Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electricity in the human body.

Jon1971

I have always been able to do this “thing” at will that feels like massive amounts of electricity going through my body. Well I was recently at a local “kids” science museum with my children. They had this meter that you place your hands on that could read the electric current that flows through your body. I could at will max out the needle on the gauge doing that “thing”. My question is can someone tell me what this is and if anyone out there can also do this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Jon1971

• eqgumby

• Justalight

I have always been able to do this “thing” at will that feels like massive amounts of electricity going through my body. Well I was recently at a local “kids” science museum with my children. They had this meter that you place your hands on that could read the electric current that flows through your body. I could at will max out the needle on the gauge doing that “thing”. My question is can someone tell me what this is and if anyone out there can also do this?

Your body doesn't actually produce electricity per say, more a electrochemical reaction in the neurons using Na+ and K+ to create a very minute charge which fires the neuron or across a synapse (though most synapses are chemical).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuron

You body doesn't store electricity, it can't produce large volumes of electricity (luckily because if it did it would be very dangerous and would mean in terms of energetics, that you'd probably have to eat 10x as much as a normal individual).

I agree, charges that trigger the Impulses to cross the synapse.....Its pretty hard and messy... :unsure2:

Thanks

B???

I have always been able to do this "thing" at will that feels like massive amounts of electricity going through my body. Well I was recently at a local "kids" science museum with my children. They had this meter that you place your hands on that could read the electric current that flows through your body. I could at will max out the needle on the gauge doing that "thing". My question is can someone tell me what this is and if anyone out there can also do this?

Are you sure that the device did not measure something like Galvanic Skin Response, which is the body's resistance to electric current?

Are you sure that the device did not measure something like Galvanic Skin Response, which is the body's resistance to electric current?

I'll see if I can find out more information on what exactly is being measured.

I'll see if I can find out more information on what exactly is being measured.

Here is what it is.

All you need to do is put one hand on a copper plate and the other on a zinc plate. The potential difference in changes between both hands causes an electric charge to actually flow through the body from one plate to the other. The actual current flow is measured by a meter in front of the visitor.

So I guess I can increase and decrease the amount of flow going through my body at will?? If this is correct how does this work and is it a normal thing to be able to do this?

Here is what it is.

All you need to do is put one hand on a copper plate and the other on a zinc plate. The potential difference in changes between both hands causes an electric charge to actually flow through the body from one plate to the other. The actual current flow is measured by a meter in front of the visitor.

So I guess I can increase and decrease the amount of flow going through my body at will?? If this is correct how does this work and is it a normal thing to be able to do this?

It is not only not normal, it is not possible, sorry, but your body produces a tiny amount of electricity and this is purely for the firing of neurons, if this wasn't used in that manner you would have serious neurological problems and potentially fatal problems. But feel free to visit a university and show them.

It is not only not normal, it is not possible, sorry, but your body produces a tiny amount of electricity and this is purely for the firing of neurons, if this wasn't used in that manner you would have serious neurological problems and potentially fatal problems. But feel free to visit a university and show them.

If it's not possible then why can I make the needle on the meter max out at will? I mean it's not like it slowly goes up,I can make it almost max out instantly then drop back down. If there is a problem I need to find out. If anyone can point me in the right direction for some kind of testing or someone to talk to about it I would be grateful. I have always been able to do this "thing" but have never had an physical proof of it until I did the meter thing.

If it's not possible then why can I make the needle on the meter max out at will? I mean it's not like it slowly goes up,I can make it almost max out instantly then drop back down. If there is a problem I need to find out. If anyone can point me in the right direction for some kind of testing or someone to talk to about it I would be grateful. I have always been able to do this "thing" but have never had an physical proof of it until I did the meter thing.

Any good university, they can probably test you in minutes.

I don't think is is what as mat shark say's as much as the fact your unconsiously manipulating the static free engery around you. YOu might be able to pull it into you giving you a quick buzz. Or you could attepmt to gather it into a ball by focusing and pulling and pushing couse one of yoru hands will be a postative of a push, As your other is a negative or pull.

send a message for more.

Here is what I propose is going on. By varying the amount of pressure you are putting on the plates, even a little, even unconsciously, you are varying the surface area of skin that is in contact with the plates, and thus varying the tiny current that the device is reading.

To prove it, reconstruct this experiment at home. But put the plates on kitchen scales. Try varying the electrical reading WITHOUT varying the amount of pressure you are putting on the plates, as measured by the kitchen scales. Keep the pressure constant and try varying the flow of current. I predict that you cannot do it.

My secondary prediction is that you will not construct even so simple an experiment, even though it will tell you whether or not you have a fantastic power heretofore undocumented by science.

I'd think it would be worth the trouble! :D

Those are just my predictions, and I am ready and most willing to be proved wrong!

