Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kids Who Don't Age

Lars Johansson

A weird phenomenon I experienced. When we go to school in Sweden we start when we are around 7 yrs and the years are called let's say 1:st grade, 2:nd grade and so on. Some "anonymous" kids never aged, they looked the same year after year and it bothered me, there were just a few of them. Once I even told my friend that a girl was the same age, because I had seen her since around 1st or 2nd grade and we were on maybe into 6th grade and she answered that she was in 2nd grade, which means that she had stayed the same age for many years. And my friend thought I was completely stupid. Anyway, what it felt like, it's like some kids were like props, they stayed pretty much in the background. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I could have been mistaken of course, kids look very much the same, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• suvituuli

• Lars Johansson

• sjlennon

Well we all age exactly the same but some people may not appear to age or do so much slower. I'm 37 and often thought of as younger. My dad is 60 and looks like he's in his early 40's. As far some looking like props, there are adults like that to lol.

I stayed relatively young looking till I hit 35 or so...ever since though, I age about 10 years every 6 months...:lol:

I stayed relatively young looking till I hit 35 or so...ever since though, I age about 10 years every 6 months...:lol:

Oh you hush girl... You look great ;)

Oh you hush girl... You look great ;)

You don't know how much makeup I go through :P No one in my family has aged gracefully....and I've just started that battle :w00t:

My grandmother is in her 80s and she looks like she's in her mid 60s. I'm 19 and I look like I am 15 - 16. My father is in his 50s and looks like he could be in his 30s. It's all about genetics.

Unless some weird conspiracy is going on, I would imagine a teacher or the staff would notice if they have the same students that don't age for years - so I highly doubt this is true.

Edited by Moonie2012

You don't know how much makeup I go through :P No one in my family has aged gracefully....and I've just started that battle :w00t:

So far your winning your battle ;) I have run into people I went to school with and some I can't believe are the same person.

I'll bet if those "kids" the OP is talking about had to take care of some kids of they're own, they would quickly turn in to The Crypt Keeper, just sayin.

Never heard of anything like this, sounds interesting though if someone had anymore information on it.

But like some of the others here, I've looked exactly the same since I was 12-13. My younger brother, on the other hand, has "aged" incredibly quickly. He's a sophomore in high school but he looks like he should be over twenty; somewhere along the line we must have traded...

Thanks for yor answers. First a comment, it's wonderful that you stay young and healthy, but it is not what I am referring to. What I mean is, first kids were my age exactly, they were in a "neighbor" class, one even went to pre-school with me, then when I aged, these kids stayed on grade 1 and two, they went up from pre-school weirdly enough, but then they stayed among the small kids and didn't age with the rest of us. And they restarted school year 1 or 2 every year. What's normal though, one kid got an electric shock and stayed the same height as in third grade forever, but he went on with us and aged, but that was natural. The other kids I can't explain, I watched what looked like the same kids staying small year after year as if I watched the same movie. The girl my friend asked how old she was, she confirmed that she was on her 1st year or 2nd year, I don't remember, though I strongly beleived that we were classmates once. I thought she was a dwarf like the guy who got the electric shock, that was once explanation I came up with and that she was my age. But she confirmed that she was not my age, she did not just look younger. These are the characteristics, I write those especially for ebonycrow, but for everybody who wants to know: 1. The kids were kids I didn't know too well, possible I knew the first name or not even that 2. The girl I mentioned was a twin (when we were the same age) I don't remember seeing both twins later 3. Some kids on pre-school level seem to have advanced to year 1, possible year two then stopped aging and advancing, not just looked young but stayed there. 4. I remember teachers mostly acting towrads them as props or small helpers rather than children. 5. They didn't dress "right" when it was cold outside for example. 6. They were all quite under average in height and didn't stick out in any way, almost beaving as those people in a movie that just walk in the background and they seemed to repeat there actions forever, they could play ball like forever or bounce a ball against a wall by themselves for hours, sometimes not even getting inside when everybody else went inside to attend a lecture and nobody asked what they were doing.

This could all be my mistake, I could have watched other kids that looked the same etc. And the real kids I once knew changed their hairstyle or something so I didn't recognize them when they aged but the above is what I experienced.

Yeah, I was definitely one of the "late bloomer" kids growing up. When I was in Junior high (7th-8th grade) it seemed that all the kids in my class were growing much faster than me, but then over the summer going into high school, I guess I hit the growth spurt because I was taller than everyone else coming back to school. I always felt like I had a delayed puberty when I was young, and I was already a weird and awkward kid growing up so that didn't help too much either :hmm:

But yeah I've pretty much always looked a few years younger than my actual age. Even tho I'm 22 with a little goat growing on my chin, I usually get mistaken for being 19-20 >_>;

Edited by Lat

I saw an episode of "Eerie Indiana" where this family slept in Tupper Ware at night, and they never aged. :yes:

when i was reading the posts on this subject, i also recalled that same "eerie, indiana" episode. i believe it was

called "forever ware" but i know it was a tupperware type product. the widowed mother and her identical twin sons stayed the same age for twenty or so years until the two investigators helped the brothers escape. the next morning, the brothers and their mother aged twenty or so years to their true ages.

Hehe I could have been that kid. I seem to age very slowly compared to some. People age because their cells copy each other and when you copy a copy each copy gets slightly worse, some people's bodies are just better at making the copies, or don't need to replace cells as often (e.g. if you spend a lot of time in the sun un-protected and are white skinned, this can age your skin quicker as the UV damages cells which then need to be replaced by more copies) :P

It's also the reason why you can't just take a sample of your own DNA and make a fresh new body, it would still be "born" at the same age you currently are.

Edited by Finity

If someone truly didn't age it would make headlines around the world. The fountain of youth is mankind's most ardently desired fantasy. There's no way something like that could happen and escape notice (unless the ageless person was living as a hermit or something).

Heh... once I hit my mid teens I've been told I look in my mid to late twenties.

With my beard people usually guess early thirties, even have white hairs showing up in my beard.

Must....resist....urge....to make....Twilight joke.

I've known people who've seemed to look consistently the same for years. Also bear in mind that we don't really tend to notice people's appearance changing over time if we see them often. We only realise that they look different to the way they used to look when we see old photos and the like.

true. im 26 and a half and people tell me i look 15. i have a baby face and come off as an innocent young teen girl, when in reality my age is of a mature young woman

true. im 26 and a half and people tell me i look 15. i have a baby face and come off as an innocent young teen girl, when in reality my age is of a mature young woman

I have the baby face and looked the same since I was about 5. Eceot for the hair. I am often thought of as about 16.