Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circumcision should be a crime

Karlis

I think it should be illegal to circumcise children/ babies, but adults should be allowed to make the decision by them selves.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

• danielost

• HerNibs

It was standard practice for many years and was even done without the parents consent. My husband wasn't and it doesn't bother either of us. I honestly can't understand why it would concern a woman one way or the other.

Well, there's the whole decreased sexual pleasure thing if the man is circumcised. :geek:

Well, there's the whole decreased sexual pleasure thing if the man is circumcised. :geek:

Which brings me to a new disturbing thought...

How would they know? Just how is this studied?

Guy snipped from birth wouldn't know.

I am assuming that a guy un-snipped wouldn't volunteer to have it snipped for a study.

"Sir, would you like to participate in a study?"

"Sure! Always glad to help!"

"Ok, we are going to circumcise you because we hear that your pleasure will be decreased during sex and we want to see if it's true."

*runs screaming holding tightly to winky*

Nibs

I was only responding to a woman's point of view. If she is that shallow...dump her.

Which brings me to a new disturbing thought...

How would they know? Just how is this studied?

Guy snipped from birth wouldn't know.

I am assuming that a guy un-snipped wouldn't volunteer to have it snipped for a study.

"Sir, would you like to participate in a study?"

"Sure! Always glad to help!"

"Ok, we are going to circumcise you because we hear that your pleasure will be decreased during sex and we want to see if it's true."

*runs screaming holding tightly to winky*

Nibs

I figure they went to people who had a circumcision at a later age (as opposed to when they were born), and asked them. Plus, there are many people who were circumcised but then had a foreskin restoration ("reverse circumcision) thing.

I was only responding to a woman's point of view. If she is that shallow...dump her.

It's not a big enough difference to be a problem. I'm not sure how noticeable a difference it is, but it is a difference... probably.

It doesn't really matter.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

It's not a big enough difference to be a problem. I'm not sure how noticeable a difference it is, but it is a difference... probably.

HAHAHA! If nobody has ever complained to you then it hasn't been a problem...probably...maybe...oh well....*wink*

I figure they went to people who had a circumcision at a later age (as opposed to when they were born), and asked them. Plus, there are many people who were circumcised but then had a foreskin restoration ("reverse circumcision) thing.

Huh...ok, that makes sense.

What an oddly informative thread this is.

Nibs

Ok, I'll 'fess up. I prefer a man who is cut. It's not a deal breaker or anything, nor would I make fun of anyone who wasn't. It's just aesthetically pleasing to me. Just like some guys prefer itty bitty women and some prefer blonde hair, etc. I'll also say that when I was with a man who was uncut, I tended to get more yeast infections and more UTI's than I do now that I'm seeing a cut man. It could be coincidence, I suppose. It just seems odd to me. Maybe he didn't wash himself? But he was a clean man otherwise, so I don't think that was the problem.

As for the legal issue. Really? It needs to be legislated? No. This is not something any government has a right to dictate and I fail to see why anyone would think it is. Circumcision is neither psychologically damaging, nor does it have lasting effects. (I do believe that cut men enjoy sex, yes?) Since this is happening in Massachusetts, my opinion is that it's being done to cut costs to their public option health care. No references on that, just my opinion.

It's not a big enough .

Try asking a women that question :w00t: Sorry dude :innocent:

As far as the sensitivity goes it means a guy who has been snipped won't have as much issue with ummm you know pre mature ejaculation B)

Just in general the government has no right what so ever to get involved in this. If thats the case then they will have to tell parents they can't teach there kids to ride a bike till there 16 or they can't play sports because they might hit there head and become brain damaged. This is a parents call no other's.

HAHAHA! If nobody has ever complained to you then it hasn't been a problem...probably...maybe...oh well....*wink*

Nobody has ever complained to me, Michelle. ;)

How less satisfying is sex to circumcised people? I don't know, but it can't be that bad. Circumcision is apparently healthier, and the only difference is [allegedly] slightly decreased sexual pleasure, so I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think I support making it illegal anymore.

I couldn't help but see the add on the bottom of this thread :lol:

* Snip (no pun intended) *

:blink:

It was there a min ago I swear :yes:

Sorry, ST. No discussing the content of the ads - it's a rule imposed by Google so that future ad results aren't unduly weighted

Edited by Tiggs

Nobody has ever complained to me, Michelle. ;)

How less satisfying is sex to circumcised people? I don't know, but it can't be that bad. Circumcision is apparently healthier, and the only difference is [allegedly] slightly decreased sexual pleasure, so I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think I support making it illegal anymore.

Well, this must be a good thread to get PI to change his mind. Kudos. Not a government issue, it's a private one. Now, if American Citizens were the ones to bring this issue to the state legislators, they should just use peer pressure to regulate it. After all, we all know that while law does draw the line for people, it's custom that /really/ keeps us in line. It's not just the threat of jail that keeps most citizens behaving, it's the effect jail and even just being charged and exhonerated have on our social lives.

I herd about a grown man who had the chop to please his new g/f.

He said it was noticably less plesurable, and for me thats a problem as if i was any less plesured durring sex i would need the stamina of a maraton runner.

I too don't agree with any religion/ideal that wants to hurt a child for aesthetic reasons.

