Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men prefer averagely shaped women

Mr Black

And there go two 'men/boys' who have issues with there sexuality :w00t:

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• Marby

• Rosewin

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooh I'm sure we've had this conversation before :lol:

Exactly what you said.

People tend to talk about the more extreme, anorexic models and then "real" VERY curvy women when they talk about this topic... naturally slim women certainly aren't all flat and have child-like hips.

I believe we have :lol:

It does make me very angry though when plus-sized clothing is advertised as being for 'real' women with 'real' curves. It's just insulting!

Awwwww, but it builds character, or something!

I totally agree. And then if you wear something that you would commonly see on a 21 year old, even if it looks good and you tone it down to make it age appropriate, you get accused of being a mutton dressed as a lamb. The shopping might be one of my favorite things about Europe. There is no set "uniform". I love jeans, and I love comfy cargo pants, but there's more to life than that. To be fair, in the States, some places you find are really good, but if you are in the average small town, forget it.

I did like the look of Forever 21, though I only had the chance to go there once for a about half an hour on a stop over, they seemed to have a lot more flowy tops and dresses, pretty things! Not just jeans, t-shirt, hoodie. Saying that, Matt was made up because he likes jeans,t-shirt, hoodie :lol: He misses AE....

It's gone way to girly in here for me - I'm off to find a thread about shooting stuff n' fings like that.. :unsure2:

OH come on! Surely you must have some secret fashion issue either for girls or guys that you wish to chew over? :P

I'm chopping a tree down whilst downing beers as we speak....

I just killed a animal with a over kill weapon and now roaring into the wind so damn manly, gonna go crush some cans on my head now.

*runs, like really really quickly*

You cant escape death mate, its like final destination.

Edited by chaoszerg

I believe we have :lol:

It does make me very angry though when plus-sized clothing is advertised as being for 'real' women with 'real' curves. It's just insulting!

I did like the look of Forever 21, though I only had the chance to go there once for a about half an hour on a stop over, they seemed to have a lot more flowy tops and dresses, pretty things! Not just jeans, t-shirt, hoodie. Saying that, Matt was made up because he likes jeans,t-shirt, hoodie :lol: He misses AE....

Oh dear,we're scaring some of the boys on a thread they started in retaliation for being objectified in the feminine looking men thread. ;)

Forever 21 was a nice place to shop as I remember it. I love flowy things. And I like for material to feel nice on the skin in general. LOL @ Matt. Jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, and heels for him!

I have to also agree that it is insulting that plus sized is advertised as you described. While I am certainly glad that plus sized women are getting more options nowadays, the term "real" is getting as confusing as "curvy". So many people see it in different ways. And coming from the States, some of those terms really confused me at first. But then, so did the idea that the UK sizes are numbered differently (bigger), so I the first time I went shopping here, I nearly cried trying things on until I remembered that difference.

I just killed a animal with a over kill weapon and now roaring into the wind so damn manly, gonna go crush some cans on my head now.

You cant escape death mate, its like final destination.

You didn't use your bare hands, CZ? That's just not manly enough. :lol:

Leggings are as evil as heels! There are one or two body types that can wear them without looking like their legs were last seen holding cables together, or like part of a waterbed.

I just like looking feminine. Even if I wear jeans, I try to dress it up a bit with a feminine top. I got over the whole grunge look when I was 21. :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates leggings, all my friends wear them. But I think that has more to do with the fact it's fashion lol.

Corset tops and lacy skirts/dresses for me.

Edited by Moon Minion

Oh dear,we're scaring some of the boys on a thread they started in retaliation for being objectified in the feminine looking men thread. ;)

Forever 21 was a nice place to shop as I remember it. I love flowy things. And I like for material to feel nice on the skin in general. LOL @ Matt. Jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, and heels for him!

I have to also agree that it is insulting that plus sized is advertised as you described. While I am certainly glad that plus sized women are getting more options nowadays, the term "real" is getting as confusing as "curvy". So many people see it in different ways. And coming from the States, some of those terms really confused me at first. But then, so did the idea that the UK sizes are numbered differently (bigger), so I the first time I went shopping here, I nearly cried trying things on until I remembered that difference.

