Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circumcision should be a crime

Karlis

I never said that ;) I used religion :)

That was directed at Aroces. :blush:

And I don't think religion should be forced on children. You can talk to them about it when they're young, but ultimately it's their decision.

It grows back LOL

It's true, I think. It's painful and takes a long time, but I can't be bothered looking it up right now.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

• danielost

• HerNibs

And I don't think religion should be forced on children. You can talk to them about it when they're young, but ultimately it's their decision.

It's true, I think. It's painful and takes a long time, but I can't be bothered looking it up right now.

I don't think it grows back. I've been married for 20 years and there's been no change as far as that goes. I don't have the nerve to ask my sons.

I kinda thought you refered to Aroces. No it doesn't grow back man. 37 yrs here and no change thank goodness cause if it did I would get it done again. Even though I would be freakin out LOL

Edited by The Silver Thong

No it doesn't grow back man. 37 yrs here and no change thank goodness cause if it did I would get it done again.

I'm glad to hear that. I was getting images that it would kind of be like having to go every so often to get a trim. "A little off the top and, er, a bit round the back...." :unsure2::unsure::blink::o

I kinda thought you refered to Aroces. No it doesn't grow back man. 37 yrs here and no change thank goodness cause if it did I would get it done again. Even though I would be freakin out LOL

Maybe, but first you would declare yourself a medical miracle and get rich showing everyone your winky. :P

Nibs

I'm against circumcision. The hygiene "issue" is just plain ridiculous. How lazy can you be really, to amputate part of your body just so you don't have to wash it? It literally takes 2 seconds to wash.

Secondly, circumcision for "beauty" purposes is just plain disgusting and shallow. Who cares if the mom thinks it looks better, she'll never see her son naked once he's a bit older. Secondly, it looks pretty much the same when excited, if you know what I mean.

Finally, why do I feel like it would be a bigger deal if girls would get their labia cut? When you think about it, it's exactly like foreskin, it's just "extra skin".

Guys, if your girlfriend ever wants you to get cut, tell her you'll do it if she gets her thing cut too. Don't mutilate your body for a girl shallow like that.

P.S. Keep your "turleneck" comments to yourselves. It's insulting and really immature.

Edited by Dasmian

I've actually been with a few women who prefer a circumsized male and would've considered it a "deal breaker" had I not been circumsized. *shrug* Plus it's cleaner for the woman, isn't it?

Thank god I'm not a mutant and don't have that healing factor that the Marvel characters have...heh, everything grows back lol

Edited by SpiderCyde

I've actually been with a few women who prefer a circumsized male and would've considered it a "deal breaker" had I not been circumsized. *shrug* Plus it's cleaner for the woman, isn't it?

Why would you want to be with a girl like that anyway? I'd leave her before she did.

Why would you want to be with a girl like that anyway? I'd leave her before she did.

Um...well, because she was hot, why else? lol

I guess this is going to be a shocker for some: If you're gross and don't wash properly it doesn't matter all that much if you're 'clipped' or 'not clipped'. :yes:

I guess this is going to be a shocker for some: If you're gross and don't wash properly it doesn't matter all that much if you're 'clipped' or 'not clipped'. :yes:

Yup. #1 rule.

Nibs

Um...well, because she was hot, why else? lol

Man, stay away from those girls. :P

Next thing you know she'll chose your clothes and your haircut for you.

Edited by Dasmian

I'm glad to hear that. I was getting images that it would kind of be like having to go every so often to get a trim. "A little off the top and, er, a bit round the back...." :unsure2::unsure::blink::o

It's a very nasty thought and I think if that was case nobody would do it and if they did it would be only once I bet. LOL

Man, stay away from those girls. :P

Yep, trust me, I do, I've learned that the hard way (no pun intended). lol

*self crickets*

Edited by SpiderCyde

I have to say, this has been one of the most entertaining threads I've seen in a long time. lol

I have to say, this has been one of the most entertaining threads I've seen in a long time. lol

Had to throw that "long" in there, didn't ya. :rolleyes: lol

For shame Michelle, for shaaaaaaaaame.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Had to throw that "long" in there, didn't ya. :rolleyes: lol

For shame Michelle, for shaaaaaaaaame.

