Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island

Ove

gobeklitepe.jpggobeklitepetempel.jpg

Stone circles of Göbekli Tepe made 12 000 years ago

14uq8h.jpg2lbe36b.jpg

Easter Island statues of ancestors (gods) made 600 years ago

gobeklitepe0401.jpghands1o.jpgfopq85.jpggobeklitepedeyenibulgul.jpg

Göbekli Tepe statues of ancestors (gods) made 12 000 years ago

birdman4.gifcarved20stone20columns2.jpg

Bird-Man Easter Island 600 years ago and Bird-Man Göbekli Tepe 12 000 years ago

Edited by Ove

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightly

• Ove

• Giavanna

• kmt_sesh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ove,

Interesting pictures. For discussion purposes it would be helpful if you posted some commentary on the similarites.

The Göbekli Tepe 12 000 year old stone circles are statues of ancestors (gods)

Look at the long arms and long fingers of the Göbekli Tepe statues.

They hold their hands on the belly like the Easter Island statues do.

Look at the Göbekli Tepe Bird-Man, his sitting like the Easter Island Bird-Man do.

Look at the Göbekli Tepe Bird-Man, his sitting like the Easter Island Bird-Man do.

The Easter Island statues and Göbekli Tepe have no connection at all.

What is this all about, eh? Someone on drugs or what??

hi Ove, ..this image post-86645-126687710124_thumb.jpg is of something on Easter Island? .. because i've seen those EXACT same basket looking things ,at the top of the image, somewhere else.... in Sumerian Reliefs i think.

Edited by lightlyy

I'll call it parallel developement. When a society has roughly the same level of tools and resources, the structures and decorations they build will look roughly alike.

or was that carving from Turkey? i got confused... but anyway BINGO! first search of (Sumerian reliefs) turned up these Assyrian reliefs.. with the basket thingys. I swear i've seen those somewhere else TOO.

post-86645-126687802708_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126687805138_thumb.jpg

to be honest i dont see any similarity between the Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island (even though i buy the ancient astronaut thing :) if thats what youre aiming at)

lightlyy,

im not sure, but i think those are supposed to be depictions of the annunaki

there are many depictions of gods with "baskets" and gods wearing "wristwatches", i agree! :)

lightlyy,

im not sure, but i think those are supposed to be depictions of the annunaki

there are many depictions of gods with "baskets" and gods wearing "wristwatches", i agree! :)

Not, by definition, if they are /Sumerian/ carvings. The Sumerians predate any mention of the Annunaki -- it's like calling an ancient Gaul a Luxembourger. One term is useless in relation to the other.

--Jaylemurph

Not, by definition, if they are /Sumerian/ carvings. The Sumerians predate any mention of the Annunaki -- it's like calling an ancient Gaul a Luxembourger. One term is useless in relation to the other.

--Jaylemurph

hi Jaylemurph, i mistakenly thought Sumerian when i saw the image in Ove's post.. the site i got the relief images from said they were Assyrian.. ( later, right?) the larger image with more figures was in the palace of Nimrud , according to the site. ( i didn't save the web address.. it was just a site that sold duplicates) . . . i don't know if the Assyrians were associated with Annunaki. ?¿?

I'm still curious about the basket looking objects.. i've seen and read about those before but can't remember where or what they were for , just that they were Important somehow. ... i've seen them depicted with off center handles.. , thanks for helping us with the timelines .

Some depictions of Boudha hold their hands on their bellies too, but that does not mean that there is any connection at all.

Over 11.000 years of time in between the two is just too much of a leap really. Sorry.

I'll call it parallel developement. When a society has roughly the same level of tools and resources, the structures and decorations they build will look roughly alike.

Like the pyramids in Africa, Asia and South America. The mental imagery of the first primitive societies, lives on, in the collective memory of the different societies around the world. Thats way things reaper in different locations and centuries.

hi Ove, ..this image post-86645-126687710124_thumb.jpg is of something on Easter Island? .. because i've seen those EXACT same basket looking things ,at the top of the image, somewhere else.... in Sumerian Reliefs i think.

or was that carving from Turkey? i got confused... but anyway BINGO! first search of (Sumerian reliefs) turned up these Assyrian reliefs.. with the basket thingys. I swear i've seen those somewhere else TOO.

post-86645-126687802708_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126687805138_thumb.jpg

Fantastic lightlyy, this is the Bird-Man with the basket 9 000 years after Göbekli Tepe Bird-Man sitting under the baskets.

eagleheadspirit.jpgcarved20stone20columns2.jpg

Edited by Ove

Some depictions of Boudha hold their hands on their bellies too, but that does not mean that there is any connection at all.

Over 11.000 years of time in between the two is just too much of a leap really. Sorry.

Why not ? Buddha statues have long fingers just like the Easter Island and Göbekli Tepe statues do.

Buddha picture 1

Buddha picture 2

Buddha picture 3

Buddha picture 4

2lbe36b.jpg

Edited by Ove

http://lexicorient.com/e.o/assyria.htm

Ancient World / Mesopotamia /

Assyria

ashur, assur (Ancient)

Ancient country in the Middle East, with centre in modern Iraq along the Tigris river. At its height in the 7th century BCE, Assyria also covered areas in modern eastern Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, western Iran, Kuwait and Egypt.

Society and Economy

Basic to the central region of Assyria was farming, fed by both the Tigris river and water from the Armenian mountains in the north, and the Zagros mountains in the east. With the expansion of Assyria, more land brought other economies, like mining and forestry.

