Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does California Have Bigfoot AND Werewolves?

NatureBoff

Here's a report which shows a photo of a werewolf rather than a bigfoot imo Clackamas County, December, 1997. The 2009 bigfoot account is typical Humbolt County 2009. So, both hyrax and bigfoot in the coastal ranges?

Here's someone else who thinks along the same lines Three-Toed Sasquatches: A Physiological Perplexity Wrapped Within An Enigma

Edited by Smugfish

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cetacea

• NatureBoff

• 667-Neighbor of the Beast

• Mattshark

Here's a report which shows a photo of a werewolf rather than a bigfoot imo Clackamas County, December, 1997. The 2009 bigfoot account is typical Humbolt County 2009. So, both hyrax and bigfoot in the coastal ranges?

Here's someone else who thinks along the same lines Three-Toed Sasquatches: A Physiological Perplexity Wrapped Within An Enigma

So, what makes you think the first one is a werewolf??

So, what makes you think the first one is a werewolf??

The photo doesn't show the big bulky hulk of a classic bigfoot shape. It does show dog-like back legs and an arched back, as if the creature is normally four-legged imo.

Here's three-toed tracks in Michigan Three toed track found, grunting heard, 1997.

Here's another bigfoot3

Here in a bigfoot discussion forum Three Toed Tracks, Possible analogy in humans

Here's another Three Toed Track

My favourite THE NIGHTSTALKER OF EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE:

Assuming the lights to be from a car, Barton drove toward them in order to intercept any unauthorized trespassers. The lights vanished when he arrived at the site where he had last seen them, but now he found his vehicle mired in the soft desert sand. Walking approximately two miles back to base, the sergeant intercepted a patrol and they radioed for a tow truck. When the truck arrived and everyone returned to the Sergeant’s vehicle, they found 3-toed tracks measuring 14 inches long with what appeared to be a clawed digit at the heel. The wind was blowing soft sand and the footprints were filling in rapidly, making any precise identifications difficult. But whatever "it" was had completely circled the truck as if inspecting it and then walked off on two legs into the desert.

Erhh, hello, "..they found 3-toed tracks measuring 14 inches long with what appeared to be a clawed digit at the heel."

Edited by Smugfish

The photo doesn't show the big bulky hulk of a classic bigfoot shape. It does show dog-like back legs and an arched back, as if the creature is normally four-legged imo.

To me, it is just a silhouette with no detail. Could be a cardboard cutout for all we know. I would hesitate to say it is anything conclusively, much less a bigfoot or werewolf.

That is undeniably a very good clear picture of a blobster, a shapeless beast that never ever lets you see any detailed parts of its body and only shows itself in completely out of focus pictures.

blink.gif

To me, it is just a silhouette with no detail. Could be a cardboard cutout for all we know. I would hesitate to say it is anything conclusively, much less a bigfoot or werewolf.

The eye-witness account is from a professional though, so I think it makes the account more credible than most.

post-94765-126753287029_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smugfish

The eye-witness account is from a professional though, so I think it makes the account more credible than most.

Where is the story from the eye witness?? Is this supposed to be it along with the photograph?? It says nothing about it being a werewolf.

Plus, I have personally seen and heard eyewitness testimonies from "professionals", that later turned out to be mistakes, misidentifications, and even hoaxes.

I would like it if all the bigfoot stories now shifted to werewolf stories.

Points to impossibility of werewolves.

doesn't stop the bigfoot people though...

I LOVE the Rorschach-ness of this though.

If I showed that picture to 100 people with no back story, they would likely say what I thought when I saw it... it is hard to say what it is, but it sure does look like the sillohuette of a female wearing calf high boots, a skirt, and a hooded jacket. IF one can even discern that from the blur and the fog.

But if you find someone who WANTS to believe in werewolves, and you make up a little backstory, THEN show them the image, suddenly it's a werewolf.

I always find it amusing that there is usually ONE photo. If I had a camera and saw a werewolf (snicker..) I would have been snapping pictures like crazy. But what I suspect happened is that an analysis of the 10 or so photos preceding and following the "werewolf" photo would show a woman walking along the ridge in the fog. One is ambiguous enough that someone decided to make up a story about it.

Who would snap ONE photo of a monster or a bigfoot?

Edited by Neognosis

I would like it if all the bigfoot stories now shifted to werewolf stories.

Something comes to mind about "watching what you ask for", but it would kinda break the monotony, wouldn't it.

yes, it would. I could also stop listing all the biological imperatives that make bigfoot unlikely and start learning about werewolves for a change of pace.

could the new rash of werewolf sightings have anything to do with bigfoot being old news, and a new Werewolf film being in theaters right now? Nah, people couldnt' be THAT suggestible, right?

