Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dog wash' machine gets a spin in Japan

Still Waters

A washing machine for dogs is proving to be a boon for pets in Japan who shun a traditional bath.

The ''dog wash'' was designed in the US and gives pets an automatic drenching with warm water and a blow-dry.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marby

• schizoidwoman

• Still Waters

• Voyager10

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That dog looks so unimpressed...

Washin the dog, washin the dooog ...

:)

No, schizoidwoman, the dog did not look impressed.

The two issues I have with this, aside from the one about people needing to get control of their dogs to bathe them or frequent a groomer instead:

1. A malfunctioning machine could potentially scald a dog and kill it.

2. It takes 35 minutes from start to finish. I have a 100+ pound dog and a 35 pound dog. I can bathe both of them in that time even if they aren't in the mood to be bathed. And I don't have to give up a tenner to do it.

Voyager10... I love Beavis and Butthead. :lol:

Edited by Marby

No, schizoidwoman, the dog did not look impressed.

The two issues I have with this, aside from the one about people needing to get control of their dogs to bathe them or frequent a groomer instead:

1. A malfunctioning machine could potentially scald a dog and kill it.

2. It takes 35 minutes from start to finish. I have a 100+ pound dog and a 35 pound dog. I can bathe both of them in that time even if they aren't in the mood to be bathed. And I don't have to give up a tenner to do it.

Voyager10... I love Beavis and Butthead. :lol:

I wouldn't use one of those for my dog; she loves having her baths and I really don't think she'd like being put in there instead but you're right, 35 minutes is a long time for the job and I bet it isn't cheap either.

Voyager - Absolutely brilliant!

Poor thing. It looks terrified in the beginning. :(

Does the thing use shampoo or just spray them with water for half an hour?

I wouldn't use one of those for my dog; she loves having her baths and I really don't think she'd like being put in there instead but you're right, 35 minutes is a long time for the job and I bet it isn't cheap either.

Voyager - Absolutely brilliant!

It did say in the video that it was $10, whatever that translates into these days, but 35 minutes really is far too long. My dogs tolerate their baths. They don't like them at all, but they don't fight it either, which is probably fortunate given the size of one of them. Even so, I just don't like the idea, and I doubt that they would either.

I can't help but think that too much can go wrong with a machine like that. That really bugs me for some reason.

Purplos, I do believe that shampoo is involved. If not, then it's worth even less!