I don't think is is what as mat shark say's as much as the fact your unconsiously manipulating the static free engery around you. YOu might be able to pull it into you giving you a quick buzz. Or you could attepmt to gather it into a ball by focusing and pulling and pushing couse one of yoru hands will be a postative of a push, As your other is a negative or pull.

send a message for more.

Well, if you want to ignore physics you could, unfortunately, this is not viable in reality.

Here is a link to how to make the "human battery" that should be like the one at the museum.(http://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/hand_battery/index.html) I will as soon as time allows make this and test it out. I will as soon as I can post up what my findings are along with a video if it proves to be the same as what happened before.

If you do this, my hat is off to you, no matter the results. :tu:

I hope it is true that you can alter the current by thought alone. I'll have a front row seat to a real Unexplained Mystery. :D

If not, it's still pretty awesome just to see the experiment.

If you do this, my hat is off to you, no matter the results. :tu:

I hope it is true that you can alter the current by thought alone. I'll have a front row seat to a real Unexplained Mystery. :D

If not, it's still pretty awesome just to see the experiment.

I am also. I want to see if it was some kind of fluke or if it is for real. Like I said before I was able to make the needle move up at will any time I did that "thing". My wife even kept asking me how I was doing it. She thought it was some kind of trick! LOL! I did not press any harder on the plates. The needle would only increase when I wanted it too. So I am excited about setting this up as soon as possible to see what happens! I'm going down to my local hardware store to see if I can find some kind of copper plate along with some zink or galvanized plate. Then Im headed to my local radio shack to see if I can pick up a volt meter. Well, that is when they open in the morning.

Hey man maybe its your spiritual energy :) people of the world have referred to it as "qi", "prana" etc. over the ages

Also see Biba Struja (Biba the electric man)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY745NxZwsY

LMFAO look at him obliterate that sausage XD

Who needs Mr T's FlavourWave Oven LMAO

MrTFlavorWave2.jpg

Edited by SolarPlexus

Well I went out today and spent most of the afternoon getting all the stuff. I could not however find a DC needle type micrometer capable of reading 100 micro amps. I found one on ebay and will be ordering it tonight. Not sure how long it will take to get here but as soon as it arrives I'll do the test and post it up! If this test ends up being a repeat of what happened at the museum I will be heading to the nearest University.

Dang that seems impossible.....

Hey man maybe its your spiritual energy :) people of the world have referred to it as "qi", "prana" etc. over the ages

Also see Biba Struja (Biba the electric man)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pY745NxZwsY

LMFAO look at him obliterate that sausage XD

Who needs Mr T's FlavourWave Oven LMAO

MrTFlavorWave2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is weird that the vid is gone but hey why dont you just go to museum and record you doing your energy thing and just post it should be more then enough dont you think? I have seen a thing on history channel were they were talking about vampires and they had this girl on there that said she could leech energy off people so they hooked her up to this electrical reader along with this other girl the agreed to be the lab mouse in a nut shell. Sure enough she got it to go move electrical currents from the girl b to girl a and it was decently noticable or atleast that is what the guy how was reading the equipment so imo if it can be applied in one way it is only logical that it can be applied in reverse.

That is weird that the vid is gone but hey why dont you just go to museum and record you doing your energy thing and just post it should be more then enough dont you think? I have seen a thing on history channel were they were talking about vampires and they had this girl on there that said she could leech energy off people so they hooked her up to this electrical reader along with this other girl the agreed to be the lab mouse in a nut shell. Sure enough she got it to go move electrical currents from the girl b to girl a and it was decently noticable or atleast that is what the guy how was reading the equipment so imo if it can be applied in one way it is only logical that it can be applied in reverse.

If you saw it on the History channel it is almost certainly BS.

Woah, can any1 EXPLAIN THIS?!

Yes, it is a youtube video, it is easy enough to fake.

still if he went back and recorded it would you say it was faked to?

so in ideal the only thing that would make you change your mind on something you already know everything about would be to see it in person and even then you would still find a way to wiggle out of it huh. So Ideally you know everything there is and nothing is going to change for you. So what is the point of it? I agree with most your points just interested in a idea I have thats all :D.

still if he went back and recorded it would you say it was faked to?

Do it in a controlled environment, otherwise, I wouldn't trust it.

Question: If there is no actual electricity in the human body, what powers the heart to beat? Burning energy yes, but what powers the actual beating of the heart and how?

Also, the Serbian guy is fairly well known, and I have yet to see anyone prove it to be a hoax other than saying "well physics dont work like that. or at least we think it doesnt. because someone wrote some numbers somewhere and they looked right, so we're gonna go with that". That was me being sarcastic, but well, the guy does seem to be the real deal.