Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are the media manipulated by the PTB?

Rolci

I would like to see what the proportion is at this present moment of the people who believe that news are presented objectively and in a balanced manner compared to those who believe that the media are seriously manipulated by invisible forces. My personal view is that the news are disproportionately full of negative images, just as the Black Eyed Peas say: negative images is the main criteria. What do the readers of this topic think this facilitates, what this is good for or even why this is so in the first place? I would also appreciate your opinions on what is included in this Cosmic Awareness (or for the orthodox ones just "God") channeling: http://www.cosmicawareness.org/html/october_2009.html Thank you.

The news are disproportionately full of negative images (among other things) i agree.

Ofcourse the media is manipulated, were you born yesterday? =P joking

please Rolci see this !

EDIT: I strongly suspect that there are criminal, conspiratory and almost misanthropic elements at work on our planet, but its better to leave the "orion reptilians" out of this (for now at least) for credibility sake :) (i read your link)

Edited by SolarPlexus
  • Like 1

I agree our media is either mindless or at least shallow entertainment and celebrity chasing, or negative fearmongering. As far as that site goes... I'm afraid that's a bit too out there for me, overall. What's PTB?

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 1

Does anyone agree with the idea of the "Revelation and making manifest all that is hidden"? That being, publishing an article that covers what's really going on but in such a way that doesn't draw too much attention. The result is that rather than protesting enmasse the subject is assimilated into our unconscious so that we know what 'is' going on but choose to ignore it because; we think it's right and just, we feel disempowered or couldn't care less. I think it is also called cryptocracy. There was a Times report after 911 that outlined an internal conspiracy and the BBC did a fairly conclusive documentary. Again the same goes for the 7/7 bombers and the 'Ripple Effect' video. Obviously there are always two sides but perhaps they deliberately use cranks so that they are disbelieved even when the evidence backs them up.

I have heard that the media is controlled by the secret societies and I simply don't believe this. The vast majority of people in the media don't have a clue, some may be aware but I am sure only a small proportion have any significant involvement. They do seem to be the ones most motivated by greed though. Black Eyed Peas are a good example with their overtly occult and transhumanist imagery, promoting a culture of sex, drugs and money. It's interesting how in the 90'd rap and hip hop was demonized for it's use of guns in music video. Now it seems to be almost glorified in music videos such as Rhianna's 'Hard and 'Russian Rouletter' and Beyonces 'Videophone'. I thought Beyonce was a good christian girl but she is acting more like a mind control puppet by glamourizing a police state mentality.

I agree our media is either mindless or at least shallow entertainment and celebrity chasing, or negative fearmongering. As far as that site goes... I'm afraid that's a bit too out there for me, overall. What's PTB?

Thanks for the answers so far. Paranormalcy, PTB is for the "powers that be", that is, secret societies, Illuminati, elite, reptilians, Orion group, whatever you believe in. Jim, I used to have the same thought as you, just didn't seem logical it could be carried out with only a few involved. Then I spent more time thinking about how it could be possible, and realized it is the same way they infiltrate everything else, politics, education, etc., and that is by taking key positions. You see, in order to be a journalist, you need to provide a story presented in a CERTAIN WAY, which they call sellable. If you make weak articles and columns, then you won't stay too long. There is a system in place to make sure that the major newspapers will be written and edited by people who conform to standards which are put in place by someone, somewhere. If the local boss of a news company should have their own ideas on how articles should be written, then some above will have them replaced. Ever wondered why EACH newspaper is full of the same negative stories presented in the same negative fear-mongering way??? Think about it. Same goes for education, it's about career, success, money, rather than real life skills, creativity, and providing a choice between science and spirituality/religions. And same for governments, I mean how much difference is there between the 2 major American parties? Tell me, which one promotes freedom of thought, propagates LOVE and proper parenting, as the true solution for crime, antisocial behaviour, which one promotes friendly communities, caring attitudes towards fellow-humans, real values that DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Is there such a party? Has there ever been? Interesting.

