Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

mysteries of pyramids

angelmaghazy

My link

Here is link to discuss the great pyramids mystrey...as I live really close I would love to hear from everyone and tell me their viewpoints on the pyramids and how you think they were made and for what purpose??? :tu:

My link

Here is link to discuss the great pyramids mystrey...as I live really close I would love to hear from everyone and tell me their viewpoints on the pyramids and how you think they were made and for what purpose??? :tu:

I like you Angelmaghazy! You are a lucky lady and a welcome addition around these parts. The spiral method seems a distinct possibility, especially when considering the use of the golden mean in other parts of it's design. I haven't researched this for a while but I just happenned upon this link

it's a good discussion with nice pics, you may know it. As for the purpose, very good question. Most around here would say a tomb or a temple. I say a geographic marker and a wave oscillator. That's sound and EM not waves of water or conjecture.

Once again, Welcome :D

I believe it will come to be seen that the evidence is nearly

conclusive that it was built by means of counterweights. Ramps,

for the main part have been ruled out. The internal ramp theory

survives but it will be disproven before much longer.

I also favor the literal meaning of the words of the builders who

said that the pyramid was the ka of the dead king and served as a

place for him to watch over the interests of the people after his

death. It was the place for him to live eternally as Atum before

him. It was constructed to drag the sun across the sky and assure

eternal prosperity for the people.

My link

It’s probably a mistake to think that all pyramids were built for the same purpose.

The most spectacular example of course is the GP from the point of view of it’s extreme accuracy and precision.

When today we invest time and resources into precision things, this means machines in one form or another (watches, computers, etc).

The GP is built so precise that it must have originally been a machine of some sort. I agree that there may well have been secondary purposes behind it but if you look carefully at it’s construction, you soon realise that it was not built with the intention of being frequented by human beings. The corridors are unsuitable, and it was essentially sealed completely using triangular casing stones.

A good book to read would be Chris Dunn’s THE GIZA POWER PLANT. While I disagree with some of the details, I have to agree in principle that the GP was a generating machine of some sort. I have read other sources that discuss the GP as a machine, long before I read Chris Dunn. The idea is far from original however I would rather not disclose my sources here. You can however checkout Chris’s website – it is interesting.

The questions go exponential from here, and so here are a few questions/conjectures to consider:

1) Were the people that built the GP endemic to this planet?

2) If not, is it likely that they would have wanted to create an ecology more akin to where they came from? Is this what the GP could have been for?

3) Were the people we call the ‘Egyptians’ simply inheritors of the GP? Is this why there is nothing written down about how and why it was builot? Did they attempt to repair it in some way? Is there evidence of this?

4) Were other pyramids a poor attempt to copy the GP? Were later pyramids more or less precise in their construction?

Some of the above questions can be easily answered with a little research, others need a little more evidence to answer. I hope this helps for now. Good luck with ‘the old school’ folk that no doubt will turn up here soon and give their views.

Whooa there boy! I am in need of some serious debunking.

The GP contains an area with six granite slabs, is this correct as I was reading that

If the 6 slabs are considered to be lines of

an I Ching hexagram,

with granite slabs being unbroken lines

and a limestone gable being a broken line,

you get:

the I Ching hexagram Lake over Heaven,

which can be interpreted as:

News comes from afar,

deal with it by words, not war.

What does this mean if anything?

The link to the source site can be found in my earlier post. I would appreciate any views at this time and will add more if I read anything of note.

Welcome to angelmaghazy.

To deliver blocks to the 481-foot (147-meter) peak at a reasonable grade, the ramp would have had to have been a mile (1.6 kilometers) long and made of stone. And over the decades of the pyramid's construction, workers would have had to continually increase the ramp's height and length as the pyramid rose.

From the OP link.

So we are going to talk ramps again.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them doing it this way. They could have used clay and gravel to build the ramp instead of stone. All that is needed is more men, which the Old Kingdom had in plenty.

How would pulling so many blocks up an interior ramp be any easier? Wouldn't the ramp be steeper and have turns?

Counterweights is also still a good idea, especially once the pyramid got tward the top.

