Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men prefer averagely shaped women

Mr Black

But in my honest opinion it's all in the eye of the beholder (especially when your married and the wife stands on your shoulder now and then) ;)

I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one posting on this thread with 12 bore aimed in his general direction.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• Marby

• Rosewin

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I just point out that 'slim' and 'curvy' are not mutually exclusive as most of the world and clothing industry seems to think?

Just because you are slim does not mean you can't have hips and are flat like a board. <_<

I think that's what the OP meant (and the thread has reinforced).

I've heard women talk about how men expect them to be a size 2 and always asked, "What men?".

Pick up any "men's magazine" (art to me, smut to you). You'll not see Kate Moss and you'll not see big fatties. The vast majority of men prefer average in build (even though rubber, excuse me - salt water breasts are a bit too common (and I've always thought this is more the women wanting to live up to Barbie than their men wanting plastic DD's to play with)). If you look like you just escaped Auschwitz (or that you just left after eating everyone there), most men won't look twice.

I think the only men who prefer one or the other extreme are fetishists.

This is so true. Trust me. I know. Though my issues aren't so much in the hip area as they are a bit further north. :blush:

I hate shopping sometimes.

Yes...that as well lol, bikini tops especially! Though my worst problem is jeans shopping....

Yes...that as well lol, bikini tops especially! Though my worst problem is jeans shopping....

Bikini tops are hell. And so is the realization that even other women don't remember what color your eyes are. Plus, no matter how thin you get, being top heavy and short makes me look like I could still stand to lose more. I really don't understand why people would want implants. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter about the girls, but they are annoying, especially for shopping. ;)

My problem with jeans is finding the "short" version. Seems they always have "tall" and "regular" in abundance, but I have to hunt down the "short". I had a laugh over it the other day when I walked into a shop and the petite section consisted of one side of a four sided rack.

Edited by Marby

A modern quality i suppose.

xnumoh.jpg

But in my honest opinion it's all in the eye of the beholder (especially when your married and the wife stands on your shoulder now and then) ;)

iqbxua.gif

That doesn't look too dissimilar to Cetacea :D

Jeans.

1qsh6u.jpg

or

16l0lt.jpg

Edited by Belial

Bikini tops are hell. And so is the realization that even other women don't remember what color your eyes are. Plus, no matter how thin you get, being top heavy and short makes me look like I could still stand to lose more. I really don't understand why people would want implants. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter about the girls, but they are annoying, especially for shopping. ;)

My problem with jeans is finding the "short" version. Seems they always have "tall" and "regular" in abundance, but I have to hunt down the "short". I had a laugh over it the other day when I walked into a shop and the petite section consisted of one side of a four sided rack.

We have our problems too. I'm 5'10" and muscular (I have an 18 and a half inch neck). It's not that uncommon a build, but I've never found an off-the-rack dress shirt that will button all the way to the top that didn't have arms 5" longer than mine with a foot of excess material that I had to tuck in a bunch in the back.

Yep, I know what you mean about implants (see below lol), well unless you really are that flat and go to a 'normal' size.

Incidentally I don't have long legs either but 'short' is usually too short so I have come to terms with having slightly too long pants. Matt says I should wear more heels to make up for the length. I tell him he can walk around in heels for a few days and then feel how he feels about that suggestion :P

That doesn't look too dissimilar to Cetacea :D

He's exaggerating. When I said curvy I did not mean water melon curvy. I wouldn't want boobs that big. where would I shop? :unsure2:

Jeans.

1qsh6u.jpg

or

16l0lt.jpg

I hate jeans, HATE THEM! I'm about 5"7 maybe a little taller, and one of those between sizes kind. Between a UK size 10-12, like an 11. :/ Jeans are the worst, I find a pare that fit comfy round the legs, but on the hips they're either too loose or too tight. Or too tight/loose round the legs, too loose/tight round the waist.

Good thing I love dresses lol.

Edited by Moon Minion

Jeans.

1qsh6u.jpg

or

16l0lt.jpg

See with skinny jeans, you really do need to be skinny to wear them!

Yep, I know what you mean about implants (see below lol), well unless you really are that flat and go to a 'normal' size.

Incidentally I don't have long legs either but 'short' is usually too short so I have come to terms with having slightly too long pants. Matt says I should wear more heels to make up for the length. I tell him he can walk around in heels for a few days and then feel how he feels about that suggestion :P

He's exaggerating. When I said curvy I did not mean water melon curvy. I wouldn't want boobs that big. where would I shop? :unsure2:

I can certainly understand wanting implants to go to a normal size, but yeah, when they look like baby's bald heads poking out of one's top, it gets weird. ;)

LOL! Heels? Heels are evil, Matt, y'hear?! :lol: I would rather deal with the slightly longer pants leg, honestly. I am pretty sure that heels were invented as a torture device during the Spanish Inquisition. ;) I wear them when I have no other choice.

We have our problems too. I'm 5'10" and muscular (I have an 18 and a half inch neck). It's not that uncommon a build, but I've never found an off-the-rack dress shirt that will button all the way to the top that didn't have arms 5" longer than mine with a foot of excess material that I had to tuck in a bunch in the back.

My husband and brother in law just sort of have slightly thicker necks than average and have a similar problem. I hate to say this, but it's almost comforting to know that guys have issues too. Y'all make it look so easy. Walk into the shop, grab something without a second glance or trying it on, pay and walk out.