Edited by Rolci

Thanks for the answers so far. Paranormalcy, PTB is for the "powers that be", that is, secret societies, Illuminati, elite, reptilians, Orion group, whatever you believe in. Jim, I used to have the same thought as you, just didn't seem logical it could be carried out with only a few involved. Then I spent more time thinking about how it could be possible, and realized it is the same way they infiltrate everything else, politics, education, etc., and that is by taking key positions. You see, in order to be a journalist, you need to provide a story presented in a CERTAIN WAY, which they call sellable. If you make weak articles and columns, then you won't stay too long. There is a system in place to make sure that the major newspapers will be written and edited by people who conform to standards which are put in place by someone, somewhere. If the local boss of a news company should have their own ideas on how articles should be written, then some above will have them replaced. Ever wondered why EACH newspaper is full of the same negative stories presented in the same negative fear-mongering way??? Think about it. Same goes for education, it's about career, success, money, rather than real life skills, creativity, and providing a choice between science and spirituality/religions. And same for governments, I mean how much difference is there between the 2 major American parties? Tell me, which one promotes freedom of thought, propagates LOVE and proper parenting, as the true solution for crime, antisocial behaviour, which one promotes friendly communities, caring attitudes towards fellow-humans, real values that DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Is there such a party? Has there ever been? Interesting.

I think we both know that the PTB don't like that sort of talk. They will happily use terms like 'Love' and 'Peace' for a time if it suits their agenda but it is usually a lie. They have become experts at this though so they are able to manipulate people and situations without giving themselves away too greatly. My one and only blog on UM now removed I think is about thos very thing. The people assasinated in modern history have been those promoting the idea of peace. Look at Lincoln, JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, John Lennon. They were all advocates of peace when they were murdered. As Dave Mustaine wrote "Peace sells but who's buying?" and it is true, war is profitable but it also provides opportunities for speculation and investment. This is how they have been able to centralize their own income and weaken sovreign states.

What I was saying before is that a lot of ppl in the media are innocent through their ignorance. They don't know what is really going on, only those at the very top do but they've probably all been fed a load of lies themselves a long the way. Be that in education, the work place or some fraternity where they were told this or that as a secret unaware that it was a load of BS. Thus they may be complicit in the deceipt but they are really victims just like us. We are just more aware of the techniques of mind control they use. We've heard about subliminal messaging for years but what has been done in the overt sexualization of the mainstream media under our noses. That combined with all the fear causing junk we are now being fed results in a very confused and fearful population. Thus when the Ececutive starts to overstep it's boundaries and the checks and balances of democracy stutter and fail, will it be too late?

I think we both know that the PTB don't like that sort of talk. They will happily use terms like 'Love' and 'Peace' for a time if it suits their agenda but it is usually a lie. They have become experts at this though so they are able to manipulate people and situations without giving themselves away too greatly. My one and only blog on UM now removed I think is about thos very thing. The people assasinated in modern history have been those promoting the idea of peace. Look at Lincoln, JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, John Lennon. They were all advocates of peace when they were murdered. As Dave Mustaine wrote "Peace sells but who's buying?" and it is true, war is profitable but it also provides opportunities for speculation and investment. This is how they have been able to centralize their own income and weaken sovreign states.

What I was saying before is that a lot of ppl in the media are innocent through their ignorance. They don't know what is really going on, only those at the very top do but they've probably all been fed a load of lies themselves a long the way. Be that in education, the work place or some fraternity where they were told this or that as a secret unaware that it was a load of BS. Thus they may be complicit in the deceipt but they are really victims just like us. We are just more aware of the techniques of mind control they use. We've heard about subliminal messaging for years but what has been done in the overt sexualization of the mainstream media under our noses. That combined with all the fear causing junk we are now being fed results in a very confused and fearful population. Thus when the Ececutive starts to overstep it's boundaries and the checks and balances of democracy stutter and fail, will it be too late?

Indeed, you are right about the reason these individuals were assassinated, I'm sure. What I feel though as for the innocent individuals led to believe this or that is that, it is each person's responsibility to become a seeker of truth, investigate, question, and not take anything at face value. It is their duty. Being misled is not an excuse. You either serve the light or the darkness. (Or, as the message has been distorted in the modern Bible, God or the Devil.)

