Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women prefer feminine men, new research says

Still Waters

Awwwww Libby you know we wuve you and hey it was +17c here yesterday and people were out golfing and riding there motorbikes. We have not to bad winters really (in Calgary) today only about +12c. Now, catch me if you can hehe

The fact that you wrote the temp with a positive sign before the number speaks volumes... :lol:

I'll give you a head start, after all wouldn't want you to do yourself an injury with all the exercise :P

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Marby

• TSS

• _Nyx_

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that you wrote the temp with a positive sign before the number speaks volumes... :lol:

I'll give you a head start, after all wouldn't want you to do yourself an injury with all the exercise :P

LOL I used the plus sign because if I didn't I know you would have called me on it so nana lol If I actually did go for a run I might have a heart attack, which wouldn't be all that bad because then I wouldn't be running LOL

:) It's 68 F (19 C) here.

Nyah - :P

Nibs

:) It's 68 F (19 C) here.

Nyah - :P

Nibs

Perfect brisk jogging weather?

:P

Perfect brisk jogging weather?

:P

LOL. Dog walking.

Gonna snow a bunch on Friday.

:(

Nibs

original.gif Nope,loud and proud!!!

dirtyjobs410alpacashearer02.jpg

Yummm.

Don't need hard as rock abs, don't need designer anything, don't need perfectly coiffed hair.

Just a real man.

Nibs

Ok, I might have been the only one to have actually admitted I love pretty boys ....

BUT GIRL! You did it, you just posted my weakness... for some reason... Mike Rowe does some strange and wonderful things in my imagination... ROTFLOL.

:D :D

Ok, I might have been the only one to have actually admitted I love pretty boys ....

BUT GIRL! You did it, you just posted my weakness... for some reason... Mike Rowe does some strange and wonderful things in my imagination... ROTFLOL.

:D :D

And you do have a purty boy!!!

Is Sam Elliott considered a purty boy, because that is who my husband looks like. He does it for me anyway! :wub:

*Channels his inner Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy* It's because of those damned hormones and hormone altering substances they're putting in all the processed food, plastics and God only knows what!

Think about it, decrease, or alteration in testosterone equals a watered down, or complete lack of a killer instinct in the hunter gender of the species. This would also equal a lack of aggression, strength, and dominance in situations which could potentially boil down to life or death, combat.

Think about those who abuse steroids and succumb to roid rage, similar to what would happen if one was pumped up with too much testosterone. Lack of, or watered down available male hormone in the public populace would actually work very well for those who would call themselves elite, since they can obviously afford whole and unprocessed foods that the average person can't. Scary eh?

To all the girly men out there, you're pathetic, man up, or switch teams.

Edited by SpiderCyde

No hair on my chest, no muscles on my arms, I do not watch contact sports, and beer tastes ugly but mixed and fruity drinks are OK to get tipsy with. I am also emotional and not afraid to admit it. Never had a problem with the type of girls I prefer, very thin girlie girls.

The macho guys into metal used to pick on me when I was a skater in middle school into softer new wave music. They were just jealous and never got any girls lol. Being weaker I did have to learn to fight back and dirty too but I'd rather not ruin my clothes at all.

I believe what women love most of all in a man regardless of all other factors is a sense of confidence.

Edited by Rosewin

And you guys make me out to be some kind of evil monster....

Not our Libby!

LOL Marby you rock girl

Thanks, Sweaty Thong ;)

It's in the low 40's (F) here at the moment and it's been going up into the 50's, which means it must be spring and that the heater will get turned off for the year and told to "put on another jumper" if I complain. ;)

Rosewin, you just mentioned one of my biggest turn offs - bullies. I hate bullies. My first boyfriend ever played football and wrestled, was an all around jock and a big guy. Nicest guy in the world. Everyone used to assume he would be a bully and he would play it up because he was a total clown, but the minute people saw he was teasing, all was good. Still one of my best friends actually, but I went on a tangent there. People who maliciously bully others make me want to hit them, and I often have.