It is believed that Assyria's civilization resulted from the immigration of an unknown people into the area around 6000 BCE. This was followed by Semitic immigration about 3 millenia later.

( Strong influence from the Sumerian civilization in southern Mesopotamia.)

Edited by lightlyy

Why not ? Buddha statues have long fingers just like the Easter Island and Göbekli Tepe statues do.

Buddha picture 1

Buddha picture 2

Buddha picture 3

Buddha picture 4

2lbe36b.jpg

Which proves exactly nothing. Seems to me like you are desperately trying to link all cultures, in any way possible. why?

hi Ove, pardon me for taking your topic Off topic? i just wanted to show other sources of the strange 'basket' thingys.. which , as it turns out.. are actually more likely to be representations of Water buckets.. ( i KNEW i had seen those things before... and vaguely remembered their importance.) ... The images below show Sumerian Gods watering the tree of life.. ( and picking what are either pine cones or PINEAL glands! from the tree of life )

anyway.... then images of the Adapa (sumerian) fish men... later renamed by the Greeks as Oannes. Thanks for sharing your thread with me to show this stuff :)

post-86645-126701967684_thumb.jpg post-86645-126701972251_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126701979211_thumb.jpg post-86645-12670198318_thumb.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/sumergods.html

http://www.bibleorigins.net/AdapaAdamPicturesFishmen.html

Edited by lightlyy

There are certainly things you could call similar but are they evidence of a connection? It is doubtful as just as many if not more things are decidedly different. Certain forms just seem be natural or even easier for humans to carve into stone. Man has long admired birds for their gift of flight and has routinely placed them prominently in symbolic artwork. This is not necessarily evidence of a connection.

There are certainly things you could call similar but are they evidence of a connection? It is doubtful as just as many if not more things are decidedly different. Certain forms just seem be natural or even easier for humans to carve into stone. Man has long admired birds for their gift of flight and has routinely placed them prominently in symbolic artwork. This is not necessarily evidence of a connection.

Similarity in form is no evidence of causal connection. There are very limited ways to depict a 'bird-man' such that the figure is obviously avian and obviously human. Naturally these depictions are going to resemble each other in unrelated and unconnected cultures.

Göbekli Tepe ... (Turkey, 12000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704437837_thumb.jpg

Sumerian ... ( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?)

if these images don't show ,they are above in post #19.

Assyrian ... (Iraq, 3000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704416953_thumb.jpg

this is off Ove's topic of a possible connection between Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island...

I'm just Interested that the 'basket' looking containers in these images[/u] seem to span a period of 9000 years! . ?¿?

And, i'm wondering what they are... baskets for picking 'fruit' from the tree of life ..or.. "water of life" containers for watering the tree of life. ?¿?

It seems that they were an important symbol for a very long time?

Edited by lightlyy

Göbekli Tepe ... (Turkey, 12000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704437837_thumb.jpg

Sumerian ... ( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?)

if these images don't show ,they are above in post #19.

Assyrian ... (Iraq, 3000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704416953_thumb.jpg

this is off Ove's topic of a possible connection between Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island...

I'm just Interested that the 'basket' looking containers in these images[/u] seem to span a period of 9000 years! . ?¿?

And, i'm wondering what they are... baskets for picking 'fruit' from the tree of life ..or.. "water of life" containers for watering the tree of life. ?¿?

It seems that they were an important symbol for a very long time?

Hi Lightlyy;

That would be a long time for an idea (basket) to remain unchanged.

Also is the object carried in the other hand a corn cob, the fruit from the tree of life looks a bit like corn?

I noticed a couple of Assyrian looking reliefs in the crespi collection.

http://www.atlantisbolivia.org/boliviaandthesumerianconnection.htm

Cheers...

edited to fix link

Edited by jules99

Hi Lightlyy;

That would be a long time for an idea (basket) to remain unchanged.

Also is the object carried in the other hand a corn cob, the fruit from the tree of life looks a bit like corn?

I noticed a couple of Assyrian looking reliefs in the crespi collection.

http://www.atlantisbolivia.org/boliviaandthesumerianconnection.htm

Cheers...

edited to fix link

cheers Jules, YES, 9000 years would be a long time for an idea to remain unchanged .. And that appears to be the case !

If this first image was found in Ecuador ... and the second image was found in ,what was, Sumeria...somebody has some splainin to do ! The images are basically Identical . Except the one from Ecuador looks as if part of his right arm ,and the tree of life, is missing.

and YES.. it does look like corn... i don't know what it represents ?¿?

Great Link, Thanks, dang dial up connection only revealed the first few images tho :(

post-86645-126705335668_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126705346825_thumb.jpg

( could be proof that even Gods have to hold their wives purses sometimes ? ) :lol:

Edited by lightlyy

cheers Jules, YES, 9000 years would be a long time for an idea to remain unchanged .. And that appears to be the case !

If this first image was found in Ecuador ... and the second image was found in ,what was, Sumeria...somebody has some splainin to do ! The images are basically Identical . Except the one from Ecuador looks as if part of his right arm ,and the tree of life, is missing.

and YES.. it does look like corn... i don't know what it represents ?¿?

Great Link, Thanks, dang dial up connection only revealed the first few images tho :(

post-86645-126705335668_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126705346825_thumb.jpg

( could be proof that even Gods have to hold their wives purses sometimes ? ) :lol:

Has it occurred to you that it might just be a bucket for example? This said, certain objects, like buckets or baskets, can only have so many forms. It stands to reason that the primitive first form, would be the most practical one, and most likely look quite the same.