legs pulled in till I was like 10. :lol:

About 2 years ago, (This one is by far the craziest!)

I was lying in bed, and the mini wagon from the classic Chuck Wagon Dog Food commercial made trip around the bed, and than out the bedroom door, and than shortly after that a bunch of dogs started coming in through the bedroom window, and a small dog made out of a 16oz plastic mountain dew bottle started licking my hand that was hanging over the side of the bed.

classic Chuck Wagon Dog Food commercial

About 1 year ago

I spent a night in a trailer where the bedroom is next to the kitchen, and I hear what sounds like a African American family of 5 unloading there groceries in the kitchen, and when I looked around the room I saw framed pictures of them.

That was funny cause I was thinking "wait a sec did somebody move in while I was a sleep", but I was to tired to care.

About 1 week ago.

I was sleeping downstairs on a Luv Sac (giant bean bag), and next to it is my 2 year old's mini dinner table.

I wake up to find a little girl in a dress jumping up, and down on the mini table, and I just wanted to tell her to go away I'm trying to sleep, but I'll I could manage was mrphh mmmm mmrph.

This one may one is just a recurring lucid dream I had as a kid.

I'm not sure how old I was, but I was still sleeping in a crib at the time (so i think)

I was downstairs in the basement, and my mom was doing laundry than she would go back upstairs, and ask if I wanted to go with her, and no, I stayed in the basement, but I would always ask her to save my cottage cheese that I had out (weird) A couple minutes after she went upstairs ALF from the TV show would appear from across the basement, but it was a white transparent evil ALF with glowing red eyes, and than I would wake up standing up in my crib looking out the window at the moon. I Had the same dream like 3 times

Another creepy one I had a couple times as a kid was a witch nailed me to a cross. :w00t:

Edited by Crocodonk

WOW! How very bizarre and funny hypnogogic stories, good to know some can just be weird and not necessarily frightening!

Thank you for sharing. Those are some funny episodes you had

When I was around 8 years old I had one of those beds that had poles coming up from all four corners, I woke in the middle of the night to what looked like flash lights flickering on and off from under my bed and a pixie popping its head in and out from behind the pole. Not only did i grow up to be scared of pixies but every night before i go to bed i look under the bed :w00t:

I think my experience would fall under hypnopompic hallucinations !!!

Edited by MsKatsipoulis
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing. Those are some funny episodes you had

When I was around 8 years old I had one of those beds that had poles coming up from all four corners, I woke in the middle of the night to what looked like flash lights flickering on and off from under my bed and a pixie popping its head in and out from behind the pole. Not only did i grow up to be scared of pixies but every night before i go to bed i look under the bed :w00t:

I think my experience would fall under hypnopompic hallucinations !!!

LOL, I like your story.

Is hypnopompic hallucinations similar to Sleep Paralysis? What would be the difference between the two?

I think the episode with the little girl was the closest to being Sleep Paralysis, and than maybe the other episodes where hypnopompic hallucinations.

Mine were never funny. The first I was about 8 - 10 yrs old. I had slept at a friends. She came in and said "Wendy wake up! My mom is making pancakes." Then she left the room. I opened my eyes and tried to get out of bed but could not move. I was paralyzed. I also could not breath. I don't know how long it lasted but my friend came back in eventually and said to hurry. I had been trying so hard to sit up and when she came back in the room it was like someone set a release switch and I just bolted straight up and sucked in a huge breath of air. (It scared the hell out of me)

I started having them a lot after that. Always paralyzed, sometimes unable to breath. Sometimes I would wake up and try to move but could not, and I would fight to stay awake but I felt drugged and I could not make myself stay awake or move. I felt like I was being pulled into a black pit of nothing. It wasn't until I started to study and journal my dreams that I finally was able to get a handle on it, and I rarely have ASP (Awake during Sleep Paralysis) now. If I do I am able to either wake up or turn it into a cool dream.

I had an experience several years ago when I was about sixteen. I was having an afternoon nap and dreamt someone placed a cushion over my face. The pressure was great and I could feel myself suffocating. I fought and struggled but with the lack of oxygen I could feel myself weakening. I was exhausted and decided I was going to die. I stopped struggling and total peace flooded my body, I was totally relaxed and believe I was experiencing what death would be like when suddenly my mother came in and woke me up. To this day I feel if she hadnt interrupted this experience, she would have later found me dead. Later on I decided to investigate my ancestry. I discovered that my great great grandfather and his father before him both drowned at sea. I just wondered if you carry some of the memories from your past relatives. Maybe I was experiencing their last moments.

Crazy stuff ts! Only realy slightly funny one was when i thought my girlfriend was a goblin. All i can say is, thank god i couldn't move at the time. :D

Man , I wish I could have those...Especially the Chuck Wagon one.....This is one of the best topics I have seen !