Edited by Neognosis

yes, it would. I could also stop listing all the biological imperatives that make bigfoot unlikely and start learning about werewolves for a change of pace.

could the new rash of werewolf sightings have anything to do with bigfoot being old news, and a new Werewolf film being in theaters right now? Nah, people couldnt' be THAT suggestible, right?

The Wolfman film, and the popularity of the Twilight series, which is both vampires and werewolves. I'm still waiting for someone to actually make a report that they saw a vampire that "sparkled".

What about the Edwards Airforce Base (California) encounter of three-toed tracks!? THE NIGHTSTALKER OF EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE. You're saying that author Peter Guttilla, 1994, Upland, California is also a fake?

If I showed that picture to 100 people with no back story, they would likely say what I thought when I saw it... it is hard to say what it is, but it sure does look like the sillohuette of a female wearing calf high boots, a skirt, and a hooded jacket. IF one can even discern that from the blur and the fog.

LOL now we know what you want to see ;) If I look really hard I see a butchy type chick ready with the whip lol

What about the Edwards Airforce Base (California) encounter of three-toed tracks!? THE NIGHTSTALKER OF EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE. You're saying that author Peter Guttilla, 1994, Upland, California is also a fake?

Just because he was telling the truth, does not mean he wasn't wrong.

and huge, 5 toed bare, human-like footprints

Deliberate misrepresentation, typical.

I thought:

Bigfoots don't coexist with werewolves, which shows the northern extent of the hyrax range across the continent. I intend to draw a line across the USA showing the border between northern Sasquatch and the southern Hyrax.

You really, really, really need to get your story straight.

Points to impossibility of werewolves.

I don't think he means werewolves in the traditional sense but rather the elusive giant hyrax that looks like a werewolf but also like a cat and like a lizard, evolved in Israel but also Patagonia and Ethiopia and the UK, has short rounded ears but also 'long cow like' ones, has no tail and a short tail and a long bushy one, is aggressive but also peaceful, herbivorous but also omnivorous and even predatory and lives/used to live in France in a symbiotic relationship with another meat eating cryptid (together they are responsible for the story of the 'beast' of Gevaudan), all of which is, due to the secretive nature of this species, obviously not supported by evidence or the fossil record or compliant with scientific evidence and about which he has started loads of threads now and has invaded countless others with it, without so much as a shred of evidence or the courtesy of responding to criticisms with anything other than a random unrelated link that does not support what he is saying in the slightest.

Edited by Cetacea

OH MY GOD! A story and some depressions in the dirt, or a story ABOUT some depressions in the dirt! The wolfman must be stalking Edwards Air Force Base!!!

hile no official report of this incident can be found in the archives of the base’s Historical Department

Come on... imagination is good, but temper it with some critical analysis.

I thought:

You really, really, really need to get your story straight.

Maybe they get along better than I initially anticipated. They don't eat the same things after all. Mutual respect goes a long way.

Maybe they get along better than I initially anticipated. They don't eat the same things after all. Mutual respect goes a long way.

Maybe you need to start producing some evidence and stop making things up. But hey, you didn't know they existed a few weeks ago so of course you wouldn't know anything. Though conversely enough to simultaneously be a giant hyrax expert that can prove beyond doubt that every four legged cryptid all over the world is a giant hyrax. Oh. Wait.

Respect is a human trait. Big foots and werewolves would not get along as when the werewolf turned back to a human the bigfoot would have the advantage. Animals always use the advantage. Holy crap did I just type that LOL

Respect is a human trait. Big foots and werewolves would not get along as when the werewolf turned back to a human the bigfoot would have the advantage.

I'm a bit unsure if he's actually anticipating changes or whether he is just saying hyrax look like werewolves, as always the idea presented is more than a bit on the fuzzy side, keep it open to random additions of future features I suppose.

Although some sympatric carnivores do 'get along' by temporal and spatial avoidance, like bears and wolves for instance. But those are real animals that have been proven to exist of course. Now what would be fascinating to know is how the giant hyrax fits in ecologically in North American ecology.... but I am not going to hold my breathe for an answer.

Respect is a human trait. Big foots and werewolves would not get along as when the werewolf turned back to a human the bigfoot would have the advantage. Animals always use the advantage. Holy crap did I just type that LOL

The werewolf is a hyrax imo i.e. a normal animal. Here's an account which suggests the hyrax exists deep in British Columbia, sasquatch territory:
2. June 1969 Mamquam, BC Gordon Ferrier Saw hairy biped with bushy tail; 3-toed tracks found later.

and huge, 5 toed bare, human-like footprints

Deliberate misrepresentation, typical.

To be fair a bit further down it says:

When the truck arrived and everyone returned to the Sergeant’s vehicle, they found 3-toed tracks measuring 14 inches long with what appeared to be a clawed digit at the heel.

I'm not vouching for the report's accuracy but just pointing out that it does reference a "3-toed" track.