Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CURSED DYNASTIES!

cluey

I have read and learnt a lot about the Kennedy family and their mis fortune..........as much as a feel they where/are an ill fatted dynasty.............are we to truly believe a family can be cursed????........this is what i know of this family anyway.....................

As far as i know....there has never been any sworn curse against the Kennedy family.....a prominent political family in the United States.....the number of tragedies they have suffered far exceeds the average,and it does seem unnatural.

For Joe Kennedy.....the adage"money can't buy happiness"must have left a sour taste.A multi-millionaire by the age of 30,and father to 9 children,Joe appeared to have the midas touch.But although he and his wife Rose lived long comfortable lives,their children were famously ill-starred

In 1944 their eldest son,also called Joe.Died at the age of 29,when the bomber aircraft he was piloting exploded above the English channel.He was fighting in the second world war-a war which Joe senior had publicly advised the US against joining.His son's body was never found.His daughter Kathleen's husband,the marqis of Harrington,died in the same year,and Kathleen herself perished in an aircraft accident aged 29,in 1948,another daughter Rosemary,was institutionalized in 1941.

In 1960,second son John fitzgerald Kennedy became the 35th president of the US,fulfilling Joe seniors dearest ambition.But just 3 years later,the 46 year old was shot in the head by an assassin as his motor cavalcade drove through Dallas Texas.He and his wife Jackie had only recently lost their son Patric who had died just 2 days old.

So now the political aspiration's of Joe Kennedy lay with his son Robert.But within 5 years he was also dead,killed in Los Angeles while campaining for presidency.

If all the death's in the family were not hard enough to have to bear,the tragety was starting to compound...when youngest brother Teddy,a senator,was in a near fatal car accident in 1969.His car plunged from a bridge and sank into the water way at Chappaquiddick Island.....and although he struggled to get to safety....his ill fated passenger drowned..he was questioned as to why he didn't try and save his passenger...............the trouble never seemed to end.

Daughters Eunice,Patricia and Jean have appeared to remain unscathed from the trouble...but it gained momentum in 1999 when John Junior died in that plain crash..One of Roberts sons died of a drug over dose in 1984,while another was killed in a skiing accident in Aspen in 1997.Meanwhile ....Teddy Junior,son of Edward,was struck down with cancer and ended up having to have a leg amputated.

Joe Kennedy Senior saw only a portion of all these disasters...he died in 1969,aged 81.....One has to wonder.........were his children the pawns of a cursed fate????.....or simply the victims of aberrant behaviour and poor judgement???...perhaps the real victim was Rose.....who lived until the age of 104....scarred by the misfortunes that that piled upon her children and grandchildren.........

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marby

• cluey

• TheSearcher

• Leonardo

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest. I try to stay away from the ideal of magic to much. Couse when i talk about it i can't help to be overly hopefull witch affect's my opinon from facts. But the ideal of a curse could be verry likly possably just following the rule's of karma. But you also have to look from th epoint of coincadent. I think it just all depends on how you belive couse there not enough proof eather way.

To be honest. I try to stay away from the ideal of magic to much. Couse when i talk about it i can't help to be overly hopefull witch affect's my opinon from facts. But the ideal of a curse could be verry likly possably just following the rule's of karma. But you also have to look from th epoint of coincadent. I think it just all depends on how you belive couse there not enough proof eather way.

lol.....i'm not stating i believe in curses.........it's an open discussion......i just provided facts!!!!!!

lol.....i'm not stating i believe in curses.........it's an open discussion......i just provided facts!!!!!!

Coincidences don't necessarily have to be linked by anything, much less something as left field as magic. Those coincidences are odd, I admit, but I doubt that there's anything supernatural working behind the scenes. Just my opinion. :)

Also, I'm fairly sure that this thread would be more appropriate in the "Modern Mysteries" forum, as this board is dedicated to Cryptozoology (and myths and legends surrounding it). :tu:

Yes, I believe you are on the money in saying the kennedys are cursed or subject of the cursed. Someone along the line MUST have sold their soul to the devil and in return the devil is collecting what is now rightfully his. Muhahaha... no serious... something really is mysterious about the kennedy's and I am glad I am not one.

edit: perhaps Rose sold her soul... since she is the one who lived the longest and suffered through all of the tragedies.

Edited by j b

Yes, I believe you are on the money in saying the kennedys are cursed or subject of the cursed. Someone along the line MUST have sold their soul to the devil and in return the devil is collecting what is now rightfully his. Muhahaha... no serious... something really is mysterious about the kennedy's and I am glad I am not one.

edit: perhaps Rose sold her soul... since she is the one who lived the longest and suffered through all of the tragedies.

lol....so true.........but look at Jacki........she herself lived to a good age.............went through a lot in her life...............but died naturally..........i'm glad i'm not one either..............oh.......no worries shade-scan.......i'm on it.....and will get it moved......cheers!!!!