Moon Minion... dresses are my favorite thing some days!

They look much better than jeans! Cetacea was so disconsolate when we lived in the US, dresses where so rare, most of the woman's clothing available was very bland (American Eagle, Hollister etc) or very old!

And you know heels look great :P

Edited by Mattshark

My husband and brother in law just sort of have slightly thicker necks than average and have a similar problem. I hate to say this, but it's almost comforting to know that guys have issues too. Y'all make it look so easy. Walk into the shop, grab something without a second glance or trying it on, pay and walk out.

But see, we do that because we don't have the vast array of options that women have in sizes/cuts. There's fat guy cut, average guy cut, and skinny guy cut. If one of those doesn't fit perfectly, you'll never find something mass produced that does, whereas a woman just need to keep looking.

For a guy, if you aren't built exactly like the default archetype, your only option to find clothes that fit perfectly is a tailor.

But see, we do that because we don't have the vast array of options that women have in sizes/cuts. There's fat guy cut, average guy cut, and skinny guy cut. If one of those doesn't fit perfectly, you'll never find something mass produced that does, whereas a woman just need to keep looking.

For a guy, if you aren't built exactly like the default archetype, your only option to find clothes that fit perfectly is a tailor.

Actually, due to changes in sizing, small now was what was medium 10 years ago and buying clothes for small sizes is getting extremely hard. There is lots of pandering to large sizes and less and less available to smaller sizes, in both women's and men's clothing.

Can I just point out that 'slim' and 'curvy' are not mutually exclusive as most of the world and clothing industry seems to think?

Just because you are slim does not mean you can't have hips and are flat like a board. <_<

Ooh I'm sure we've had this conversation before :lol:

Exactly what you said.

People tend to talk about the more extreme, anorexic models and then "real" VERY curvy women when they talk about this topic... naturally slim women certainly aren't all flat and have child-like hips.

They look much better than jeans! Cetacea was so disconsolate when we lived in the US, dresses where so rare, most of the woman's clothing available was very bland (American Eagle, Hollister etc) or very old!

And you know heels look great :P

Oh, finding a good selection of dresses in jeans happy America is nowhere near as easy as it is here. I go on dress shopping frenzies even after nearly four years because I feel spoiled for choice. So much more comfortable in the summer, too!

I think Cetacea should make you wear heels for a day. We won't tell people about it, but you'll know what it's like. Muahahaha. :lol:

This is very true. We complain about how things aren't tailored to fit us, and they really aren't in certain cases because of the way trends go, but with guys, it always remains the same.

Oh, finding a good selection of dresses in jeans happy America is nowhere near as easy as it is here. I go on dress shopping frenzies even after nearly four years because I feel spoiled for choice. So much more comfortable in the summer, too!

I think Cetacea should make you wear heels for a day. We won't tell people about it, but you'll know what it's like. Muahahaha. :lol:

Never, men in heels is wrong and scary!

Yeah, living in America you realise why most designers are European! The fashions there are very bland and commonly unflattering and for some reason clothes aimed at any one over 21 seem to designed to make you look 40.

Moon Minion... dresses are my favorite thing some days!

Amen...though...when I go to my local shopping mall, it's like "A nightmare down clothing isle"

All they have lately is these awful leggings, loose dangling tops that come down to your hips, dresses that make you look pregnant cause they seem to sorta hang down loosely from the chest...I go for the more feminine alternative look, suits me good. :P

I love getting about and finding those random little stores with little surprises!

Edited by Moon Minion

Never, men in heels is wrong and scary!

Yeah, living in America you realise why most designers are European! The fashions there are very bland and commonly unflattering and for some reason clothes aimed at any one over 21 seem to designed to make you look 40.

Awwwww, but it builds character, or something!

I totally agree. And then if you wear something that you would commonly see on a 21 year old, even if it looks good and you tone it down to make it age appropriate, you get accused of being a mutton dressed as a lamb. The shopping might be one of my favorite things about Europe. There is no set "uniform". I love jeans, and I love comfy cargo pants, but there's more to life than that. To be fair, in the States, some places you find are really good, but if you are in the average small town, forget it.

Amen...though...when I go to my local shopping mall, it's like "A nightmare down clothing isle"

All they have lately is these awful leggings, loose dangling tops that come down to your hips, dresses that make you look pregnant cause they seem to sorta hang down loosely from the chest...I go for the more feminine alternative look, suits me good. :P

I love getting about and finding those random little stores with little surprises!

Leggings are as evil as heels! There are one or two body types that can wear them without looking like their legs were last seen holding cables together, or like part of a waterbed.

I just like looking feminine. Even if I wear jeans, I try to dress it up a bit with a feminine top. I got over the whole grunge look when I was 21. :P

It's gone way to girly in here for me - I'm off to find a thread about shooting stuff n' fings like that.. :unsure2:

Same here mate I am gonna go somewhere and beat my chest and make some grunts and I dunno drool over fast cars and also check out a thread about shooting stuff as that is what makes you a manly man lol.

It's gone way to girly in here for me - I'm off to find a thread about shooting stuff n' fings like that.. :unsure2:

We've taken over. :blush:

Same here mate I am gonna go somewhere and beat my chest and make some grunts and I dunno drool over fast cars and also check out a thread about shooting stuff as that is what makes you a manly man lol.

I'm chopping a tree down whilst downing beers as we speak....