Were your parents Hippies?.....And , can you PM me your diet , and any legal drugs/vitamins you take?.....I would love to have those experiences !

:tu:

Man , I wish I could have those...Especially the Chuck Wagon one.....This is one of the best topics I have seen !

Were your parents Hippies?.....And , can you PM me your diet , and any legal drugs/vitamins you take?.....I would love to have those experiences !

:tu:

PM sent. :tu:

Ok I have had some funny episodes of sleep paralysis, and here are the best ones.

I'll start from oldest to most recent.

When I was maybe 5 or 6.

I woke up, and at the foot of my bed was the Wolf from the Disney cartoon/movie "Sword In The Stone", and on both sides of the front of the bed was huge water heaters, and the Wolf reached under the covers, and started to tickle my feet.

It freaked me out so bad I slept with my legs pulled in till I was like 10. :lol:

About 2 years ago, (This one is by far the craziest!)

I was lying in bed, and the mini wagon from the classic Chuck Wagon Dog Food commercial made trip around the bed, and than out the bedroom door, and than shortly after that a bunch of dogs started coming in through the bedroom window, and a small dog made out of a 16oz plastic mountain dew bottle started licking my hand that was hanging over the side of the bed.

classic Chuck Wagon Dog Food commercial

About 1 year ago

I spent a night in a trailer where the bedroom is next to the kitchen, and I hear what sounds like a African American family of 5 unloading there groceries in the kitchen, and when I looked around the room I saw framed pictures of them.

That was funny cause I was thinking "wait a sec did somebody move in while I was a sleep", but I was to tired to care.

About 1 week ago.

I was sleeping downstairs on a Luv Sac (giant bean bag), and next to it is my 2 year old's mini dinner table.

I wake up to find a little girl in a dress jumping up, and down on the mini table, and I just wanted to tell her to go away I'm trying to sleep, but I'll I could manage was mrphh mmmm mmrph.

This one may one is just a recurring lucid dream I had as a kid.

I'm not sure how old I was, but I was still sleeping in a crib at the time (so i think)

I was downstairs in the basement, and my mom was doing laundry than she would go back upstairs, and ask if I wanted to go with her, and no, I stayed in the basement, but I would always ask her to save my cottage cheese that I had out (weird) A couple minutes after she went upstairs ALF from the TV show would appear from across the basement, but it was a white transparent evil ALF with glowing red eyes, and than I would wake up standing up in my crib looking out the window at the moon. I Had the same dream like 3 times

Another creepy one I had a couple times as a kid was a witch nailed me to a cross. :w00t:

Sometimes when I lie on my right side, or at least 30% on my right, i feel my body slipping away to the point where i am definately awake, but my body is asleep and non-responsive, and sometimes i awake to find that i am fully awake and aware, but as before, i strain my hardest to move, but can't, or for fun, scream at the top of my lungs, and get nothing but a squeak.

About a year ago I was living in Oslo, toiling with insomnia, I frequently went 4-5 days with no sleep or at least not more than an hours worth of sleep, until I started hallucinating and almost got hit by a tram.

Anyway, I finally got some sleeping pills called Valergan, and my doctor told me I had to find my own dosage between one and three pills about an hour before going to sleep. He warned me I might be groggy the next day.

So I take one, I manage to fall asleep and wake up the next day feeling very good, after a nights rest. I stay on Valergan for awhile and get back into a normal sleeping pattern, so I try to stop - and back comes the Insomnia.

I try two pills and I feel abit groggy in the morning but nothing a cup of coffee cant fix. So just to see what happens at three pills, I try that one night.

The next day I wake up from the sound of my alarm clock and cant feel my body. The only thing I can move is my eyeballs, damn that was freaky. I soon passed out again from exhaustion and woke up in the middle of the night, and had an experience much like the kill bill scene where the woman has to wiggle her toes to slowly gain control of her body again.

This is abit off topic, but thought I'd share it regardless.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had ridiculously frequent episodes of sleep paralysis for three years now. Up until recently, it had gotten so bad that I was going to start a particular antidepressant that is known to stop SP, but I wasn't too keen on the side effects. I asked my Abnormal Psych professor about what I could do about the problem, as I was getting more and more stressed out and I was sleeping less and less. She gave me some disappointing advice: stress and abnormal sleep cycles will lead to more episodes. It becomes a vicious cycle when it gets out of hand, and it's a pain to break out of it. They say that you should avoid sleeping on your back and eating at night, but nothing conventional really helped me. I eventually had to drop a class and get some personal things straightened out before my stress level was under control enough that the episodes became less frequent. I mean, for a span of four months I was having up to eight episodes a week, sometimes three in one night.