But maybe the most important remark I wish to add this time is by taking your thoughts a little further, of which you reminded me by stating what opportunities wars provide. There is a positive side, like to everything in life, if you look at the issue from a higher perspective. Here I would like to quote what I remembered reading in the Ra Material, channeled in 1981.

Questioner: What is the general overall effect of television on our society with respect to this catalyst?

Ra: I am Ra. Without ignoring the green ray attempts of many to communicate via this medium such information of truth and beauty as may be helpful, we must suggest that the sum effect of this gadget is that of distraction and sleep.

Questioner: Can you give me the same type of information that we are working on now with respect to war and rumors of war?

Ra: I am Ra. You may see this in relationship to your gadgets. This war and self relationship is a fundamental perception of the maturing entity. There is a great chance to accelerate in whatever direction is desired. One may polarize negatively by assuming bellicose attitudes for whatever reason. One may find oneself in the situation of war and polarize somewhat towards the positive activating orange, yellow, and then green rays by heroic, if you may call them this, actions taken to preserve the mind/body/spirit complexes of other-selves. (Edit: For those unfamiliar with this kind of language: to "preserve the mind/body/spirit complexes of other-selves" means to save the lives of those you perceive as "others". [After all, we are all one.])

Questioner: Would the coming changes as we progress into fourth-density such as changes in the physical third-density planet due to the heating effect and changes such as the ability of people to perform what we term paranormal activities act as catalyst to create a greater seeking?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The paranormal events occurring are not designed to increase seeking but are manifestations of those whose vibratory configuration enables these entities to contact the gateway to intelligent infinity. These entities capable of paranormal service may determine to be of such service on a conscious level. This, however, is a function of the entity and its free will and not the paranormal ability. The correct portion of your statements is the greater opportunity for service due to the many changes which will offer many challenges, difficulties, and seeming distresses within your illusion to many who then will seek to understand, if we may use this misnomer, the reason for the malfunctioning of the physical rhythms of their planet.

Moreover, there exists probability/possibility vortices which spiral towards your bellicose actions. Many of these vortices are not of the nuclear war but of the less annihilatory but more lengthy so-called “conventional” war. This situation, if formed in your illusion, would offer many opportunities for seeking and for service.

Questioner: How would conventional warfare offer the opportunities for seeking and service?

Ra: I am Ra. The possibility/probabilities exist for situations in which great portions of your continent and the globe in general might be involved in the type of warfare which you might liken to guerrilla warfare. The ideal of freedom from the so-called invading force of either the controlled fascism or the equally controlled social common ownership of all things would stimulate great quantities of contemplation upon the great polarization implicit in the contrast between freedom and control. In this scenario which is being considered at this time/space nexus the idea of obliterating valuable sites and personnel would not be considered an useful one. Other weapons would be used which do not destroy as your nuclear arms would. In this ongoing struggle the light of freedom would burn within the mind/body/spirit complexes capable of such polarization. Lacking the opportunity for overt expression of the love of freedom, the seeking for inner knowledge would take root aided by those of the Brothers and Sisters of Sorrow which remember their calling upon this sphere.

Edited by Rolci

• 4 years later...

I wonder what the proportion would be if everyone were aware of the facts mentioned in the following video:

I wonder what the proportion would be if everyone were aware of the facts mentioned in the following video:

I'm sorry I'm on dial-up and an old computer. Therefore I can't watch the video. I just see a black you-tube screen that says "An error occurred, please try again later." Later, it always says the same thing. What facts are you referring to?

My first impression though is that you're calling 'points raised' in the video as 'facts'. There's a world of difference, of course. But, since I can't watch the video, you'll have to point out the pertinent issues raised.

Rolci, do you intend to go through and revive all of your defunct threads?

You do realize I only "revived" a small fraction, namely those that I could add NEW and RELEVANT information to, that was NOT available at the time of the OP, but which nonetheless add support to points made. And if a topic is worthy of discussion, what does it matter how long ago the last post was posted. But if you insist, please do quote me the relevant UM guideline about members not being allowed to post in "defunct" topics, and also please specify less than how many days exactly can pass after which a topic mustn't be revived regardless of worth to the community. I was silly enough to think that we had free speech and the UM community is smart enough to decide, by refraining from further comments. However, lo and behold, apparently Likely Guy here is not aware of the information contained in the video I just posted. In another "defunct" topic a new member liked" my OP, obviously he had not read it before but is happy he has now. All due respect to moderators, I guess just anybody can't become one, but I must admit I did not find your comment constructive in the thread, let alone relevant, perhaps if I breached policy here you ought to send me a PM quoting those rules I need to keep in mind that I was referring to above (if such exist)? Thanks.