You are also right about self confidence. I think that works both ways too. Everyone likes a person who is self confident.

Rosewin, you just mentioned one of my biggest turn offs - bullies. I hate bullies. My first boyfriend ever played football and wrestled, was an all around jock and a big guy. Nicest guy in the world. Everyone used to assume he would be a bully and he would play it up because he was a total clown, but the minute people saw he was teasing, all was good. Still one of my best friends actually, but I went on a tangent there. People who maliciously bully others make me want to hit them, and I often have.

You are also right about self confidence. I think that works both ways too. Everyone likes a person who is self confident.

Ahh you are right. There was some like bigger guys I would turn to as last resort for help, they were not metal heads but jocks, some of them were always popular with the girls because they were confident too and nice to boot. Those guys always got the very sexiest girls in school (read:curves) that everyone wanted.

Edited by Rosewin

Ahh you are right. There was some like bigger guys I would turn to as last resort for help, they were not metal heads but jocks, some of them were always popular with the girls because they were confident too and nice to boot. Those guys always got the very sexiest girls in school (read:curves) that everyone wanted.

I'm glad that I never fit in with any one clique. I hung out with everyone, probably because no one could pigeon hole me - I had honors classes and played softball (until I messed up my knee so it was shortlived), yet dressed like a metal head. My friends were from almost every clique. I did find in my high school experience that the metal heads were less likely to bully than the jocks were (metal heads got bullied a lot), which is why it was odd for me to date a jock for as long as I did in high school. Not all, but then, I suppose the dynamics are different wherever you go.

Edited by Marby

I'm glad that I never fit in with any one clique. I hung out with everyone, probably because no one could pigeon hole me - I had honors classes and played softball (until I messed up my knee), yet dressed like a metal head. My friends were from almost every clique. I did find in my high school experience that the metal heads were less likely to bully than the jocks were (metal heads got bullied a lot), which is why it was odd for me to date a jock for as long as I did in high school. Not all, but then, I suppose the dynamics are different wherever you go.

Where I grew up you tended to get pigeon holed by association, high crime rates etc....a lot of the people I grew up with are what society would call very unsavoury people, but i've always approached meeting any group of people with an open mind (even if they are nutters lol).....I've always tried to meet as many different types of people as possible though, and i'm better for it - there was a saying my dad told me when I was a kid, and it served me well, make sure you can "run with the foxes AND hunt with the hounds" - it works well and gives you a good view from both sides of any coin.

Edit - spelling

Edited by Scanner.....

Where I grew up you tended to get pigeon holed by association, high crime rates etc....a lot of the people I grew up with are what society would call very unsavoury people, but i've always approached meeting any group of people with an open mind (even if they are nutters lol).....I've always tried to meet as many different types of people as possible though, and i'm better for it - there was a saying my dad told me when I was a kid, and it served me well, make sure you can "run with the foxes AND hunt with the hounds" - it works well and gives you and good view from both sides or any coin.

I think you get a lot of that no matter where you go. I consider myself very fortunate that I've never lived in what people would call a bad neighborhood - even when I lived in Miami at the end of my high school days, the neighborhood I lived in is one that everyone jokes around about (more Cuban than Cuban and a living, breathing stereotype - there's even a fan page for Hialeah on FB called "Only in Hialeah" where natives make fun of themselves!), but I've just always gone my own way. I was always taught to look at individuals, not the group they belong to and it's worked so far. Your dad was right, and I love that saying!!I think it's great advice, and it seems to have worked out for you as well.

Edited by Marby

I think you get a lot of that no matter where you go. I consider myself very fortunate that I've never lived in what people would call a bad neighborhood - even when I lived in Miami at the end of my high school days, the neighborhood I lived in is one that everyone jokes around about (more Cuban than Cuban and a living, breathing stereotype - there's even a fan page for Hialeah on FB called "Only in Hialeah" where natives make fun of themselves!), but I've just always gone my own way. I was always taught to look at individuals, not the group they belong to and it's worked so far. Your dad was right, and I love that saying!!I think it's great advice, and it seems to have worked out for you as well.