I've literally had tears running down my face on this one. LMAO!!!

Oh dear, I can imagine the wheels turning on that comment. lol

Edited by Michelle

Had to throw that "long" in there, didn't ya

Bahahahahahaha throw it in there baaahahahahahaha LOL (my smilies don't work from work damn it !!!

so let me get this straight,you think women can chose to have an abortion for no reason, but parents cant decide to give a circumcision? its ok to kill babies, but whatever you do, dont do something out of religion that doesnt affect them in any bad way? maybe we should find all of the kids who are circumcised and their parents and execute them, we could have a party and sing "happy late abortion" or something fun

Edited by DevilDogPratt

so let me get this straight, most of you people are for abortion, but against circumcision? its ok to kill babies, but whatever you do, dont do something out of religion that doesnt affect them in any bad way? maybe we should find all of the kids who are circumcised and their parents and execute them, we could have a party and sing "happy late abortion" or something fun

We already covered this. Abortion is another topic. If you wish to start a thread to discuss it, feel free, but not here.

Since my husband is Jewish... er... uh. And all the males in our family...

Does this mean that you people out there don't consider this a common procedure? I sort of thought it was the norm.

I don't know how I feel about it. I've always heard that circumcised guys are less likely to get bladder infections and therefore it's a good thing, but I'm not up on the latest research. I guess I don't think it should be done if there's no medical advantage at all.

It's extremely common in the USA to circumcise. Of the men I've known well enough to have that kind of infomration on, I've only known two that weren't.

Thank god I'm not a mutant and don't have that healing factor that the Marvel characters have...heh, everything grows back lol

This is where I think the issue is... of the two guys I knew who were not snipped, one of them was SUPER self-conscious about the fact that he wasn't. So self-conscious that he almost never dated, and even saw a doctor about having the procedure done when he was around 30 years old. Apparently the surgury for an adult is much different than for a baby. A great deal more painful, and a MUCH longer recovery time. Over the years, he had run into issues with women who were less than comfortable with his uncut parts... all it took was a couple of negative comments from gals to make him pretty much unsure of himself for the rest of his life. You can say "who'd want to be with a girl like that?" but you don't know she has a preference one way or another until someone says something. Then it's an emotional beating around a sensitive topic and typically the end of a relationship... be that good or bad. It's pretty bad psychologically either way. I also dated a guy for a quite some time who was uncut (makes no difference to me), but honestly? When we first got serious about our relationship, he repeatedly apologized to me for not being cut.... nevermind that I was NOT the one to say anything. Made no difference to me, but he had a hard time believing that.

THat might be TMI, but I think it does, depending on the culture, affect some men negatively to be in the minority that way. In the USA, most men about my age anyway are circumcised.

Some girls are just way too picky. Seriously. :rolleyes:

Guys have to worry about their size AND the foreskin. It's ridiculous.

I'm glad not all girls are like that.

Edit: By the way, the USA is one of the only developed country where it's done regularly and is pretty much a majority. In other countries, it's mostly for religious purposes, like Judaism.

Canada: The Canadian Institute for Health Information, which in 1994 took over the national Hospital Database from Statistics Canada, reports that in fiscal 1996/97, circumcision was performed as a primary procedure on about 20 percent of Canadian male neonates, however by 2005, this had declined to 9.2 percent, which brings the genital integrity rate up to 90.8 percent.

http://www.cirp.org/library/statistics/Canada/

Edited by Dasmian

I don't think it grows back. I've been married for 20 years and there's been no change as far as that goes. I don't have the nerve to ask my sons.

It doesn't grow back on its own. I don't remember exactly how it works.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=forskin+restoration&go=&form=QBRE&qs=n

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

It was standard practice for many years and was even done without the parents consent. My husband wasn't and it doesn't bother either of us. I honestly can't understand why it would concern a woman one way or the other.

Can I get my ears cut off too because it'd be easier to clean behind them if I did.

Seriously if the only arguments for it are cosmetic and religious then let the boy decide when he reaches the age of reason.