He suggests that an infrared camera—positioned about 150 feet (46 meters) from the pyramid—could potentially record subtle differences in interior materials and temperatures. Those variations could reveal clear-cut "phantoms" of the internal ramp.

"What we need is the authorization, by the Egyptian authorities, to stay around for 18 hours, close to the pyramid, with a cooled infrared camera based on an SUV and to take images of three [pyramid] faces every hour during this period," Houdin said.

I wish him luck.

"What we need is the authorization, by the Egyptian authorities, to stay around for 18 hours, close to the pyramid, with a cooled infrared camera based on an SUV and to take images of three [pyramid] faces every hour during this period," Houdin said.

What's most gulling is that such photos already exist on spy satellite and

similar systems for which the public doesn't have access. There's simply no

reason at all to deny access to most of this material but now days everything

is considered secret until it's officially released. This might be 30 years

from now.

In addition to infrared there's also ultraviolet. The technology used to spy

uses a very wide range of visible light.

Mebbe they can even pick up a latent rainbow. ;)

Hello forum members,

Please could someone attempt to debunk or share some info on the GP's interior and/or the site I have linked from. I would like to know the author of the site and get some opinions as it seems incredible to me but I am sure there are some common sense interpretations that I am overlooking. Cheers

Hello forum members,

Please could someone attempt to debunk or share some info on the GP's interior and/or the site I have linked from. I would like to know the author of the site and get some opinions as it seems incredible to me but I am sure there are some common sense interpretations that I am overlooking. Cheers

I really like Houdin's theory. It has some substantiation unlike all other

ramp theories and it's only slightly less plausible. For any increased diff-

iculty in building a pyramid working in long tunnels there's less work leaving

the voids. While the air might get a little stifling at least the men can work

outside the desert sun. Remember too that the air couldn't get too bad since

a stone has to fly through these tunnels every minutes and fresh air would be

pulled in behind them.

The main flaw with the theory is simply this isn't the way it was done. It

might not (probably not) even be possible to build the Great Pyramid with ramps

but if it were and the Egyptians had thought of it then this technique might be

exactly what they had chosen. Since other ramp systems should have left ample

evidence but left none, they can be mostly ruled out. That contradictory evidence

exists it's probably safe to discount the other ramp theories altogether unless

new evidence surfaces (it's not going to).

Houdin's theory rests heavily on two pieces of data; first is the presence of

the "niche" on the NE corner far up. While this is very enigmatic it is not con-

clusive of being a spot where the tunnels joined. There is a void behind here as

well and his estimation of all this may be the best out there. The other data are

the gravimetric scans. He interprets them as indicating sloped lines of lower den-

sity in a pattern on the faces of the pyramid but this evidence is probably almost

a nail in the coffin for the theory. All these lines displayed are parallel to the

base and this denies that they might be the artefacts of internal ramps. However

there is some apparent "diagonal" process displayed on two faces and a some of the

horizontal ones even seem to climb in altitude. I don't believe these represent

internal ramps but they can't yet be ruled out.

Thanks Cladking. Any views on the GP as a machine? Perhaps for the oscillation of various wave forms. The materials used and the sacred geometry makes me think there is some profound purpose that is overlooked.

Thanks Cladking. Any views on the GP as a machine? Perhaps for the oscillation of various wave forms. The materials used and the sacred geometry makes me think there is some profound purpose that is overlooked.

It may well have been a machine but it's virtually a given that it

must have been a simple machine that mimiced simple natural processes

and these processes were discoverable by people with only simple in-

struments. In order to mimic a natural process without modern instru-

ents, tools, and knowledge they would have had to have seen this pro-

cess or most of its parts in nature. Observent people can extrapolate

a great deal of knowledge and use it efficiently.

Some of the proposals for a function of G1 seem a little far fetched.

We also have to remember that G1 was the "last" of a long line of sim-

ilar structures. We didn't invent the electric motor a piece at a time

until it worked. It was invented in stages and followed a logical pat-

tern and, so too, must the pyramids have evolved.

I don't normally think of it this way but I guess I do believe that the

pyramid was a machine; it was a pyramid building machine. The only diff-

erence with the other pyramids is that the water that drove the machine

was lifted internally along the grand gallery rather than externally as

on the other great pyramids. Atum was the God of the ben ben who created

himself. Osiris usurped his role and his water to build the pyramids.

