Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone Preparing for End of Days?

Test Subject

I got the guns... I got the ammo... I got the leather... And I got this baby right here...

SSPX0115-1.jpg

All I hope for, for your sake, is that I don't run out of meds... :o

MAD MAX FTW!!!!!

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! In case of Apocalypse, I'll roid up, make a kevlar batsuit and crack some skulls! :ph34r:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Paracelse

• TheSearcher

• alien-hunter

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! In case of Apocalypse, I'll roid up, make a kevlar batsuit and crack some skulls! :ph34r:

It would give me a reason to break out my sword collection I suppose, so it's not all bad. LMAO

...I have a gun and I know Tae kwon do. Is that enough? Otherwise, sit and pray to God.

But I don't believe the world will end until a) The sun burns out(app. 4 billion years) or B) humans kill it(app. soon if things stay the way they are).

Anyone doing anything to prepare for a possible collapse of the social order or for a global disaster?

h

hahahah seconded

Honestly, for two years I stored food and water and kept up a first aid kit with everything one might need. I had boxes piled ceiling high in the closet in my hall. Why because my ex had me so ****ing paranoid about 2012, I didn't know what else to do. When I lost my apt, I gave everything I'd stored to the local food back. Better the hungry get fed now, I suppose. If the world ends, what is a bunch of beans and rice really gonna do for me?

FOR THE WIN! :tu:

Anyone doing anything to prepare for a possible collapse of the social order or for a global disaster?

yes actually Ive been stocking up on weapons and ammo ,gas masks and filters protective clothing and Kevlar :D and radiation suits water purifiers and filters and water purification tablets non perishable foods that can last up to 5 or more years and ill be collection more towards the end and of course first aid

Edited by randomstranger

yes actually Ive been stocking up on weapons and ammo ,gas masks and filters protective clothing and Kevlar :D and radiation suits water purifiers and filters and water purification tablets non perishable foods that can last up to 5 or more years and ill be collection more towards the end and of course first aid

Heh, lets all go live with this guy. :lol:

Edited by SpiderCyde

GO GALT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt

Success happens when preparation meets opportunity.

This book has some very interesting parallels to what is going on now. It's not a matter of if, but when.

http://referencebooks.suite101.com/article.cfm/patriots_surviving_the_coming_collapse_reviewed

James Wesley, Rawles has written a very interesting and fascinating novel. He combines the fictional genre with real-world wisdom in creating a possible scenario that would test even the most prepared citizens to their fullest. One of the most fascinating characteristics of Rawles' scenario is that it is conceivable; it could happen at any point in time, and possibly tomorrow.

Rawles is the editor of SurvivalBlog.com and is a former U.S. Army Intelligence Officer. As such, he held a Top Secret security clearance and was able to access Sensitive Compartmented Information and attained the rank of Captain.

The Scenario

The setting is current-day America. Todd Gray is an accountant and was working for one of the Big 3 accounting firms when The Crunch began. "When the Crunch came, it did not arrive without warning. By the turn of the century, Federal spending was out of control, and the debt and deficit problems were insurmountable. It was too agonizing to confront them, so they were ignored. A report by the Congressional Budget Office was alarming. It said that just to pay just the interest on the national debt for the year, it would take 100% of the year's individual income tax revenue, 100% of corporate and excise taxes, and 41% of Social Security payroll taxes."

Tom Gray was involved in helping come up with a solution to this seemingly insurmountable problem. But before long, the perfect economic storm swept the country and everything collapsed. The U.S. dollar became worthless. All utilities failed. Inflation was out of control: it "jumped from 16 percent to 35 percent in three days. From there on, it climbed in spurts during the next few days: 62 percent, 110 percent, 315 percent, and then to an incredible 2100 percent." Because money was no good anymore, people were forced to barter with one another, but most people had nothing to barter with. Rioting began, and looting became widespread. And your life could be snuffed out by a bullet at any moment by someone looking for something to eat.

Edited by Astute One

I don't need to be prepared,

God is there to protect me...........

your doomed.

I don't need to be prepared, God is there to protect me

Yeah the lord wouldnt allow the complete social collapse of the world occur, he wouldnt let us die out, he created us, we are on the brink of major discoveries, The lord didnt create us so that we die a horrible death

Yeah the lord wouldnt allow the complete social collapse of the world occur, he wouldnt let us die out, he created us, we are on the brink of major discoveries, The lord didnt create us so that we die a horrible death

That is if the lord exists and if the lord actually gives a damn about us.

That is if the lord exists and if the lord actually gives a damn about us.

Im sure theres a lord, and im sure he gives a dam. If not then im hopin in your lifeboat and im forgetting this debate when all hell breaks loose buddy :geek:

yep, I'm fully prepared. Got a Mars bar in one pocket, and a Sneakers in the other. Bring it on I said :)

Sorry could someone Twit me when the end of day is nearby, I got a really bad memory!!

Edited by zoombie

If not then im hopin in your lifeboat and im forgetting this debate when all hell breaks loose buddy :geek:

I am sorry you wont be able to jump in my life boat, I will be rescuing women because someone has to repopulate the planet if some of us survive :P

Yes, I've been sitting around in my underwear all morning eating cold pizza and drinking coffee - I think that sums up my preparation for the end of days.

Sure he would! He's done it before.

:D

Nibs

I'm half way done with building my Ark.

How much are the tickets? We're a family of four, if it comes within the next year, can we have a concession?

I don't see any reason to prepare. I believe that 2012 will bring some kind of disaster, or a new beginning. Too much evidence to ignore. Many civilizations and psychics say they see it coming. But I'm fine with whatever happens. If I die, I go to heaven. If I live, than it'll be an interesting change of pace. =)

Edited by Ancient River

Yeah, im pretty much against this being the end of the world, i mean something should happen, but i really doubt it would wipe out everyone on earth

I don't need to be prepared, God is there to protect me

good luck with that ;)

people saying it are usually the ones first to die :D

Edited by Cristina1

You've prepared everything and when armagedon happen, someone not prepared will kill you and have all your stuff :P

Already have my Swiss army knife (I'm of the Mac Giver generation) and still looking for 12 virgins to repopulate the planet after the disaster. :innocent: