Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island

Ove

Göbekli Tepe ... (Turkey, 12000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704437837_thumb.jpg

Sumerian ... ( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?)

if these images don't show ,they are above in post #19.

post-86645-126701967684_thumb.jpg post-86645-126701972251_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126701979211_thumb.jpg post-86645-12670198318_thumb.jpg

Assyrian ... (Iraq, 3000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704416953_thumb.jpg

this is off Ove's topic of a possible connection between Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island...

I'm just Interested that the 'basket' looking containers in these images[/u] seem to span a period of 9000 years! . ?¿?

And, i'm wondering what they are... baskets for picking 'fruit' from the tree of life ..or.. "water of life" containers for watering the tree of life. ?¿?

It seems that they were an important symbol for a very long time?

The birdmen are priests picking fruit from the tree of life into their baskets.

The bird head and bird wings only symbolize that they are Heavenly Men (Holy Men)

1zn5shy.jpgm003s2.jpg

A modern depiction of the same

2zqsmcp.jpg

Maybe this is the 12 000 year old Göbekli Tepe fruit ?

Edited by Ove

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightly

• Ove

• Giavanna

• Qoais

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has it occurred to you that it might just be a bucket for example? This said, certain objects, like buckets or baskets, can only have so many forms. It stands to reason that the primitive first form, would be the most practical one, and most likely look quite the same.

That all makes good sense Searcher, " It might just be a bucket" or basket... but, if so it must be an awfully special bucket or basket because the form is basically identical on the Göbekli Tepe relief.. the sumerian reliefs.. and the Assyrian reliefs . What would be important enough about it to appear , unchanged, on reliefs ,of Gods, for 9000 years? There seems to be something Very special , in the minds of the people who carved the reliefs, about the objects being held in the hands of various God forms, (the "Birdmen" Gods.. AND the Adapa/Oanne "Fishmen" Gods) , more important than a simple everyday bucket or basket?

Ove, ... i don't know about the "Göbekli Tepe fruit " and i didn't know that some of the Old reliefs represent "Priests" and not Gods. All very interesting is all i know , thanks.

Harte !, i just read all 5 pages and links of the Necro-Thread where your very first Post appeared .. and remains 'forever' enshrined for posterity :) I see from some of that.. that the explanation of the OBJECTS was leaning more toward containers for "water of life" or Holy Water or oil than fruit baskets. The thing that puzzles me most is .. how the Objects went from the hands of Birdmen Gods with Bird heads, to Birdmen Gods with Men heads, and into the anointing hands of Fishmen Gods/Priests, basically unchanged. the only thing that remains a constant is the container... for, what seems to be 9000 years!

Edited by lightlyy

Good work Harte. Thanks for reposting that link as you bring up some good points. The basket/bag/bucket thing as you said could hold water or oil. I admit to being bias but is this possibly linked to the tree of knowledge (cannabis) and it's near magical properties of it's oil. Birdmen is a common shamanic symbol but perhaps the images represent shamans with bird heads rather than genuine theromorphs.

I also, make a connection between the bags and the the Fir Bolg of celtic mythology. I, probably eroneously, see a resemblance between the Gobeleki temple and the Tau cross. I think it is found in America and obviously the near east through Tammuz.

You da man lightly!

That all makes good sense Searcher, " It might just be a bucket" or basket... but, if so it must be an awfully special bucket or basket because the form is basically identical on the Göbekli Tepe relief.. the sumerian reliefs.. and the Assyrian reliefs . What would be important enough about it to appear , unchanged, on reliefs ,of Gods, for 9000 years? There seems to be something Very special , in the minds of the people who carved the reliefs, about the objects being held in the hands of various God forms, (the "Birdmen" Gods.. AND the Adapa/Oanne "Fishmen" Gods) , more important than a simple everyday bucket or basket?

Ove, ... i don't know about the "Göbekli Tepe fruit " and i didn't know that some of the Old reliefs represent "Priests" and not Gods. All very interesting is all i know , thanks.

Harte !, i just read all 5 pages and links of the Necro-Thread where your very first Post appeared .. and remains 'forever' enshrined for posterity :) I see from some of that.. that the explanation of the OBJECTS was leaning more toward containers for "water of life" or Holy Water or oil than fruit baskets. The thing that puzzles me most is .. how the Objects went from the hands of Birdmen Gods with Bird heads, to Birdmen Gods with Men heads, and into the anointing hands of Fishmen Gods/Priests, basically unchanged. the only thing that remains a constant is the container... for, what seems to be 9000 years!

Like I said, a bucket can only have so many forms, how else would you depict it, holy bucket none withstanding. It still is in no way proof for connection. The connections we talk about here are all circumstancial at best. Things that can only be depicted in so many ways.

Another important feature is the bird-mans V neck

29dwhft.jpg

2aabyqf.jpg

This 12 000 years old statue was found in Göbekli Tepe

The V neck indicates that he was a bird-man (Heavenly Man)

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Edited by Ove

Göbekli Tepe ... (Turkey, 12000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704437837_thumb.jpg

Sumerian ... ( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?)

if these images don't show ,they are above in post #19.

post-86645-126701967684_thumb.jpg post-86645-126701972251_thumb.jpg

post-86645-126701979211_thumb.jpg post-86645-12670198318_thumb.jpg

Assyrian ... (Iraq, 3000 years ago?)

post-86645-126704416953_thumb.jpg

this is off Ove's topic of a possible connection between Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island...

I'm just Interested that the 'basket' looking containers in these images[/u] seem to span a period of 9000 years! . ?¿?

And, i'm wondering what they are... baskets for picking 'fruit' from the tree of life ..or.. "water of life" containers for watering the tree of life. ?¿?

