Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electricity in the human body.

Jon1971

Question: If there is no actual electricity in the human body, what powers the heart to beat? Burning energy yes, but what powers the actual beating of the heart and how?

Also, the Serbian guy is fairly well known, and I have yet to see anyone prove it to be a hoax other than saying "well physics dont work like that. or at least we think it doesnt. because someone wrote some numbers somewhere and they looked right, so we're gonna go with that". That was me being sarcastic, but well, the guy does seem to be the real deal.

It is electrochemical activity and it is very short lived and in very low amounts and it is used instantly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuron

Well unless he can do it in a controlled environment, there is no reason to assume he is real.

Edited by Mattshark

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Jon1971

• eqgumby

• Justalight

It is electrochemical activity and it is very short lived and in very low amounts and it is used instantly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuron

Electrochemistry: The science of chemistry associated with the flow of electricity.

So is electricity in the body, but only in small quantities and it's used instantly.

What if someone was born with some kind of strange genetic anomaly and it wasn't such a small quantity, and it wasn't used instantly? Or is there any possibility that the research stating that it is in terms of quantity and power; next to nothing, and used so quickly is wrong or incomplete?

Well unless he can do it in a controlled environment, there is no reason to assume he is real.

Okay, but who would be willing to test him in a controlled environment, considering that no scientific evidence for this being possible has been established?

Not to mention, what would be a controlled environment? It seems to me that if he was tested in a controlled environment and somehow passed, someone else would just say "oh but they missed something, hes cheating!" or discredit whoever tested him. Just like with pretty much any claim that differs from whats normal and accepted. It just seems to me that the situation appears to be like this: We haven't seen this before, so it isn't real. And if we see it, then it must be faked, because we have no reason to believe it's real, considering we haven't seen it before.

It's like the 50s in Scandinavia, nobody had seen a Black person before. They were mythical creatures that sailors talked about when they came home from years out at sea, much like mermaids and sirens. Just because most people hadn't seen one, doesn't mean they didn't exist in abundance outside our tiny bubble. :P

Electrochemistry: The science of chemistry associated with the flow of electricity.

So is electricity in the body, but only in small quantities and it's used instantly.

What if someone was born with some kind of strange genetic anomaly and it wasn't such a small quantity, and it wasn't used instantly? Or is there any possibility that the research stating that it is in terms of quantity and power; next to nothing, and used so quickly is wrong or incomplete?

Almost certainly, it'd kill them.

Okay, but who would be willing to test him in a controlled environment, considering that no scientific evidence for this being possible has been established?

Not to mention, what would be a controlled environment? It seems to me that if he was tested in a controlled environment and somehow passed, someone else would just say "oh but they missed something, hes cheating!" or discredit whoever tested him. Just like with pretty much any claim that differs from whats normal and accepted. It just seems to me that the situation appears to be like this: We haven't seen this before, so it isn't real. And if we see it, then it must be faked, because we have no reason to believe it's real, considering we haven't seen it before.

It's like the 50s in Scandinavia, nobody had seen a Black person before. They were mythical creatures that sailors talked about when they came home from years out at sea, much like mermaids and sirens. Just because most people hadn't seen one, doesn't mean they didn't exist in abundance outside our tiny bubble. :P

Lots of universities, it'd take under half an hour and if it was done properly, no, it would not be dismissed.

Edited by Mattshark

*snip*

:unsure:

So not true, and so not relevant. The 50's? Good grief...

:unsure:

So not true, and so not relevant. The 50's? Good grief...

It is true, and it is relevant - at least I think it is. We thought we knew something to be a fairytale once - then we learned it wasn't so. Just like we probably will even today.

Remember that once a typewriter was almost considered futuristic high tech, and I believe even Bill Gates said that nobody would ever need more than 8mb of storage space or whatever it was.

My point was that we always find out new things, and our perspective changes. What was once impossible and unreal is everyday workings of tomorrow. Surely there are limits, but we can't always know what they are.