Actually, they not only have more options, they have by far the most options, nothing in NEXT for example will fit Cetacea, and there is a limited amount in her size in other shops, it seems it is ok for shops to discriminate against thinner women. Bet there would be an outcry if there was a store like Evans, but instead of 14 and up it was 4-12.

OH come on! Surely you must have some secret fashion issue either for girls or guys that you wish to chew over? :P

Well now you come to mention it, I bought this loooovely little top recently...

*takes myself to one side, and gives myself a good slap*

Leggings are as evil as heels!

Really?

I view leggings as a 'what-can-I-put-on-which-will-look-all-right-for-going-out-in-public-when-I'm-feeling-too-lazy-to-make-an-effort', lol. Which at the moment is often.

Well now you come to mention it, I bought this loooovely little top recently...

*takes myself to one side, and gives myself a good slap*

:lol: :lol: aww that's adorable...

LOL, Minion and Stormie... I could wear leggings in the 80's when I was a teenager. If I do that now, I will just enhance things that don't need enhancing anymore. I save leggings for hen-dos that require one dress up as a fairy.

@Scanner...was it cute?

@Mattshark... Next is hit and miss for me. I know what you mean, though. It seems that the trend in stores has gone to the extreme polar opposite these days. With me, I tend to fluctate on either side of a size, too, so I never know what size I even am unless I try everything on.

In the States, the only plus size store there was in the old days was Lane Bryant, and I didn't realize it was plus size for years until I was desperately looking for a yellow top and my stepmother blurted out in the middle of the store, "You aren't fat, let's go!" We got some dirty looks. I don't know about the States these days. I feel like I've been gone a lifetime, but here, I know that there would be an outcry if there was a 4-12 only shop.

Edited by Marby

Cans?? Pffft, I use paving slabs, I'm well ard', but my patio looks a state now...

It was cute Marby, lovely little black number, got the trousers to match, but they made my bum look big so I don't wear them....

Black is a slimming color. You should go with black trousers with a little give in the hips so that you don't look like you're stuffed in a sausage casing. ;)

Black is a slimming color. You should go with black trousers with a little give in the hips so that you don't look like you're stuffed in a sausage casing. ;)

I shall bare that in mind...

What the hell am I talking about, I really need to get out more I think, the footballs on, and I need to get some credibility back so I'm off to watch that ;)

Edited by Scanner.....

I shall bare that in mind...

What the hell am I talking about, I really need to get out more I think, the footablls on, and I need to get some credibility back so I'm off to watch that ;)

Football!

Edited by Mattshark

It was cute Marby, lovely little black number, got the trousers to match, but they made my bum look big so I don't wear them....

Now if you were a woman you'd have thrown in the shoes that make your feet bleed but you wear all the time anyway 'cause they're SOOOOOOO CUTE!!

NO NO NO, real football, Upton Park, not that team that stole the FA cup from us a few years back... :D

:lol:

Well, we had to make it dramatic! We can't do anything the simple way!

Our 3rd goal was absolutely stunning as well!

Edited by Mattshark

:lol:

Well, we had to make it dramatic! We can't do anything the simple way!

Our 3rd goal was absolutely stunning as well!

I will give you that, it was a world class goal, worthy of winning any football match.

Got to be said too, both teams played exceptionally well, making it the best final of the modern era imo, even though we lost. lol.

I will give you that, it was a world class goal, worthy of winning any football match.

Got to be said too, both teams played exceptionally well, making it the best final of the modern era imo, even though we lost. lol.

Agreed, it was a great game to watch, though not for my heart! Especially after the CL final the year before!

Agreed, it was a great game to watch, though not for my heart! Especially after the CL final the year before!

Now that WAS a stunning game. Even I found myself cheering them on during the second half comeback. Doubt we'll see a game like that in CL final in our lifetime again!