Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circumcision should be a crime

Karlis

I like being cut. It's a more classical shape, far more aesthetically pleasing than the dune worm look I've seen on others.

LOL - the dune worm :D

My parents had it done to me... I don't remember it at all and I'm quite happy the way I am.

By the way while we are on the topic of circumcision here's a question.

Q: How do you circumcise a whale?

A: Send down 4 skin divers. :)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

• danielost

• HerNibs

It is also being done to promote homosexuality and push the gay agenda because most gay men prefer uncut.

How would you know this?

also even though I know not too many people like Wikipedia, I still found this link for people to read on. Make it a personal or parental decision...not a government issue. because then you really are giving the government power over EVERYTHING YOU DO.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Circumcision

As I said before, unless there is a genuine medical reason then empower the child when he/she reaches majority to decide for him/her self. Parental decision to allow mutilation should not be tolerated in this age, after all, it's a bit late for the child to decide that he does not want the procedure when his / her parents have taken the decision out of his / her hands already.

Parents do not always know what is best, and if it is based on their own religious conceits then that makes it all the more indefensible.

This is absolutely NOT a 'parental choice'. With no legitmate medical reason - it's mutilation, pure and simple.

What about abortion then?

As I said before, unless there is a genuine medical reason then empower the child when he/she reaches majority to decide for him/her self. Parental decision to allow mutilation should not be tolerated in this age, after all, it's a bit late for the child to decide that he does not want the procedure when his / her parents have taken the decision out of his / her hands already.

Parents do not always know what is best, and if it is based on their own religious conceits then that makes it all the more indefensible.

A little snip snip isn't all that bad. How about we make parents wait till there children are of age of concent to decide what and if they want to be religious instead of parents forcing there beliefs.

Edited by The Silver Thong

What about abortion then?

That's going off-topic Aroces. Why not leave abortion to another thread?

Karlis

Karlis

Correct :tu:

Karlis

I think its a legitimate question to those who find it inhuman to have their child circumcise but abortion is cool.

Dont you think?

I think its a legitimate question to those who find it inhuman to have their child circumcise but abortion is cool.

Dont you think?

No. The topic here is pretty clear, it is not about abortion. That is a completely different thread.

No. The topic here is pretty clear, it is not about abortion. That is a completely different thread.

But abortion solely is not being discuss here, there is relation of this topic and abortion since it both concern the parents decision making.

I think that is a good thing to discuss, dont you think?

Besides, I am not suddenly talking about the 9/11.

Edited by AROCES

But abortion solely is not being discuss here, the realation of this topic and abortion.

I think that is a good thing to discuss, dont you think?

I made myself very clear. It is off topic and would take the thread in a direction it has nothing to do with. Feel free to start a thread specifically for the purpose if you wish, but do not take this one off topic.

Way too much concern over way to insignificant a subject. It's the same as worrying about little girls getting their ears pierced.

Really? Says who? Please list your source.

This is just ridiculous.

Nibs

Just a hunch.

Great..now I'm feeling guilty for having it done to my boys....one of the reasons I remember hearing was that it was more hygienic and someone said it was visually more attractive. (Which IMO is true.) :ph34r:

They've suffered no ill effects to date, though.

Great..now I'm feeling guilty for having it done to my boys....one of the reasons I remember hearing was that it was more hygienic and someone said it was visually more attractive. (Which IMO is true.) :ph34r:

They've suffered no ill effects to date, though.

Don't feel guilty as your boys would probably thank you for that decission ;)

I know I'm thankful.

Edited by The Silver Thong

I got the snip. Of course, I don't even know what a foreskin looks like, lol, other than descriptions here and there. I forget if I ever asked my parents if they had it done, but considering I have nothing of the sort that they're talking about here, I'm pretty sure I got it done.

Way too much concern over way to insignificant a subject. It's the same as worrying about little girls getting their ears pierced.

You miss the point Aquatus1.... it is about removing something that cannot be replaced. Having an ear pierced is hardly the same thing. Except, perhaps both are bowing to vanity, and possibly the parents.

If you consider the subject of the topic "way too insignificant" then I wonder why you are bothering to take part in this forum at all.

Just a hunch.

hang on, you come out with some wild conspiracy theory and then just shrug "I dunno, just a hunch"? What, according to your theory, is the agenda here? The government is trying to convert people to homosexuality, and this is a way to do it? How exactly?

Hold on, let me see if I can find an appropriate ..... :wacko: ah, that'll do.

You miss the point Aquatus1....

No, I just consider it insignificant.

it is about removing something that cannot be replaced. Having an ear pierced is hardly the same thing. Except, perhaps both are bowing to vanity, and possibly the parents.

So? What's so important about the foreskin that removing it is some sort of shocker? Why would loosing your foreskin affect you any more than loosing your baby teeth?

If you consider the subject of the topic "way too insignificant" then I wonder why you are bothering to take part in this forum at all.

You are missing the point. The topic is way too insignificant to worrying or declare yourself to be sick or shocked by it. Discussing it is fine.

Consider a few things:

An erect uncircumcised penis looks very much the same as a circumcised penis.

I find it extremely ironic when women claim that they would circumcise their sons because they find an uncircumcised penis less appealing to look at than a circumcised penis.... if men were pushing to have women surgically trim their labia, I think these same women would be singing a different tune about genital mutilation for the sake of pleasing the opposite sex...

Just something to consider.

Can't talk about ear piercing or anythinjg else other than circumcision for that is off topic, according to another moderator Fluffybunny.

Can't talk about ear piercing or anythinjg else other than circumcision for that is off topic, according to another moderator Fluffybunny.

:rolleyes:

Go sulk in a corner. Abortions have absolutely nothing to do with with cosmetic body modifications. Ear piercings, tattoos, and girdles do. Get over it.

:rolleyes:

Go sulk in a corner. Abortions have absolutely nothing to do with with cosmetic body modifications. Ear piercings, tattoos, and girdles do. Get over it.

Personally, I get a funny feeling in my stomach when I walk by a baby with its ears pierced... I think it's something that the child should decide they want to have done. At a suitable age, obviously.

Some people in this thread have referred to circumcision as 'mutilation' and I've heard others call body piercings mutilations too, so I'd say (imo) circumcision is also something the person in question should decide they want to have done.

Personally, I get a funny feeling in my stomach when I walk by a baby with its ears pierced... I think it's something that the child should decide they want to have done. At a suitable age, obviously.

Some people in this thread have referred to circumcision as 'mutilation' and I've heard others call body piercings mutilations too, so I'd say (imo) circumcision is also something the person in question should decide they want to have done.

Given the nature of the procedure..I don't believe there's any anesthetic used..it might be better that it's done when they're a day or two old, rather than at an age where they'll remember it for the rest of their lives.

Yes but when at an age of concent the minor surgery could cost hundreds of dollars and many would or might be to embarassed to address the issue. I didn't know I was circumsized till I learnt what that meant. I thought that was how it was suppose to look.