Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Nobody Gives You A Reading

Amberlight

I get uncomfortable when I am pressured for a reading. It is one reason why I do not inform people that I have the ability.

• Like 1

If you cannot give a reading for ANY reason, you simply let the person requesting one that the reading isn't possible at this time. Please do not simply ignore the person with no response, as it makes you seem to be making false claims.

• Like 1

If you cannot give a reading for ANY reason, you simply let the person requesting one that the reading isn't possible at this time. Please do not simply ignore the person with no response, as it makes you seem to be making false claims.

I agree but people also have to realize how disheartening it is when you spend the time to do a reading for someone and they never give you feed back, even if it's bad, they should give feed back, it's the only way we grow and learn. And no psychic is right 100% of the time. To expect that is unreasonable, we only see one path out of many.

• 4 weeks later...

as a newbie this helps alot. thank you ;u;/ im alsways sigh about putting my name and face some where becuase of how much power i believe such things hold.

Being new to this site, I want to say thank you for this post. I never considered that a reading could be done here. I have many ares of this site yet to explore. I find it interesting that you can request a reading for free. I would think that rude or selfish, just not right, but I guess if a reader offers services in a thread a free request is ok. I had a tarot reading at a Halloween party once. I did not ask a question, but did shuffle the cards. I was confused by the reading at the time, but took what she said to heart anyway. Two years later the reading is now clear to me. I cannot recall my readers name and do not know how to contact her. Even though I have not been read here, I would like to thank each of you who do free readings. Some may not appreciate your gift but I surely do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there everyone :)

I just saw this when I was browsing around and I wondered if it was ok if I asked a question?.... All I want to know is why is it sometimes when you go for a reading you get refused? My cards were laid out before at a reading and then the lady looked at me and said she would not read my cards sad.gif I was a bit shocked but never found out if there was a particular reason as to why she wouldnt do it...If someone can just answer that for me as it has bothered me for some time now I would be really grateful xx

sometimes ....the cards show interference, in this case the read is dismissed

• 5 months later...

I've never asked for a reading on this site (too shy) but thanks for the good info.

• 1 year later...

Tip 1: Readings threads - When posting in this section of the forum, indicate clearly that it is a reading you want in the title. This will not only get the attention of a reader quicker, it will prevent random/garbage fly by postings which have little to no relevance to your thread. Don't be afraid to hit the report button on any such posts, as in the psychic readings forum, threads work differently and derailing other peoples request threads is heavily frowned upon.

Tip 2. Reading requests - If you want to request a reading always make your own thread. Posting in someone else's thread is heavily frowned upon and you will be asked to make your thread. Only time this is not required is when requesting a reading in a readers own open readings thread.

Tip 3: Advice threads - If you are looking for advice on something and want to hear from those of a psychic perspective / reading only, make that clear also. If you are just wanting general advice, then consider that there are other areas of the site which you can post in as well. Either in the General forum or the Philosophy and Psychology forum. If your thread turns into a general advice thread or is not clear in what kind of advice is wanted, it may well be moved out of this forum and to more general discussion based forum.

Tip 4 - Feedback - If you have received a reading, please leave feedback. There is no quicker way to be ignored by a reader if you become known for not leaving feedback. It is a simple code of Etiquette that if someone has given their free time and energy to you, that you give something back in return.

I am new here and I've already given a few readings and I am locked out of the readings offered. Why?

Hi poohberries. I rarely see "readings" done on here anymore. A lot of the members that used to do them haven't been around in a long time. There still are members that I think do them but I'm really not sure. I've been back online here for only a couple months -so this is only based on those 2 months I've been on here again. This here posted in the quote above gives you some tips how to get the attention of someone able to do a reading for you. Once you post something it might take a day or two for anyone to reply depending on their schedules. So, I hope this helps you out a little bit :) Good luck to you.