It is true, and it is relevant - at least I think it is. We thought we knew something to be a fairytale once - then we learned it wasn't so. Just like we probably will even today.

Remember that once a typewriter was almost considered futuristic high tech, and I believe even Bill Gates said that nobody would ever need more than 8mb of storage space or whatever it was.

My point was that we always find out new things, and our perspective changes. What was once impossible and unreal is everyday workings of tomorrow. Surely there are limits, but we can't always know what they are.

In the 50's, Scandinavians thought black people were a myth...really?

And you are equating magical electrical powers stored in the body with technical advances. Not the same.

Some day we may better understand the biological process by which electricity is generated and stored and used in the body, but to store the level of energy in the body that is being discussed, would require a radical change in physiological make-up, or body chemistry so vastly different from what we have today, that a routine physical exam would expose it alone, if it wasn't apparent to a casual observer (as in a physical appearance drastically different that average humans).

And you are equating magical electrical powers stored in the body with technical advances. Not the same.

Some day we may better understand the biological process by which electricity is generated and stored and used in the body, but to store the level of energy in the body that is being discussed, would require a radical change in physiological make-up, or body chemistry so vastly different from what we have today, that a routine physical exam would expose it alone, if it wasn't apparent to a casual observer (as in a physical appearance drastically different that average humans).

Your serious right? You think all things are black and white with no middle ground? That's what it at least seems like when you post that. It's like when we learned that the earth was round and we are not the center of the universe, we learned and began to understand. Not like we FULLY understand things now and days, but we are in the process of.

How can a routine physical exam reveal the electric makeup of anything??? Sorry, but a prostate exam wouldn't result in the knowledge of such (nor would I even WANT to know why if it did), so why would a general exam do such?

Most of us did, yes. We had heard tales from sailors, but that was about it.

Thats the thing though; you're saying I claim it's magic. I do not. I am just suggesting that it might be physically possible for a human being born with some abilities we do not have, just like bats have sonar like hearing, cats have night vision so sharp it makes us look blind even in daylight, and you might occasionally have siamese twins. How about electric eels, for example? How can they have their ability and not die from it - while a human would be fried? Do we understand exactly how this works, and more importantly can we preclude this from happening even once every billion years, through some random dna mutation against all odds? I don't think so.

Okay, what changes would be needed for this to actually become a reality? What precise changes would be needed? Boil it down as much as you can, even if you have to stretch abit in terms of chance and odds; what would be required for a human being to be capable of even delivering a noticable jolt?

I can rub my feet on the ground carry a electric shock to a person threw my finger without killing myself O.o

OK, sorry, but I just do NOT believe that in Scandinavia, in the 1950's, stories from sailors were the only thing you ever heard of about people with dark skin. For real. Sorry. You're totally yanking my chain.

How can a routine physical exam reveal the electric makeup of anything???

:rolleyes:

OK...ready? For the human body to DO the things often claimed to be done with the use of it's own internally generated electricity, any mutation that allowed it, would be OBVIOUS via a routine exam...like..."Umm, Mr. Gumby, you seem to have this new organ here, and just being in the room has trashed all of my little electronic medical gadgets. Anything you'd like to tell me?"

I am just suggesting that it might be physically possible for a human being born with some abilities we do not have, just like bats have sonar like hearing, cats have night vision so sharp it makes us look blind even in daylight, and you might occasionally have siamese twins. How about electric eels, for example? How can they have their ability and not die from it - while a human would be fried?

You hit the nail on the head yourself. The electric eel has a specific organ and a specific physiology that allows this, that developed evolutionarily over millions of years. If you could produce a jolt like an electric eel, at birth, your doctor would have noticed something physiologically DIFFERENT about you.

...once every billion years, through some random dna mutation against all odds? I don't think so....

OK, find me one. A reference to one. Something, anything, besides a random previously documented and studied mutation like dwarfism that has no useful properties in and of itself, something that is not a condition but a genetic mutation.