My instances were never funny to me at the time they happened, but in hindsight I guess a few were amusing. The one that sticks in my mind as strangest included audio hallucinations of someone opening and shutting the front door multiple times. Footsteps in the next room followed, and then the sounds of a cabinet opening and rustling as if someone were looking for a snack. The footsteps came into my room, and I remember thinking that my sister had just come home from school. However, the digital clock read ten A.M. I was lying on my side, so I couldn't see the foot of my futon where the sounds were now present. And of course, I was completely paralyzed, so I couldn't shift to look. Now the footsteps walked around the back of my futon, which is impossible because the back of the futon is against the wall. I felt like someone was standing just over my head now, like it was taking steps to make sure I wouldn't see it. You know that tingle of anticipation you get when you feel someone just over your shoulder? I was waiting for it to grab me or attack. I heard another noise, of a snack bag being popped open... and then all I could hear was someone crunching chips over my head.

In order to pull myself out of these experiences, I have to calm down enough to realize what it is and focus all my energy on wiggling my toes. Once I have control of my toes, sensation starts to come back up my legs until I can move again. If anyone is having issues with reoccurring SP, I suggest getting up when you can move and walking around for a while. I don't know why this helps, but it almost always does for me.

Wow lucky you having good ones like that, even though at the time they might not have been. Good reading though.

My experiences of sleep paralysis is always very frightening where i would be in it for a while then jolt awake and that would happen 4-5 times before i could actually get to sleep. I have started meditating now and it has almost gone. Thank god for that.

I dont often get sleep paralysis but when I do I've noticed that I've fallen asleep more on my back. Ive had two recently and one only a few days ago which was weird.. It started off with the smoke alarm in my room starting to beep(in real life). It didnt beep during the day at all and it had kept me up the night before because it somehow managed to beep just as I was either falling asleep or whenever I rolled over(and it has new batteries). So in my sleepy stage I started to think it was like a motion sensor because it seemed to beep whenever I would move. Anyway it stopped beeping soon as I got out of bed in the morning and it didnt beep again all day until the next night about 3am. So this time I got out of bed and took it down from the roof and took out the battery and placed them both on the floor and while I was walking away to turn off the light(and cussing at it at the same time.. I was daring it to beep once more), it goes "beeeeeeeep". It made me laugh and it was spooky. I guess it had enough charge to do a final beep and the timing was perfect.

Anyway... when I went back to sleep I had sleep paralysis and I was hallucinating seeing a small white horse sitting next to my bed. I knew it was sleep paralysis so I just fought against it like I always do(but I am more calm now)and I was trying to turn myself over onto my chest more because I knew I would be able to stand if I could do that. It was like I thought if I could make my body roll over slightly then it would snap me out of the paralysis and so I was trying to do that. I mustve had my eyes open alittle though because as I was trying to do this I was watching a small white horse next to me and as I broke the hold of the paralysis the vision of the horse turned into my white fan thats sitting next to my bed. So I saw the horse change into the fan as I woke myself up, which was interesting to witness.

So I see how the mind makes things up but I always feel someone else is there. Its weird.

Edited by Kazahel

I had an interesting one where I fell asleep and the whole wall and doorway into the other room turned into a giant washing machine. I was just sitting there unable to move trying to figure out how an enormous washing machine got into my living room, and that now I could do ten loads at once!

• 2 weeks later...

My weirdest sleep paralysis moment was one night when I woke up next to my wife, unable to move anything but my eyes, and saw a wireframe circle made up of hundreds of triangles right above and slightly to the left of my waist, with one side of the circle glowing.

I guess it's better to dream of watching a shape render than seeing shadows and demons, though. :D

Last night I had an episode worth mentioning. I woke up (it felt more like surfacing slowly, almost transitioning from a dream) to find myself unable to move. I got the all-too-familiar sensation that someone was standing next to me, just out of my view. I rolled my eyes to the right to see a shape of a tall man with no facial features wearing a suit standing just away from my futon. All my sleep-glossed brain could think was "Holy zombie Jesus, Slenderman is watching me sleep." Strangely, I wasn't afraid. I was actually pretty excited that I was seeing Slenderman lol. When I was able to turn my head, he was gone and so was my enthusiasm.

I'm glad i don't have some of these! The only things like this i've ever had happen have not involved paralysis, but there have been small hallucinations and auditory stuff. The most recent one was a few months ago when i woke up one morning and as i lay on my back not moving i heard the most beautiful music i've ever experienced. I actually at the time thought that it was angels or something coming down to earth. I also remember wondering if it was really happening or was i dreaming it. It was real music, but it wasn't coming from a tv or a person playing it or anything. Once i got up and started being about, i decided it was some sort of sleep hallucination.