I suppose I strayed from the subject a little but I do that a lot.

There are electrical, accoustic, mechanical and other processes that the

pyramid might have been built to copy but those who want to make such as-

sertions should be prepared to show how the knowledge came about and how

it became manifested over hundreds of years.

Personally among the "machine" ideas I prefer the electrical ones since

electrical phenomena can be observed in nature and the dryness of a desert

would increase the possibilities.

You speak wisely on the subject. The thought that is coming to my mind is not too far fetched I don't think. Basically that the GP was a culmination of advanced shamanic practices involving raising the consciousness of individuals. Yes it would be electrical in some sense, possibly involving mono atomic gold but maybe that is stretching it. More likely that it was used as the show piece in a ritual drama designed to accelaerate superconsciousness or connect with the unconscious or even other dimensions. The important thing for me seems to be sound and vibrations. What would the acoustics be like in there I wonder If you could shed anymore light on how the electricity aspect could work I would be very grateful. :tu:

You speak wisely on the subject. The thought that is coming to my mind is not too far fetched I don't think. Basically that the GP was a culmination of advanced shamanic practices involving raising the consciousness of individuals. Yes it would be electrical in some sense, possibly involving mono atomic gold but maybe that is stretching it. More likely that it was used as the show piece in a ritual drama designed to accelaerate superconsciousness or connect with the unconscious or even other dimensions. The important thing for me seems to be sound and vibrations. What would the acoustics be like in there I wonder If you could shed anymore light on how the electricity aspect could work I would be very grateful. :tu:

There are a few ways that it might be configured as a giant leyden jar

to accumulate static electricity. I doubt that any of these are really

beyond the ability of the ancients. But there are two problems. The minor

one is that there appears to be no developement from simpler and smaller

devices and the major one is there is probably almost no practical use

to which it might be placed. Oh sure, there are lots of great things

that could be done with electricity even by primitives but how would

they discover things like the decomposition of water unless they observed

it which is a virtual impossibility. It's difficult to imagine uses which

are both practical and logically derived from existing knowledge. Without

a need to store electricity they would not have built them and without hav-

ing them there would be no need.

There are several facts that support this idea though. The pyramid texts

refer to emptying the arms of the dead king of lighting and some historical

reports suggest they were metal tipped. This is probably a low probability

but it would be a good idea to examine ALL possibilities. The assumptions

need to be tossed out on their ears and the FACTS evaluated in light of 150

years of new evidence.

hi kmt_sesh,

i was going to PM this to you.. but it didn't look like i could PM an image. Pardon me for putting you on the spot here ? .. but i'm just hoping that you might know what the object in Her left hand is ? .. it's name and purpose and whatever you might know about it ??? i'd much appreciate any info you might have. Thank You in advance.

(if you happen to run across this in your UM travels)

post-86645-126771228598_thumb.jpg

(others please excuse me for slipping an off topic question in ok?, (instead of bumping a recent thread up to the top)

Edited by lightlyy

It's just my opinion but I believe the GP was built by the aliens long before there were any humans on Earth. It's method of construction and it's purpose are only our opinions. I personally believe it was a communication device. KennyB

hi kmt_sesh,

i was going to PM this to you.. but it didn't look like i could PM an image. Pardon me for putting you on the spot here ? .. but i'm just hoping that you might know what the object in Her left hand is ? .. it's name and purpose and whatever you might know about it ??? i'd much appreciate any info you might have. Thank You in advance.

(if you happen to run across this in your UM travels)

post-86645-126771228598_thumb.jpg

(others please excuse me for slipping an off topic question in ok?, (instead of bumping a recent thread up to the top)

How did you know I was even lurking here, lightlyy? Have you been spying on me? :ph34r:

I've been visiting this discussion but not posting yet because there's really nothing new being discussed, aside from the usual skewing of known facts.

Qoais sent me a PM with the same image to ask a couple of questions of me, so it must be possible to include images in PMs. I know I've also done it but I can't remember the procedure offhand. No matter, I can answer your question. The figure at right is the goddess Seshat and she's actually holding two things in her left hand.