There is no doubt that the Kennedy family has seen quite a bit of tragedy, but I do not think that they are cursed. For one, I don't believe in curses, but even if I did, I would still say that the Kennedys aren't cursed.

The tragedies that have visited the Kennedy family have spanned several generations. If you look through any family history, you will find tragedy of some sort. In my own family, I can say that each generation that I have researched or been a part of has experienced some sort of tragedy or another involving a life cut short. While the numbers don't quite compare to the Kennedys, my family, and I would guess that many families, aren't as large as the Kennedy family, which brings me to my next point...

The Kennedy family is huge. With those types of numbers, you are bound to have a bigger number of tragic events.

Not only are they a huge family, but for generations, they have been a high profile family. They are American royalty, and if the Kennedy dog raids the neighbor's garbage, it makes the news. :P When something bad happens, you can guarantee that it's going to get coverage and there will be at least one, if not more, books written about it. My aunt, who is fascinated with the Kennedys has an entire bookcase in her house filled with books about the Kennedys. I'm honestly surprised that a Kennedy family dog doesn't have its own tell-all. Point being, it is easy to think that nothing good ever happens to these people because we don't hear about those things unless we are reading an obituary or someone gets arrested.

Being that high profile and wealthy, particularly in the world of politics means that you will have a lot of enemies. JFK and RFK were at the height of their political power when they were murdered, during a very difficult time of change in American history.

The Kennedys work hard and play hard. They have expensive and dangerous hobbies. Even if you were to take that away, they travel far more than the average person which means that they have a bigger chance of dying in an accident like Kathleen did.

The Chappaquiddik (I'll never spell that correctly) Incident certainly prevented Ted Kennedy from ever running for president, but it hardly ruined his career. He was a powerful and highly respected Senator. He had his problems, including alcoholism, but he enjoyed a long life and a successful political career.

Sure, there has been a lot of tragedy in the Kennedy family, but I wouldn't call it a curse.

There is no doubt that the Kennedy family has seen quite a bit of tragedy, but I do not think that they are cursed. For one, I don't believe in curses, but even if I did, I would still say that the Kennedys aren't cursed.

The tragedies that have visited the Kennedy family have spanned several generations. If you look through any family history, you will find tragedy of some sort. In my own family, I can say that each generation that I have researched or been a part of has experienced some sort of tragedy or another involving a life cut short. While the numbers don't quite compare to the Kennedys, my family, and I would guess that many families, aren't as large as the Kennedy family, which brings me to my next point...

The Kennedy family is huge. With those types of numbers, you are bound to have a bigger number of tragic events.

Not only are they a huge family, but for generations, they have been a high profile family. They are American royalty, and if the Kennedy dog raids the neighbor's garbage, it makes the news. :P When something bad happens, you can guarantee that it's going to get coverage and there will be at least one, if not more, books written about it. My aunt, who is fascinated with the Kennedys has an entire bookcase in her house filled with books about the Kennedys. I'm honestly surprised that a Kennedy family dog doesn't have its own tell-all. Point being, it is easy to think that nothing good ever happens to these people because we don't hear about those things unless we are reading an obituary or someone gets arrested.

Being that high profile and wealthy, particularly in the world of politics means that you will have a lot of enemies. JFK and RFK were at the height of their political power when they were murdered, during a very difficult time of change in American history.

The Kennedys work hard and play hard. They have expensive and dangerous hobbies. Even if you were to take that away, they travel far more than the average person which means that they have a bigger chance of dying in an accident like Kathleen did.

The Chappaquiddik (I'll never spell that correctly) Incident certainly prevented Ted Kennedy from ever running for president, but it hardly ruined his career. He was a powerful and highly respected Senator. He had his problems, including alcoholism, but he enjoyed a long life and a successful political career.

Sure, there has been a lot of tragedy in the Kennedy family, but I wouldn't call it a curse.

These two facts explain most of it. Add to this the two deaths during the war, in which this has happened to more families than the Kennedy's, it's actually not so surprising. Curse? No, not as such.

These two facts explain most of it. Add to this the two deaths during the war, in which this has happened to more families than the Kennedy's, it's actually not so surprising. Curse? No, not as such.

Agreed. There are plenty of families that lost more than two members during the war as well, no doubt.

Being that high profile and wealthy, particularly in the world of politics means that you will have a lot of enemies.

Not only that, Marby, but being high profile means attracting a lot of media attention. I truly doubt the Kennedy's are exceptional in the family tragedies they have had to suffer through, it's just that those tragedies have been brought to many people's attention through the media.

Not only that, Marby, but being high profile means attracting a lot of media attention. I truly doubt the Kennedy's are exceptional in the family tragedies they have had to suffer through, it's just that those tragedies have been brought to many people's attention through the media.

Point well made Leonardo. Should have added that one myself. Curse you and that huge brain of yours!! :devil:

Exactly, Leonardo. We never hear about it when a Kennedy wins a spelling bee or when a Kennedy successfully has a bunion removed. Yet, we hear about it if they lose the spelling bee or get the bunion!