I'm sorry I'm on dial-up and an old computer. Therefore I can't watch the video. I just see a black you-tube screen that says "An error occurred, please try again later." Later, it always says the same thing. What facts are you referring to?

My first impression though is that you're calling 'points raised' in the video as 'facts'. There's a world of difference, of course. But, since I can't watch the video, you'll have to point out the pertinent issues raised.

Sorry you can't watch the video, some quotes (in blue) and some of my comments (in black):

Dr Greer:

"A 1991 CIA document where it talks about the fact that they have folks at all the major media outlets, wire services, news magazines, television networks to change, alter or delay and stop stories that they would like to see stopped."

Of course some of these orders arrive to the CIA from further above. Where? I want you to ask that question yourself and start doing some research, I will not give you an answer to that right now. I will however give you a starting point without infringing on your free will as this has been mentioned also by Dr Greer:

"I don't think you'll be allowed to do this story. And Ira Rosen (executive producer of CBS's 60 minutes) said: Oh yes, I'm the executive producer of these shows, I can do it. And I said OK. Well, two weeks later he called me up. And he said: Dr Greer, they won't let me do this story. I said: Ira, who are they? And he said: Dr Greer, you know who they are."

Please do note and see the opportunity in pursuing this point. Later he added:

"We have a CIA document that describes their attempts to debunk and ridicule the subject but also, very important, to engage Disney Studios to make cartoons and movies about it that would marginalize the subject."

To that he adds, and please consider this very carefully:

"It's not just the government doing the embargo, it's we're doing the embargo because we have been brainwashed to laugh at this issue instead of look at it in a very serious, scientific, in-depth and honest and truthful way".

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 2

Steven Greer -Alien Disclosure conference hearing at the american GOV Press Club 2013.

• Like 1

Thank you both for clarifying the discussion. When I have time, I'll research the topic and offfer my opinion afterwards.

Edited by Likely Guy

Thank you both for clarifying the discussion. When I have time, I'll research the topic and offfer my opinion afterwards.

No problem, obviously it's hard to research the Citizen Hearing if you have no access to youtube videos, maybe you can try the CH website http://www.citizenhearing.org/ and the PRG website http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/ Or you can PM me if you're serious about watching the 40 hours of testimonials. In any case, enjoy the ride.

Is the media manipulated by PTB?

Is the Pope Catholic?

The media is the veritable "lap dog" that protects the status quo from damaging questions. The media makes sure that damaging questions are not asked, or if they are, that they are swept under the rug.

The public perception of the world is controlled by the media, especially since the advent of TV.

Repeat lies frequently enough and the public will believe.

Yes, in that News media, if that is what we are primarily discussing?, only repeats what it receives in the form of press releases from the available very limited and biased "official source" outlets .

It's the "official sources" who are being manipulated ... the "news" is just a reflection of that.

It's not so much that Media are manipulated as they are lazy.. and more interested in entertaining and shocking us into continued viewership, than informing us.

They don't know the difference anymore between propaganda and accurate information , and they don't seem to care.. as long as they keep us interested.

* that's the way i see it anyway.

Edited by lightly

IMO, there are two forms of heavy bias in *American* media, don't know about "across the pond".

I) In American, there is no doubt in my mind, that liberal minded people do print what they wish, not all the news.

Quick example: Harry Reid, Democrat Senate Majority leader made a very racist comment about his President, Obama. And the traditional powerhouse media would not even touch it. Had Reed been Republican and made those statements...? the media powerhouses would have slaughtered him until he resigned his post as Majority Leader, and possibly his senate seat, as well.

II) There is no doubt in my mind that government agencies do "lean on" the leading media outlets as to which stories they wish them to release which ones they want not mentioned. Not all the time, but in some "important" situations.