I live in one of those stereotypical places now, a little village in the middle of nowhere. Moving from a place with a high heroin and crack problem, and extreme daily violence over petty issues, to a village where the first day I moved in the neighbour asked me if I wanted to attend a local village hall meeting, to discuss changing the times for the local church bell ringers (that's not a euphonism lol)....well it was surreal to say the least! :w00t:

My biggest stresses these days are - do I walk the dog across that field, or across that field...it's bliss.

Edited by Scanner.....

I live in one of those stereotypical places now, a little village in the middle of nowhere. Moving from a place with a high heroin and crack problem, and extreme daily violence over petty issues, to a village where the first day I moved in the neighbour asked me if I wanted to attend a local village hall meeting, to discuss changing the times for the local church bell ringers (that's not a euphonism lol)....well it was surreal to say the least! :w00t:

My biggest stresses these days are - do I walk the dog across that field, or across that field...it's bliss.

LMAO! You have to love that, though. I live in a small town at the moment, and my brother in law lives in a nearby village "plagued" with those types of issues. First time we went there when they moved into their house, I asked him, "So when do the witch burnings start tonight?" But in all seriousness, it's a great place.

You and I have pretty much the same stress issues. :lol:

It's a hard life isn't it! ;):lol:

:lol: I think the only people that have it easier are the dogs.

And hey, we've paid our dues, so it's all right. ;)

:lol: I think the only people that have it easier are the dogs.

And hey, we've paid our dues, so it's all right. ;)

I can't argue with that. :)

Is this thread for real??? It really is.*Snip*...now....is there anything wrong with that? If there is i apologise now.

oh and i forgot to mention, you can share clothes and make-up and do each others hair, but fighting over the bathroom mirror is a b**** in the mornings.

Edited by SupeRgirl
that's going a bit far..

No hair on my chest, no muscles on my arms, I do not watch contact sports, and beer tastes ugly but mixed and fruity drinks are OK to get tipsy with. I am also emotional and not afraid to admit it.

But that's different, you're supposed to be the woman in our relationship.

To all the girly men out there, you're pathetic, man up, or switch teams.

I'd like to challenge your masculinity with a hunting match.

The prey: Eachother

Winning condition: Last man alive

This study seems to be about the relationship between quality of health care and preference (feminine/masculine)

It mentions the effect remained even when they controlled for other factors. I would like to know what these other factors were.

Problems i see with this is - not everyone shares a common same experience or attitude towards healthcare. ESP in the UK. Quality of health care is often described a postcode lottery.

Anyway, i agree with who ever said that the big strong gruff type can be caring without meaning they are feminine or 'emotionally' feminine. My boyfriend is very much in the big strong gruff alpha male category both physically, mentally and in terms of 'energy' too..but i would put him as very balanced emotionally and extremely articulate in the way he relates and expresses himself. Which is extremely attractive and important to me, i wouldn't change a thing about him. :wub: That said, he can also pull off a rather unique grizzly pretty boy look too, depending on what he does with his facial hair. :P

What this is, is scientists trying to tell you what you like, they throw it out there and people jump on the band wagon ...pretty silly to me. I will not let them tell me what to like, think, act like or anything what so ever, all of it is just a trick ..to trick you and I into following the herd to enslave us more and more, we are living in a prison albeit a mind prison, but a prison non-the less.

What this is, is scientists trying to tell you what you like, they throw it out there and people jump on the band wagon ...pretty silly to me. I will not let them tell me what to like, think, act like or anything what so ever, all of it is just a trick ..to trick you and I into following the herd to enslave us more and more, we are living in a prison albeit a mind prison, but a prison non-the less.

WOW, a bit OTT isn't it. There was me thinking it was just some musings about some pointless and seemingly (judging by the female posts on here) inaccurate research!

Edited by Scanner.....