I can rub my feet on the ground carry a electric shock to a person threw my finger without killing myself O.o

Mutant Ninja! Pack your bags, the government is coming to get you and study you in a secret lab...called Project Zappalicious!

Just to check, you do know about static electricity and how it works don't you?

*snip*

Okay, what changes would be needed for this to actually become a reality? What precise changes would be needed? Boil it down as much as you can, even if you have to stretch abit in terms of chance and odds; what would be required for a human being to be capable of even delivering a noticable jolt?

To generate it, and store it, consciously (as in not a by-product of static electricity), I imagine you could look up a science paper on an electric eel, and apply that to a human. It's not large, and drastic, but it's a biological process humans are not built for, and an organ we are not built to support biologically. For example, you couldn't just graft a cats eye into a human eye socket and have a human with super night vision, because our brains aren't wired to process that sort of visual data.

Wow allot going on in here. Well I apparently can't seem to get my hands on a Dial meter so I got a digital volt meter. I CAN increase the voltage reading by about what appears to be 20-50 micro volts dc. I did not however use a scale. I just extend my palms flat out and lay the plates in them. That way I can not press down on them. I can at will increase the voltage. We are not talking about allot but I can increase it at will. I have noticed while doing this my hart does start to race and it feels like I am getting hooked up to a live wire. I will try and get a video up asap. I will also like some info on how I'm supposed to get in touch with someone at a local University to have them test it out. I called the University of Georgia and they acted like I was crazy! LOL! So if someone on here knows someone that I can get in touch with I would like that info. If they can test me and I don't have to travel to the ends of the world I will more then willingly let them. I CAN do this weather anyone believes me or not and I am willing to have ANYONE put it to the test!

You do know that people have also survived being struck by lighting right? So the body is mostly made up of water able to transfer electricity without killing you. I agree doesn't mean that one could exactly produce more but it is able to handle and store it so one would assume that it is possible but by no means anything that would make one to much different imo. Would like to see him record it at the place he went to.

Jon1971 Im not too surpised that you can but to be honest keep practicing and keep a chart of practicing to show that you can do it like increasing a rate would be rather interesting or if it is like a capped ablility.

Wow allot going on in here. Well I apparently can't seem to get my hands on a Dial meter so I got a digital volt meter. I CAN increase the voltage reading by about what appears to be 20-50 micro volts dc. I did not however use a scale. I just extend my palms flat out and lay the plates in them. That way I can not press down on them. I can at will increase the voltage. We are not talking about allot but I can increase it at will. I have noticed while doing this my hart does start to race and it feels like I am getting hooked up to a live wire. I will try and get a video up asap. I will also like some info on how I'm supposed to get in touch with someone at a local University to have them test it out. I called the University of Georgia and they acted like I was crazy! LOL! So if someone on here knows someone that I can get in touch with I would like that info. If they can test me and I don't have to travel to the ends of the world I will more then willingly let them. I CAN do this weather anyone believes me or not and I am willing to have ANYONE put it to the test!

I recommend asking your science teacher.

It sounds to me like what's called "galvanic response".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_skin_response

You do know that people have also survived being struck by lighting right? So the body is mostly made up of water able to transfer electricity without killing you. I agree doesn't mean that one could exactly produce more but it is able to handle and store it so one would assume that it is possible but by no means anything that would make one to much different imo. Would like to see him record it at the place he went to.

You do realize that people routinely die from much less electricity passing through there body, and that even MUCH less electricity passing through the human body (be it current or voltage) disrupts neurons, causes temporary and permanent physical damage, brain damage, and drastic changes in organ function, mental faculties, etc etc...what makes you think a human could make and store that electricity, and yet have all of its other parts neatly insulated, when we are NOT built that way, at all, in the least, in any form or manner?