Quick example: The still-missing aircraft, Malaysia Air 370 that nobody has any idea where it went. Shortly after the craft "disappeared", someone, supposedly from a Muslim terrorist group in China made claims of responsibility for MH370's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/uighur-separatists-claim-over-missing-flight-mh370-may-be-reexamined/story-fncynjr2-1226855911080

Uighur separatists’ claim over missing flight MH370 may be re-examined

CLAIMS by a Malay newspaper that a 35-year-old Uighur man from China’s troubled autonomous Muslim province was on Flight MH370 may be looked at in new light after being written off as irrelevant.

An email sent to journalists, supposedly from representatives from the Uighur separatist movement, claimed for responsibility for the Malaysia Airlines flight’s disappearance.

The emails were dismissed as opportunistic and troublemaking.

--------------

That was News.com.au.

Notice how Investigators pretty much blew off those claims of responsibility? AS if that is what they would *really* do lol

Nowhere can you find these materials in any BBC, CNN, or Reuters articles.

Why? Well, I have said all along in that the Investigators are trying to steer the Investigation away from terrorism, because that is what happened and they all want this to be hidden.

My opinion, but the fact that the big power houses never wrote about the *only* solid lead Investigators have in this investigation speaks volumes.

• Like 1

The media isn't manipulated by the PTB. The media is one of the PTB.

They get manipulated no more or less than any manipulation that they do in return.

The media isn't manipulated by the PTB. The media is one of the PTB.

They get manipulated no more or less than any manipulation that they do in return.

I was under the impression they were all just talking heads. The government's mouthpiece. The people that manipulate the government and control false religion are the true 'Puppet Masters' as it were. I humbly disagree they are one of the PTB.

• Like 1

You give the government too much credit. Their motives are different, but their influence is identical. Any politician knows that asking a favor of the media means that you will owe a favor to the biggest group of loudmouth gossips human civilization has ever seen.

Don't judge the media by the pretty faces on the screens, just like one can't judge a political party by who's face is in the news.

I was under the impression they were all just talking heads. The government's mouthpiece. The people that manipulate the government and control false religion are the true 'Puppet Masters' as it were. I humbly disagree they are one of the PTB.

In this shadowy system we discuss semantics is a big part of the game. I would agree that the MSM is part of PTB, in the sense of hand-in-glove. Technically the hand is separate from the glove, but when worn on the hand, they are for all practical purposes they are one unit.

• Like 1

Want to see a nice example as to how the media is biased?

http://www.timesofis...outhern-israel/

Hamas tunnel raid kills 5 soldiers in southern Israel

The five soldiers were named by the army as Sgt. Daniel Kedmi, 18, from Tsofim; Sgt. Barkey Ishai Shor, 21, from Jerusalem; Sgt. Sagi Erez, 19, from Kiryat Ata; Sgt. Dor Dery, 18, from Jerusalem; and Sgt. Nadav Raimond, 19, from Shadmot Dvora.

Now, when was the last time a Hamas fighter was killed that the "media" listed that person's name? When was the last time the media did not refer to a dead Hamas fighter as a "terrorist"?

it's called.... BIAS

• Like 1

Want to see a nice example as to how the media is biased?

http://www.timesofis...outhern-israel/

Hamas tunnel raid kills 5 soldiers in southern Israel

The five soldiers were named by the army as Sgt. Daniel Kedmi, 18, from Tsofim; Sgt. Barkey Ishai Shor, 21, from Jerusalem; Sgt. Sagi Erez, 19, from Kiryat Ata; Sgt. Dor Dery, 18, from Jerusalem; and Sgt. Nadav Raimond, 19, from Shadmot Dvora.

Now, when was the last time a Hamas fighter was killed that the "media" listed that person's name? When was the last time the media did not refer to a dead Hamas fighter as a "terrorist"?

it's called.... BIAS

You quote an Israeli source and accuse them of bias? A little common sense needs to be brought into the equation guys!

• Like 2

You quote an Israeli source and accuse them of bias? A little common sense needs to be brought into the equation guys!

I was a little confused myself as to why an israeli news source would not report the names of their deceased soldiers and would instead report on the names of their fallen enemies.

• Like 1