It seems that they were an important symbol for a very long time?

Also Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island statues have little baskets

2lbe36b.jpggobeklitepedeyenibulgul.jpg

Edited by Ove

Which proves exactly nothing. Seems to me like you are desperately trying to link all cultures, in any way possible. why?

There obviously is a link. The birdman and the tree of life is still here.

BTW

The birdman was attacked by a bison 16 000 years ago in France

Lascaux_01.jpg

Lascaux cave in France

LMAO!!!

Hey, that's not a bison, that's one of them Sumerian Anunakkies.

Harte

There are certain aspects of superstition that transcend cultures and that is likely the true connection here. Just being made up of the same stuff and having the same wonders and fears could be enough to account for these apparent sympathetic vibrations pointed out by the OP.

Edited by sinewave

Wow, great find. Have been keeping up on research on this site to see if more has been uneathered here.

I would like to know what kind of tool carved out that animal 12 000 years ago ?

Looks a bit like a Aztec dog

on-exhibit-aztec-field-museum-5-0309_LG-13788760.jpg

Edited by Ove

I would like to know what kind of tool carved out that animal 12 000 years ago ?

Here is a better look at it.The detailing was great even after 12,000 years later.

Edited by Talion

Looks a bit like a Aztec dog

on-exhibit-aztec-field-museum-5-0309_LG-13788760.jpg

Ancient carvings were accomplished by several methods. Hard stone against soft stone likely being the oldest one. Antlers and bone were used as were various natural abrasives like sand and later carborundum.

BTW

The birdman was attacked by a bison 16 000 years ago in France

Lascaux_01.jpg

Lascaux cave in France

Look at the man's...uhm..thing.. I think that bison is about to give him, heheh, some sort of pleasure.

Look at the man's...uhm..thing.. I think that bison is about to give him, heheh, some sort of pleasure.

So it would seem. :lol:

Aliens messed with our DNA!!! This paiting is Proof!! PROOF I tells ya!!!

Harte

Like I said, a bucket can only have so many forms, how else would you depict it, holy bucket none withstanding. It still is in no way proof for connection. The connections we talk about here are all circumstancial at best. Things that can only be depicted in so many ways.

ohhhh ! it's a bucket! lol , ok i see what you mean. it's a bucket. and it IS the connection. All of the images have ,in common, the buckets . I guess other connections are Geographical, and Religious?

Sumer covered the areas occupied by turkey (Gobekli Tepe) and Iraq (Assyria) where all of these (Religious?) images have been found (Except for the one Jules found in Bolivia , lol) But isn't it interesting that the bucket remained unchanged as it was handed down for 9000 years? ... While the GodBirds/BirdMen/FishGodMen holding the bucket did vary and change ? ... , lol, the things have really peaked my curiosity is all ... i'll ease up and look into it more quietly :)

Also Göbekli Tepe and Easter Island statues have little baskets

2lbe36b.jpggobeklitepedeyenibulgul.jpg

ohhh YES .. i see them now Ove, and i think that's very interesting!

Makes me wonder what IN these buckets that makes them important enough to tote around for ,at least, 9000 years ?¿?

it seems to be a very important and enduring idea ?

Edited by lightlyy

ohhhh ! it's a bucket! lol , ok i see what you mean. it's a bucket. and it IS the connection. All of the images have ,in common, the buckets . I guess other connections are Geographical, and Religious?

Sumer covered the areas occupied by turkey (Gobekli Tepe) and Iraq (Assyria) where all of these (Religious?) images have been found (Except for the one Jules found in Bolivia , lol) But isn't it interesting that the bucket remained unchanged as it was handed down for 9000 years? ... While the GodBirds/BirdMen/FishGodMen holding the bucket did vary and change ? ... , lol, the things have really peaked my curiosity is all ... i'll ease up and look into it more quietly :)

More correctly, it was Mesopotamia that covered much of this area. Sumer (as a civilization c.3500 BC) was located in southern Mesopotamia and didn't extend anywhere near Gobekli Tepe. Assyria itself was between the two, located in northern Mesopotamia and was about 1000+ years younger than its southern neighbor.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

More correctly, it was Mesopotamia that covered much of this area. Sumer (as a civilization c.3500 BC) was located in southern Mesopotamia and didn't extend anywhere near Gobekli Tepe. Assyria itself was between the two, located in northern Mesopotamia and was about 1000+ years younger than its southern neighbor.

cormac

ooops thank you very much for correcting me on that cormac... i mistook the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in this image for the boundaries of Sumer/ Sumeria. (it was tiny on the search page.. i wasn't sure how large Sumer was ) :blush: . post-86645-126715008277_thumb.jpg

Edited by lightlyy

The birdmen are priests picking fruit from the tree of life into their baskets.

The bird head and bird wings only symbolize that they are Heavenly Men (Holy Men)

1zn5shy.jpgm003s2.jpg

2zqsmcp.jpg

Maybe this is the 12 000 year old Göbekli Tepe fruit ?

Looks like Nekhbet with the sun symbol.

The birdmen are Seraphim.

You know how science says that birds are related to reptiles?

Well I think these are the flaming serpents.

They hold palm tree cones...but not ordinary palm tree cones.

I can't remember which type.

They are fertilizing the tree of life.

The birdmen are Seraphim.

You know how science says that birds are related to reptiles?

Well I think these are the flaming serpents.

They hold palm tree cones...but not ordinary palm tree cones.

I can't remember which type.

They are fertilizing the tree of life.

The tree of life with the winged image over the tree

is Asshur.

I know sometimes his name is spelled a little differently

but it is still pronounced the same.

Asshur the Chaldean king/god.