The smaller object is a scribal kit containing the palette with ink well (note the black dot), from which a cord loops down to a little water pot and a stylus container. The longer object is a staff from the tip of which dangles an ornamented set of hieroglyphs spelling out "millions of jubilees."

The context of the image brings it all together. Seshat and the god Thoth stand on either side of the Tree of Life. On its leaves they are inscribing the name of the king kneeling before the tree, Seti I (early Dynasty 19). In Egyptian mythology these deities put the names and lifespans of every person onto this tree's leaves. In this case the iconic arrangement of hieroglyphs within the objects the figures are holding, ensures that Seti I will have a long life and that his name will live forever.

And, well, that seems to be exactly what happened for him. :D

kmt_sesh, your Awesome! Thanks a Lot for so kindly and expertly answering my question ! ... writing names into the tree of life... too cool.

lol .. i was pretty sure the word pyramid might induce a 'click' on your part

The book cited by Angel is probably the greatest 'new age' book of all time:

The Giza Power Plant : Technologies of Ancient Egypt (Paperback)

Christopher Dunn demonstrates how the pyramid was at one time a working machine that created a circuit between the energy that flows down from outer space and the center of the earth.

This energy then flowed back up to the pyramid and was transformed in various ways by some of the devices and materials inside the pyramid.

Notice the massive granite blocks inside the King's chamber contain countless quartz crystals. These had their role in how the pyramid machine worked.

There were also 27 (3 * 3 * 3) pairs of emerald resonators that lined the grand gallery at one time. These were also part of the machinery.

These resonators have long since been removed, probably by the priests to prevent another Atlantean type catastrophe where a similar temple was infiltrated by the greedy and profane. They caused the destruction of an entire continent in one day as Plato and Edgar Cayce tell us.

The Edgar Cayce material contains a lot of fascinating information about when these wonders were built and by who.

Cayce said he himself as the Atlantean priest Ra Ta, Thoth, and Horus created the monuments at Giza around 10,500 BC over a 100 year period.

They were not created using any sort of slave labor or technology that is in the public domain today. Anti gravity forces were used.

That secret Egyptian priesthood, the Order Of Melchizedek, traces its origins back to Atlantis and to other worlds.

Moses was initiated into their ancient secrets as Christ was I believe also.

There's an interesting theory that the reason the evil pharaoh chose to pursue Moses and the Hebrews after first allowing them to leave is that Moses took the Ark Of The Covenant. This was not part of their original agreement.

This implies that the priests conspired with Moses against the pharaoh.

It also implies that Moses knew what the Ark was and how to operate it.

This Ark was an Atlantean device which was brought to the earth from outer space I believe.

The three pyramids at Giza indicate some sort of relationship with the constellation of Orion based on their sizes and positions.

There's a lot we could talk about with the pyramids such as how the Great Pyramid tells the destiny of our human race encoded in the stones.

Edgar Cayce was the reincarnation of the Egyptian god Osiris I believe.

One of the greatest legacies Cayce left us is he filled in a lot of the missing pieces about the bible and Jesus Christ. He tells where Christ was during the so called 'missing years' between the ages of 12 and 30. He studied in Egypt and India.

Jeff Marzano

Edgar Cayce's Story of the Origin and Destiny of Man

Lightly, you and I have great alike minds!! I've pm'd kmt on that as well!! I say it's an electrical device used to plug in to the tree of life to charge her dual support system!!

SlimJim - the idea of the GP being a machine has been tossed around a lot. When I first wanted to try to figure out what the Ark of the Covenant was, and how it worked to kill people, I checked into a lot of stuff. At one time I thought the GP was actually acting as a capacitor. I can't remember whose troops got scared, maybe Napoleans, when they came near the GP, their spear points lit up and they got electric shocks. You want to read some fringe stuff, go to Crystal links. Ellie Crystal supposedly snuck into the GP and her and her spirit guide wrapped up some unfinished business there or something. Yeah, right. The GP has been proposed as a pump as well as a blast furnace.

Somewhere in my travels, I read that at one time, people heard the kings voice emanating from the GP and then I speculated that the device in this picture was a sound device of some sort.