Oh god, I can't believe people can even try comparing this to a clitoridectomy. :no: Do a little research if you really believe that.

Oh god, I can't believe people can even try comparing this to a clitoridectomy. :no: Do a little research if you really believe that.

There is no comparing the two. Clitoridectomy is extremely nasty in comparison.

A. No. Men might suffer a "reduction" in pleasure, but women, they'd lose all of it after that. The female operation is far worse, and the only excuse anyone ever uses for it is religion. We all know which one, so I won't defile myself by naming it.

B. And the reason they do circumcisions in the first place now is actually infections. I saw my mom online and first thing I asked her was whether I'd gotten the snip. . . lol. She said yes and told me because it was healthier, that it reduced infections. I believe that, too. At the very least that that's what the doctors told my parents.

Edited by J.B.

I heard about a grown man who had the chop to please his new g/f.

He said it was noticably less plesurable

It makes sense when you think about it.

There were so many nerves that were cut out and destroyed that used to be there.

In addition to this loss of pleasure, now think about if this occurs when the male is a baby, then think of years and years of exposure of the head to clothing, the sensation will be dulled even more.

For those men that say that they were circumcised as a baby and don't mind that it was done I feel sad, because they don't know how sensitive and pleasureable a normal and natural head is, and don't realize what they are missing.

It's sad that this is done by some parents just because of cleanliness... all it takes is a few seconds to roll the skin back and clean the head with some soap and water and roll it back, I'll gladly do that every day to properly maintain the pleasure that I get from it...

How sad it is that the guy above got circumcised to please his g/f and ended up finding it "noticably less pleasurable", but how informative it can be to anyone thinking of doing this to a little innocent baby.

Let the baby grow up and decide for themself, it's their body, let them decide.

A. No. Men might suffer a "reduction" in pleasure, but women, they'd lose all of it after that. The female operation is far worse, and the only excuse anyone ever uses for it is religion. We all know which one, so I won't defile myself by naming it.

B. And the reason they do circumcisions in the first place now is actually infections. I saw my mom online and first thing I asked her was whether I'd gotten the snip. . . lol. She said yes and told me because it was healthier, that it reduced infections. I believe that, too. At the very least that that's what the doctors told my parents.

Cleaning that area and being taught proper hygene will mean that there is no risk for infections. Back in the day where people only bathed once or twice a year the "it stops infections" line might be true.

Hey tiggs sorry about that. I did not know that. It was kinda funny though.

Hey tiggs sorry about that. I did not know that. It was kinda funny though.

I had the jewish thing (no products named) as well, was funny! Good spotting as i never look at the ads.

I had the jewish thing (no products named) as well, was funny! Good spotting as i never look at the ads.

It was perfect for this thread was it not LOL I have no idea how I saw it as I don't normaly pay attention to them either. Tiggs edit and *snip* was classic pun :lol:

Edited by The Silver Thong

I have to say, I'm impress by the amount of smart people in this thread. A thread about circumcision was made on another forum, and honestly they were a bunch of idiots.

I'm not saying you're an idiot if you like circumcision, but at least get your facts straight and don't be shallow. I can understand preferences, but deal breakers? Come on, that's ridiculous. It's the same as a guy who ditch a girl because her breasts are not big enough for him. Absolutely stupid.

Anyway, as for it becoming illegal... I'd say I agree, but only on newborns. Babies can't decide, and it's the baby's body. Let the kid grow up and decide for himself.

Edited by Dasmian

Anyway, as for it becoming illegal... I'd say I agree, but only on newborns. Babies can't decide, and it's the baby's body. Let the kid grow up and decide for himself.

And you do understand what a culture shock that would be to most American families right? Currently, about 92% of Canadian men are NOT circumcised... where as about 80% of American men ARE. You're seeing it from your own cultural bias i think. I'm 43, Like I mentioned, I have only really known of 2 men who were not (that I knew of, I'm sure there were more I didn't know about) and it was hard on both of them from a cultural point of view. Now, it might be that fewer and fewer parents circumcise their boys, but I know ALL my friends did to their sons. Can't think of a single one that did not.

I have to say, I'm impress by the amount of smart people in this thread. A thread about circumcision was made on another forum, and honestly they were a bunch of idiots.

I'm not saying you're an idiot if you like circumcision, but at least get your facts straight and don't be shallow. I can understand preferences, but deal breakers? Come on, that's ridiculous. It's the same as a guy who ditch a girl because her breasts are not big enough for him. Absolutely stupid.

I can't agree on making it illegal as it is every parents right to raise there children as they see fit. If we wanted law to dictate how we raise children we would be looking at a society where the legal system and government has invaded the most private of people lives. If the government gets involved in this it will open a flood gate of do gooders that will have a microscope over everyone dictating how one raises a child.

If we went down this road we would have to make it illegal for everyone and condemn those that practice it, just how well would that go over with the Jewish community and the freedom of religion. We can't just say it's illegal for everyone except this one special group. We can't stop children from getting vaccinations aka shots cause it hurts them right.

The practice does not pose a threat to young boys nor does it leave an infant traumatized for life at least I'm not. Of course this is my opinion nothing more.

Edited by The Silver Thong