Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Saru

Gallery Comments System Returns

Saru

The gallery updates are finally complete, and as promised site members can once again post comments. thumbsup.gif

To view/add a comment to an image, click the link at the bottom of the image details page for the image in question. The number in brackets represents the number of comments currently posted for that image. Images with comments are also indicated in the thumbnail browser aswell.

Only registered users can post comments on the gallery, so you need to be a forum member first. Guests cannot post comments.

Guests can Click Here to register.

The same rules apply to the gallery as apply to the forum when posting, so no spam, offensive language, one-worded posts etc. Nonsense comments will be deleted on sight.

Users with 1024x768 or higher screen resolution will now be able to view the gallery fullscreen, 800x600 users however will still be able to view the gallery the same as before.

A large selection of new images and several new image categories will be added to the gallery over the next few days, so check back often to see whats new.

and finally, to help fund the costs of our dedicated server hosting, an additional advert has been added to the right hand side of the gallery. Hopefully you'll be able to put up with it and enjoy the new features the gallery has to offer. Because of the new fullscreen changes, the ad doesn't take up too much space.

thumbsup.gif

BurnSide

w0000ttt!!!! Thank you so much!!

*runs off to the gallery*

Saru

Added a new gallery category, World of the Bizarre, containing 72 bizarre, funny and downright strange images from around the world.

Click Here

Also, I've noticed that there hasn't been a single comment posted on the gallery since this time yesterday, is anyone coming across any problems with the new comments system at all ?

Please feel free to get commenting on some of the images in the gallery, and as always let me know if you find any bugs or errors.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

BurnSide

I'm just having troubles thinking of stuff to say in them.

I want to avoid gallery comments such as 'Hey, cool pic'.

I'll get to it tho. I'm sure everyone will eventually.

Saru

Thanks Burnside thumbsup.gif

In many ways the gallery comments system is like starting off a new discussion forum, it's slow to begin with but once it picks up it should be fine.

BurnSide

Exactly.

Man, i just went through the whole 'World of the Bizarre' gallery. Those be some brilliant pictures, hahah. Good stuff!

BurnSide

Here is an idea, although it may be needless and hard to code.

The possibility of turning on an opinion to get a instant message when someone posts a comment on an image that you'ev also commented on?

Saru

That's certainly possible, but it would take quite a lot of work to achieve. There are still a lot of comments system tweaks that need doing, but I think adding private message notifications would be too time-consuming unfortunately.

man_in_mudboots

goodie! im going to go comment right now.

BurnSide
That's certainly possible, but it would take quite a lot of work to achieve. There are still a lot of comments system tweaks that need doing, but I think adding private message notifications would be too time-consuming unfortunately.

undersood. thumbsup.gif