AncientSpeakingTube25thDyn.jpg

AncientSpeakingTube.jpg

I should have reversed them, as the last picture is older than the first picture. In the first picture, you can see the king or queen or whichever one is which, has now gone cordless.

kmt_sesh

The smaller object is a scribal kit containing the palette with ink well (note the black dot), from which a cord loops down to a little water pot and a stylus container. The longer object is a staff from the tip of which dangles an ornamented set of hieroglyphs spelling out "millions of jubilees."

How come the other dude doesn't have an ink pot?

hi Qoais, i was so focused on what was being held in Seshat's hand that i saw as possibly being similar to the busket things in the hands of figures in Sumerian ,Assyrian, and even Mayan and Olmec reliefs, that i completely missed the staff in her hand ! i'd be a terrible archeologist, i'd be digging for a skeleton i was sure to find , as soon as i get these bones out of the way!!!! lol. I think it's interesting that Seshat is holding , for one thing, a water pot, as kmt _sesh informed.

Interesting , to me, the electrical phenomena you write about. I'm always fascinated by any tales talking about or inferring interaction with electrical phenomena in the long ago.

Yeah I used to read crystallinks a lot but found I was reading the same stuff over and over so broadened my horizons. bibliotecpleyades can answer just about any question if you have the time. The best shot I've got is for all these ideas to blend together into something that is coherent. The idae of the GP as a capacitator, transistor or oscillator are all possible. I haven't finished the Great Golden Pyramid article yet but there are many nuggets of information from what I've read so far.

I think the idea that gem stones and other materials were being used is highly plausable and more research could be done in this area. Particularly how they can alter waves of sound, light and electro magnetism. It's not just materials though as someone said before that the pyramid shape has inexpected properties. I can remember a science show from when I was a kid and they said how if you kept food in the exact centre of the pyramid it's longevity would be increased ten fold. This is very curious when you consider what the main intention of the egytpians was. i.e. eternal life through mummification, etc.

On the topic of the ink well and the Sashet writing, anyone remember how Conan is revived in Conan the Barbarian. His entire body was covered in writing. There are a couple of other occult themes in Conan so I wonder if it is relevant. Just thinking out loud on that one.

I should have reversed them, as the last picture is older than the first picture. In the first picture, you can see the king or queen or whichever one is which, has now gone cordless.

Yeah, and back then those roaming fees were just awful! :w00t:

Those are two interesting selections, Qoais. They're composition is so similar. Both figures sit before an offering table stacked with bread slices, and with other offerings above and below. The cell phones are in actuality: Top, a beer jug; Bottom, a lotus. He's drinking, she's sniffing. I doubt either is royalty. The glyphs atop the guy's head identify him as Ptahhotep, and I'm guessing this comes from the Dynasty 5 mastaba of a high official by that name who served under King Djedkare. I can't spot glyphs that would identify the woman.

How come the other dude doesn't have an ink pot?

I honestly don't know why. Maybe he's borrowing Seshat's? :P The water pot, by the way, is that little bulbous thing at the end of the cord to the left of the stylus container, in Seshat's left hand. Plenty of scribal kits have been found in archaeological excavations but I don't think the little water pot is as common. I believe it was no longer even part of the scribal kit by the time of Seti I (the king seen kneeling before the tree in that image), but it's still always shown iconographically in wall paintings and reliefs.

I may have missed it, but an interesting link into the theories of how the pyramid was built.

My link

Hope that worked :)

It's about folks studying the use of wind power helping in the building of the pyramids. Kind of cool. I watched a program on them doing the obelisk test, and the kite worked really well.

I'm not sure what the pyramids might be for other than burial places. I think there is more to it than they just are burial places though.

I may have missed it, but an interesting link into the theories of how the pyramid was built.

My link

Hope that worked :)

It's about folks studying the use of wind power helping in the building of the pyramids. Kind of cool. I watched a program on them doing the obelisk test, and the kite worked really well.

I'm not sure what the pyramids might be for other than burial places. I think there is more to it than they just are burial places though.

Good link! It is far more plausale imo that a combination of wind and water was used rather than exclusively slave labour. I particularly like the point about the ankh being used to steer the kite. Materials such as papyrus and hemp would have been fairly abundant and useful resources in kite making.