God i am jealous they sound like good ones and mine are all really scary. How come?? i feel so petrified when i have it. I guess it depends on what you are going through at the time, in life i mean. i only seem to get it when i am going through rough or stressful periods.

• 2 months later...

I experience these all the time, the most recent one I can think of was when I had a friend staying over and I dreamt that another friend called her and I was angry and wanted to tell her to shut up but I couldn't move or make any sounds, very frustrating.

This is one I've posted before somewhere else but I'll post it again because it was kinda funny.

Oh man I had one of those Old Hag dreams last night. I rarely get those.. I think its the second one I've ever had. I even went fully lucid and still couldnt do anything. I havent been able to sleep very good the last few nights cause I've got a flu or something, and last night I was watching the clock tick over every half an hour pretty much. At about 5:44 I mustve dosed off and I went into dreams straight away..

First I dreamt I stood up in my room and I was possessed.. I could feel this evil thing in me and I said to myself in a different voice(deep and evil sounding and like it had 100 other voices) that "I'm back and its time to have some fun". I felt like it wasnt even me standing up and it was really like I was possessed. Then I mustve woken up again or moved or something because I was back in bed and I felt I got punched on my right shoulder quite hard but I couldnt move to see what it was( I think I woke up in real life at that stage because it felt very real). It's hard for me to type this dream because it was all over place and I kept waking up and then going straight back into it.. anyway.. I then dreamt something like I was up at my parents house and I was trying to knock on the door(at about 5 in the morning)and then I found myself back at home I think or somewhere where my parents were telling me I had actually banged on the door in real life, which freaked me out because I then thought I had driven in my sleep in real life to do it.. So I felt like I was going mad and I couldnt tell what was real and what wasnt.

Anyway then I was back in bed and I couldnt move at all but I could see a black figure or something sitting next to the bed not too far away.. I got really angry at it because I couldnt move and I felt it was a demon and it was like I was drunk and couldnt stand up or anything. So I was yelling at it and saying that it was a ***** lol.. and I wasnt scared so much just p***ed off and I was trying to make it feel as if it must be a ***** if it wont let me move to take it on. lol. So I was yelling at it and saying "come on c*nt!" and stuff like that while trying to stand up. Kinda makes me laugh now cause even when I know I'm getting my ass kicked I still mouth off. Like I really felt it was demon hey.

Anyway I went fully lucid after awhile because I couldnt stand and it just triggered me off. And even when I was fully lucid I could hardly move. I found a metal bar which was above the bed(not one in real life)and I was holding it and trying to pull myself up with it, but I still couldnt raise myself up.. I could only move my arms alittle. Then I remember seeing a small donkey which was in the corner of the room.. it was only about knee high and was more like dog size. It was smiling at me and I was thinking "you little fu*king donkey I'm gonna get you too".. And because I was lucid I started to just try to use my mind to attack it instead of standing up. Like what I did was I used my fingers as guns(twin revolvers) and pointed them at the donkey and started to go "pew pew" lol... and it made the donkey move as if the bullets where landing just near its feet. So it began to move away and the further down the hallway it went(I was leaning out of bed almost at that stage) the more I kept.. shooting at it. lol. But the bullets everytime just landed near its feet and it was moving away very slowly like it was playing with me. It was showing me its donkey ass the mofo and I was just wishing I could stand up. It's head was of a donkey but its tail was actually a goats.

I mustve stood up somewhere along the line because I remember it was like trying to walk when really really drunk but my body was arched over so even though I was standing at some point I was arched over on almost a right angle. It was also like trying to walk through water so it was slow motion. Then I found myself in bed again and I was yelling at these images(it felt like the demon was changing its form constantly) and I just kept telling it that it was a *****, and that if the best it could do was hit me when I cant move.. then its a ***** demon.. and you wait till I stand up and get my control back.

Then I saw Captain John Luke Picard walk past the door.. lol(I have no idea where that came from hey).. and that was the only time I had full control so I used it and I stood up and ran over and just started to punch him in the back of his bald head. I hit him so many times and everytime I hit him he just moved forward from the strike until I had him in my kitchen. But that stage didnt last long and I just found myself back in bed again fully lucid and not being able to move again. It was super frustrating and I was just waiting for the sunlight to come into my room so that I would wake up in real life and not have to try to deal with this demon thing.

Then after still struggling to move and stand up/and wake myself up.. I noticed the sunlight had come into my room and I woke up in real life and saw that the time was about 6:14 I think. It was the first time I felt normal and that the demon had left. So yeah it was pretty freaky and scary because I was lucid and couldnt do anything.. but I wasnt actually scared of the demon thing.. I just kept mouthing off at it.

So mine are almost more like dream paralysis or something.