I do not have a science teacher. LOL! I came on here wanting to know if anyone could tell me what this might be. Would being able to control galvanic response make you feel like you are being shocked when you do it. I feel when I do it the center of my body is being well the only thing I can describe it as is being shocked in a way. I can do it like I can do anything else my body can do, like lift my arm or blink my eye. I just "turn it on and off" so to speak. The longer I "hold" it on the harder the feeling gets to a point i can't take it. But I have noticed the longer I do it the higher the reading.

You do realize that people routinely die from much less electricity passing through there body, and that even MUCH less electricity passing through the human body (be it current or voltage) disrupts neurons, causes temporary and permanent physical damage, brain damage, and drastic changes in organ function, mental faculties, etc etc...what makes you think a human could make and store that electricity, and yet have all of its other parts neatly insulated, when we are NOT built that way, at all, in the least, in any form or manner?

This is what bothers me! If I am doing something like this is it causing damage to my body! That is the reason I want to find out what it is!

Yes people have survived, if it happened constantly you wouldn't! The key is to not have the charge pass through the nervous system or the heart, now you see the problem for humans producing such a volume in our neurons!

I actually in another thread worked out how much in Kcal it would be to produce 1KW per hour, it was far more than you could possibly eat.

You are looking at roughly 1200Kcal for a 1 second, 1 KW burst of electricity.

Edited by Mattshark

OK, find me one. A reference to one. Something, anything, besides a random previously documented and studied mutation like dwarfism that has no useful properties in and of itself, something that is not a condition but a genetic mutation.

Other than quite possibly Slavia Patjic? Or other than the ones appearing in mythology all over the world? Or the bizarre stuff that might occur in generations following people who had their DNA permanently damaged by chemicals or radiation? Or the two Russian kids who claim to have something resembling X-Ray vision? Or the (i believe libanese?) girl who seems to have razor sharp crystal shards coming out of her tearducts with no blood? No. The thing is, these sources are all discredited as frauds because they have not been examined by trusted sources, only doctors and scientists and such in their home countries, and since they are not harvard educated or anything like that, they are discredited as frauds, so I don't know.

And apparently Slavia Patjic does have some weird stuff with his physiology, but probably not enough to warrant him being for real. I just like to try to fit pieces together to see if maybe there is a way to produce these results, and what would be needed to get it done.

And Scandinavians interacted extensively with other cultures with just about every skin tone you could find, but that was during the old norse period. In modern history however, very very few people apart from sailors had ever seen a black person until the charter travels kicked off, which happened for us around 1960 or so. This is not counting the largest cities like Oslo, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen which probably had a few Ambassadors and suchlike.

Plenty of good uni's in Serbia, plenty near by in Italy, Slovenia, Macedonia, Austria, German Czech Republic, Croatia........... I can go on.

Sources like some bloke on the internet are discredited, youtube is discredited, unless they are in a controlled environment, then no test is valid. That is how science works for cases like this.

Making claims is one thing, but don't expect them to have credence when they go against the laws of thermodynamics and against basic biology. If you want that you go to a university and show them.

Plenty of good uni's in Serbia, plenty near by in Italy, Slovenia, Macedonia, Austria, German Czech Republic, Croatia........... I can go on.

Sources like some bloke on the internet are discredited, youtube is discredited, unless they are in a controlled environment, then no test is valid. That is how science works for cases like this.

Making claims is one thing, but don't expect them to have credence when they go against the laws of thermodynamics and against basic biology. If you want that you go to a university and show them.

I would if I knew where to go or who to talk to. Like I said before I called and they talked to me like I was crazy and basically brushed me off. If someone will give me a number or an email address or some kind of contact that can test me I will contact them! I can't seem to find anyone!

I would if I knew where to go or who to talk to. Like I said before I called and they talked to me like I was crazy and basically brushed me off. If someone will give me a number or an email address or some kind of contact that can test me I will contact them! I can't seem to find anyone!

Just go in the biology department with a voltmeter and ask to speak to someone in neurophysiology and show them. If you don't want to tell them what it is about, don't.