Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circumcision should be a crime

Karlis

hang on, you come out with some wild conspiracy theory and then just shrug "I dunno, just a hunch"? What, according to your theory, is the agenda here? The government is trying to convert people to homosexuality, and this is a way to do it? How exactly?

Hold on, let me see if I can find an appropriate ..... :wacko: ah, that'll do.

I don't think it's a wild conspiracy theory at all. In fact, I think it's a rather plausible one. Gay men are well known to prefer uncut men. And Mass. is also well known for pushing the gay agenda.

Sometimes the true answer to a question is the most obvious one.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

• danielost

• HerNibs

I don't think it's a wild conspiracy theory at all. In fact, I think it's a rather plausible one. Gay men are well known to prefer uncut men. And Mass. is also well known for pushing the gay agenda.

You keep saying that (bolded). How do you know? I know many many gay men. Called about 6 of them. They didn't agree with you.

Nibs

No, I just consider it insignificant.

So? What's so important about the foreskin that removing it is some sort of shocker? Why would loosing your foreskin affect you any more than loosing your baby teeth?

You are missing the point. The topic is way too insignificant to worrying or declare yourself to be sick or shocked by it. Discussing it is fine.

I am not even suggesting that losing my foreskin would affect me on a psychological level - but I would like the option to choose for myself. Losing baby teeth is an entirely natural progression in child development and therefore beyond my control.

Neither have I declared myself to be "sick or shocked" by the practise as it is largely based on (historically) the desire for good health, as was refraining from eating pork.

It is now relegated to an unecessary procedure in all but a very small number of medical cases and therefore should be discontinued without written consent by the adult undertaking this procedure.

You keep saying that (bolded). How do you know? I know many many gay men. Called about 6 of them. They didn't agree with you.

You certainly do your research! :lol:

You certainly do your research! :lol:

:P Well, technically it was only three calls and two of the couples already think I'm nuts. Two are in the next office.

Wasn't too tough. I can still here one guy giggling.

Nibs

Have you conducted first, I was going to say hand, research into the matter? Or is this another of those "everyone knows"?

Have you conducted first, I was going to say hand, research into the matter? Or is this another of those "everyone knows"?

He must have inside info on this as I have never heard of that befor now. Wonder why gay guys like uncut? wait a sec I don't want to know lol

Given the nature of the procedure..I don't believe there's any anesthetic used..it might be better that it's done when they're a day or two old, rather than at an age where they'll remember it for the rest of their lives.

Yes but when at an age of concent the minor surgery could cost hundreds of dollars and many would or might be to embarassed to address the issue. I didn't know I was circumsized till I learnt what that meant. I thought that was how it was suppose to look.

I suppose you both have points... I am largely uneducated on the matter, and just felt like sticking my oar in.

edit:...Unfortunate choice of phrasing there, I think!

Edited by storminateacup

Given the nature of the procedure..I don't believe there's any anesthetic used..it might be better that it's done when they're a day or two old, rather than at an age where they'll remember it for the rest of their lives.

There is no anesthetic when the procedure is done as an infant however I can assure you as an adult there is noway one could go through that without it. *ohhhhh just thinking about it hurts*

LOL @ Libby

Edited by The Silver Thong

Yes but when at an age of concent the minor surgery could cost hundreds of dollars and many would or might be to embarassed to address the issue.

Why doesn't that apply to people who were circumcised but then, at a later age, decided they didn't want to be circumcised? Would they not be embarrassed to address the issue? Would it not cost them a lot of money, time and pain to get uncircumcised?

Circumcision is virtually irreversible, and should definitely be the child's/person's choice. Of course it should be illegal to circumcise babies.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

Why doesn't that apply to people who were circumcised but then, at a later age, decided they didn't want to be circumcised? Would they not be embarrassed to address the issue? Would it not cost them a lot of money, time and pain to get uncircumcised?

Can that be done?

I am not being silly, really, can the um...stuff...be re-attached?

Nibs

There is no anesthetic when the procedure is done as an infant however I can assure you as an adult there is noway one could go through that without it. *ohhhhh just thinking about it hurts*

LOL @ Libby

Oh, I have no doubt they use some kind of anesthetic on an adult, but it would still be something a man couldn't think about without wincing. My husband had a vasectomy years ago and he still doesn't like to talk about it. :lol:

Can that be done?

Nibs

It can be done, but it's pretty painful and takes a long time, I believe. No person should go through that because of something that was done to them without their consent.

Since my husband is Jewish... er... uh. And all the males in our family...

Does this mean that you people out there don't consider this a common procedure? I sort of thought it was the norm.

I don't know how I feel about it. I've always heard that circumcised guys are less likely to get bladder infections and therefore it's a good thing, but I'm not up on the latest research. I guess I don't think it should be done if there's no medical advantage at all.

It can be done, but it's pretty painful and takes a long time, I believe. No person should go through that because of something that was done to them without their consent.

Hmmm...interesting...I shall utilize my Google-fu.

Nibs

*wondering how I am going to explain these searches to my IT guys*

For the life of me I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to reverse it? I wonder what else we subject children to that we should wait for their concent. I think religion can be quit cruel and more damaging, how about we are not allowed to take children to church until they can concent.

For the life of me I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to reverse it? I wonder what else we subject children to that we should wait for their concent. I think religion can be quit cruel and more damaging, how about we are not allowed to take children to church until they can concent.

That sounds right to me.. unless there is an obvious health advantage no ritual mutilation.

Isn't circumcision the norm anymore? It used to be.

and go to school, brush their teeth, take a bath, be polite, etc....... until they can concent OR a legistation has been passed..

Edited by AROCES

That sounds right to me.. unless there is an obvious health advantage no ritual mutilation.

Isn't circumcision the norm anymore? It used to be.

Dunno. :) I think some one posted some statistics, way back on page one or two.

:D I do know that many of my son's friends also were not snipped.

Nibs

Can that be done?

Nibs

And more to the point, where do they get the, er, parts from? Think about that for a moment.

And more to the point, where do they get the, er, parts from? Think about that for a moment.

stem cells...?

stem cells...?

Reminds me of the episode when Joey have to do a nude scene and he has to fake a forskin with some corned beef LOL

It doesn't matter why they'd want it reversed. Point is, it would cost them money, time and pain to do it. Did they ask for a circumcision? Is it easily reversible? The answer to both of those questions is: No.

And you can't possibly be comparing school or bathing to circumcision...

I think it grows back.

Google is your friend.

I think it grows back.

Google is your friend.

I've read things about weights and um...pulling type things.

In many of the results here, Google isn't your friend, he's more like the creepy uncle that no one talks about and your mom won't let babysit.

:P

Nibs

And you can't possibly be comparing school or bathing to circumcision...

I never said that ;) I used religion :)

It grows back LOL