Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Copyright notice

Me_Again

Wondering how do to do this before I give away any of my words. lol. "Rocking the mike so viciously"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Me_Again

• snuffypuffer

• Atlantis Rises

No problem. Type out your poem or whatever, then, at the bottom, type this...

copyright (or © whatever you prefer) date, your name.

easy as that!

Now you owe me 50 bucks.

The moment you create something...it is protected by copyright law. No formal registration is necessary.

That being said, it is very important to register it for the following reasons:

People steal stuff...and suppose someone steals your song or poem or whatever....you might spend a fortune in court trying to prove it was originally yours....

So...what you do is this: CLICK HERE

download the appropriate forms, make the appropriate copies, send copies of creation with appropriate fee.

About 6 wks to 3 months or so...you will recieve notification that your work of art is registered in the Library of Congress.

Keep your registration papers in a safe place so if ever needed you can refer to them.

good luck thumbsup.gif

Also if you have many poems, songs, whatever....don't compile them all in order to save money. It is best to register each one seperately. It can get real expensive if you have a whole lot of stuff. Anyway...there you go pal!

joc

Edited by joc

All this free advice just going to waste? tongue.gif

Not wasted, greatly appreciated thumbsup.gif

yw wink2.gif

FYI Note: www.fanfiction.net & www.fictionpress.com are two sites where writers can exhibit their work and everything is copyrighted. As soon as you post your story, the site automatically copyrights it to you. Thought you might be interested.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Atlantis Rises

FYI Note: www.fanfiction.net & www.fictionpress.com are two sites where writers can exhibit their work and everything is copyrighted. As soon as you post your story, the site automatically copyrights it to you.

ahem....no, sorry...as previously mentioned, copyright law is such that at the moment of creation copyright already exists. Do Not...if you are serious about your Work...ever, ever, post or publish anything on the web without first having registered your Work with the Library of Congress! It costs about $30 to register something with the LOC and nobody is going to foot that bill for the public at large.

Do Not...if you are serious about your Work...ever, ever, post or publish anything on the web without first having registered your Work with the Library of Congress! It costs about $30 to register something with the LOC and nobody is going to foot that bill for the public at large.

It is about 20 dollars the last time I checked.

Thank you for letting me know, through all of your posts.

I had the impression that some of my words were "stolen" before,

that is why I asked...

So all of the "good" stuff I write, you will have to buy! j/k

"let me introduce myself, they call me Q.T...

You can call (202) 707-300 or (TTY) (202) 707-6737 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

These numbers are for Forms and Information.

Or download them from Copyright Office website, at www.copyright.gov

This site has all the information and forms needed to copyright any type of written work.

Hope this helps?