Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nuclear Messiah

Karlis

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• Karlis

• J.B.

• Pseudo Intellectual

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think that there were ( and still probaby are ) people naive enough to think that Iran wants nukes for peaceful energy purposes.

It is far worse than what they portray in this video because they think Iran is the only one playing games.

According to the Bible and Koran Babylon must be damaged, rebuilt then utterly destroyed for the Messiah to return. Judging from recent events I'd say that both the Americans and Iranians are playing games trying to bring about the Messiah.

Run for the hills!

It is far worse than what they portray in this video because they think Iran is the only one playing games.

According to the Bible and Koran Babylon must be damaged, rebuilt then utterly destroyed for the Messiah to return. Judging from recent events I'd say that both the Americans and Iranians are playing games trying to bring about the Messiah.

Run for the hills!

Saddam Hussein had a go at rebuilding Babylon. How successful he was is a matter of debate, it seems.
In 1983, Saddam Hussein started rebuilding the city on top of the old ruins (because of this, artifacts and other finds may well be under the city by now), investing in both restoration and new construction. He inscribed his name on many of the bricks in imitation of Nebuchadnezzar. One frequent inscription reads: "This was built by Saddam Hussein, son of Nebuchadnezzar, to glorify Iraq". This recalls the ziggurat at Ur, where each individual brick was stamped with "Ur-Nammu, king of Ur, who built the temple of Nanna". These bricks became sought after as collectors' items after the downfall of Hussein, and the ruins are no longer being restored to their original state. He also installed a huge portrait of himself and Nebuchadnezzar at the entrance to the ruins, and shored up Processional Way, a large boulevard of ancient stones, and the Lion of Babylon, a black rock sculpture about 2,600 years old.

When the Gulf War ended, Saddam wanted to build a modern palace, also over some old ruins; it was made in the pyramidal style of a Sumerian ziggurat. He named it Saddam Hill. In 2003, he was ready to begin the construction of a cable car line over Babylon when the invasion began and halted the project.

An article published in April 2006 states that UN officials and Iraqi leaders have plans for restoring Babylon, making it into a cultural center.[36][37]

As of May 2009, the provincial government of Babil has reopened the site to tourism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Saddam Hussein had a go at rebuilding Babylon. How successful he was is a matter of debate, it seems.

Not very, from the sounds of that article.

I doubt that will deter anyone who may be seeking the missing Immam, however.

Well if he believes that than he is nuts!!

Also this is similar to my thread in the world politics section.

Yes let's link nuclear technology with religion. What could go wrong with that?

Problem – it is only the Western media that are linking nuclear technology to religion.

I have recently posted in regard to how the media is a political tool on the thread here. The individual that I used as an example there is Rupert Murdoch, the same media tycoon that created and owns Fox News on which the above report is shown.

What I see here is nothing but scare-tactics to influence the public into supporting Western pretexts to the detriment of the development of Iran. If you are fully aware of how the mass media operates then you will see that all the report does is take a longstanding religious issue and attempts, without credible evidence, to connect this to Iran’s nuclear programme. Yes, some Muslims believe in the prophecy of the Mahdi… but this issue has always been present and yet Iran has not initiated any war for over 150 years!

What people must understand to begin with is that there is no credible evidence of a nuclear weapons programme. This will not deter the media from creating an issue where none exists, using provocative and misleading language to subvert objectivity. Just listen to the report…

In the short opening statement alone there are “concerns”, a “crisis”, we are told it is “dangerous”, there is a “warning” and the word “apocalypse” is dropped in for good measure along with “war and destruction” too. There is not any evidence presented in support of this but it does set the viewer up as intended for the rest of the report. The second sentence is actually amusing in the way it ends with “somehow”… it seems that the news writers are not sure themselves how specifically nuclear apocalypse (that is the seed they are trying to implant isn’t it?) is linked to the Mahdi. The second news reader is no better as she refers to “Iran’s quest for nuclear weapons” and later on, “a potential nuclear arsenal”. These are baseless accusations revealed by the fact that the IAEA has found no evidence of such nuclear diversion to a weapons programme.

As I asked on the thread started by Moon Princess: Where have Khomeini or Ahmadinejad stated their belief that nuclear apocalypse will trigger the coming of the Mahdi? They simply have not. But Fox News tell you that is what they believe and so that must be the way it is I guess. I know it’s a cliché but, open your eyes people.

/Sets himself up for the site backlash against the irony of this. . ./

Never trust the media.

/corrects himself./

Look for the spin and take it out, then trust the media.

Not very, from the sounds of that article.

I doubt that will deter anyone who may be seeking the missing Immam, however.

I was not very "serious" about Saddam's success at rebuilding Babylon to it's previous form. I think he was building an ego-edifice for his own glory, is all. Also, I doubt if anyone will rebuild Babylon; legends seem to have a force of their own, sometimes.

Karlis

I could be wrong, but isnt America currently rebuilding babylon?